Here are the security tapes.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: Here are the security tapes.

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 6:50 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:37 pm
Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:34 pm
FWIW, Musselman’s wife has deleted her tweets where she accused USU students of being classless and using the N word
But she keeps liking posts from others consoling her and saying how awful the people of Utah and Utah State are
And she didn’t retract her allegations, so anyone who already saw what she wrote will spread that message along.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 6:53 am

So we really have no surveillance cameras around the corner? Seems odd to have 2 in the hallway and zero on our own locker room.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 5th, 2019, 7:05 am

Does anyone have a schematic of hallways back there, in reference to the court floor? Thanks.

Where only sage brush grows

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 7:25 am

Maybe it really was the sound of Sweet Caroline that pushed him over the edge.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Staggerwing3

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » March 5th, 2019, 7:28 am

MrBiggle wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 7:05 am
Does anyone have a schematic of hallways back there, in reference to the court floor? Thanks.
This is from the recent master plan. The location of the Nevada locker room is part of the planned upgrade for the women's basketball team, which is why it has more detail than the other rooms. I am also going partially on memory here. I worked in the Spectrum about 20 years ago, but we all know what happens to our memories as we age!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 5th, 2019, 7:29 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:52 am
I'm just excited for the write-up for his draft stock at the end of the season when some reporter notes how he's an offensive rebound machine and how aggressively Caroline hits the glass.
You are killing it today.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 5th, 2019, 7:44 am

I still feel like Caroline heard the USU team coming up the hall, and that is what triggered him, maybe they were singing “sweet Caroline”, I don’t know for sure cause there is no audio.
My reasoning is this, if you calculate the time that passes from when Caroline enters the tunnel to when you see the first Aggie white uniforms walking up the tunnel, and then use that timeline from when you first see Caroline appear by the fire extinguisher, it seems that the team would have been making their way back to the locker room at about the same time Caroline goes bezerck and runs back down the hall.
I guess it’s all just a moot point now, but I like to dissect these sort of things.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 5th, 2019, 7:47 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 6:50 am
SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:37 pm
Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 11:34 pm
FWIW, Musselman’s wife has deleted her tweets where she accused USU students of being classless and using the N word
But she keeps liking posts from others consoling her and saying how awful the people of Utah and Utah State are
And she didn’t retract her allegations, so anyone who already saw what she wrote will spread that message along.
It's disappointing that society has sunk to such lows. When you can't figure out your next move after you've acted like an a$$, just claim racism caused your crazed outburst and all your actions are magically justified. Shame on everyone of the people that made Saturday nights incident about race.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
SpectrumMagicAggie_in_IdahoAngusAgBeefEateraceofspadeskbCodingAggieBluesneed

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » March 5th, 2019, 7:47 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Maybe it really was the sound of Sweet Caroline that pushed him over the edge.
The band ALWAYS plays that song during the games. But they didn't on Sat night. Is there a chance that the band was specifically asked to NOT play it during the game, because, you know...feelings? But once the game was over, the band took it on themselves to rub it in a bit and that's what JC heard that made him snap?

Just thought it was curious that we didn't play the song, when the opportunity was so ripe during the game? Also seems odd that someone (who?) would try to manipulate our play set to that extent to protect the psyche of an opposing player, though?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 8:17 am

But why on earth did we elect to fall on our sword for these jerks! Hartwell goes as far as to thank them to make matters worse. And no apology was demanded of Nevada or Caroline?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
BeefEatersneed

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 8:20 am

My only hope for restitution here is that Ahbye is right that justice will eventually be served.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 5th, 2019, 9:18 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 8:20 am
My only hope for restitution here is that Ahbye is right that justice will eventually be served.
"A person is guilty of inciting to riot when one urges ten or more persons to engage in tumultuous and violent conduct of a kind likely to create public alarm."
"Vandalism is the action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property"
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post:
BeefEater

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » March 5th, 2019, 9:18 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
UtahStizzle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:13 pm
A couple assistants behind Caroline are at full sprint before Jordan even moves. Once they're about to him he takes off.
Not seeing that. Just seeing Caroline pushing past all the coaches and all of them taking off after him after getting passed.
This guy who's behind JC starts running around 3:49, bumps into JC around 3:51, and then JC takes off too. If you can't see it maybe you have vision problems, not sure. Image

