Chris Cooley sighting

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
OKAggie

Re: Chris Cooley sighting

Post by OKAggie » April 16th, 2019, 12:09 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:53 am
OKAggie wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 8:58 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 8:19 am
OKAggie wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 6:51 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 12:19 am
Again.
Someone stated he hasn't had good things to say about USU or Logan.

I stated why.

It happened. It is factual. The full story is FAR worse than the readers digest version I gave .

I am sorry I offended the internet police with the facts. I figured I was safe to state facts here. I didn't realize this was cougar board.

And my dislike for the guy has very little to do with his affairs and a lot to do with who he is, his attitude, and his character.

I thought the saying "when you can't dispute the facts you attack the messenger" was just a political thing.
Speaking of attitude and character: nobody likes a gossip. "Stating facts" is the classic defense against gossip. Unless you are his ex-wife, you probably know substantially less about this than you think. Quit dropping "internet police" and "Cougar board" like a whiny jerk, when fairer-minded people call you out on your gossip. (I was going to mention how very "Cougar board" it is to call someone out on their sins from 20 years ago, but I have a sense of irony.) People grow and change -- I'm pretty sure I'm not as big a jerk as I was 20 years ago, and I'm hoping you aren't either.

No one in this thread presented Cooley as a moral titan, just expressed that it was good to see him back, before you unloaded your gossip. Between you and Cooley, there's only one who looks worse after this thread.
Thank you Cosmo Bonus cute points to MWCFAN12, if you're keeping score

I guess you missed the part where I said my feelings about Chris have very little to do with what he did to his ex-wife and a lot to do with my interactions with him personally I did miss that. I don't care. You first chimed in with gossip, which is why I posted what I posted.

People on this board spout nonsensical b******* all day long. About coaching changes athletic department changes players my roommate's brother's cousin said this. This is an opinion message board and my opinion is that Chris is a douche. Valid. Doesn't change the fact that you're a gossip.

I noticed that you didn't attack the information you just want to attack me. You don't know me from Adam. Adam wasn't a gossip.
As far as not knowing the situation maybe you should know who you're talking to before you make that decision. Have you ever thought that just maybe she is family?I don't think about it at all. Or care. People can take care of their own problems.

Are you really trying to make the argument that no one on this message board gossips? On a message board are you serious? There are a lot of stupid things people do on message boards. Gossip among them.

I don't know you personally so I won't attack you personally but it's responses like this that make me not want to share information when I have it about coaching changes athletic department changes assistant coaches scheduling that sort of thing. I can live without your sterling insights, but that's up to you.
If you don't like gossip maybe you shouldn't be reading a message board.

oh and by the way when Chris was with the Redskins he was doinking 2 cheerleaders at the sametime. And got both of them fired.

I believe he ended up marrying one of them. Now that is Gossip.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it the consideration it deserves.

That about wraps it up from here. To recap: MWCFAN12 thinks that gossip is just part of responsible message boarding, that no grudge is too old to bring back up, and that Chris Cooley is and will always be scum. OKAggie thinks that MWCFAN12 is a gossip; that "Cougarboard" shading by its nature always sounds like, well, Cougarboard; and that Chris Cooley is welcome to mend fences despite being a poo-poo head in the past (and congratulations on his wedding!).

Thanks to Talon Chappel back in the studio.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
oleblu111

Nobody here knows anything.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 16th, 2019, 12:26 pm

OKAggie wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 12:09 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 9:53 am
OKAggie wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 8:58 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 8:19 am
OKAggie wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 6:51 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 12:19 am
Again.
Someone stated he hasn't had good things to say about USU or Logan.

I stated why.

It happened. It is factual. The full story is FAR worse than the readers digest version I gave .

I am sorry I offended the internet police with the facts. I figured I was safe to state facts here. I didn't realize this was cougar board.

And my dislike for the guy has very little to do with his affairs and a lot to do with who he is, his attitude, and his character.

I thought the saying "when you can't dispute the facts you attack the messenger" was just a political thing.
Speaking of attitude and character: nobody likes a gossip. "Stating facts" is the classic defense against gossip. Unless you are his ex-wife, you probably know substantially less about this than you think. Quit dropping "internet police" and "Cougar board" like a whiny jerk, when fairer-minded people call you out on your gossip. (I was going to mention how very "Cougar board" it is to call someone out on their sins from 20 years ago, but I have a sense of irony.) People grow and change -- I'm pretty sure I'm not as big a jerk as I was 20 years ago, and I'm hoping you aren't either.

