Dax the Destroyer

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Dax the Destroyer

Post by USU78 » February 6th, 2019, 10:11 am

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ChicAggie

Re: Dax the Destroyer

Post by ChicAggie » February 6th, 2019, 12:57 pm

My least favorite part of this interview:
“You had such a great year your Senior year of high school, how come you didn’t go to BYU?” I wanted to go to BYU but they never offered me. So I went where I was offered.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

AggieConvert
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieConvert » February 26th, 2019, 12:38 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 12:57 pm
“You had such a great year your Senior year of high school, how come you didn’t go to BYU?” I wanted to go to BYU but they never offered me. So I went where I was offered.
Don't under or over-estimate the influence of USU. Dax grew up a few minutes from BYU and was a fan. What really should be considered and acknowledged is that he is ALL IN now. All Aggies, all the time, no regrets. Looking back, he beat BYU 2 of 3 years he played and there is no question where his heart lies now. The BYU wins where his most loved. It's where you land, not where you start. His family is all in as well. Aggies should be proud that the school and the community is winning over converts like Dax and Cooper and many others. There was no USU lineage in the Raymond family before, but it has started now. His younger sister is a multiple state track champion as a sophomore and now has her eyes set on USU. Tradition and loyalty have to start somewhere. Credit Dax, he's Aggie family now and looking to continue to shine the light on this great institution.
These users thanked the author AggieConvert for the post (total 14):
USU78flying_scotsman2.0TrueBluenewtonianblueMachismoMadmartiganbreadysmithAggie_in_IdahoZaggie07Turtle and 4 more users

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 26th, 2019, 12:46 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 12:38 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
Don't under or over-estimate the influence of USU. Dax grew up a few minutes from BYU and was a fan. What really should be considered and acknowledged is that he is ALL IN now. All Aggies, all the time, no regrets. Looking back, he beat BYU 2 of 3 years he played and there is no question where his heart lies now. The BYU wins where his most loved. It's where you land, not where you start. His family is all in as well. Aggies should be proud that the school and the community is winning over converts like Dax and Cooper and many others. There was no USU lineage in the Raymond family before, but it has started now. His younger sister is a multiple state track champion as a sophomore and now has her eyes set on USU. Tradition and loyalty have to start somewhere. Credit Dax, he's Aggie family now and looking to continue to shine the light on this great institution.
I'm literally wiping away tears.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
TrueBluedonlarson8

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » February 26th, 2019, 1:45 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
This is just outstanding to hear. Great take and perspective.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 26th, 2019, 1:56 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
I just searched through your posts, because I am that guy. You only have a few. You mentioned in one that your son is on the team. Are you Dax's parent? Or of another player? Always cool to get a parent's view in here. Thanks for contributing!
Last edited by flying_scotsman2.0 on February 26th, 2019, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » February 26th, 2019, 2:00 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 1:56 pm
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
I just searched through your posts, because I am that guy. You only have a few. You mentioned in one that your son is on the team. Are you Dax's dad? Or of another player? Always cool to get a parent's view in here. Thanks for contributing!
Look at you!! All Detective-eeee over there......
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0jackmormon

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 26th, 2019, 2:04 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
I just searched through your posts, because I am that guy. You only have a few. You mentioned in one that your son is on the team. Are you Dax's dad? Or of another player? Always cool to get a parent's view in here. Thanks for contributing!
Or mom you misogynist.

Hail Aggies!

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 26th, 2019, 2:23 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 2:04 pm
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Or mom you misogynist.
Fixed it, a thousand apologies.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 26th, 2019, 2:53 pm

You jerks — let’s also not overlook the possibility that Dax could have two dads or two moms, and that the “AggieConvert” account could be a shared account between both dads or moms, much like some couples share Facebook accounts.

