Locker room makeover

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeorgiaAggie

Locker room makeover

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 9th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Kids love this stuff...

travelingagg

Re: Locker room makeover

Post by travelingagg » January 9th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Love to see the interaction with Coach Andersen. Looks like he's connecting with the players. A players' coach.

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

BustaMcNutt

Post by BustaMcNutt » January 9th, 2019, 6:59 pm

I'm guessing the upgrade was Gary's idea. Selling these kids on USU being big time football just like he did last time.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » January 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Why oh why does the kid have succchhh baddance moves??? Blahhhh

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » January 9th, 2019, 11:26 pm

Can they not replace the plaques with the old logo? Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LKGates

Post by LKGates » January 10th, 2019, 12:30 am

taniataylor wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Why oh why does the kid have succchhh baddance moves??? Blahhhh
You're talking to the wrong crowd. He's got better moves than any of us.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » January 10th, 2019, 12:41 am

BustaMcNutt wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 6:59 pm
I'm guessing the upgrade was Gary's idea. Selling these kids on USU being big time football just like he did last time.
Sounds like you’re right (or at least a very big part of it)...

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » January 10th, 2019, 8:00 am

Love It!!! This get's me fired up for football again. Especially seeing the looks on the players faces. I don't know Tania, but his moves look pretty legit!

GA_Aggie

Post by GA_Aggie » January 10th, 2019, 8:55 am

Love it!!! This is big with recruits.

garyismyhomeboy
Has thanked: 0

Post by garyismyhomeboy » January 10th, 2019, 9:10 am

usufan1 wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 11:26 pm
Can they not replace the plaques with the old logo? Image

Looks like a fundraising recognition. Easy change.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 10th, 2019, 10:22 am

usufan1 wrote:Can they not replace the plaques with the old logo? Image

That’s gotta be the worst logo in the history of college athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gomretat

Post by gomretat » January 10th, 2019, 10:29 am

2004AG wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 10:22 am
usufan1 wrote:Can they not replace the plaques with the old logo? Image

That’s gotta be the worst logo in the history of college athletics.

100 x better than the Cougar in the sailor hat
These users thanked the author gomretat for the post:
AggiesForever

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 10th, 2019, 11:10 am

Man, I thought we were looking at the locker room reveal from 10 years ago....I hate to be the Debbie Downer on this one but our locker rooms are sad (even with the refresh) compared to P5 and the best G5 schools these days. Take a look at BSU's and tell me ours doesn't look hokey.

I was hoping they would be gutted and redone completely but I think the space is always going to be the limiting factor of truly doing it right.

All that said, hopefully the players are happy for what we do have and kudos to the staff that helped make improvements happen.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 10th, 2019, 1:57 pm

I think it looks good.... maybe I have low standards...

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » January 10th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 11:10 am
Man, I thought we were looking at the locker room reveal from 10 years ago....I hate to be the Debbie Downer on this one but our locker rooms are sad (even with the refresh) compared to P5 and the best G5 schools these days. Take a look at BSU's and tell me ours doesn't look hokey.

I was hoping they would be gutted and redone completely but I think the space is always going to be the limiting factor of truly doing it right.

All that said, hopefully the players are happy for what we do have and kudos to the staff that helped make improvements happen.
IMO the amount of money P5 schools spend on this kind of thing is obscene and the amenities they have are quite frankly WAY over the top compared to what other students at the university have access to.

Still, I’m okay with trying to keep up, within reason, because otherwise we won’t be able to compete for recruits. I’m sure this won’t be the last upgrade they do

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 10th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Many of those updates were made over the last few years, and aren't new this year. In fact, I volunteered to help install the blue leather cushioned U-State logo seats on the lockers that were graciously donated by a member of this board. Must've been two offseasons ago. The newest things appear to be that wall in the middle with the tv's, couches and gaming system.

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » January 10th, 2019, 8:03 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
BustaMcNutt wrote:

If I remember correctly, Gary donated the money for the last locker room makeover while he was at Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » January 10th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Aglicious wrote:Man, I thought we were looking at the locker room reveal from 10 years ago....I hate to be the Debbie Downer on this one but our locker rooms are sad (even with the refresh) compared to P5 and the best G5 schools these days. Take a look at BSU's and tell me ours doesn't look hokey.

I agree. It’s nicer than it was 10 years ago but still not great. I think they need to take over the visitors locker room space and make the visitors change on their bus.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » January 11th, 2019, 4:01 am

I am curious how the facility is holding up overall. It is now 11 years old, and many universities have built new facilities in that time. If I remember correctly, back when it opened it was described as "being nice and functional, but not opulent". Seeing what other schools have built since then, is it still considered "nice and functional", or is it now falling behind what peer institutions have?

dogie

Post by dogie » January 11th, 2019, 8:22 am

Our players aren’t as excited or appreciative of nice new stuff as the Ohio Bobcats, or at least they are more subdued. There wasn’t even a fist or chest bump in response to the upgrade.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 11th, 2019, 9:48 am

Where our black jersey's at tho?

