University of Idaho dragging down the Big Sky

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ViAggie

University of Idaho dragging down the Big Sky

Post by ViAggie » February 25th, 2019, 3:26 pm

I bet the Big Sky is having 2nd thoughts after letting Idaho rejoin. Terrible in football, even worse in men's Basketball this year. I think they have one conference win. And to think we used to have to play the spuds every year. The Big Sky should have passed on them in favor of Utah Valley, even w/o football they would have brought way more to the table. Poor spuds...

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

LKGates

Re: University of Idaho dragging down the Big Sky

Post by LKGates » February 25th, 2019, 6:53 pm

ViAggie wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 3:26 pm
I bet the Big Sky is having 2nd thoughts after letting Idaho rejoin. Terrible in football, even worse in men's Basketball this year. I think they have one conference win. And to think we used to have to play the spuds every year. The Big Sky should have passed on them in favor of Utah Valley, even w/o football they would have brought way more to the table. Poor spuds...
There but for the grace of God...
In football we only lead the all time series 20 - 17 - 2. It was just in 2010 that they beat us like a red haired step child, 28 - 6. Of course, in 2012, the last time we met, we more than returned the favor, 45 - 9.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » February 25th, 2019, 9:15 pm

LKGates wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 6:53 pm
ViAggie wrote:
February 25th, 2019, 3:26 pm
There but for the grace of God...
In football we only lead the all time series 20 - 17 - 2. It was just in 2010 that they beat us like a red haired step child, 28 - 6. Of course, in 2012, the last time we met, we more than returned the favor, 45 - 9.
It's always hard to keep motivated during a downward trend. Moving from FBS to FCS (rarely done) must have devastated the boosters and caused the coaching staffs real trouble in recruiting. Idaho has a good FCS base, so I expect in 2-3 years, they will start trending move positively in the Big Sky and FCS. As you said, "There but for the grace of God . . ."

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » February 26th, 2019, 7:01 am

During these conversations, I have daytime nightmares thinking that not too many years ago we were a hair’s width away from possibly going down the same path. A different AD and no resurgence in football and no conference could have doomed us to the same fate. It is scary to think about.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Locked Previous topicNext topic