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » March 5th, 2019, 9:31 am

MrBiggle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm
BeefEater wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:24 pm
BeNo wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:32 pm
sstewboy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Ag4life wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:43 pm
sstewboy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:41 pm
Who is this guy? He should know better than anyone what happened. And why does he appear to wave the Nevada players down the hall at the beginning of the chase (starting at the 3:45 minute mark in the second video):

This guy? https://utahstateaggies.com/staff.aspx?staff=197
Yep, that's him. Someone needs to ask him to clarify what was said. He clearly heard it. He reacts slightly by looking down the hall then steps into the middle of the hall to diffuse the situation.
Go to about the 3:50 mark on the view looking towards our locker room. He steps into the hallway and to me appears to say cmon waiving for someone to follow. The two coaches follow at which point Sweet C bursts past them and they give chase. So by chance if he waits another 10 seconds before asking the coaches to follow him allowing Sweet C to get in the locker room then none of this happens. I assume the rest of the team heard Sweet C and were coming to assist him. Porter tries to hold them back but fails. So the coaches, IMO, were just going to follow him. They weren’t out of control emotional. They don’t start running until they realize Sweet C is in headed back to do some damage.
Did he flip them the bird as he was walking away?
No, he uses his index finger as if to say, “ follow me”.
I have a friend that spoke directly to the kid. He wasn't allowed to tell everyone what happened but He did say there were some things that our coaching staff was saying so he made the motion as if to say ill go handle it and was on his way to talk to our coaches and tell them to shut up. Then all Hell broke loose as the Nevada coaching staff and players blew by him to fight.
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post:
sam tingey

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » March 5th, 2019, 9:49 am

ShowMeAggie wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 7:47 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Maybe it really was the sound of Sweet Caroline that pushed him over the edge.
The band ALWAYS plays that song during the games. But they didn't on Sat night. Is there a chance that the band was specifically asked to NOT play it during the game, because, you know...feelings? But once the game was over, the band took it on themselves to rub it in a bit and that's what JC heard that made him snap?

Just thought it was curious that we didn't play the song, when the opportunity was so ripe during the game? Also seems odd that someone (who?) would try to manipulate our play set to that extent to protect the psyche of an opposing player, though?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
It had to have been coincidental. They have a list of songs to pick from, and the decision to play whatever song happens in the moment. Saturday was probably just a day that they picked all of the other songs first and it wasn’t until the end of the game that they got around to playing Sweet Caroline.

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

tetonaggie

Here are the security tapes.

Post by tetonaggie » March 5th, 2019, 9:51 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:But why on earth did we elect to fall on our sword for these jerks! Hartwell goes as far as to thank them to make matters worse. And no apology was demanded of Nevada or Caroline?
I see your point of view and want to agree with it. But I also think, if indeed a USU coach or BBall staff member said “F....You!” to a UNR coach or player in the handshake line or later in the tunnel, they are out of line and not representative of the standards we should uphold and helped, to a small degree, fan the flames. I’m not saying we are at fault, UNR should bear the brunt of any blame and wrongdoing in this situation, but I can see why Hartwell would want to just let it go at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgMac

Post by AgMac » March 5th, 2019, 10:01 am

Winning Team wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 9:31 am

I have a friend that spoke directly to the kid. He wasn't allowed to tell everyone what happened but He did say there were some things that our coaching staff was saying so he made the motion as if to say ill go handle it and was on his way to talk to our coaches and tell them to shut up. Then all Hell broke loose as the Nevada coaching staff and players blew by him to fight.
This makes a lot of sense. While I think Nevada reaction was over the top, it's starting to sound like they were probably incited by something our assistant coach(es) said. With that, I'm fine with the MWC response and think it's time to let it die.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 5th, 2019, 10:05 am

AgMac wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:01 am
Winning Team wrote:

This makes a lot of sense. While I think Nevada reaction was over the top, it's starting to sound like they were probably incited by something our assistant coach(es) said. With that, I'm fine with the MWC response and think it's time to let it die.
I am still wondering what in the world a UNR assistant was doing down our hallway anyway. You see the UNR assistant walking around the corner out of view, then coming back about 35 seconds later. The mayhem ensued right after he returned from being out of sight around the corner. If UNR had done their job and got everyone including assistants and coaches into their locker room where they belonged, none of this would have happened. Did the UNR assistant that went around that corner start yapping and the USU staff/assistant told him to get back in his own ****** hall/locker room?

