Early Football record predictions

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BobWilson

Early Football record predictions

Post by BobWilson » February 4th, 2019, 10:31 pm

6-6 with just as good a team as last year.

TrueBlueFan

Re: Early Football record predictions

Post by TrueBlueFan » February 4th, 2019, 10:34 pm

My way too early guess is 10-2 with losses to SDSU and LSU....but that will probably change after watching spring camp and summer camp.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » February 4th, 2019, 10:57 pm

I think I might need to prepare myself to be okay with 6-6 if it happens this season. I'm going to guess 7-5, though. I'll hope for 8-9 wins, and I'll dream of 10+.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » February 5th, 2019, 1:18 am

I’ll go with 8-4. Anything better than that and I’ll be very pleased.

Losses to LSU, Fresno, SDSU, and one of Boise, BYU, or Wake.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 5th, 2019, 1:47 am

Intermeddler wrote:I’ll go with 8-4. Anything better than that and I’ll be very pleased.

Losses to LSU, Fresno, SDSU, and one of Boise, BYU, or Wake.
I'm saying 8-4 as well but losses to Boise and LSU followed by two of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
Intermeddler

LKGates

Post by LKGates » February 5th, 2019, 2:39 am

Go big, or go home.

I'm calling 11-1 regular season; the only loss being by less than two touchdowns at LSU.
Win in the conference championship game vs Fresno State, beating them for the second time in the season.
Narrow (less than two touchdown) loss in a NY6 bowl as the G5 representative.
Final record 12-2.

I am not being facetious. I have a very good feeling about this coming year.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 3):
USU78donlarson8newtonianblue

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 5th, 2019, 7:54 am

I'm going to set my bar at 8-4 at this point. I don't know how the coaching change will affect our chemistry or scheme. I play the tougher half of the West Division also.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » February 5th, 2019, 8:17 am

Seems how it's so early I'm going to take this approach.

12-0 dream season baby!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » February 5th, 2019, 8:21 am

8-4 with losses to LSU, Boise St., BYU-Provo and SDSU.

Go Aggies!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 5th, 2019, 8:31 am

San Diego State returns most of their offense. They do lose a senior QB, a WR and an OL. They lose 5 starters on defense. This is from a team that went 7-6 and often played down to their opponent and closed 2018 on a 4 game losing streak. I'll wait until after spring ball to pass judgement but right now San Diego State doesn't concern me too much.

Fresno State loses a good starting QB, 5 of the top 6 WRs, 4 of 5 starting OL on offense. They do only lose 3 starters on defense. In regards to the OL, one could make the same argument against us. The difference is, we slaughtered people and our 2nd and 3rd team guys got plenty of meaningful in-game snaps in just over half our games. Fresno did not have that luxury because they didn't blow people out of the water. I don't think they have a QB in the pipeline anywhere near as good as McMariyon. Lots of important parts need to be replaced, especially offensively for me to really be concerned with Fresno State right now either.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » February 5th, 2019, 8:32 am

Aggie19 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 8:21 am
You think we'll lose to byu-provo at HOME???? A year removed from us kicking the crap out of them in their house????

Would you mind telling me why? I would genuinely like to hear your reasoning behind that prediction.

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » February 5th, 2019, 8:38 am

Sure wins:
Wyoming - wyoming's offense will maybe improve a little, but our defense should be better which should be the difference here.
@Air Force - this is a game we should never lose.
@New Mexico - they get a bye right before playing us and Davie will be coaching his last game, but we should dominate them again.
Nevada - Stop Toa Taua and we win.
Stony Brook - get the kinks out before we go to San Diego.

Toss ups
BYU - some of you might not want to admit it but Zach Wilson is legit. I see us pulling out a close one.
@ Fresno State - I see Fresno taking a step back this year with the loss of Mcmarion. Their D agould be really good again. This will be a tough matchup.
@ San Diego State - they faded hard at the end of last season and we get them after a bye week, but for some reason SDSU owns us. I see us winning a close one.
Colorado State - last year's record was an aberration. They have a ton of talent and Bobo will be coaching for his job. I see us losing a close one.

Sure losses
@LSU - top ten team on the road. We probably get boat raced.
@Wake Forest - first game. New offensive line. New receivers. New OC. We lose by a few touchdowns.
Boise - they reload and will be playing great football.

Worst case
Wins against stony brook, nevada, new mexico. 3 - 9

Best Case
We beat Wake Forest and win all the Toss ups. 10 - 2

Most likely
We beat everyone we should
We split the toss ups
We lose the games we should lose
7-5

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Full

Post by Full » February 5th, 2019, 8:48 am

My guess is the over under will be 7.5. I think 8-4 would be a really good year and 6-6 would be acceptable. I think there might be a little bit of growing pains offensively, but the defense should be in great shape. My guess is 7-5.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » February 5th, 2019, 8:53 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 8:32 am
Aggie19 wrote:
You think we'll lose to byu-provo at HOME???? A year removed from us kicking the crap out of them in their house????

