Nate Harris Update

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FormerlyVegasAggie71

Nate Harris Update

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » February 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm

Apparently Nate is living in Reno and coaching a 10U fastpitch softball team. Nevada sportsnet had him on to discuss his softball team, link to video below. He mostly talks about softball, but they do briefly talk about USU basketball around middle of video.

http://nevadasportsnet.com/nsn-daily/ne ... ournaments

918AGG

Re: Nate Harris Update

Post by 918AGG » February 5th, 2019, 12:39 pm

Nate Harris had the best low-post footwork that I've ever seen from an Aggie big, and maybe some of the best that I've ever seen period.

#AggieLegend

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » February 5th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Nate certainly mastered the up and under pivot move.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » February 5th, 2019, 1:30 pm

I remember thinking Nate was just okay until that season when Spencer got hurt. Nate really opened my eyes that year. He was amazing.

dogie

Post by dogie » February 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm

918AGG wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Nate Harris had the best low-post footwork that I've ever seen from an Aggie big, and maybe some of the best that I've ever seen period.

#AggieLegend
If you gave Queta the post moves, body control and footwork of Nate Harris, Queta would be on his way to the Hall of Fame.

thansen
Has thanked: 0

Post by thansen » February 5th, 2019, 3:27 pm

dogie wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm
918AGG wrote:

#AggieLegend
If you gave Queta the post moves, body control and footwork of Nate Harris, Queta would be on his way to the Hall of Fame.
If you gave Nate Harris the body of Queta he would be in the NBA right now. I also think that if you gave Duryea the personality and coaching ability/style of Craig Smith that he would be on his way to the Hall of Fame too. :headscratch: :thumbsup:

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 5th, 2019, 4:12 pm

thansen wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 3:27 pm
dogie wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:58 pm
918AGG wrote:

#AggieLegend
If you gave Nate Harris the body of Queta he would be in the NBA right now. I also think that if you gave Duryea the personality and coaching ability/style of Craig Smith that he would be on his way to the Hall of Fame too. :headscratch: :thumbsup:
Well done. :golfclap:

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » February 5th, 2019, 11:18 pm

Does anyone know what he is doing professionally in Reno?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 6th, 2019, 9:05 am

Coaching fast pitch softball.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » February 6th, 2019, 9:59 am

brownjeans wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 1:30 pm
I remember thinking Nate was just okay until that season when Spencer got hurt. Nate really opened my eyes that year. He was amazing.
Unfortunately, as much as I loved Spencer's hustle, grit, effort, and heart, it seems like he was hurt at some point nearly every season.

While Harris played very well in 17 minutes per game as a freshman and was named to the Big West All-Freshman Team, his true coming-out party was during his sophomore year when he won three consecutive Big West Conference player of the week awards and was named first-team all-Big West. Pretty impressive stuff at a very early stage in his Aggie career.
The only men’s basketball player in school history to earn three first-team all-conference citations, Nate Harris was a four-year letter-winner for the Aggies from 2003-06, and holds the school record for career field goal percentage, shooting 64.1 percent (588-of918). During his career, Harris helped Utah State to an overall record of 96-30 (.762), including a 55-6 (.902) home record, and four NCAA postseason appearances, including three showings in the NCAA Tournament and one NIT selection. In fact, Harris was the first player in school history to play in three NCAA Tournaments. USU also posted a 53-17 (.757) conference record during Harris's career in the Big West and Western Athletic Conferences as the Aggies won Big West Tournament titles in 2003 and 2005, and tied for the regular season Big West championship in 2004. Furthermore, USU posted a 10-3 (.769) mark against in-state opponents with Harris from 2003-06, which included a 6-3 record against BYU and Utah. Over the course of his career, Harris scored 1,475 points and collected 722 rebounds, 220 assists, 95 steals and 90 blocks, and is the only player in school history to finish his career with more than 1,300 points, 600 rebounds, 200 assists and 90 blocks. Harris still ranks fifth all-time in school history in career blocks (90), sixth in games played (126), seventh in double-figure scoring games (77), eighth in both total minutes (3,422) and field goals made (588), 10th in career rebounds (722) and 12th all-time in career points (1,475). In all, Harris had 17 career 20-point games and 13 career double-doubles.

Harris led the Aggies in scoring and rebounding as a senior, averaging 17.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, respectively, en route to being named first-team all-WAC. That season, Harris scored in double figures in all but two games and totaled eight double-doubles. He finished the season with 553 points, the 24th-most in a single-season in school history, including a career-high 33 points at Fresno State. As a senior, he shot 62.1 percent from the field, the seventh-best mark in school history.

As a junior, Harris finished second in the nation and led the Big West in field goal percentage, shooting 65.2 percent, fifth all-time in a single-season in school history. Furthermore, Harris averaged 13.0 points per game and 6.0 rebounds per contest, scoring in double figures 23 times, including 11 straight during one stretch, earning first-team all-Big West honors.

Harris set a USU single-season field goal percentage record and led the nation as a sophomore, shooting 67.7 percent from the floor, while averaging 11.7 points and 6.1 rebounds per game en route to becoming the first Aggie to be named first-team all-Big West as a sophomore. During the year, Harris scored in double figures 19 times, including nine straight over one stretch, as he was also named the league's Sixth Man of the Year.

Harris appeared in 33 games as a freshman and averaged 5.1 points and 3.2 rebounds per game and was named
to the Big West All-Freshman Team. From his sophomore to senior seasons, Harris recorded three of the top seven single-season shooting performances in school history and was named conference player of the week five times, including a school-record-tying three times over a three-week period during his sophomore season.

Following his collegiate career, Harris spent two seasons playing professionally oversees in Germany.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » February 6th, 2019, 9:39 pm

brownjeans wrote:I remember thinking Nate was just okay until that season when Spencer got hurt. Nate really opened my eyes that year. He was amazing.
One year Utah was in the spectrum when they had Bogut. Nate embarrassed that guy on a number of plays. Utah was supposed to be great inside with him, but Spencer and Nate made them look like a high school team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » February 6th, 2019, 10:08 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 9:39 pm
brownjeans wrote:I remember thinking Nate was just okay until that season when Spencer got hurt. Nate really opened my eyes that year. He was amazing.
One year Utah was in the spectrum when they had Bogut. Nate embarrassed that guy on a number of plays. Utah was supposed to be great inside with him, but Spencer and Nate made them look like a high school team.
I have probably been to only seven or eight games in the Spectrum since the '90-'91 season, but I was at that game. It was a great game to attend. We crushed them by something like 30 points IIRC. Just a few days after beating BYUP. It was a good time to plan a trip to Utah for some basketball.

Locked Previous topicNext topic