Roll Call for Columbus

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Roll Call for Columbus

Post by NVAggie » March 18th, 2019, 12:13 pm

rAggie doesn't want us saying thug and now doesn't think it is legal to only consume a portion of the whole that you purchase. I guess you expect us to eat every crumb of a meal we purchase at the restaurant too, right?

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 18th, 2019, 12:18 pm

Nice to see somebody sticking up for the little guy (multinational airline companies) finally.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 2):
sneedChicAggie

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 18th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Aggies in the LA area - you can fly RT from LA to Columbus for $464 on Allegiant if you act soon. Fly in Thursday, fly out Monday. Early morning flights too. NOT BAD!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » March 18th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Does anyone know the deal with how the ticket office is allocating tickets? I had thought they were taking orders through 5 pm and then allocating based off of priority points, and their website still says "All requests will be based off of Aggies Unlimited priority points". Based on that I didn't rush to submit my order, spent some time today finalizing travel plans, etc.

However when I called to order they said it was kind of based on priority points, but also how soon you called...no idea what that means exactly. If I knew that was the case I would have ordered 4 yesterday and then figured out the details later...am still hopeful but we'll see....

AggieVoice
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieVoice » March 18th, 2019, 3:03 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 11:01 pm
If you're not familiar with SkipLagged, it's an app that can save you money by finding flights that are cheaper because you are skipping a leg of your flight. So, for example, this $188 United flight leaves at 8:10 am and takes you through LAX to Montreal. There is a nearly one hour layover in LAX, then you fly to ORD, landing at 4:29 pm. Instead of continuing to Montreal (the cheaper route), you get off the plane in Chicago and don't take the last leg to Montreal. You can't check bags because your bags would be checked through to Montreal. Carry-ons only. The return flight is a 6:00 am flight on Sunday to Denver, through SLC. You get off in SLC instead of continuing on to Denver. May not want to do this too often, because I think the airlines get pissed at you.
I haven't searched through the whole thread yet, but I have a question on this. If you purposefully miss your connecting flight, will the airline not cancel your return flight? I've never tried this but I can picture the Airline doing something like that. Off topic but still Aggie related, I booked a cheap flight to Raleigh in August to see the Aggies play Wake Forest and we are going to drive to Clemson on Thursday to see them play Georgia Tech. The connecting flight is through Charlotte which is a couple hours closer to Clemson, I'd rather get off there and save a few hours.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 18th, 2019, 3:13 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 3:03 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
If you're not familiar with SkipLagged, it's an app that can save you money by finding flights that are cheaper because you are skipping a leg of your flight. So, for example, this $188 United flight leaves at 8:10 am and takes you through LAX to Montreal. There is a nearly one hour layover in LAX, then you fly to ORD, landing at 4:29 pm. Instead of continuing to Montreal (the cheaper route), you get off the plane in Chicago and don't take the last leg to Montreal. You can't check bags because your bags would be checked through to Montreal. Carry-ons only. The return flight is a 6:00 am flight on Sunday to Denver, through SLC. You get off in SLC instead of continuing on to Denver. May not want to do this too often, because I think the airlines get pissed at you.
I haven't searched through the whole thread yet, but I have a question on this. If you purposefully miss your connecting flight, will the airline not cancel your return flight? I've never tried this but I can picture the Airline doing something like that. Off topic but still Aggie related, I booked a cheap flight to Raleigh in August to see the Aggies play Wake Forest and we are going to drive to Clemson on Thursday to see them play Georgia Tech. The connecting flight is through Charlotte which is a couple hours closer to Clemson, I'd rather get off there and save a few hours.
If you book round trip then you may have an issue but Skiplagged will book you 2 one ways instead. There are airlines that have been known to ban people that miss too many connections though.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » March 18th, 2019, 3:15 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
Don't link a frequent flyer or known traveler number to your reservation as there have been reports that the airline will shut down your FF account. Again, unlikely if its a one off, but if you do it a lot then you could run into an issue.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 18th, 2019, 3:16 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
If you purposefully miss your connecting flight, will the airline not cancel your return flight? I've never tried this but I can picture the Airline doing something like that.
They would almost certainly cancel your return flight. The search I did from SLC to Chicago had an outbound flight on United and a return flight on Delta (IIRC).

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » March 18th, 2019, 3:17 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Don't link a frequent flyer or known traveler number to your reservation as there have been reports that the airline will shut down your FF account. Again, unlikely if its a one off, but if you do it a lot then you could run into an issue.
I think if you're going to use Skiplagged, not using a FF# is probably smart, though I doubt the airline would attempt to take any action unless you are a regular repeat offender. The one case I remember involved someone who had done it something like 35 times in a year.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 22nd, 2019, 4:08 pm

There was a great turnout for the pregame party, lots of Aggies in Columbus!

Ready for this game to get started! Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggiejpswensen

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 4:23 pm

Any more pictures?!

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » March 22nd, 2019, 4:38 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:Any more pictures?!
I should have taken one at the pregame party, it was packed in there.

This was outside when the band and spirit squad showed up.

There were a bunch of fans from other teams that stopped to watch.

An Iowa fan near me mentioned to his friends that the Aggies are probably just happy to be here.Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
ThunderAggie

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 4:47 pm

Here are a couple.ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic