What will the Aggie's final record be?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usubullzone

Post by usubullzone » February 6th, 2019, 8:49 am

I think that we have a good chance of winning out, except Nevada is going to be a hard one to win at home.
I think we will finish either 26-5 or 25-6. What do guys think we will finish at??

TrueAggieman

Re: What will the Aggie's final record be?

Post by TrueAggieman » February 6th, 2019, 8:52 am

I think we will lose at least one, whether that be Nevada, or just one of the road games. If I had to bet money, I’d say 24-7. I would be surprised if we didn’t get to 24 wins though, and also wouldn’t be shocked if we won out after last nights game.

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 6th, 2019, 8:53 am

I see us dropping one we shouldn't and the Nevada game. I'm a pessimist though.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » February 6th, 2019, 8:54 am

24-7, which is a remarkable season in general and especially considering where we thought we'd be this year. If we can get to the MWCT Final this would go down as a great season.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

SLB

Post by SLB » February 6th, 2019, 11:18 am

I predict that we get 10 more wins by the end of conference tournament is over.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 6th, 2019, 12:59 pm

We have 4 pretty tough games left. Suds and Boise may be down but they won't be easy on the road, specifically SDSU who has been very Jekyll and Hyde this year but has played well at home. Realistically we probably drop 2 more, if we can only lose 1 then we should be well positioned for an at large bid

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 6th, 2019, 1:16 pm

TeamRanking says the greatest probability is for us to go 24-7. I think that’s fair but I’m greedy for 25-6. A 14-4 conference record would be 3 wins better than our best finish in the MWC since joining.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 6th, 2019, 4:45 pm

NVAggie wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 8:53 am
I see us dropping one we shouldn't and the Nevada game. I'm a pessimist though.
I believe this team is too dialed in right now to give up a game we should win.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
BigVBAg

Turtle

Post by Turtle » February 6th, 2019, 5:50 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 12:59 pm
We have 4 pretty tough games left. Suds and Boise may be down but they won't be easy on the road, specifically SDSU who has been very Jekyll and Hyde this year but has played well at home. Realistically we probably drop 2 more, if we can only lose 1 then we should be well positioned for an at large bid
A blown opportunity to refer to them as "Suds and Spuds"
These users thanked the author Turtle for the post (total 2):
sam tingeybigblue

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 6th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Turtle wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 5:50 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 12:59 pm
A blown opportunity to refer to them as "Suds and Spuds"
Damn it

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm

33-6

Aggies win out, beating Nevada on the way.

Win 3 games in the conference tourney, again beating Nevada.

Aggies pull a #8/#9 seed game and pull out the victory against Baylor and go on to beat the #1 seed Gonzaga.

In the sweet 16 we play #5 seed Nevada who we beat again. We finally fall short in the Elite 8 to the #2 seed Marquette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 6th, 2019, 11:25 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 11:20 pm
33-6

Aggies pull a #8/#9 seed game and pull out the victory against Baylor and go on to beat the #1 seed Gonzaga.

In the sweet 16 we play #5 seed Nevada who we beat again. We finally fall short in the Elite 8 to the #2 seed Marquette.

Wanna bet a hat on your prediction?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 7th, 2019, 9:19 am

I am sticking with my 14-4 conference record prediction.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 8th, 2019, 1:46 pm

utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
33-6

Well it’s a joke obviously. I will stick with my 14-4 but 15-3 seems as likely with how well we are playing.

I feel that our game to game improvements as far as individual players, is greater than other teams due to how many of our contributors are under class men.

Queta is making huge improvements from game to game. Porter has made huge strides at PG and offensively. Miller is starting to come into his own. His shooting is improving and his game is starting to expand , he’s driving and taking a wider variety shots. He is getting better at defense; if not quicker better at knowing where he needs to be and anticipation. Knight is also improving a lot and brings a different element to the game than anybody else we have.

I think a lot of other teams have more senior type players than we do. As such, there isn’t as much room for improvement as a younger player. I feel this has given us an advantage as the season has gone on because we are taking greater strides than other teams.

