One Shooter away

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie

One Shooter away

Post by hickaggie » January 10th, 2019, 12:02 pm

As cobbled together as this roster is with no point guard its amazing how well they compete. But you can't let the road team shoot hit 15/31 threes and go 6/20 and expect to win. Merrill gets way to much defensive attention and if Miller or someone else on the wing could develop into a consistent 3 point threat the Aggies would be tough for anyone to beat.

Even the Nevada game the Aggies missed a ton of wide open looks. Had they even made 4-5 of them that game would have gone to the wire.

The other thing they need to drill in their minds is feed Queta. Please. When he flashes open in the paint it needs to be automatic. Too many guys hesitated on the entry pass, particularly when he was being fronted. I love seeing his confidence develop and the aggressive explosion on his moves.

flying_scotsman2.0

Re: One Shooter away

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 10th, 2019, 3:41 pm

hickaggie wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 12:02 pm
As cobbled together as this roster is with no point guard its amazing how well they compete. But you can't let the road team shoot hit 15/31 threes and go 6/20 and expect to win. Merrill gets way to much defensive attention and if Miller or someone else on the wing could develop into a consistent 3 point threat the Aggies would be tough for anyone to beat.

Even the Nevada game the Aggies missed a ton of wide open looks. Had they even made 4-5 of them that game would have gone to the wire.

The other thing they need to drill in their minds is feed Queta. Please. When he flashes open in the paint it needs to be automatic. Too many guys hesitated on the entry pass, particularly when he was being fronted. I love seeing his confidence develop and the aggressive explosion on his moves.
I honestly don't know why we've gone this long with Ainge starting over Porter. Porter needs to be taking most the minutes at point. He's our best option. He is also more of a threat shooting the ball.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » January 10th, 2019, 3:53 pm

I die a little inside everytime Ainge takes a shot.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » January 10th, 2019, 4:39 pm

newhouse9 wrote:I die a little inside everytime Ainge takes a shot.
Well, I don't think air balled any this last game. Still, I see a wasted possession with every shot he takes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Locked Previous topicNext topic