Taylor needs to sit

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USUBlue
13=13

Re: Taylor needs to sit

Post by USUBlue » January 6th, 2019, 10:55 pm

Come on aggieup, put up or shut up. I stand by every statement I've made; nothing harsh just real.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 6th, 2019, 11:16 pm

USUBlue wrote:
January 6th, 2019, 10:55 pm
Come on aggieup, put up or shut up. I stand by every statement I've made; nothing harsh just real.
Just for everyone's info, aggieup is a family friend of Quinn's. So just to repeat my "harsh" comments (ha ha if these are harsh look out for the real world): Quinn is one of the top 5 players on this year's team; he is an average and streaky player, he is not athletic by BBall terms but plays hard and smart. Wow those are some "harsh" comments, but if I get anymore crap from aggieup, it's going to be escalated.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » January 7th, 2019, 2:56 am

In 5 years when they’re done playing- maybe after some years in Asia or Australia- they’ll be at work and their boss won’t praise them every time they do something right. They’ll once in awhile point out good work, but a screw up will be pointed out every single time.

I’m not for being overly harsh on kids who try their best, but it comes with the territory. They really shouldn’t care what a bunch of guys who are on this board think.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 3:09 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 2:56 am
In 5 years when they’re done playing- maybe after some years in Asia or Australia- they’ll be at work and their boss won’t praise them every time they do something right. They’ll once in awhile point out good work, but a screw up will be pointed out every single time.

I’m not for being overly harsh on kids who try their best, but it comes with the territory. They really shouldn’t care what a bunch of guys who are on this board think.
I’m going to be meeting with the A.D. on an athletic policy against Players and their families being on fan message boards. If they want self-promotion, they can get a Twitter account and everybody who wants to kiss their butt can follow them. But for the rest of us we should be able to talk about the games without worry that we’re too harsh if we say Quinn had a bad defensive game. If Quinn or his family want to self promote about how great a player he is, they can put it all on their own Twitter accounts and the Rah Rah crowd can follow them.

Quinn’s family won’t be on this board after he leaves this year, and I doubt they’ll make a penny of contributions to Aggies Unlimited after he leaves.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 7th, 2019, 5:57 am

Aggieup15, I've watched your posts on here with intrigue. You came in here firing. It's clear you may have some connection with Quinn Taylor, so maybe it isn't the best place for you to be in here. It can be a really great place if you can handle reading fans' opinions.

It's a message board. Giving opinions (positive and negative) is what we do. Players playing a Div. 1 sport are going to be critiqued. I'm sorry if some can't handle that. It comes with the territory.

I've been reading USUblue's posts for years now and feel like I understand him a little bit. He's a very loyal and passionate USU fan and only wants USU to succeed. A lot of people don't see eye to eye with his opinions or like the the way he does things, but he's a big USU fan who calls it like he sees it and likes to sometimes pick fights on here. Quite frankly in retrospect though he's been spot on about the bball program the past 5 years or so.

Quinn Taylor is a nice player who will be missed next season and he is absolutely worthy of a scholarship and has worked hard. People's opinion though is that if a player who originally didn't have the raw talent to earn a scholarship and had to walk on becomes one of the team's key players, the team's talent level isn't where it needs to be. Maybe that's true about Quinn, and maybe it's not. In most cases that scenario will be true of a walk on, however.

I hope you continue to stay around here and post. I appreciate your insights.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 7th, 2019, 8:16 am

I don’t have a hard time with negativity generally, but I’m a little perplexed with the negativity about this year’s basketball team. The fact is, Stew’s farewell tour and Duryea set us back a bit. Because of that, we do have walk-on quality talent getting significant minutes at numerous positions. I personally don’t put Taylor in that category, but can understand why some would have that opinion.

Look, we’ve already won more games than I thought we would in the entire season. The team plays hard, plays good defense, rebounds well, and actually runs an offense. This is more than I can say about any other USU team since around 2010.

Are we going to the NCAAs? Probably not
(especially if JK3 is done). But it’s still fun to talk about. Are we going to the NIT? Pretty good shot, I think.