Would you mind telling me why? I would genuinely like to hear your reasoning behind that prediction.
I do. I think they will for a couple of reasons: 1) USU history - I'm not sure we're ready to step past BYU. Like it or not we have a little brother complex when it comes to BYU. On this very board the number of people that obsess over everything that happens on that other team is baffling. Why do we care? Two years in a row is great and I wish it was every year, but I just don't see it 3 in a row. I look at it like the signature P5 that we have yet to get, were building to it, but not there yet. 2) I think the coaching change is going to have a bigger impact than we think, there is going to be an adjustment period. Depending on what happens on offense it might take longer than expected. 3) Gary is 1-3 against byu. 4) gut feeling that this year is going to be frustrating because we don't get over the hump with beating a P5 power (LSU), overcoming losing to SDSU, getting the Boise monkey of our back and beating big brother consistently.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.

Go Aggies!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 5th, 2019, 9:10 am

Who had the most accurate prediction last year? I'm curious what they have to say. I was close at 10-3 I will admit :)

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 5th, 2019, 9:16 am

Aggie19 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 8:53 am
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

I do. I think they will for a couple of reasons: 1) USU history - I'm not sure we're ready to step past BYU. Like it or not we have a little brother complex when it comes to BYU. On this very board the number of people that obsess over everything that happens on that other team is baffling. Why do we care? Two years in a row is great and I wish it was every year, but I just don't see it 3 in a row. I look at it like the signature P5 that we have yet to get, were building to it, but not there yet. 2) I think the coaching change is going to have a bigger impact than we think, there is going to be an adjustment period. Depending on what happens on offense it might take longer than expected. 3) Gary is 1-3 against byu. 4) gut feeling that this year is going to be frustrating because we don't get over the hump with beating a P5 power (LSU), overcoming losing to SDSU, getting the Boise monkey of our back and beating big brother consistently.

This bruh drinking that Zack Wilson koolaid...

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » February 5th, 2019, 9:22 am

Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

I agree with the little brother syndrome. Unfortunately I think it trickles down to the players as well. I think we saw that with basketball this year. I do think football is breaking that mold a little bit. I don't see us beating LSU this year either but I'm not so sure the coaching change is going to require as much of an adjustment period as you are anticipating. Thank you for your response!

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » February 5th, 2019, 9:30 am

8-4

Wins: Wake Forest, Stony Brook, Nevada, Air Force, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

Either W/L Essentially Even: San Diego State, Colorado State (they'll be looking for revenge), BYU (they'll be better than last year, revenge and Wilson), and Fresno (2 of 4 on these games).

Losses: LSU (hopefully we don't lose anyone to injuries), Boise.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » February 5th, 2019, 9:41 am

Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

I do. I think they will for a couple of reasons: 1) USU history - I'm not sure we're ready to step past BYU. Like it or not we have a little brother complex when it comes to BYU. On this very board the number of people that obsess over everything that happens on that other team is baffling. Why do we care? Two years in a row is great and I wish it was every year, but I just don't see it 3 in a row. I look at it like the signature P5 that we have yet to get, were building to it, but not there yet.
I don't believe in this little brother complex mentality with byu. First of all, they're not a brother school, they're like the awkward neighbor down the street.

We're beating them on the field, putting just as many players in the NFL (if not more), and have a better program trajectory than they do. As much as the zoobs try to hold onto it, the little brother days are gone. The coaches know it, the players know it, and the fans will soon accept it.

As for this coming year it think we'll beat them. They have ZERO running back depth. If Lopini Katoa goes down they are screwed. Even with him, their run game will be a glaring weak spot in their offense. Zach Wilson showed promise last year, but he'll have a hard time running the offense if he doesn't have a run game. I think our defense will play lights out and hold them to 14 points or under. If that's the case, I like our offense's chances of scoring more than 14 on them. Especially with how little experience they have coming back with the LB's.

I'm much more worried for LSU, BSU, SDSU, WF, and Fresno State than I'm worried for byu.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » February 5th, 2019, 9:46 am

I think our offense will take a step back with the amount of key WR's and OL we lost, but I think Gary and Justin Ena can take our Defense to the next level.

I'm going with another 10-2 season, Finally beating Boise, then beating FSU in the MWC!

Loses are to LSU and FSU the first time.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » February 5th, 2019, 9:52 am

@Wake Forest - L, but could be a W. Depends on some people stepping up.
Stony Brook - W
@ SDSU - L, but this could be a W just as easily. Do they right the ship after last years lackluster season?
CSU - W
@LSU - L. Our annual a$$ kicking, though we have performed better in these games in the last decade.
Nevada - W
@ AF - W
BYU - W. The swing back continues.
@ Fresno State - W Fresno is losing their top skill people. We are keeping are key ones. USU wins.
Wyoming - W. Probably low scoring again, but not as low as this year.
BSU - W. Like Fresno State, they've lost all their top skill folks.
@ UNM - W

That's 9-3 with a possible 10-2. (if we beat either of San Diego State or Wake Forest).

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » February 5th, 2019, 9:58 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 9:16 am
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

No koolaid drinking over here, just an old Aggie that's seen some things.

Go Aggies!

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » February 5th, 2019, 10:03 am

AggiesForever wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 9:52 am
@Wake Forest - L, but could be a W. Depends on some people stepping up.
Stony Brook - W
@ SDSU - L
CSU - W
@LSU - L. Our annual a$$ kicking, though we have performed better in these games in the last decade.
Nevada - W
@ AF - W
BYU - W. The swing continues.
@ Fresno State - W Fresno is losing their top skill people. We are keeping are key ones. USU wins.
Wyoming - W. Probably low scoring again, but not as low as this year.
BSU - W. Like Fresno State, they've lost all their top skill folks.
@ UNM - W

That's 9-3 with a possible 10-2. (if we beat either of San Diego State or Wake Forest).
I could get on board with this year

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 5th, 2019, 10:04 am

Aggie19 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 9:58 am
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

I'm joking. Over the past few years my policy is to never predict a win over BYU. It makes my life a lot easier when we lose. If I was an outside bettor, my money would be on Utah State at this point in time, but in my mind I will always prepare for a loss.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » February 5th, 2019, 10:04 am

Aggie19 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

You heard it here first, Zach Wilson will have a sophomore slump.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 5th, 2019, 10:10 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 10:04 am
Aggie19 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

I was trying to tell my sister's BYU-fan boyfriend (Yeah, I know, it's a sensitive subject...) that the Wilson situation is earily similar to the Mangum situation a few years back. I told him BYU fans would hate him in a few years. Interested to see if my prediction holds true.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » February 5th, 2019, 10:16 am

Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

You're wrong, I got a $100 on it...WE ARE BEATING BYU this year.....#1 - We're at home, #2 I don't like them - at all, #3 We're better and more composed, their hate for us alone will be the reason they lose & #4 - because I said so....
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
Blue42bigblue

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » February 5th, 2019, 10:20 am

taniataylor wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 10:16 am
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

You're wrong, I got a $100 on it...WE ARE BEATING BYU this year.....#1 - We're at home, #2 I don't like them - at all, #3 We're better and more composed, their hate for us alone will be the reason they lose & #4 - because I said so....
I'm sold

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » February 5th, 2019, 10:28 am

Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

Trends don’t dictate who will win. Winning the last two games makes us MORE likely to beat BYU, not less. The alleged unlikelihood of 3 in a row doesn’t make their football team any better.
These users thanked the author trombone_ninja for the post:
thegreendalegelf

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » February 5th, 2019, 10:30 am

Im gonna go with 7-5 or 8-4. The program is improving and will show well but the schedule is tougher and we have to replace the O-line. I’m much more concerned about that than I am about the turnover in the coaching staff.

I believe we’ll get over the hump of beating a P5 and winning a conference championship in the next few years, just not next year.

Go Aggies!!!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 5th, 2019, 10:46 am

The bad news is we face BYU with them coming off a bye, which you could call being even from when they got us off a bye last year. The good news they don't have the track record of being that much better off a bye week, losing at home to Northern Illinois last year and us two years ago coming off byes, though that was a wash with us and Northern Illinois off byes as well.

We don't have to face Air Force off a bye like we had to two of the last three years. The only other teams we face off byes are New Mexico who we should still beat, and LSU who we aren't beating regardless.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » February 5th, 2019, 10:59 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

Zack Wilson's throwing arm is in a sling. He had surgery on his shoulder. Rumor is, he had a repair of a torn labrum. He'll miss spring ball. Not a career ender, but it will undoubtedly have an effect on his passing.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
USU78

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » February 5th, 2019, 11:03 am

8-4. Anything above that is gravy. I wouldn't be shocked by 10-2 or even 11-1.

We won't lose to byu. We beat them by 2 tds at least.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » February 5th, 2019, 11:38 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

BYU-Provo fans have hyped him far beyond his actual skill level. Him playing normally will be perceived as a sophomore slump and fans will call for him to be benched

Go Aggies!!!

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » February 5th, 2019, 11:44 am

trombone_ninja wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 11:38 am
AggieUprising50 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:

BYU-Provo fans have hyped him far beyond his actual skill level. Him playing normally will be perceived as a sophomore slump and fans will call for him to be benched
You hit the nail on the head

Locked Previous topicNext topic