Go Aggies banners across Logan

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Ag4life

Go Aggies banners across Logan

Post by Ag4life » March 21st, 2019, 9:27 am

I didn't get a picture of it, but I noticed today driving in Logan that they put out the Utah State flags/banners or whatever they are called on the poles down main streets. The other thing I noticed is that there are several business hanging out big maybe 3' x 10' banners outside their business that say GO AGGIES. There were a few in the process of hanging up this morning, but it's nice to see some local business do that. It must have been some coordinated effort since they're identical banners, but I thought it's always nice to seem some extended effort to support what this team is doing.
These users thanked the author Ag4life for the post (total 3):
newtonianblueAggie_in_Idahodonlarson8

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Go Aggies banners across Logan

Post by NVAggie » March 21st, 2019, 9:28 am

That is great to hear. It is time for the community to get behind USU Athletics.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
diddy

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » March 21st, 2019, 10:15 am

Ag4life wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 9:27 am
I didn't get a picture of it, but I noticed today driving in Logan that they put out the Utah State flags/banners or whatever they are called on the poles down main streets. The other thing I noticed is that there are several business hanging out big maybe 3' x 10' banners outside their business that say GO AGGIES. There were a few in the process of hanging up this morning, but it's nice to see some local business do that. It must have been some coordinated effort since they're identical banners, but I thought it's always nice to seem some extended effort to support what this team is doing.
I'll see if I can get some pictures today. I'll be in Logan.

Something is different this time. In a good way. This feels like it will go the Aggie's way.

***Edited for the heathen swine who can't read more than one way.*** </TIC>
Last edited by crazywookie on March 22nd, 2019, 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 21st, 2019, 10:21 am

crazywookie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:15 am
Ag4life wrote:

Something is different this time. In a good way. This feels like it will go the Aggie way.
What do you mean by "Aggie way". Typically, the Aggie way is to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or come out slow and come up short in the end.

stwinward

Post by stwinward » March 21st, 2019, 11:32 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:21 am
crazywookie wrote:
Ag4life wrote:

Something is different this time. In a good way. This feels like it will go the Aggie way.
What do you mean by "Aggie way". Typically, the Aggie way is to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or come out slow and come up short in the end.
Not amymore

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 22nd, 2019, 7:05 am

NVAggie wrote:
crazywookie wrote:
Ag4life wrote:

Oh please stop it with this crap. This team deserves your full faith and support. Nothing less.

I’ve been an Aggie for awhile, so I get it - but it’s time to retire the “we suck, we’re gonna lose, we’ll find a way to choke this up” malarkey.

This team finds ways to win, they don’t suck, and they don’t choke. You simply don’t deserve this team.

It’s ok to be excited and optimistic with this team; they’ve earned it - regardless of today’s outcome.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » March 22nd, 2019, 7:34 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 10:21 am
crazywookie wrote:
Ag4life wrote:

Seriously, just let yourself believe in our team!

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 7:48 am

918AGG wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 7:05 am
NVAggie wrote:
crazywookie wrote:
Ag4life wrote:

Oh please stop it with this crap. This team deserves your full faith and support. Nothing less.

I’ve been an Aggie for awhile, so I get it - but it’s time to retire the “we suck, we’re gonna lose, we’ll find a way to choke this up” malarkey.

This team finds ways to win, they don’t suck, and they don’t choke. You simply don’t deserve this team.

It’s ok to be excited and optimistic with this team; they’ve earned it - regardless of today’s outcome.
Wow, that is quite the overreaction. Not everyone can be the awesome fan that you are. To say I don’t deserve this team is completely out of line.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 7:54 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 7:48 am
918AGG wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
crazywookie wrote:
Ag4life wrote:

Wow, that is quite the overreaction. Not everyone can be the awesome fan that you are. To say I don’t deserve this team is completely out of line.
The persecution complex of some Aggie fans is so deep that even being called out for it elicits further self pity.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » March 22nd, 2019, 8:00 am

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... -last.html

Aggie fans buy in. This article suggests so and I agree. Good read. I believe and so should you.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 22nd, 2019, 8:15 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 7:48 am
918AGG wrote:
NVAggie wrote:
crazywookie wrote:
Ag4life wrote:

I don't apologize for this. Let me get this straight. This team is picked 9th in the MW pre-season. We have a brand new coach, few Seniors, a bunch of pasty white RMs, and a few Portuguese. Rightfully so - nobody expected us to do a damn thing in conference.

Straight out of the gate we play solid basketball with a win against SMC and close losses to ASU and UH. We play as tough as nails in the MW with close/gutty wins against NM and Fresno, we get the horrible loss streak against SDSU off of our backs, beat nationally ranked Nevada in the Spectrum, bring back Spectrum Magic, fight out a win at CSU, win our share of the MW regular season title, break the press in a gutty win against NM, LAY WASTE to Fresno, and beat SDSU (again!) to win the MW tournament championship. Our new coach receives MW coach of the year honors, our Portuguese Freshman receives MW freshman of the year and MW DPOTY honors, and our pasty white RM receives player of the year honors. Meanwhile, Joe Lunardi says that our upcoming opponent is "one and done" and that we "may push the Tar Heels to their limit" - and you're coming on here saying that we will find a way to lose this game today?

Seriously dude.

This team deserves - at the very least - for you to withhold your cynicism for another 12 hours. Either you aren't an Aggie fan, you don't really watch or like basketball, or you need to see a psychiatrist.
Last edited by 918AGG on March 22nd, 2019, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
YoungBloodAggie

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 8:20 am

Don’t worry guys. I’m not looking for your validation of my fan hood. You be your fan and I’ll be mine. I find it silly to attack people like this, but that is fine.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
donlarson8

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 22nd, 2019, 8:30 am

I always wonder people like to attack other Aggie fans on this board like they are not fan enough. The Duryea years scarred many of us. I am all in on this team and Smith, but that does not mean I have my reservations. I have seen so many times the team lose after being up or some stupid play that happens. That does not mean I am not a fan. This team is slowly making me more positive as they have been great in close games.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 22nd, 2019, 8:33 am

Anyone who takes the time to find usufans.com and reads anything posted to it is a fan.
These users thanked the author aggiesdotcom for the post:
donlarson8

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » March 22nd, 2019, 8:40 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:30 am
I always wonder people like to attack other Aggie fans on this board like they are not fan enough. The Duryea years scarred many of us. I am all in on this team and Smith, but that does not mean I have my reservations. I have seen so many times the team lose after being up or some stupid play that happens. That does not mean I am not a fan. This team is slowly making me more positive as they have been great in close games.
Please show me where I said that NVAggie isn't an Aggie fan. Classic Aggie fans playing the tortured victims.

Our basketball team and football team are nationally ranked. It's time to get over the Duryea years.

Ag4life

Post by Ag4life » March 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am

To change the topic, here's what the banners looked like. I noticed most of the banks on main street had them and then a few other businesses.

These users thanked the author Ag4life for the post (total 4):
usufan1newtonianblueAggie_in_Idahodonlarson8

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 8:50 am

NVAggie wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:20 am
Don’t worry guys. I’m not looking for your validation of my fan hood. You be your fan and I’ll be mine. I find it silly to attack people like this, but that is fine.
Nobody is asking you to validate your fandom, but what exactly about this team makes you think they won’t play gritty, smart basketball? This team has snatched victory from the jaws of defeat on multiple occasions this year. Losses to bad Big West teams fifteen years ago have no bearing on a bunch of guys that were in elementary school at the time.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 8:55 am

Everybody shut up or you're all going to bed without dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 3):
BigBlueDart918AGGnewtonianblue

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » March 22nd, 2019, 9:11 am

It's entirely amusing to me that you all misinterpreted my post. I'll rewrite it for you all.

Also I don't believe I have been a negative Nancy. Apologies for the post that was written unclearly.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

dhilk3785

Post by dhilk3785 » March 22nd, 2019, 9:22 am

Ag4life wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am
To change the topic, here's what the banners looked like. I noticed most of the banks on main street had them and then a few other businesses.

I love it. Thanks for sharing!

"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » March 22nd, 2019, 9:41 am

Those are awesome. Glad to see the community get behind this team.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » March 22nd, 2019, 10:18 am

Ag4life wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:42 am

I LOVE THESE! Where can I get one for my business in SLC???
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
donlarson8

Ag4life

Post by Ag4life » March 22nd, 2019, 11:01 am

bluegrouse wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 10:18 am
I LOVE THESE! Where can I get one for my business in SLC???
Reach out to the Logo Shop in Logan and I'm sure they can help you. I'm sure they can ship directly to SLC. They are a sister company to Locker 42. I'm not sure if they did these or someone else, but they can for sure help.

Locked Previous topicNext topic