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 5th, 2019, 10:22 am

BTW - my initial assessment was 90% corroborate with these videos. The only thing I have no idea about was what was said in the locker room before Caroline came out. Just sayin!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 5th, 2019, 10:22 am

I'm sure we share some of the blame as well. I doubt it justified the behavior of the Nevada team, but our staff shouldn't react to something so petty. They got the win. That should be enough.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggieCodingAggieBlue

ereksonaggie

Post by ereksonaggie » March 5th, 2019, 10:40 am

Did you see what Pat Forde wrote in "7 key NCAA bracket questions: Where does Zion-less Duke fit in?"
"Jordan Caroline (19). The Nevada star lost it after a close loss and a chaotic court storming at Utah State on Saturday night. With the court overrun by students, the Wolf Pack players were herded off the court in a different direction from their locker room, which led them by the Utah State locker room instead. Words reportedly were exchanged between assistant coaches, and Caroline escalated the situation by punching the glass covering a fire extinguisher in the hallway and having to be restrained. Then it got worse, when an overly aggressive police officer came flying in like a kickoff wedge buster and started shoving Nevada staffers and telling them to get to their locker room. It was a bad way for the Mountain West Game of the Year to end."

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 5th, 2019, 10:45 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 8:17 am
But why on earth did we elect to fall on our sword for these jerks! Hartwell goes as far as to thank them to make matters worse. And no apology was demanded of Nevada or Caroline?
Totally understand your feelings, but perhaps Coach Smith preferred Hartwell's response to keep distractions at a minimum for tonight. The less extra curricular stuff the players and staff have to deal with the better. Best thing is for everyone to be totally focused on CSU and not what happened Saturday.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 5th, 2019, 10:45 am

ereksonaggie wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:40 am
Did you see what Pat Forde wrote in "7 key NCAA bracket questions: Where does Zion-less Duke fit in?"
"Jordan Caroline (19). The Nevada star lost it after a close loss and a chaotic court storming at Utah State on Saturday night. With the court overrun by students, the Wolf Pack players were herded off the court in a different direction from their locker room, which led them by the Utah State locker room instead. Words reportedly were exchanged between assistant coaches, and Caroline escalated the situation by punching the glass covering a fire extinguisher in the hallway and having to be restrained. Then it got worse, when an overly aggressive police officer came flying in like a kickoff wedge buster and started shoving Nevada staffers and telling them to get to their locker room. It was a bad way for the Mountain West Game of the Year to end."
It's actually closer and safer for them to get to their locker room the way they were directed.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 10:50 am

ereksonaggie wrote:
This is what happens when we just sit back and let Nevada and the media dictate the story. We only have ourselves to blame.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » March 5th, 2019, 10:54 am

It sounds right in substance to me other than not filling in the gap that the wolfpack actually made it to their locker room before all the mayhem. USU staff said things in a charged environment and nevada escalated just like Forde wrote. His depiction of the police is a little dramatic but they did come in forcefully to diffuse everything. It really was a blemish on an otherwise awesome conference game of the year.

sam tingey

Post by sam tingey » March 5th, 2019, 10:57 am

And hipster, I'm really sorry if it seems like I am picking on your posts. I just seem to always respond to them today. I think you have a valid stance, but I am just ready to move on to tonight's game. Go Aggies! Let's win the MWC season championship!

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 5th, 2019, 11:06 am

ereksonaggie wrote:
To be expected from lazy, entitled, coddled, unaccountable media wonks.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 5th, 2019, 11:09 am

sam tingey wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:54 am
It sounds right in substance to me other than not filling in the gap that the wolfpack actually made it to their locker room before all the mayhem. USU staff said things in a charged environment and nevada escalated just like Forde wrote. His depiction of the police is a little dramatic but they did come in forcefully to diffuse everything. It really was a blemish on an otherwise awesome conference game of the year.
He could've mentioned that the Nevada coaches were doing nothing to get their team back to the room and diffuse the situation that was about to erupt, which was why the officer acted the way he did. He could've mentioned that Nevada had already been in their locker room and then left when Caroline burst out the doors. He could've mentioned Musselman refusing to shake hands through the line. He could've not insinuated that the court storming had anything to do with the disturbance like he did.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
sneed

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 5th, 2019, 11:14 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
sam tingey wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:54 am
He could've mentioned that the Nevada coaches were doing nothing to get their team back to the room and diffuse the situation that was about to erupt, which was why the officer acted the way he did. He could've mentioned that Nevada had already been in their locker room and then left when Caroline burst out the doors. He could've mentioned Musselman refusing to shake hands through the line. He could've not insinuated that the court storming had anything to do with the disturbance like he did.
Ahbye said that it was radioed that there was a fight between players. I think the policeman’s aggressive actions to get toward the sound of breaking glass and hysterical yelling were completely appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author jpswensen for the post (total 4):
BeefEateraggies22CodingAggieBluesneed

