Help Students get to Columbus, OH

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
i-jdog

Help Students get to Columbus, OH

Post by i-jdog » March 19th, 2019, 12:32 pm

If you're willing/able to help get some hardcore USU fans to Columbus, Ohio then please help out with this cause. We plan to bring a bit of SPECTRUM MAGIC to the NCAA tournament games that USU plays in. We will bring as many students as possible to help support the basketball team! Anything (donations, facebook shares, telling friends) helps!

https://www.gofundme.com/get-the-hurd-t ... hareflow_w

Thank you, and GO AGGIES!!!
Last edited by i-jdog on March 19th, 2019, 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author i-jdog for the post (total 3):
sneedaggiefrombirthdonlarson8

Dkdavis

Re: Help the HURD get to Columbus, OH

Post by Dkdavis » March 19th, 2019, 1:13 pm

This would be awesome! A few friends and I would drop everything and go if transportation was free..

aggiefrombirth
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggiefrombirth » March 19th, 2019, 1:28 pm

I can't make it to the game, but I'm willing to throw in a couple bucks to make sure that our team has some SPECTRUM MAGIC on the road!!

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 19th, 2019, 1:32 pm

donated $20
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 2):
aggiefrombirthi-jdog

diddy

Post by diddy » March 19th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Let's goooo!! Get the HURD to Ohio to show the nation what is up!

snoel

Post by snoel » March 19th, 2019, 2:09 pm

$15
These users thanked the author snoel for the post (total 2):
i-jdogWinning Team

BioAggie

Post by BioAggie » March 19th, 2019, 2:36 pm

not to long ago everybody was complaining about the hurd being irrelevant, now you all want to send them to OH???? Im not against sending Aggies to the game, just pointing out a position that was taken by most on this forum only a few weeks ago...

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 19th, 2019, 2:39 pm

BioAggie wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 2:36 pm
not to long ago everybody was complaining about the hurd being irrelevant, now you all want to send them to OH???? Im not against sending Aggies to the game, just pointing out a position that was taken by most on this forum only a few weeks ago...
Camping out for two nights in the snow might have got us some respect. Either way I'm going to Ohio!

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm

BioAggie wrote:
pretty sure the posters and the gofundme organizers are the hurd kids themselves.

i ate like garbage pretty much the whole time i was a student. and i distinctly recall freezing my tuckus off during the winter because i couldn't afford to bump the heat. i remember what it was like to have $5 to eat a durn little caesar's pizza. me giving them $20 to go to columbus if the meet their goal is like giving the homeless guy who sleeps at the metro stop by my office a coffee.

diddy

Post by diddy » March 19th, 2019, 3:01 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 2:43 pm
BioAggie wrote:
pretty sure the posters and the gofundme organizers are the hurd kids themselves.

i ate like garbage pretty much the whole time i was a student. and i distinctly recall freezing my tuckus off during the winter because i couldn't afford to bump the heat. i remember what it was like to have $5 to eat a durn little caesar's pizza. me giving them $20 to go to columbus if the meet their goal is like giving the homeless guy who sleeps at the metro stop by my office a coffee.
Yeah those are the guys. The GoFundMe isn't being organized by the actual HURD committee, but a group of die hard students who are mostly local and remember the glory days. We are trying to bring back the magic! But we are also poor so anything helps!

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm

The school is officially sending a bus with dirt cheap ticket prices, travel, and hotel for students.
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post (total 2):
donlarson8Aggie_in_Idaho

i-jdog

Post by i-jdog » March 19th, 2019, 3:07 pm

As stated in the Gofundme, we are trying to get as many students to the game as possible. We are currently looking into the possibility of renting a 12 or 15 passenger van. Does anyone have any connections in regards to renting/borrowing such a vehicle?

:utah: :state:

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 19th, 2019, 3:07 pm

I'm in for $20. GET LOUD!!

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

diddy

Post by diddy » March 19th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 3:04 pm
The school is officially sending a bus with dirt cheap ticket prices, travel, and hotel for students.
Yes this is true. But, this bus is giving first priority to student officers, extra spirit squad members, and then HURD committee members. Anything left over will open up to students. I personally am not counting on that opportunity being available to me being at the bottom of the totem pole

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 19th, 2019, 3:14 pm

diddy wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 3:08 pm
Dkdavis wrote:
Yes this is true. But, this bus is giving first priority to student officers, extra spirit squad members, and then HURD committee members. Anything left over will open up to students. I personally am not counting on that opportunity being available to me being at the bottom of the totem pole
I guess that's where Hurd premium comes in.. I normally would be low on the todem pole...

i-jdog

Post by i-jdog » March 19th, 2019, 3:16 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 3:14 pm
diddy wrote:
Dkdavis wrote:
I guess that's where Hurd premium comes in.. I normally would be low on the todem pole...
Dkdavis, I just messaged you. We had heard about the possibility of the University bus a few days ago. Our goal is to provide additional seats for even more students to attend.