All teams are getting better, CSU is one that is making good strides as well. I think though that gap between us and Nevada for example has gotten smaller though there is still definitely a gap. I thought 14-4 was possible, I now think 16-2 is possible but 15-3 more likely. Many sites have us as favorites the rest of the way out, including Nevada.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 8th, 2019, 3:11 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 1:46 pm
utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
33-6

Well it’s a joke obviously. I will stick with my 14-4 but 15-3 seems as likely with how well we are playing.

I feel that our game to game improvements as far as individual players, is greater than other teams due to how many of our contributors are under class men.

Queta is making huge improvements from game to game. Porter has made huge strides at PG and offensively. Miller is starting to come into his own. His shooting is improving and his game is starting to expand , he’s driving and taking a wider variety shots. He is getting better at defense; if not quicker better at knowing where he needs to be and anticipation. Knight is also improving a lot and brings a different element to the game than anybody else we have.

I think a lot of other teams have more senior type players than we do. As such, there isn’t as much room for improvement as a younger player. I feel this has given us an advantage as the season has gone on because we are taking greater strides than other teams.

All teams are getting better, CSU is one that is making good strides as well. I think though that gap between us and Nevada for example has gotten smaller though there is still definitely a gap. I thought 14-4 was possible, I now think 16-2 is possible but 15-3 more likely. Many sites have us as favorites the rest of the way out, including Nevada.

I haven’t seen anywhere that we’d be favored over Nevada. But we are favored over everyone else.

One thing that’s different about this USU team from other MWC teams is that we are playing more players than probably anyone. Sam is 9th in the conference at 33.4 mpg. Miller plays the next most mpg for USU (at 26.4 mpg), but he is #39 in the league. To put that into perspective here are the number of players on the other MWC teams that average more minutes/game than Miller:
NEV - 4
FSU - 5
SDS - 3
BSU - 3
WYO - 7
CSU - 5
SJS - 2
AFA - 2
UNLV - 4
NM - 2

It appears that our players playing reduced MPG perhaps is allowing them to stay fresher as well as allowing more players to play significant minutes.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 8th, 2019, 5:04 pm

utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
33-6

I haven’t seen anywhere that we’d be favored over Nevada. But we are favored over everyone else.

One thing that’s different about this USU team from other MWC teams is that we are playing more players than probably anyone. Sam is 9th in the conference at 33.4 mpg. Miller plays the next most mpg for USU (at 26.4 mpg), but he is #39 in the league. To put that into perspective here are the number of players on the other MWC teams that average more minutes/game than Miller:
NEV - 4
FSU - 5
SDS - 3
BSU - 3
WYO - 7
CSU - 5
SJS - 2
AFA - 2
UNLV - 4
NM - 2

It appears that our players playing reduced MPG perhaps is allowing them to stay fresher as well as allowing more players to play significant minutes.
Good point

SectionFaggie

Post by SectionFaggie » February 8th, 2019, 7:35 pm

scotlandog wrote:
33-6

Love it, but could you maybe be just a little more specific next time? :joking:

sneed

Post by sneed » February 8th, 2019, 8:08 pm

utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
33-6

NEV - 4
FSU - 5
SDS - 3
BSU - 3
WYO - 7
CSU - 5
SJS - 2
AFA - 2
UNLV - 4
NM - 2

This is a good point. I think it has helped us and will help in the MWCT. Coach mentioned after Fresno that we are the healthiest we have been all year and got a day off after playing 3 games in 7 days.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » February 8th, 2019, 8:51 pm

To be fair Wyoming only has 7 players so it would be hard for very many of them to play less than 26.4 unless all starters played 40 minutes. But point taken, I think it allows our players to be fresher and make shots at the end. It also prepares us in case there is an injury (knocking on wood) or the flu, much easier for a guy getting 15 minutes a game to step up to 25 than a guy getting 3 minutes a game to step up to 30.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » February 8th, 2019, 9:23 pm

utaggies wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 3:11 pm
scotlandog wrote:
utaggies wrote:
scotlandog wrote:
33-6

NEV - 4
FSU - 5
SDS - 3
BSU - 3
WYO - 7
CSU - 5
SJS - 2
AFA - 2
UNLV - 4
NM - 2

Are these full season numbers or conference numbers? I believe the rotation has shrunk some. Knight is gone and Ainge is not playing anymore. Just look at the last few games that weren't blowouts.

Locked Previous topicNext topic