The Biggest Detriment

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
thetrueaggie

The Biggest Detriment

Post by thetrueaggie » November 25th, 2018, 12:23 am

The biggest detriment to this program is the inability to win big games. I'm not talking about bowl games where we play an average G5 team, but how we never beat our scheduled P5 opponents, beat Boise once in a blue moon, etc.

slcagg

Re: The Biggest Detriment

Post by slcagg » November 25th, 2018, 12:25 am

Well we did beat Boise in a blue moon. But yeah I’d like to win these games more often.

thetrueaggie

Post by thetrueaggie » November 25th, 2018, 12:29 am

slcagg wrote:
November 25th, 2018, 12:25 am
Well we did beat Boise in a blue moon. But yeah I’d like to win these games more often.
I meant we beat them once in a blue moon haha

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 25th, 2018, 7:55 am

Disagree. The biggest detriment is lack of support - empty seats and small budget.
Success will not be sustained until we have support.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 25th, 2018, 8:05 am

I’m with jeans on this one. Our lack of fan support is a much bigger issue. Fact is, we have won big games. We beat a ranked La Tech on the road. We beat a ranked BYU on the road. We beat a ranked No. Ill. In a bowl game.

If we don’t find some more hard core fans soon, we are destined to fall back down to irrelevance.

Harcher
Been thanked: 0

Post by Harcher » November 25th, 2018, 8:13 am

USU was utter doormat for decades. Now we are rightfully (emotionally) griping how we were 5 plays away from a conference championship game played at maverik.

Ultimately football is about being a PROGRAM. We are no longer doormat program but debatably 4th best program in MWC. Someone posted in one of many threads that we have been in conf championship position in 2012, 2014, 2018. It’s a new era. We have another step to take to beat Boise on any sort of regular basis.

Claim is that our recruiting for next year is best ever. This is sign of increasing program. There are still negatives (sucky fan support this year for such a great team) but because it is a program, we must hold on to being top 4 program and add to that for a NEW baseline to get championships and even perhaps perennial MWC power player.

Locked Previous topicNext topic