AggieConvert

Post by AggieConvert » February 26th, 2019, 3:14 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
I'm Dax's dad. I contributed a few years ago and got reamed pretty good for having an opinion hoping to enlarge the USU fan tent. I felt the disdain for BYU rolled over to the LDS church and made some members uncomfortable, including my family and friends. By association, I didn't want to be the Dad that would accidentally throw any shade on Dax either so I stepped out. Either it's gotten better or my skin got thicker or the fact that I stopped following the forum it has become a non-issue.
I still hope that all will feel welcome to be a USU fan and we have. There are great things ahead that full stadiums and a robust fan-base will help. I always told Dax that NFL players have to come from some family, why not ours? Well, great teams have to come from somewhere. Why not here?
We do thank all of Aggie Nation for their support and hope that this successful trajectory of USU sports will continue to climb and all will feel welcome as we enjoy many fun and even elite seasons to come.
These users thanked the author AggieConvert for the post (total 12):
donlarson8ReckonerBadElbowAggie_in_Idahoaggies22newtonianbluebreadysmiththegreendalegelfsneedbikethebeav and 2 more users

USU78

Post by USU78 » February 26th, 2019, 3:16 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 2:53 pm
You jerks — let’s also not overlook the possibility that Dax could have two dads or two moms, and that the “AggieConvert” account could be a shared account between both dads or moms, much like some couples share Facebook accounts.
Daxie has two mommies?

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » February 26th, 2019, 3:22 pm

USU78 wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 3:16 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
Daxie has two mommies?
My wife and I would probably come to blows if we shared a Facebook account. (Mostly her blows on my head....)

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » February 26th, 2019, 3:34 pm

SeattleAg wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 3:22 pm
USU78 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Daxie has two mommies?
My wife and I would probably come to blows if we shared a Facebook account. (Mostly her blows on my head....)
I can’t tell if your wife is fit or against shared FB

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 26th, 2019, 4:29 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 3:14 pm
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
I'm Dax's dad. I contributed a few years ago and got reamed pretty good for having an opinion hoping to enlarge the USU fan tent. I felt the disdain for BYU rolled over to the LDS church and made some members uncomfortable, including my family and friends. By association, I didn't want to be the Dad that would accidentally throw any shade on Dax either so I stepped out. Either it's gotten better or my skin got thicker or the fact that I stopped following the forum it has become a non-issue.
I still hope that all will feel welcome to be a USU fan and we have. There are great things ahead that full stadiums and a robust fan-base will help. I always told Dax that NFL players have to come from some family, why not ours? Well, great teams have to come from somewhere. Why not here?
We do thank all of Aggie Nation for their support and hope that this successful trajectory of USU sports will continue to climb and all will feel welcome as we enjoy many fun and even elite seasons to come.
I vaguely remember you getting reamed. Glad to see you have recovered. :lol:

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 26th, 2019, 4:48 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
This site can be pretty messed up sometimes. Glad to have you and your family as Aggies! Best of luck to Dax as he prepares for the combine. Isn't that coming up soon?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 26th, 2019, 4:51 pm

February 26th, 2019, 4:48 pm
AggieConvert wrote:
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
The combine begins this weekend.

This site can be pretty messed up sometimes. Glad to have you and your family as Aggies! Best of luck to Dax as he prepares for the combine. Isn't that coming up soon?

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » February 26th, 2019, 5:09 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
See this quite often, new members come in to “set the record straight” and there’s YEARS of history on the board they have to contend with and often get bombarded. Pretty sure a majority of the board is LDS with a few of us heathens thrown into the mix. Congrats on the thicker skin! And remember rule #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 26th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Not to revive the old reaming or anything, but I think I just found the take that USU fans were somehow anti-mormon was just hard to stomach. I would guess USU has the second largest (by percentage) LDS fanbase in D1.

I can’t speak for anyone else, by I hated BYU much more when I was practicing Mormon than I do now.

