An Open Letter to Utah State Men's Basketball

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Blue42

An Open Letter to Utah State Men's Basketball

Post by Blue42 » March 23rd, 2019, 11:49 am

Dear Utah State Men's Basketball Team,

The last 24 hours have been a whirlwind of emotions for us Aggie fans: excitement, frustration, disappointment, pride, and hope for the future. None of us expected a season like this at the start of the year. In our wildest dreams, we never could have imagined Coach Smith and the boys achieving everything that they did in year one. You provided us with so many highs: finally beating San Diego State, breaking Nevada's spirits, winning the Mountain West Tournament, and getting an 8-seed on Selection Sunday, to name a few. Even in a difficult loss like we had last night, the team played admirably. They gave it their all until the final whistle, played as a team, and represented Aggie Nation admirably.

I feel like I have an emotional hangover this morning, but it comes with no regrets. The disappointment of a one-and-done exit from the tournament is still fresh, but it's countered by overwhelming pride for this team and hope for the future. With Coach Smith at the helm, the future has never been brighter for Aggie Basketball than it is right now. We've entered a new era in Logan. The Spectrum Magic is back, the valley is excited again, and the program is revitalized.

Reality is finally starting to set in that this season is over. That's the hardest fact to accept in all of this. The season is over, and we have to wait almost 8 more months to watch this team play again. The boys captured our hearts; they weren't just winning, they were FUN. It's the first time in several years that I've been upset to see the season end. To me, that's the biggest sign that Aggie Basketball is relevant again, and I love and hate it at the same time.

In the end, I just really wanted to take a moment to acknowledge and thank the coaches and team for an incredible year. On behalf of all of Aggie Nation, thank you for bringing winning basketball back to Logan. You gave us a season we will never forget, and hopefully planted the seeds of what will put Utah State on the national map again. Hats off to this year's team, and here's to the future.

Go Aggies!
These users thanked the author Blue42 for the post (total 17):
MachismoAggie19SpectrumMagicSection_L_AggieBustaMcNuttUSU78bigblueAggie_in_Idahoaggies22GUS and 7 more users

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

bluegrouse

Re: An Open Letter to Utah State Men's Basketball

Post by bluegrouse » March 23rd, 2019, 12:21 pm

Well-said

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » March 23rd, 2019, 4:00 pm

3futureaggies

Post by 3futureaggies » March 23rd, 2019, 6:10 pm

Fully agree, but would like to add that with the W-L record set aside, the growth of the individual players through the season was highly impressive. I don't think I've ever seen so many players advance their skills so much over the course of a season.
These users thanked the author 3futureaggies for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiOSection_L_AggieNVAggie

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » March 23rd, 2019, 7:03 pm

Very well said .. You should publish it somewhere that is more widely read.

lionhead

Post by lionhead » March 23rd, 2019, 7:45 pm

You should email this to Craig Smith!

Locked Previous topicNext topic