Bracketology

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB
Posts: 846
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times

Bracketology

Post by SLB » March 6th, 2019, 11:06 am

ESPN has us as a #10 seed.
CBS has us as a #9 seed.
SB Nation has us as a #10 seed.
What seed do you think that we are going to be.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4208
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 99 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 6th, 2019, 11:08 am

History tells us at least 12. We always drop spots.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk




User avatar
sam tingey
2013 & 2016 FB Predict The Score Champion & 2017 & 2018 Bowl Pick'Em Champion
Posts: 1443
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by sam tingey » March 6th, 2019, 11:08 am

#12



Usu0505
Posts: 378
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Usu0505 » March 6th, 2019, 11:18 am

I’d be ok with 12. Harder first round game but much easier 2nd round game


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Aggiewest
Posts: 147
Joined: January 14th, 2011, 2:35 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Aggiewest » March 6th, 2019, 11:21 am

Left out:
* Loses semi or quarter final game in the MW tourney and Nevada doesn't win MW tourney.

Left out or probably 12 seed:
* Lose the final to someone other than Nevada.
* Lose first game in MW tourney and Nevada wins MW tourney.

10 seed to possibly 8 seed.
* Lose the MW tourney championship to Nevada
* Win the MW tourney championship
Last edited by Aggiewest on March 6th, 2019, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post from Aggiewest:
MarioWest



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1462
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 100 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Jjoey53 » March 6th, 2019, 11:27 am

Hopefully anything but the 8/9 seed, that is suicide.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



Usu0505
Posts: 378
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Usu0505 » March 6th, 2019, 11:29 am

Jjoey53 wrote:Hopefully anything but the 8/9 seed, that is suicide.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That’s what I think. Still a tough 1st game and next to impossible 2nd game. Would rather be a 12.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggiesbleedblue
Posts: 164
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 10:32 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Aggiesbleedblue » March 6th, 2019, 12:07 pm

We haven't won a tournament game in nearly 20 years. Let's focus on getting to the round of 32 before we worry about our second round matchup.
These users liked this post from Aggiesbleedblue. Total Likes: 2
ChicAggiesneed



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 155
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 6th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:07 pm
We haven't won a tournament game in nearly 20 years. Let's focus on getting to the round of 32 before we worry about our second round matchup.
That's right but now we have a new Sheriff in town.



User avatar
sam tingey
2013 & 2016 FB Predict The Score Champion & 2017 & 2018 Bowl Pick'Em Champion
Posts: 1443
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by sam tingey » March 6th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Sheriff Smith and Deputy Sam with posse members Queta, Brito, Bean, Taylor, Porter, Miller and Brown.



hickaggie
Posts: 2832
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by hickaggie » March 6th, 2019, 12:28 pm

I think the only way the Aggies get left out would be if anyone other than Nevada or USU wins the tourney. If the Aggies win it they would be 10--11. Lose and it will be a 12 provided Nevada is the champ.



SLB
Posts: 846
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by SLB » March 6th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:07 pm
We haven't won a tournament game in nearly 20 years. Let's focus on getting to the round of 32 before we worry about our second round matchup.
That's right but now we have a new Sheriff in town.
I think that there is a good chance of us winning one in the NCAA tournament. From the looks of it, the first team the Aggies will faced in NCAA tournament won't be as good as Nevada or Houston.



Aggie in Boise
Posts: 155
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 6th, 2019, 12:34 pm

What if San Diego State wins it all ? Are we out for certain?
Last edited by Aggie in Boise on March 6th, 2019, 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.



SLB
Posts: 846
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by SLB » March 6th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:34 pm
What if San Diego State wins it all? Are we out for certain?
Fresno State could do the same. I wouldn't rule this out. I think that we are in, and MWC tournament will effect our seed.



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2273
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 241 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ineptimusprime » March 6th, 2019, 12:41 pm

We will be really sweating on selection sunday if we lose on Thursday and someone other than Nevada wins the tourney.

If Nevada wins the MW tourney, I like our chances. Obviously us winning would be ideal.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2410
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 284 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 6th, 2019, 1:08 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:41 pm
We will be really sweating on selection sunday if we lose on Thursday and someone other than Nevada wins the tourney.

If Nevada wins the MW tourney, I like our chances. Obviously us winning would be ideal.
I don't necessarily agree with this line of thinking. We are not currently in any of Lunardi's First Four/Last Four/Next Four listings, so realistically if SDSU were to win the tournament wouldn't someone like Arizona State or TCU be much more nervous than us?

If we were to make it to the semifinals of MWCT, and SDSU beat us and then Nevada, I think the MWC would be a three big league.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

hickaggie
Posts: 2832
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 21 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by hickaggie » March 6th, 2019, 1:14 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 1:08 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:41 pm
We will be really sweating on selection sunday if we lose on Thursday and someone other than Nevada wins the tourney.

If Nevada wins the MW tourney, I like our chances. Obviously us winning would be ideal.
I don't necessarily agree with this line of thinking. We are not currently in any of Lunardi's First Four/Last Four/Next Four listings, so realistically if SDSU were to win the tournament wouldn't someone like Arizona State or TCU be much more nervous than us?