AggieVoice
Has thanked: 0

Post by AggieVoice » March 19th, 2019, 4:44 pm

I just threw in $50. Whoever that benefits better not come back with a voice;)

garyismyhomeboy

Post by garyismyhomeboy » March 19th, 2019, 4:54 pm

WAIT.....WAIT.....My friend's children said the university is also subsidizing a student ticket/travel and covering majority of the costs. So basically the Hurd is just trying to get more money to they don't have to pay anything?

ncs53

Post by ncs53 » March 19th, 2019, 5:01 pm

diddy wrote:
Dkdavis wrote:
Ah yes the HURD committee. Aka kids who couldn't care less about sports but think it will look good on their resume... :roll:

i-jdog

Post by i-jdog » March 19th, 2019, 5:11 pm

garyismyhomeboy wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 4:54 pm
WAIT.....WAIT.....My friend's children said the university is also subsidizing a student ticket/travel and covering majority of the costs. So basically the Hurd is just trying to get more money to they don't have to pay anything?
This is not the case. We are not official "HURD" members, the entire student section is called The HURD. Our goal is provide even more seats and opportunities for students to go to the game other than the bus being provided. Seating on the bus is very limited. Currently we are looking into a 15 passenger van, and if more donations are received (THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE) we will look into another van rental. We will each be paying for our own tickets, lodging, food etc. These donations are going towards transportation of as many students as possible.

The concern is appreciated, people need to keep each other in check. If you have any other concerns don't hesitate to message me.

diddy

Post by diddy » March 19th, 2019, 5:12 pm

ncs53 wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 5:01 pm
diddy wrote:
Dkdavis wrote:
Ah yes the HURD committee. Aka kids who couldn't care less about sports but think it will look good on their resume... :roll:
I feel you on that. Applied last year because I actually care. Didn't get it. Oh well! I'll just find other ways to get there

i-jdog

Re: Help USU Students get to Columbus, OH

Post by i-jdog » March 19th, 2019, 5:17 pm

To clear up any confusion:

This group is not affiliated with Utah State University, or "the HURD". We are simply Utah State students that love USU and USU athletics. I apologize for any confusion that may have come from us referring to students as "The HURD". That term was originally used to describe the student section in its entirety.

AndroidAggie

Re: Help Students get to Columbus, OH

Post by AndroidAggie » March 19th, 2019, 5:40 pm

i'll donate another $50 if this thread goes 24 hours without another whinging post about the hurd. dead serious.

if you don't want to donate, don't donate. no reason to get negative on this thread.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 4):
diddyi-jdogDkdavisdonlarson8

Zaggie07

Re: Help USU Students get to Columbus, OH

Post by Zaggie07 » March 19th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Not to be a downer, but please be careful driving that van. When I was in school I knew somebody that was killed in an accident while traveling for a class. They were going too fast and a tire blew out. Does anybody in your group have a CDL by chance? It's not required, but it's helpful.

https://www.ksl.com/article/112318/utah ... sh-victims

https://usustatesman.com/10-years-later ... -incident/

Anyway, something to be mindful of. Hope you are safe and have fun!

*Edit: AND ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS.

These users thanked the author Zaggie07 for the post (total 2):
i-jdogdiddy

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » March 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm

How much does a charter bus cost? It would be much safer than the van and you could get a few more people on it. I was in school when the ag students crashed I don't want to see that again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post (total 3):
donlarson8Zaggie07sam tingey

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

diddy

Post by diddy » March 19th, 2019, 8:16 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm
How much does a charter bus cost? It would be much safer than the van and you could get a few more people on it. I was in school when the ag students crashed I don't want to see that again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Looks like it is between $100-$160 per hour for a mini charter bus (20 seats). So that is probably out of the picture :shock:

USUaggienation

Post by USUaggienation » March 19th, 2019, 10:16 pm

I met a lot of these students in the photo while camping out for the Nevada game. They’re not Hurd committee members but diehard Aggie fans that care very much about the future of the program.

I wish I could join them in Columbus, but unfortunately this is a crucial week for me during my graduate studies. I wish them well and I’m excited to see even more Aggies will be attending. I also met Dkdavis and he’s another great Aggie fan.
These users thanked the author USUaggienation for the post (total 2):
diddydonlarson8

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 19th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Yes, be careful. I still remember when that bus rolled. I was also at USU at the time.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 24th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Did this group ever go? Didn't see any other students besides the 50 on the bus.

garyismyhomeboy

Post by garyismyhomeboy » March 24th, 2019, 7:18 pm

I heard they still had spots a few days before the bus left and it was open to all students and nonpremium members. I bet they got on the bus and maybe some pocket money from you.

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » March 24th, 2019, 7:21 pm

I got a refund so I’m guessing they didn’t make it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 24th, 2019, 7:59 pm

NVAggie wrote:Yes, be careful. I still remember when that bus rolled. I was also at USU at the time.
It was a 15 passenger van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 24th, 2019, 9:10 pm

donlarson8 wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 7:21 pm
I got a refund so I’m guessing they didn’t make it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m glad to hear that. I remember them being at the camp out for Nevada and they seemed like decent people! Most of them weren’t on the bus, but I know there were spots available the morning of.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 24th, 2019, 9:44 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 7:59 pm
NVAggie wrote:Yes, be careful. I still remember when that bus rolled. I was also at USU at the time.
It was a 15 passenger van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct.

Locked Previous topicNext topic