2019 TV Schedule Announced

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ususports

Re: 2019 TV Schedule Announced

Post by ususports » May 3rd, 2019, 4:01 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 1:48 pm
...but the fan base as a whole just sucks. If that is offensive sorry, but the truth often hurts. The worse thing about USU for me is the fan base.
Don't forget the rest. Logan is a small town that sucks. No quality coach, player, or human being would want to live in Cache Valley because it is just a horrible, undesirable place.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
aggies22

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » May 3rd, 2019, 4:17 pm

GeoAg wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 2:54 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 12:37 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 12:22 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 12:14 pm
:roll: Attacking warm weather fans does not grow a fan base.
Complaining about start times does not grow a fan base. I wish the game had a 1:00 kickoff, but it does not, and there are reasons why.
I disagree. Having games in the afternoons will grow a fan base. Next time our TV contracts are up, I would hope the powers that be will recognize disgruntled fans and find a network that will broadcast games at better times. If people at the national level want to watch our games they'll find them regardless of what channel they are on. If they aren't interested, it doesn't matter if we're on ABC. When was the last time any of us watched a MAC game on ESPN?

Any assumptions about my personal attendance at these games is misguided. I will be there. Always have been. I'm still upset about the game time. A packed Maverik stadium is a better product. An empty stadium devalues fan experience. A lower fan experience will only help our continued declining attendance. It's not rocket science.
I completely disagree. I now longer believe the start time has an impact based on last year when we had a great team, great start times, and crappy attendance.
Exactly this. Last year we had arguably our best team ever that was nationally ranked and steam rolled BYU in Provo to boot. We couldn't sell out a single home game for a 25 k stadium. Pretty sad.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » May 3rd, 2019, 4:20 pm

ususports wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 4:01 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 1:48 pm
...but the fan base as a whole just sucks. If that is offensive sorry, but the truth often hurts. The worse thing about USU for me is the fan base.
Don't forget the rest. Logan is a small town that sucks. No quality coach, player, or human being would want to live in Cache Valley because it is just a horrible, undesirable place.
That is your quote not mine. Lack of fan support yuup.

sneed

Post by sneed » May 3rd, 2019, 6:11 pm

Have we had good start times in the same year as playing BYU and BSU? I go either way like a lot of you. I don’t mind the cold either.... just wear a coat!

But I agree better start times on a year like this would really help grow the fan base. I drove to Boise last year for the last game like a lot of you - but my kids stayed in the hotel - same thing this year my kids will stay in the hotel instead of going to the night games (or stay home altogether). I will bring them to the games they won’t freeze at though.

Happy to have bad start times - means we are good but I LOVE the Facebook games. I won’t be sad if the conference decides to take less money to secure better start times.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » May 3rd, 2019, 6:29 pm

sneed wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 6:11 pm
Have we had good start times in the same year as playing BYU and BSU? I go either way like a lot of you. I don’t mind the cold either.... just wear a coat!

But I agree better start times on a year like this would really help grow the fan base. I drove to Boise last year for the last game like a lot of you - but my kids stayed in the hotel - same thing this year my kids will stay in the hotel instead of going to the night games (or stay home altogether). I will bring them to the games they won’t freeze at though.

Happy to have bad start times - means we are good but I LOVE the Facebook games. I won’t be sad if the conference decides to take less money to secure better start times.
I believe that better start times would help, but that that much.

This last season we had good start times for football, we won 11 games won the bowl ended up ranked in the final A.P. top 25 poll. We had very low attendance. Basketball won 28 games tied for the conference title, won the tournament went to the NCCA ended up ranked in the final poll, and we had one sellout, so with that great of a year the fans did not respond.

The folks on here care, at least most of us do, but the simple fact is we as fans are not getting it done, of the 12 schools in the MWC we have the second worse fan support. If we want people like coach Smith we can not expect the university to use more school funds or student funds to pay for salary increases, we need to step up and say we as fans need to do much more to continue the ride.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » May 3rd, 2019, 7:01 pm

So, it sounds like we won’t know kickoff times for the ESPN games until two weeks before kickoff? Is that accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » May 3rd, 2019, 7:05 pm

Anyone need any tips on staying warm during the November kicks DM me for details.

Hail Aggies!

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » May 3rd, 2019, 9:25 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:Anyone need any tips on staying warm during the November kicks DM me for details.

But are they legal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 3rd, 2019, 10:14 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 7:05 pm
Anyone need any tips on staying warm during the November kicks DM me for details.

I'm not snuggling with you again. I don't care how cold it gets...

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » May 3rd, 2019, 11:00 pm

Cheecho6 wrote:So, it sounds like we won’t know kickoff times for the ESPN games until two weeks before kickoff? Is that accurate?