I guess all I’m saying is can’t we just enjoy the overachieving season right now and leave the doom and gloom for another day?

aggieup15
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggieup15 » January 7th, 2019, 9:25 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:Aggieup15, I've watched your posts on here with intrigue. You came in here firing. It's clear you may have some connection with Quinn Taylor, so maybe it isn't the best place for you to be in here. It can be a really great place if you can handle reading fans' opinions.

It's a message board. Giving opinions (positive and negative) is what we do. Players playing a Div. 1 sport are going to be critiqued. I'm sorry if some can't handle that. It comes with the territory.

I've been reading USUblue's posts for years now and feel like I understand him a little bit. He's a very loyal and passionate USU fan and only wants USU to succeed. A lot of people don't see eye to eye with his opinions or like the the way he does things, but he's a big USU fan who calls it like he sees it and likes to sometimes pick fights on here. Quite frankly in retrospect though he's been spot on about the bball program the past 5 years or so.

Quinn Taylor is a nice player who will be missed next season and he is absolutely worthy of a scholarship and has worked hard. People's opinion though is that if a player who originally didn't have the raw talent to earn a scholarship and had to walk on becomes one of the team's key players, the team's talent level isn't where it needs to be. Maybe that's true about Quinn, and maybe it's not. In most cases that scenario will be true of a walk on, however.

Just like anyone else on here who gives their opinions, I am more than fine to share my insights and feedback and correct people with my very own opinion. Like USUBlue, I know of their family, but I am not his family, just a family friend. I don’t know why that’s bad since USUBlue also said he knew them? Just like anyone else can, Like you said, clearly USUBlue likes to pick fights, that’s on him not me. I will still voice my opinion because this is a fan forum and I can.

I understand what you’re saying, you’ve made some valid points and I appreciate your feedback. I will gladly stay around and continue to see these Aggies through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » January 7th, 2019, 9:57 am

We've got some thin skinned people on this board. All opinions should be shared. Why would the AD want to entertain the idea of censorship on anonymous fan boards?

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 10:38 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 5:57 am
Aggieup15, I've watched your posts on here with intrigue. You came in here firing. It's clear you may have some connection with Quinn Taylor, so maybe it isn't the best place for you to be in here. It can be a really great place if you can handle reading fans' opinions.

Anybody with a handle "Roy McAvoy" is a favorite of mine.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 10:40 am

sockpuppet wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 9:57 am
We've got some thin skinned people on this board. All opinions should be shared. Why would the AD want to entertain the idea of censorship on anonymous fan boards?
Because it's no more censorship than limiting players and families twitter use or interviews. There are still team rules.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 10:46 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:16 am
I don’t have a hard time with negativity generally, but I’m a little perplexed with the negativity about this year’s basketball team. The fact is, Stew’s farewell tour and Duryea set us back a bit. Because of that, we do have walk-on quality talent getting significant minutes at numerous positions. I personally don’t put Taylor in that category, but can understand why some would have that opinion.

Look, we’ve already won more games than I thought we would in the entire season. The team plays hard, plays good defense, rebounds well, and actually runs an offense. This is more than I can say about any other USU team since around 2010.

Are we going to the NCAAs? Probably not
(especially if JK3 is done). But it’s still fun to talk about. Are we going to the NIT? Pretty good shot, I think.

I guess all I’m saying is can’t we just enjoy the overachieving season right now and leave the doom and gloom for another day?
So am I; I think this team has overperformed. And I agree, they play hard, play good defense, rebound, and run good offense, including sets from time to time. Only problem, many of our scholarship guys are worse than our walkons -- not good. We will not be going to the NCAA without winning the conference tournament. As for the NIT, it's very political and run by the same P6 types of people. Even with 23 wins, the NIT is still a tough get.

pharquar

Post by pharquar » January 7th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Man, this thread has gotten quite ridiculous. Some of you guys need to grow up. Incessantly picking fights on anonymous message boards about the success of a couple of walk-ons? Promising to count and comment on every mistake that these walk-ons make for the rest of the season? Come on.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 2:19 pm

pharquar wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Man, this thread has gotten quite ridiculous. Some of you guys need to grow up. Incessantly picking fights on anonymous message boards about the success of a couple of walk-ons? Promising to count and comment on every mistake that these walk-ons make for the rest of the season? Come on.
I was encouraged to do so; you know me, I'll stand for what I believe. In this case, the right to talk about the good and bad. I will keep a public counter to make sure that the good and bad are equal. Initially the focus will be on Quinn as requested. That wouldn't have been my choice since I think he's a solid player, not much upside, not much downside But since I've been asked, I will focus on him.