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 5th, 2019, 11:19 am

Winning Team wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:26 pm
BeefEater wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 10:24 pm
BeNo wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:32 pm
sstewboy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Ag4life wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:43 pm
sstewboy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:41 pm
Who is this guy? He should know better than anyone what happened. And why does he appear to wave the Nevada players down the hall at the beginning of the chase (starting at the 3:45 minute mark in the second video):

This guy? https://utahstateaggies.com/staff.aspx?staff=197
Yep, that's him. Someone needs to ask him to clarify what was said. He clearly heard it. He reacts slightly by looking down the hall then steps into the middle of the hall to diffuse the situation.
Go to about the 3:50 mark on the view looking towards our locker room. He steps into the hallway and to me appears to say cmon waiving for someone to follow. The two coaches follow at which point Sweet C bursts past them and they give chase. So by chance if he waits another 10 seconds before asking the coaches to follow him allowing Sweet C to get in the locker room then none of this happens. I assume the rest of the team heard Sweet C and were coming to assist him. Porter tries to hold them back but fails. So the coaches, IMO, were just going to follow him. They weren’t out of control emotional. They don’t start running until they realize Sweet C is in headed back to do some damage.
Did he flip them the bird as he was walking away?
No, he uses his index finger as if to say, “ follow me”.
Wow, so I guess that means the mwc is okay with players/staff going to “fight” simply because some words were said to them. Unbelievable that they feel that is justified behavior! And I am not saying the USU staff shouldn’t be punished either, they should be held accountable too, they didn’t run to “fight”.
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post:
BeefEater

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 5th, 2019, 11:23 am

First of all, I'm glad Jazz Johnson didn't trip on his untied shoes. That could have been bad. Some other observations after watching:

1. Jordan Caroline never enters the Nevada locker room.He is out in the hall with other assistants.
2. The assistants whip their heads around first. They clearly hear something down the hall that they don't like. I'm sure Caroline heard it too.
3. I don't know what the Nevada players intentions were, but two of them tried to hold them in the locker room. That obviously didn't work.
4. Ragland obviously said something that got this whole thing started. Musselman just wanted to get to the locker room. I don't consider him slighting anyone. After some short words, that thing seems to be over with.

This whole thing doesn't happen if Ragland shuts his mouth. Also, Nevada needs to get their player in the locker room. Allowing an emotional player to linger in open space is a bad idea. Just a bad deal but definitely overblown.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
sam tingey

sam tingey

Post by sam tingey » March 5th, 2019, 11:26 am

My only other observation is the cheerleader that walks by at the end reminds me of esteban from nacho libre walking with his arms behind him.

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » March 5th, 2019, 11:43 am

Question: Was there a police report filed? And would that be public record? Such a report would have what was yelled down the hall that set the Reno staff off and simultaneously transformed Caroline from sad baby to raging psycho man faster than Danyelle Musselman can type N*****.
These users thanked the author sockpuppet for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleUSU78

afausu

Post by afausu » March 5th, 2019, 12:00 pm

You're exactly right, NV. Ragland should have just shut his trap. So they didn't shake your hand and showed poor sportsmanship. Who cares? You won the game! That is the only statement that you need!

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » March 5th, 2019, 12:09 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 11:23 am
First of all, I'm glad Jazz Johnson didn't trip on his untied shoes. That could have been bad. Some other observations after watching:

1. Jordan Caroline never enters the Nevada locker room.He is out in the hall with other assistants.
2. The assistants whip their heads around first. They clearly hear something down the hall that they don't like. I'm sure Caroline heard it too.
3. I don't know what the Nevada players intentions were, but two of them tried to hold them in the locker room. That obviously didn't work.
4. Ragland obviously said something that got this whole thing started. Musselman just wanted to get to the locker room. I don't consider him slighting anyone. After some short words, that thing seems to be over with.

This whole thing doesn't happen if Ragland shuts his mouth. Also, Nevada needs to get their player in the locker room. Allowing an emotional player to linger in open space is a bad idea. Just a bad deal but definitely overblown.
He did actually enter it. Later, he sprints out of the locker room back down the hall, followed closely by two waves of players/coaches...the second wave was being restrained by their staff, until they broke through.

Locked Previous topicNext topic