If we were to make it to the semifinals of MWCT, and SDSU beat us and then Nevada, I think the MWC would be a three big league.
You give far too much credit to the committee. Substantively you are correct. USU deserved the bid no matter what. I'll believe it when I see it.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 1885
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 6th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Aggiesbleedblue wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 12:07 pm
We haven't won a tournament game in nearly 20 years. Let's focus on getting to the round of 32 before we worry about our second round matchup.
Yep. We only won one tournament game under Stew and that was followed up with a 25 point second round loss. An 8-9 game would give us are best seed and most winnable game of my lifetime. 1 seeds often lose before the Sweet sixteen anyway.



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7078
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by GeoAg » March 6th, 2019, 2:59 pm

We are in if we win one more no matter what IMO


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

NVAggie
Posts: 15514
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 369 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by NVAggie » March 6th, 2019, 3:25 pm

So many variables. I don't even want to worry about it until Selection Sunday.



SLB
Posts: 846
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by SLB » March 7th, 2019, 7:10 am

Update
CBS and ESPN have us at being a #9 seed



User avatar
sl7hk
Posts: 218
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 1:02 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by sl7hk » March 7th, 2019, 10:09 am

SLB wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 7:10 am
Update
CBS and ESPN have us at being a #9 seed
Late last night we were a 10 vs Cincy. We swapped with Florida this morning.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14511
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 207 times
Contact:

Re: Bracketology

Post by treesap32 » March 7th, 2019, 10:21 am

Joey Brackets has us playing VCU as a 9 seed in South Carolina.

I wouldn't mind that setup and I would definitely be in attendance.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1690
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by JSHarvey » March 7th, 2019, 11:05 am

Just keep winning! Fingers crossed.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15030
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 368 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 7th, 2019, 11:15 am

treesap32 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 10:21 am
Joey Brackets has us playing VCU as a 9 seed in South Carolina.

I wouldn't mind that setup and I would definitely be in attendance.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
Do we ever play well when they place us across the country somewhere? Where did we play Ohio State?



User avatar
AGinNEIowa
2015, 2016, & 2017 WTHCG Pick'em Champion
Posts: 6025
Joined: January 10th, 2003, 12:00 am
Location: northeast Iowa
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 23 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by AGinNEIowa » March 7th, 2019, 11:23 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 11:15 am
treesap32 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 10:21 am
Joey Brackets has us playing VCU as a 9 seed in South Carolina.

I wouldn't mind that setup and I would definitely be in attendance.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
Do we ever play well when they place us across the country somewhere? Where did we play Ohio State?
Greensboro, NC
the year before US played UCONN, ??defending Champs??, in Birmingham, AL



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 363
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ThunderAggie » March 7th, 2019, 11:29 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 11:23 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 11:15 am
treesap32 wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 10:21 am
Joey Brackets has us playing VCU as a 9 seed in South Carolina.

I wouldn't mind that setup and I would definitely be in attendance.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology
Do we ever play well when they place us across the country somewhere? Where did we play Ohio State?
Greensboro, NC
I guess we would see how ready Queeta is for the NBA if he goes up against Zion in the second round of the NCAA tourney! :shock:



NVAggie
Posts: 15514
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 468 times
Been liked: 369 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by NVAggie » March 7th, 2019, 11:30 am

Just get in the tourney. After that, play your best and see what happens.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 363
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 63 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by ThunderAggie » March 8th, 2019, 9:15 am

Today is the first day that we are projected in every single bracket on the bracket matrix! I still don't think we are a lock, but nice to know most people think we are!
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/



SpectrumMagic
Posts: 466
Joined: November 8th, 2010, 7:57 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 8th, 2019, 10:51 am

Aggies remain 30 in net rankings

UC Irvine moves from 83 - 74 making that a quad 1 road victory correct?

BYU is at 76
Fresno at 86
These users liked this post from SpectrumMagic:
scotlandog



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 812
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 8th, 2019, 11:00 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 10:51 am
Aggies remain 30 in net rankings

UC Irvine moves from 83 - 74 making that a quad 1 road victory correct?

BYU is at 76
Fresno at 86
Gotta be <70 on the road. Hopefully they get there tho



Bank Shot
Posts: 151
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Bank Shot » March 8th, 2019, 11:06 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 11:00 am
SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 10:51 am
Aggies remain 30 in net rankings

UC Irvine moves from 83 - 74 making that a quad 1 road victory correct?

BYU is at 76
Fresno at 86
Gotta be <70 on the road. Hopefully they get there tho
NCAA shows <75

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240.
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 812
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 98 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 8th, 2019, 11:08 am

Bank Shot wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 11:06 am
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 11:00 am
SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 10:51 am
Aggies remain 30 in net rankings

UC Irvine moves from 83 - 74 making that a quad 1 road victory correct?

BYU is at 76
Fresno at 86
Gotta be <70 on the road. Hopefully they get there tho
NCAA shows <75

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75.
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135.
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240.
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353.
Sweet! I thought it was 30, 50, and 70. Love it. Gj Irvine



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 871
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by scotlandog » March 8th, 2019, 11:10 am

3-2 in Q1 that’s awesome.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 3821
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 55 times

Re: Bracketology

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 8th, 2019, 5:06 pm

There are still several teams projected to be at-large 8-12 seeds that will lose prior to conference tournaments. We should be able to move up to a possible 8 or 9 seed, especially if we get to the MW tourney final.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk



Formerly TulsAGGIE

Locked Previous topicNext topic