No one in this thread presented Cooley as a moral titan, just expressed that it was good to see him back, before you unloaded your gossip. Between you and Cooley, there's only one who looks worse after this thread.
Thank you Cosmo Bonus cute points to MWCFAN12, if you're keeping score

I guess you missed the part where I said my feelings about Chris have very little to do with what he did to his ex-wife and a lot to do with my interactions with him personally I did miss that. I don't care. You first chimed in with gossip, which is why I posted what I posted.

People on this board spout nonsensical b******* all day long. About coaching changes athletic department changes players my roommate's brother's cousin said this. This is an opinion message board and my opinion is that Chris is a douche. Valid. Doesn't change the fact that you're a gossip.

I noticed that you didn't attack the information you just want to attack me. You don't know me from Adam. Adam wasn't a gossip.
As far as not knowing the situation maybe you should know who you're talking to before you make that decision. Have you ever thought that just maybe she is family?I don't think about it at all. Or care. People can take care of their own problems.

Are you really trying to make the argument that no one on this message board gossips? On a message board are you serious? There are a lot of stupid things people do on message boards. Gossip among them.

I don't know you personally so I won't attack you personally but it's responses like this that make me not want to share information when I have it about coaching changes athletic department changes assistant coaches scheduling that sort of thing. I can live without your sterling insights, but that's up to you.
If you don't like gossip maybe you shouldn't be reading a message board.

oh and by the way when Chris was with the Redskins he was doinking 2 cheerleaders at the sametime. And got both of them fired.

I believe he ended up marrying one of them. Now that is Gossip.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it the consideration it deserves.

That about wraps it up from here. To recap: MWCFAN12 thinks that gossip is just part of responsible message boarding, that no grudge is too old to bring back up, and that Chris Cooley is and will always be scum. OKAggie thinks that MWCFAN12 is a gossip; that "Cougarboard" shading by its nature always sounds like, well, Cougarboard; and that Chris Cooley is welcome to mend fences despite being a poo-poo head in the past (and congratulations on his wedding!).

Thanks to Talon Chappel back in the studio.
1. I stated a fact to as to why his relationship with Cache Valley was rocky.
2.Chris would admit this himself and has.
3. You decided to attack me personally.
4. I took it too far proving my point.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » April 16th, 2019, 12:35 pm

who is talon chappel

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » April 16th, 2019, 12:36 pm

nm i googled.

name registers at 8 on the utah scale.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » April 16th, 2019, 12:52 pm

What Tiger Woods have did that Chris Cooley have not did?
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post:
USU78

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 16th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Why are we so worried about offending a former football player who didn't like being here in the first place? Gossip? Good grief, he was counseled by the NFL after sending photos of his junk and wanted to fight Tony Romo since Romo nailed his ex - I don't think he's worried much about being in the limelight. I think he enjoys it.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
MWCFAN12

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 16th, 2019, 1:18 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 12:54 pm
Why are we so worried about offending a former football player who didn't like being here in the first place? Gossip? Good grief, he was counseled by the NFL after sending photos of his junk and wanted to fight Tony Romo since Romo nailed his ex - I don't think he's worried much about being in the limelight. I think he enjoys it.
Be careful. OKCosmo will come down on you. Explaining how his internet standards and morals are higher than yours.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » April 16th, 2019, 1:59 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
I knew about the other stuff MWCFan posted, but I didn't know this. Fascinating.

Aggiewest

Post by Aggiewest » April 16th, 2019, 3:29 pm

This is worse than the "BYU Honor Code Office", who digs into your past and then shames you in front of everyone. I have done many things when I was younger that I regret. You sound very bitter MWFan and you might have reason to be, but if Chris is attempting to make amends then you should let it go. You will be much happier.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 16th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Aggiewest wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 3:29 pm
This is worse than the "BYU Honor Code Office", who digs into your past and then shames you in front of everyone. I have done many things when I was younger that I regret. You sound very bitter MWFan and you might have reason to be, but if Chris is attempting to make amends then you should let it go. You will be much happier.
I'm a pretty happy guy.
I don't think Chris is a very good person I know Chris doesn't care about my opinion.
I just get upset when people try to tell me that their morals beliefs and standards are higher than mine. And try to come down on me for gossip when this is a message board and everybody spouts their opinion about everything from spring game, coaches, players, injuries, local cops, title 9, players parents, rape victims, drug deals, race relations, all of which is gossip.

But to play the holier-than-thou card got under my skin. This is the exact reason why people don't like BYU or BYU fans. And why Mormons get a bad rap. Every major conflict in the history of the world was started by someone trying to force their beliefs and morals on someone else.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » April 16th, 2019, 4:39 pm

Did you see the video Cooley made on signing day? I think he's proud to be an Aggie and he has supported USU and Logan High School in the past. He grew up here. I am not fond of my hometown and I dont visit it very often either so I get where Cooley is coming from. News flash-lots of professional athletes might not be guys you want dating your daughters. Sometimes you gotta leave the past in the past.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » April 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm

Man, this is tough. I hate to see conflict among the Aggie faithful. In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Honestly, I can see both sides. I remember when I was a kid, one of the surgeons in town had an affair. His wife divorced him, and it was impossible to keep things quiet. Our family was at a county medical society picnic. Most folks were avoiding the guy like he had the plague. My dad went over, sat by him, and struck up a conversation. I asked Dad about it later. He told me that people make poor choices sometimes, and that people shouldn't be measured by the worst thing they've done.

On the other hand, if the husband of one of my daughters or my sister cheated on her, I would have a very hard time letting go of it, even after years. Especially if he showed no inclination to change his behavior. It's easier to forgive someone when you're not the one who's life has been ruined.

Life is messy.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 2):
cdaAgUSU78

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 16th, 2019, 8:14 pm

LKGates wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 6:04 pm
Man, this is tough. I hate to see conflict among the Aggie faithful. In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Honestly, I can see both sides. I remember when I was a kid, one of the surgeons in town had an affair. His wife divorced him, and it was impossible to keep things quiet. Our family was at a county medical society picnic. Most folks were avoiding the guy like he had the plague. My dad went over, sat by him, and struck up a conversation. I asked Dad about it later. He told me that people make poor choices sometimes, and that people shouldn't be measured by the worst thing they've done.

On the other hand, if the husband of one of my daughters or my sister cheated on her, I would have a very hard time letting go of it, even after years. Especially if he showed no inclination to change his behavior. It's easier to forgive someone when you're not the one who's life has been ruined.

Life is messy.
your restraint is admirable

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » April 16th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 1:59 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
I knew about the other stuff MWCFan posted, but I didn't know this. Fascinating.
I don't really find it 'fascinating' or really any of my business. I just get tired of the notion that we have to kiss the rear-end of athletes in fear that they won't speak highly of their alma mater. He didn't like being here and obviously loved all the attention regardless of how he obtained it.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » April 17th, 2019, 10:32 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
April 16th, 2019, 4:22 pm
This is the exact reason why people don't like BYU or BYU fans.
Agreed, you're acting very BYU by getting on your moral high ground and shade at Cooley for his immoral past - and that IS the exact reason people don't like BYU fans.

I hate the you're-acting-like-BYU-fans card. It's the USU message-board equivalent of Godwin's law. When desperate, tell the USU fan he's a nazzi. But you pulled it and it seems you aren't being very self-aware.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 17th, 2019, 10:40 am

Why the pissing match fellas? It doesn't seem like you guys are ever going to see eye to eye on this one. Can we just leave it at that?
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
cornia27LKGates

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » April 17th, 2019, 2:20 pm

aggies22 wrote:Why the pissing match fellas? It doesn't seem like you guys are ever going to see eye to eye on this one. Can we just leave it at that?
Sounds like 22 has some skeletons he doesn’t want dug up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » April 17th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Note to self. Never click on this thread ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » April 17th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Let’s lock this thread please!

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » April 17th, 2019, 4:31 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
I’ll just chime in that I remember reading about the “junk shot” thing. That was purely accidental. And he didn’t “send photos” of his junk. He had a blog where he wrote about his experiences in the NFL. One day he took a photo of a page of his playbook. Somehow no one noticed that he wasn’t wearing pants when he took the photo of the playbook in his lap and it ended up on the Internet for the entire world to see. The post got taken down pretty quickly, but it was out there for a couple hours. I thought the whole story was hilarious personally. Here is an article if anyone is really curious:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcspor ... s_hit.html

At any rate, it wasn’t like he was sending out random dick pics. He was posting his junk shot to the entire Internet, which is far more impressive in my mind.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » April 17th, 2019, 6:34 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 3:11 pm
Let’s lock this thread please!
"It should resolve of it's own volition"

Locked Previous topicNext topic