2019 Schedule

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dyedblue

Re: 2019 Schedule

Post by dyedblue » December 18th, 2018, 5:39 pm

2004AG wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
2004AG wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 6:56 am
USUBlue wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 8:33 pm
I expect 10-2 with the roster we have.

9-3 would be okay, anything less would be a disappointment.

We return or record setting QB, both running backs, several receivers, a very good tight end, an all-American LB, Tipa, several D-lineman, and a lot of our secondary. Couple that with a consensus all-American kick returner and a record setting kicker.

Expectations are sky high for next year. LSU is the only scheduled loss on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate all of the excitement next year, and I’m looking forward to GA leading us again. But, out of approximately 55 players on offense, including kickers and punters, we will have two seniors on next years team (Bright and iniguez). So new offensive coaches, nine new starters, new system, and perhaps the toughest schedule I’ve ever seen at Utah State, I expect if we do anything 7-5 or better, it is a great year.

I keep hearing about all of our returning players, but that would only be on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, it’s all going to be new with the exception of Love and Edwards. Even Bright and Nathan were backups.
He’s just setting himself up so that when Gary doesn’t win 10 games, he can be proven right that Gary shouldn’t have been hired and Matt is the better coach.

Nope, no ulterior motive here. I like the Andersen hire. Just being realistic. Next year is going to have a lot of changes, with the toughest schedule I’ve seen at Utah State.
Not you. Dyedblue. He’s been very vocal about not wanting Gary and seemed to take any criticism of Matt, personal the last couple years.

Go back and read. I criticized Matt when needed, and defended him when I felt like he was doing a good job.

No I don't like the GA hire, but I do like the staff he put together which alleviates one of my main concerns.

I'm not sure what either those positions have to do with thinking going 6-6 next year would be a massive disappointment? This program is in great shape, perhaps as good as it ever has been.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » December 18th, 2018, 5:48 pm

LKGates wrote:
UtahStizzle wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 7:21 pm
We need to go 6-0 at home.
Dude, we always need to go 6-0 at home. When was the last time you thought/wrote/said "Hey! We need to lose a couple of home games!"
When I felt like we could win some road games.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » December 18th, 2018, 5:54 pm

dyedblue wrote:
AGNUMPI wrote:6 wins is the breaking point next year. Less than that would be disappointing. 6 would be we didn't progress much if at all. 7 would be great. 8 or more and it is celebration time.
6 wins? That would be a MAJOR disappointment. I doubt we've ever had more talent returning to a team. Look at what we returned from last year's team?

A shaky QB that many felt would get beat out for the job.

An unproven WR convert and a bunch of guys that couldn't get in the field at RB.

Dax, Tarver, and Nathan at WR and a rock solid O-line.

Our offense was terrible (sorry Yost, but you sucked) and couldn't move the ball or score at all.

On defense we returned a much maligned safety, and a patch work of linebackers. The D-line was incapable of getting pressure on the QB.

And yet we got to 10 wins this year.

@San Diego State - Win
@Fresno State - Win
@LSU - Loss
@Wake Forest - Win
@Air Force - Win
@New Mexico - Win

BYU
CSU
WYOMING
NEVADA
BOISE
FCS

I count 5 wins at home alone. Who got better than us?

This is not a GA pay at all. Do I like the hire, no. But I do support the Aggies and GA is the coach. Realistically you are saying six wins is the expectation next year?

Wow you've got me thinking we'll almost be as good as pre-September BYU next year.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm

We throttled BYU on the road, we win at home. CSU and Wyoming aren't magically getting better than us so that is 3-0.

We lost to Boise on the road in game that we had a chance to win until the last minute of the game, they lose their QB and their running back will likely go pro.

We should beat Nevada at home and we will win our FCS game against Stony Brooki

That is 5-1 at worst at home..
On the road LSU is a loss, but Fresno and San Diego State are games we should win.

Air Force, New Mexico, and Wake are all winnable.

That puts our ceiling at 10-2 with a floor of 8-4. Sorry for being optimistic, back to your 6-6 predictions.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » December 18th, 2018, 9:35 pm

dyed blue what about Bsu's recruiting though?

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » December 18th, 2018, 9:38 pm

@San Diego State - toss up
@Fresno State - loss
@LSU - Loss
@Wake Forest - Win
@Air Force - Win
@New Mexico - Win

BYU- win
CSU- win
WYOMING- win
NEVADA- win
BOISE -loss
FCS -win
likely 8-4 or 9-3 i think

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 18th, 2018, 9:42 pm

bazinga22 wrote:dyed blue what about Bsu's recruiting though?
Doesn't that mean they will be young and inexperienced? In 2-3 years those kids may kill us.

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » December 18th, 2018, 10:13 pm

still they have pretty good players coming back.They seem to reload

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » December 18th, 2018, 10:47 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 9:49 pm
With regards to the O-Line losses, don't forget that we redshirted Iniguez this year, who had previously started. I can't remember if there are others that are the same, but we definitely have some talent moving up the ranks that have gotten significant playing time with the new redshirt rule this year.
Anddd he's gone

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 19th, 2018, 5:06 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm
We throttled BYU on the road, we win at home. CSU and Wyoming aren't magically getting better than us so that is 3-0.

We lost to Boise on the road in game that we had a chance to win until the last minute of the game, they lose their QB and their running back will likely go pro.

We should beat Nevada at home and we will win our FCS game against Stony Brooki

That is 5-1 at worst at home..
On the road LSU is a loss, but Fresno and San Diego State are games we should win.

Air Force, New Mexico, and Wake are all winnable.

That puts our ceiling at 10-2 with a floor of 8-4. Sorry for being optimistic, back to your 6-6 predictions.
Thank you! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when I read about how difficult our schedule is going to be next year from nearly everyone around here. I'm sorry, but when you take a look at the returning personnel (key stars) of our opponents and where the games will be played - it's not all that different than what we have faced over the last several seasons. BSU and Fresno St. lose SR QB's. BSU may be able to reload more easily due to more depth and talent but Fresno St. will be back to life before McMaryion. We throttled the Bulldogs in 2015 and 2016, but all we ever seem to hear about is how our record is only good because we avoided them this year. Nevada will also be moving on without their SR QB. Without experienced QB's a lot of these teams will likely be relying on the run game which should play right into our strength on defense.

I feel no different than I did going into this season, 8 wins is the floor.

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » December 19th, 2018, 5:15 pm

I remember Urban Meyer saying when you lose players you better bring in players as good as better than those that left or else your record would likely suffer the next year.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » December 19th, 2018, 6:03 pm

bazinga22 wrote:
December 19th, 2018, 5:15 pm
I remember Urban Meyer saying when you lose players you better bring in players as good as better than those that left or else your record would likely suffer the next year.
I agree with that thinking. So my question, are any of the players that we signed today going to start game 1 against Wake Forest next year?

bazinga22

Post by bazinga22 » December 19th, 2018, 8:56 pm

possibly the players in position of need possibly.

Locked Previous topicNext topic