CW51

Post by CW51 » January 11th, 2019, 4:54 pm

donlarson8 wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 8:03 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
BustaMcNutt wrote:

If I remember correctly, Gary donated the money for the last locker room makeover while he was at Wisconsin.

I think you are right! I dont know if anyone knows or not but the Locker Room is named after Gary

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » January 11th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 11:10 am

I’m with you. Happy to see the improvements but they still look so outdated and sub-par. The “new” locker room updates still make the place look like what I’d imagine BSU’s visitor locker room looks like. For those that don’t know what I mean- google BSU’s locker room and you’ll start to understand. Then again, I know we don’t bring in the same kind of revenue...

I recognize that any and all improvements are welcome. As long as our $hit looks nicer than WYO, NM, AF, HI, NV, SJ, and LV- I’m cool.

CSU, BSU, Fresno, and SDSU should be the only teams that have nicer facilities than us IMO.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 12th, 2019, 6:49 am

You should check out UNLV’s new facilities. They will be the best in the MW hands down. I believe they will be ready by next season. To top it off, in a couple of years they will be playing in a new NFL stadium.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » January 12th, 2019, 10:30 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 6:49 am
You should check out UNLV’s new facilities. They will be the best in the MW hands down. I believe they will be ready by next season. To top it off, in a couple of years they will be playing in a new NFL stadium.
Wow, you weren’t kidding. I didn’t even know they had plans to upgrade. Just googled it and saw the renderings for the new football complex and it’s beautiful!

IdaAg93

Locker room makeover

Post by IdaAg93 » January 12th, 2019, 10:58 pm

dogie wrote:Our players aren’t as excited or appreciative of nice new stuff as the Ohio Bobcats, or at least they are more subdued. There wasn’t even a fist or chest bump in response to the upgrade.

That’s because the changes aren’t that significant. We already have black jerseys too.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 13th, 2019, 7:50 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 10:58 pm
dogie wrote:Our players aren’t as excited or appreciative of nice new stuff as the Ohio Bobcats, or at least they are more subdued. There wasn’t even a fist or chest bump in response to the upgrade.

That’s because the changes aren’t that significant. We already have black jerseys too.

In football?!?

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » January 13th, 2019, 9:56 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
Long Beach State and Fullerton State both played in an NFL stadium. Neither one have football any more.

The moral of the story: If you can't win, it doesn't matter where you play.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 13th, 2019, 10:25 pm

UNLV financial resources are in a different planet compared with LB and Fullerton St. The people donating the money for the football facility are the brothers who recently sold the UFC for BILLIONS! They donate a lot to UNLV. Also, when I played against LB and Fullerton in the late 80’s early 90’s, I can assure you that it wasn’t in an NFL stadium. In fact it was at their local JC stadiums. It made 3000 fans seem cozy.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 13th, 2019, 10:31 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:56 pm
GeorgiaAggie wrote:
Long Beach State and Fullerton State both played in an NFL stadium. Neither one have football any more.

UNLV financial resources are in a different planet compared with LB and Fullerton St. The people donating the money for the football facility are the brothers who recently sold the UFC for BILLIONS! They donate a lot to UNLV. Also, when I played against LB and Fullerton in the late 80’s early 90’s, I can assure you that it wasn’t in an NFL stadium. In fact it was at their local JC stadiums. It made 3000 fans seem cozy.

KissMyAg
Been thanked: 0

Post by KissMyAg » January 19th, 2019, 8:33 am

Anyone know how big the locker room is? Square feet? If we moved the players lounge area out would it open it up enough to be considered roomy?

wacfan08

Post by wacfan08 » January 19th, 2019, 11:25 am

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 10:31 pm
AggiesForever wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:56 pm
GeorgiaAggie wrote:

Seems like Long Beach played in a community stadium with some high schools and long beach city CC.
Fullerton played on campus but only about 10k

The biggest was Pacific.. They played at the old Stagg Stadium. Which was bigger than Maverick IIRC

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 19th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Our new strength facility, the new basketball facility, and the stadium upgrades are awesome. I imagine CSU and Boise have far and away the best facilities, but I gotta think we’re top half in the Mountain West, right?

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » January 19th, 2019, 10:50 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Our new strength facility, the new basketball facility, and the stadium upgrades are awesome. I imagine CSU and Boise have far and away the best facilities, but I gotta think we’re top half in the Mountain West, right?
Wyoming has a really nice new football facility. UNLV and San Diego are getting new stadiums and the rebels are getting a football facility as well. Pretty sure our facilities are better than SJSU, Hawaii, UNR, New Mexico. Don’t really know about Fresno or Air Force. Also, Boise might have a nice practice facility and football center, but they still have to play in that abomination of a stadium.

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » January 22nd, 2019, 6:38 pm

Those old plaques were fund raising about 10 years ago I think
They cost.$1000 at the time
Several of us bought one or more and they do look like they need a face lift now
Who would have thought we could have come so far so fast
I remember the dark days and shudder to think of going back

Roll Aggies!!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic