TK?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usubullzone

TK?

Post by usubullzone » January 8th, 2019, 8:09 am

Okay so we need a new PG ASAP so why don't we just have TK play he is a good player that could make it so that we are not short at the PG spot

usu99

Re: TK?

Post by usu99 » January 8th, 2019, 8:22 am

Because he is not that good....

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

usubullzone

Post by usubullzone » January 8th, 2019, 8:28 am

usu99 wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 8:22 am
he doesn't seem good to some cause he never plays

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » January 8th, 2019, 10:39 am

usubullzone wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 8:28 am
usu99 wrote:
he doesn't seem good to some cause when he has played he has been horrible
Fixed it for you ^^
out of control. turn-over machine. can't finish at the rim unless its a wide-open dunk. poor shot selection. hero ball.
maybe i'm being too harsh?
athletic as hell, though. IF he's willing and coachable, our staff will pull him out of it.
i hope he sticks with it and becomes an awesome player for us in a year or two. the sooner the better...

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » January 8th, 2019, 11:31 am

ShowMeAggie wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 10:39 am
usubullzone wrote:
usu99 wrote:
Fixed it for you ^^
out of control. turn-over machine. can't finish at the rim unless its a wide-open dunk. poor shot selection. hero ball.
athletic as hell, though. IF he's willing and coachable, our staff will pull him out of it.
i hope he sticks with it and becomes an awesome player for us in a year or two. the sooner the better...
Surely you are thinking of the wrong Knight.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 8th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 11:31 am
ShowMeAggie wrote:
usubullzone wrote:
usu99 wrote:
Fixed it for you ^^
Surely you are thinking of the wrong Knight.
I don't think he is that bad...he hasn't been given many minutes or opportunities to prove himself. Also, I think if anything he should shoot more. His stats over the course of the season don't show much because he usually plays less than 10 minutes. His best games were the games he played over 10 minutes. Also, he is averaging more points than Crew, who plays more minutes.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... awn-knight

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » January 8th, 2019, 4:47 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
usubullzone wrote:
usu99 wrote:
Fixed it for you ^^
I decided I needed to look into it a bit more, and apparently I have been too harsh on TK...
  • TK is only the 8th worst on the team in TOV% - slightly worse than JKIII and QTaylor, but better than Brown, AINGE, Queta, Brito and PORTER
  • he is 5th on the team in STL% (well ahead of both Ainge and Porter) and
  • 2nd on the team (!!) in AST% (better than, well, everyone but Sam!)
  • His PER is 15.8...good for 6th place on the team, but yet again well ahead of Ainge and Porter
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/sc ... l_advanced

He definitely has his warts, but maybe it's just that they've shown up at really inopportune times (or when I happen to be watching?).

Maybe TK does need some more time on the court? Ainge and Porter CAN'T BE the long-term answer at PG, can they? Why are they playing over him, then? Maybe he doesn't practice well?

Interesting question of whether we should play an inexperienced but athletic young man that might cost us a few wins now in order to see what we've got for the future? or should we stick with the 'safe' walk-on caliber players that might save us a few wins now but aren't (shouldn't be?) in the long-term plans?

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 8th, 2019, 4:54 pm

I see in TK a true freshman, living away from home, trying to figure out a game that is a lot faster than it was when he was a big fish in a small pond. It doesn't always click right away for each young player. I see flashes of really good things from him. He's quick, gets to the hoop, all that. He has a lot of work to do, but if he stays with it, he can do well.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » January 8th, 2019, 5:54 pm

newhouse9 wrote:
January 8th, 2019, 4:54 pm
I see in TK a true freshman, living away from home, trying to figure out a game that is a lot faster than it was when he was a big fish in a small pond. It doesn't always click right away for each young player. I see flashes of really good things from him. He's quick, gets to the hoop, all that. He has a lot of work to do, but if he stays with it, he can do well.
He's very good at getting to the hoop, and will get confidence to finish with PT. I hope we can develop him more cause he's got a high ceiling.

Locked Previous topicNext topic