I think it’s technically 12 days before

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » May 4th, 2019, 1:19 am

oleblu111 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 6:29 pm
sneed wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 6:11 pm

I believe that better start times would help, but that that much.

This last season we had good start times for football, we won 11 games won the bowl ended up ranked in the final A.P. top 25 poll. We had very low attendance. Basketball won 28 games tied for the conference title, won the tournament went to the NCCA ended up ranked in the final poll, and we had one sellout, so with that great of a year the fans did not respond.

The folks on here care, at least most of us do, but the simple fact is we as fans are not getting it done, of the 12 schools in the MWC we have the second worse fan support. If we want people like coach Smith we can not expect the university to use more school funds or student funds to pay for salary increases, we need to step up and say we as fans need to do much more to continue the ride.
We care in here, but we can do better. If anyone who posts on this board isn't already donating to Aggies Unlimited, they should. I bet just about everyone could afford 5 bucks a month. Every dollar us one dollar more to help keep quality coaches because it is one dollar less to fund the scholarships. Be part of the solution. We get so much more than we pay for as fans from USU in sports, especially last year. You can still get a season ticket for under $100 for heaven's sake.

And if you don't want to go to a cold late game, at least try to give your tickets away to someone who is willing to go out on a limb and do something drastic like layer up and wear a coat. 🙂
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
oleblu111

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » May 4th, 2019, 4:18 am

GeoAg wrote:
May 4th, 2019, 1:19 am
And if you don't want to go to a cold late game, at least try to give your tickets away to someone who is willing to go out on a limb and do something drastic like layer up and wear a coat. 🙂
Wear a coat?! Not a chance.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » May 6th, 2019, 7:20 am

I’ve only been an Aggie for 25 years - but in that time I have never seen our fan base consistently support football to the point where we could have a sole out season and not even close to two in a row.
Every year plenty of issues are brought up with the schedule. All of them are legitimate, but filling a 25k stadium should be fairly easy for a school that houses close to that many students every year.
Until our fan base can support the athletics department to a point where it is significant and consistent, the AD has no choice but to find funding elsewhere including TV contracts. We just don’t have a good enough fan base to really be able to dictate anything about scheduling.
I know the argument is, but if we started doing it the way I want then we can groom the next generation as Aggie fans and for some reason they will be so much different than their parents or grandparents and will all of a sudden flood the stadium with cash in pocket and fan spirit. Call me skeptical, but based on 25 years of actual data I don’t believe that is the answer. It’s frustrating as a fan, but it seems Aggie alumni and the local community just doesn’t see Aggie sports as a priority
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post:
aggies22

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » May 6th, 2019, 7:28 am

Chupamedia wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 7:20 am
I’ve only been an Aggie for 25 years - but in that time I have never seen our fan base consistently support football to the point where we could have a sole out season and not even close to two in a row.
Every year plenty of issues are brought up with the schedule. All of them are legitimate, but filling a 25k stadium should be fairly easy for a school that houses close to that many students every year.
Until our fan base can support the athletics department to a point where it is significant and consistent, the AD has no choice but to find funding elsewhere including TV contracts. We just don’t have a good enough fan base to really be able to dictate anything about scheduling.
I know the argument is, but if we started doing it the way I want then we can groom the next generation as Aggie fans and for some reason they will be so much different than their parents or grandparents and will all of a sudden flood the stadium with cash in pocket and fan spirit. Call me skeptical, but based on 25 years of actual data I don’t believe that is the answer. It’s frustrating as a fan, but it seems Aggie alumni and the local community just doesn’t see Aggie sports as a priority
Right on brother, lets hope somehow in the future the aggies become more of a priority.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » May 6th, 2019, 9:27 am

I think all of the excuses we typically hear went out the window after last year.
1. Our offense is boring - Gone
2. Night games are cold and suck - We had mostly day games and the weather was very good all year.
3. Our team sucks - We won 11 games and went to a bowl.
4. The teams we play are not interesting - This may have a little bit of traction, but when we compare it to our historical home game schedule, this year was just fine.

The excuses are ridiculous. It is time that Aggie fans call themselves out. Excuses don't bring progress.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
oleblu111aggies22

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » May 6th, 2019, 9:50 am

It's just the simple fact that one good year isn't enough. A lot of students and fans didn't know that the team was doing as well as they were until the season was nearly over. It takes the off season excitement and continued excellence for a couple of years. We could play at 3 pm each Saturday with 70 degree weather every game but the performance of the team is the dominating factor.

We can complain all day but it is going to take a couple of years for the fans to really show up and fill the stadium.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » May 6th, 2019, 9:57 am

I personally love the late starts.
Driving up from Salt Lake, I don't lose my entire Saturday, and just get a hotel in Logan for the night.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 3):
GeoAgaggies22Aggie_in_Idaho

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » May 6th, 2019, 10:09 am

Sl7vk wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 9:57 am
Driving up from Salt Lake, I don't lose my entire Saturday, and just get a hotel in Logan for the night.
This is my favorite set-up as well.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » May 6th, 2019, 5:02 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 10:09 am
Sl7vk wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 9:57 am
This is my favorite set-up as well.
Yep. Games that start between 1 and 3 are the worst in my view.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » May 15th, 2019, 1:14 pm

As was anticipated, our Wake Forrest game is on the ACC Network. Kickoff is 6PM MT
These users thanked the author GeorgiaAggie for the post:
BigBlueDart

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » May 15th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Unfortunately, no ACC network on YouTubeTV. I'll find a way to watch, though.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » May 15th, 2019, 4:30 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Technically the ACC Network isn't available anywhere right now. It's a brand new network launching in August. That being said, they don't currently have any contracts signed with YouTube TV. It will be available on Hulu but availability in Utah looks to be pretty limited.

EDIT: Right now it looks like ACCN will be available on DirecTV, Hulu and PSVue in Utah at launch (along with Google Fiber in Provo)

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » May 15th, 2019, 4:41 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 4:30 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Technically the ACC Network isn't available anywhere right now. It's a brand new network launching in August. That being said, they don't currently have any contracts signed with YouTube TV. It will be available on Hulu but availability in Utah looks to be pretty limited.

EDIT: Right now it looks like ACCN will be available on DirecTV, Hulu and PSVue in Utah at launch (along with Google Fiber in Provo)
Aren't we all fortunate to be able to have the chat function where we can interact with friends and ... uh ... listen to Al ... or somebody on the radio calling the game.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » May 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Full wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 3:44 pm
oleblu111 wrote: Ticket revenue has remained about the same since 2012 if memory serves.
I bet football seating “donations” have increased. My guess would be that that part has almost doubled. I’m not sure how that is offset by decking basketball attendance.
I can tell you that the suite level boxes have a long waiting list on them and increasing prices this year. This is something they are hoping to address with the east side in the future.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 15th, 2019, 5:30 pm

I bet the ACC just feels so blest to get this shiny new network that almost nobody will be able to watch!

Money issues aside, I love having games on FB just for the accessibility.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
ProvoAggie

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » May 15th, 2019, 7:17 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Full wrote:
oleblu111 wrote: Ticket revenue has remained about the same since 2012 if memory serves.
I bet football seating “donations” have increased. My guess would be that that part has almost doubled. I’m not sure how that is offset by decking basketball attendance.
I can tell you that the suite level boxes have a long waiting list on them and increasing prices this year. This is something they are hoping to address with the east side in the future.

The revenue from donations to be able to rent a suite go directly on the debt which we have on the stadium remodel, when paid off revenue could be up and expense down. If 20 suites sell for $50,000 that is a large chunk of change. I believe that was the price, could be wrong as my budget could not afford to buy that kind of luxury.

It surprised me that they sold suites out so quick, but the east side seats that only cost $115 for a season ticket are a hard sell.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » May 15th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Does anyone know if Comcast will carry ACC Network?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » May 15th, 2019, 8:10 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Does anyone know if Comcast will carry ACC Network?

Right now it's not looking like it but things could change. That being said, these conferences tend to want more than their conferences are worth and if Comcast doesn't see the value in it then they may not.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » May 15th, 2019, 9:47 pm

Very true, and that might be the only game I watch on that network all season.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » May 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:17 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Full wrote:

The revenue from donations to be able to rent a suite go directly on the debt which we have on the stadium remodel, when paid off revenue could be up and expense down. If 20 suites sell for $50,000 that is a large chunk of change. I believe that was the price, could be wrong as my budget could not afford to buy that kind of luxury.

It surprised me that they sold suites out so quick, but the east side seats that only cost $115 for a season ticket are a hard sell.
They are hoping to address with with more luxury suites on the East side in the future. I have seen 2 different sets of preliminary proposals that would address this. I think both are a bit far off at this point and no guarantee that either will ever happen.
One includes a relatively minor upgrade to the east side with a 2 story building where the bathrooms are now. The other is far more expensive and major. Includes demo of a good part of Aggie village, new basketball arena and double sided suites to be used for basketball and football with a covered concourse area.

I doubt we will see either of these anytime soon but it is nice to dream right.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » May 16th, 2019, 1:03 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm
The other is far more expensive and major. Includes demo of a good part of Aggie village, new basketball arena and double sided suites to be used for basketball and football with a covered concourse area.
I like it.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » May 17th, 2019, 10:31 am

Lots of 8pm local time starts for the ACC too. Not so sure we are the only ones complaining about late time starts. Life is good, just appreciate what we have. It's good.

Locked Previous topicNext topic