My next choice will be whatever family member or family friend requests that I focus on their player.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » January 7th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Oh my gawd. I will never get that time back. It's like watching a pissing match in a wind tunnel. Somewhat sad, and the participants come out covered in their own piss.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

aggieup15

Post by aggieup15 » January 7th, 2019, 2:58 pm

ChicAggie wrote:Oh my gawd. I will never get that time back. It's like watching a pissing match in a wind tunnel. Somewhat sad, and the participants come out covered in their own piss.
Haha I think you are truly and genuinely my favorite, I love your comments, you’re funny and entertaining.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » January 7th, 2019, 4:17 pm

While I don’t think it’s a good idea for players or their family to post on message boards, where do you draw the line on a “family friend”? Regardless, how does any one of these individuals posting limit anyone else’s ability to post or to be candid? I see no interest on the AD’s part in wanting to get into that can of worms. If I were him I’d say, “Hey, if it bothers you so much that a family friend of a player posts something on an anonymous message board, don’t visit that board!”

aggieup15

Post by aggieup15 » January 7th, 2019, 4:41 pm

utaggies wrote:While I don’t think it’s a good idea for players or their family to post on message boards, where do you draw the line on a “family friend”? Regardless, how does any one of these individuals posting limit anyone else’s ability to post or to be candid? I see no interest on the AD’s part in wanting to get into that can of worms. If I were him I’d say, “Hey, if it bothers you so much that a family friend of a player posts something on an anonymous message board, don’t visit that board!”
I’m confused because I don’t think anyone’s family is on here reporting, but USUBlue already stated he was a family friend and know players personally, so then him talking to the AD would only jeopardize himself. Regardless, he can do whatever he wants, but yes it is weird those are the steps he would want to take.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » January 7th, 2019, 5:26 pm

aggieup15 wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 4:41 pm
utaggies wrote:While I don’t think it’s a good idea for players or their family to post on message boards, where do you draw the line on a “family friend”? Regardless, how does any one of these individuals posting limit anyone else’s ability to post or to be candid? I see no interest on the AD’s part in wanting to get into that can of worms. If I were him I’d say, “Hey, if it bothers you so much that a family friend of a player posts something on an anonymous message board, don’t visit that board!”
I’m confused because I don’t think anyone’s family is on here reporting, but USUBlue already stated he was a family friend and know players personally, so then him talking to the AD would only jeopardize himself. Regardless, he can do whatever he wants, but yes it is weird those are the steps he would want to take.

Never stated I was a family friend; I know a few of the family members.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm

USUBlue wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 10:38 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 5:57 am

Anybody with a handle "Roy McAvoy" is a favorite of mine.
That movie is funny as hell!!

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 30th, 2019, 8:42 pm

Welp
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » January 30th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Taylor had a good game but that was a really bad team we played there. Our end of the bench true walkon from a try out even scored against SJSU.

I will say that I love Taylor's hustle and he is a starter caliber guy.

pablohoney

Post by pablohoney » January 30th, 2019, 9:08 pm

sam tingey wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 9:01 pm
Taylor had a good game but that was a really bad team we played there. Our end of the bench true walkon from a try out even scored against SJSU.

Taylor nearly had a triple double tonight. Not easy to do in a college game no matter the opponent.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » January 30th, 2019, 10:05 pm

pablohoney wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 9:08 pm
sam tingey wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Taylor nearly had a triple double tonight. Not easy to do in a college game no matter the opponent.
Agreed, Taylor is a Stud! 9 assists! Wow, kid is a great player, it is very apparent why Smith likes him so much. I am sure many on the page are happy to eat some humble pie tonight. Thanks Quinn Taylor!!!

#hornsup!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 30th, 2019, 10:38 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Welp
Taylor has played better as of late but this game didn’t break open until Bean came in, if we want to play this pissing match the rest of the year.

Locked Previous topicNext topic