Gary's assistants?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7184
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by dyedblue » December 24th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Is there any chance a guy like Connor Williams would come back as a GA? Dude was an awesome leader. I funny know if he could handle a few more years of school though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 354
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 24th, 2018, 7:54 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 24th, 2018, 6:49 pm
Is there any chance a guy like Connor Williams would come back as a GA? Dude was an awesome leader. I funny know if he could handle a few more years of school though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I doubt it, I believe he's still making good coin in the CFL.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7184
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by dyedblue » December 24th, 2018, 9:20 pm

He retired...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Intermeddler
Posts: 1621
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Intermeddler » December 25th, 2018, 5:34 pm

I’ve heard Mike Favero will be involved in some capacity as an offensive consultant or advisor. Not part of the coaching staff but an admin type job.

Not sure if it’s something that will ever be announced or made official but he’ll be involved a little from what I’ve been told.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2364
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 252 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 25th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Anyone know if Keegan will be coming in some role?


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggie84025
Posts: 593
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 28th, 2018, 8:59 am

Any word on the OC and the other assistants being hired? I should be more patient, but I struggle with it. I am already excited for spring ball and to see how the offense develops with everyone that left. I think the defense could be really good as long as a few kids step up.



Sl7vk
Posts: 209
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Sl7vk » December 28th, 2018, 9:20 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 8:59 am
Any word on the OC and the other assistants being hired? I should be more patient, but I struggle with it. I am already excited for spring ball and to see how the offense develops with everyone that left. I think the defense could be really good as long as a few kids step up.
I don't think waiting 2 weeks since Sanford was rumored to be coming to USU and having an official announcement is impatient!



Winkie
Posts: 9
Joined: October 6th, 2017, 4:41 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Winkie » December 29th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 9:20 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 8:59 am
Any word on the OC and the other assistants being hired? I should be more patient, but I struggle with it. I am already excited for spring ball and to see how the offense develops with everyone that left. I think the defense could be really good as long as a few kids step up.
I don't think waiting 2 weeks since Sanford was rumored to be coming to USU and having an official announcement is impatient!
Is there any word, even, of progress? The word that Sanford, Jr. was coming was great (since his being relieved as HC at W. Ky.). But, still no announcement; no indication on the official website. Is there contract issues? severance issues from WKU? maybe he is entertaining other offers? is there desire to make a "bigger" splash with the announcement after bowl season? All kinds of reasons I can conjure up in my mind. What's the story, here?



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2364
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 252 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Y'all need to worry less about Sanford and more about literally anything else you can actually control. The man's Twitter feed is basically an Aggie fan account at this point, and his wife's Twitter account has her location as Logan, UT. Any coach that was weighing other options or had stopped considering USU would not be behaving in the way that MSJ is behaving.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Sl7vk
Posts: 209
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Sl7vk » December 30th, 2018, 9:12 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm
Y'all need to worry less about Sanford and more about literally anything else you can actually control. The man's Twitter feed is basically an Aggie fan account at this point, and his wife's Twitter account has her location as Logan, UT. Any coach that was weighing other options or had stopped considering USU would not be behaving in the way that MSJ is behaving.
So I'd love to hear the things that we should be talking about on this forum that are in our control? If you think much of anything is in our control, you're really kidding yourself.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2364
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 252 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 30th, 2018, 11:48 am

Sl7vk wrote:
December 30th, 2018, 9:12 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 10:48 pm
Y'all need to worry less about Sanford and more about literally anything else you can actually control. The man's Twitter feed is basically an Aggie fan account at this point, and his wife's Twitter account has her location as Logan, UT. Any coach that was weighing other options or had stopped considering USU would not be behaving in the way that MSJ is behaving.
So I'd love to hear the things that we should be talking about on this forum that are in our control? If you think much of anything is in our control, you're really kidding yourself.
No problem talking about anything here, but to worry yourself about a coach that is almost certainly wrapping up some small details (especially when there has been no rumor to the contrary) is just a level of self-hate I can’t abide.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
Zaggie07
Posts: 863
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:28 pm
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Zaggie07 » December 31st, 2018, 10:30 am



Everybody can relax now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk




aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7024
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1553 times
Been liked: 767 times
Contact:

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2018, 10:39 am

Zaggie07 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:30 am


Everybody can relax now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Now's the time to get excited! Say hello to reopening the Florida pipeline.



Donman
Posts: 2479
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Donman » December 31st, 2018, 10:56 am

Zaggie07 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:30 am


Everybody can relax now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Our month-long nightmare is now over. We can sleep tonight :)

Thanks for sharing, great hire.



Aggie84025
Posts: 593
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 84 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Aggie84025 » December 31st, 2018, 11:16 am

Looking at his resume it is really strong. He seems like he will be a good recruiter and has good experience as an offensive coordinator. I would guess if he has success here he will be here for 1-2 seasons, but as long as he has success here I am fine with that. Great hire. My biggest concern with GA was if we was going to be able to bring in good coaches. So far he seems to have hired a great group.



User avatar
BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Posts: 7846
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 167 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by BigBlueDart » December 31st, 2018, 11:34 am

Zaggie07 wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 10:30 am


Everybody can relax now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wow! I did not see this coming!



User avatar
AggiesForever
2015 Kickoff Pick'em Champion
Posts: 1814
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by AggiesForever » December 31st, 2018, 11:36 am

I would guess the cornerbacks coach will be named tomorrow . . . after Utah's bowl game tonight!



BustaMcNutt
Posts: 224
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by BustaMcNutt » December 31st, 2018, 12:13 pm

Brandon Burton?



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2271
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Kearney, NE
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 31st, 2018, 12:59 pm

Has Ena been helping with Utah's bowl game prep?


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Sl7vk
Posts: 209
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by Sl7vk » December 31st, 2018, 1:27 pm

Love the Sanford pickup. Really takes the sting out of losing Yost. It literally took me a second to remember Yost's name.....



aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Posts: 7024
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has liked: 1553 times
Been liked: 767 times
Contact:

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by aggies22 » December 31st, 2018, 2:19 pm

BustaMcNutt wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 12:13 pm
Brandon Burton?
I would be leery of bringing up two grad assistants to coach the secondary. I hope we come up with somebody a little more experienced.



ericsil7
Posts: 185
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 11:26 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Gary's assistants?

Post by ericsil7 » December 31st, 2018, 6:27 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
December 31st, 2018, 11:36 am
I would guess the cornerbacks coach will be named tomorrow . . . after Utah's bowl game tonight!
Sweet it's Morgan Scalley isn't it



Locked Previous topicNext topic