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » February 26th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 3:34 pm
SeattleAg wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 3:22 pm
USU78 wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Daxie has two mommies?
I can’t tell if your wife is fit or against shared FB
My wife could kick my butt. (She's a yoga teacher, I'm a jazz musician.) Both of us are opposed to shared Facebook. We haven't even been able to share a computer.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » February 26th, 2019, 8:29 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Thank you for bringing Dax into the world and for your support of Utah State University. I was sad when he declared, but I completely understand. I hope he has a long, healthy, and successful career at the next level. Thanks again for your kind and inspiring words about that special place in Cache Valley we all hold so close to our hearts.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 27th, 2019, 6:42 am

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » February 27th, 2019, 7:34 am

[/quote]

I freaking love this!!! Exactly my thoughts. Appreciate the contribution
These users thanked the author deltaaggie for the post (total 2):
dogieJSHarvey

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » February 27th, 2019, 12:07 pm

AggieConvert wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Really good stuff. Sincere thanks for the perspective. Truly heart-warming and great to hear. I wish a little of that perspective and feeling had come through in his response to the question. It read like someone who had only one option and was resigned to his fate. I do hope/believe he will do great at the next level. As a Vikings season ticket holder, I hope it is for my Vikes. Would love to have another Aggie to cheer for in the Purple and Gold (it has been a while - I think the last may have been Patrick Newman back in the early 90s).

USU78

Post by USU78 » February 27th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Word on the street is yBu's demanding a do-over from the NCAA of the last two USU/yBu games in which Dax played because of Russian collusion:

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... ndard.html
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
TheAKAggie

LifelongAggieFan

Post by LifelongAggieFan » February 28th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Does Jason Witten returning to the Cowboys effect Dax's draft stock. I know there have been several NFL draft guys talk about the Cowboys being a good landing spot for Dax, because of their need of a good tight end since Witten retired, but with him returning I'm just curious to know if that will Affect Dax at all?
These users thanked the author LifelongAggieFan for the post:
Blue42

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » February 28th, 2019, 1:11 pm

LifelongAggieFan wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Does Jason Witten returning to the Cowboys effect Dax's draft stock. I know there have been several NFL draft guys talk about the Cowboys being a good landing spot for Dax, because of their need of a good tight end since Witten retired, but with him returning I'm just curious to know if that will Affect Dax at all?
Witten will be 37 in May. The Cowboys definitely will be looking to get younger at that position, even with Witten returning. I don’t think his coming back impacts Dax in the draft at all. If anything, they want Witten to mentor a younger guy this season.

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » February 28th, 2019, 5:36 pm

The witten deal is a yr and if Dax were to go there it gives him devlopment time...
Sincerely,

A Cowboy Fan

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » February 28th, 2019, 8:02 pm

taniataylor wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 5:36 pm
The witten deal is a yr and if Dax were to go there it gives him devlopment time...
Sincerely,

A Cowboy Fan
Please please let this happen.

Sincerely,

A way bigger Cowboy fan than Tania

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » February 28th, 2019, 8:34 pm

When Cooley tried to come back to the skins it didn’t last very long.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » March 1st, 2019, 7:46 am

Madmartigan wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 8:02 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Sincerely,

A Cowboy Fan

Sincerely,

Not a chance. I sang in the 1993 Super Bowl (vs the Bills) Halftime Show with Michael Jackson. I still have the autographed mini helmet from Troy Aikman, Michael Irving & HC Jimmy Johnson....

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 1st, 2019, 7:55 am

taniataylor wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 7:46 am
Madmartigan wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Sincerely,

A Cowboy Fan

Sincerely,

Not a chance. I sang in the 1993 Super Bowl (vs the Bills) Halftime Show with Michael Jackson. I still have the autographed mini helmet from Troy Aikman, Michael Irving & HC Jimmy Johnson....
I’ll take the helmet thanks. I’ll give you $8 and arrange a meet and greet with any WR on the Aggies in exchange.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
CodingAggieBlue

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 1st, 2019, 8:18 am

taniataylor wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Sincerely,

A Cowboy Fan

Sincerely,

Mike drop ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » March 1st, 2019, 10:53 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 7:55 am
taniataylor wrote:
March 1st, 2019, 7:46 am
Madmartigan wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Sincerely,

A Cowboy Fan

Sincerely,

I’ll take the helmet thanks. I’ll give you $8 and arrange a meet and greet with any WR on the Aggies in exchange.
Now tht was FUNNY! I have a small “in” with the receivers group...literally, he’s 5’9”
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
CodingAggieBlue

Donman

Post by Donman » March 1st, 2019, 7:19 pm

As a Cowboys fan I approveImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic