San Jose State

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ThunderAggie

San Jose State

Post by ThunderAggie » April 19th, 2019, 9:00 pm

Their 2 leading scorers are transferring or have already transferred.

Leading scorer and rebounder Michael Steadman transferring to Montana. (idk why as he had offers from big P5 schools)
https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/coll ... 479f2.html

And Noah Baumann (the man who torched us on the 3 point line each time we played them) is transferring to USC.
https://247sports.com/college/usc/Artic ... 131254110/

They also have the 145th ranked recruiting class with only 1 JUCO and 1 high school player as of now. They continue to lower our conference's strength. Feel bad for them and I don't blame the guys for leaving, but the future does not look good in either football or basketball for that program and it has just been downward for a while...

ViAggie

Re: San Jose State

Post by ViAggie » April 22nd, 2019, 7:13 pm

Lets trade the WAC for NMSU. I'm ready.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 22nd, 2019, 8:02 pm

ViAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:13 pm
NMSU has good basketball, but football is awful, they pay their football coach's less than any other D-1 school.. I doubt that New Mexico will ever want them in a conference with them kind of like the ewe and USU.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » April 22nd, 2019, 9:27 pm

The topic of what SJS doesn’t bring to the MWC comes up frequently. IMO too frequently. They can’t be kicked out for poor performance. There will be no trade with the WAC. There is nothing to suggest that they will voluntarily leave the conference.

The only way for MWC schools to be rid of SJS is for the fed-up members to hold an “airport” meeting and form a new conference. And you can bet USU will not be one of the instigators of such a move because when the music stops we may not have a chair. More likely (yet still unlikely) is that the best of the MWC and the AAC get together to form said conference. That would not be a good situation for USU either.

So for now we simply abide SJS and hope their basketball and football programs improve. In the meantime it’s in our interests not to lose to them.

JFWAggie

Post by JFWAggie » April 22nd, 2019, 9:57 pm

utaggies wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 9:27 pm
The topic of what SJS doesn’t bring to the MWC comes up frequently. IMO too frequently. They can’t be kicked out for poor performance. There will be no trade with the WAC. There is nothing to suggest that they will voluntarily leave the conference.

The only way for MWC schools to be rid of SJS is for the fed-up members to hold an “airport” meeting and form a new conference. And you can bet USU will not be one of the instigators of such a move because when the music stops we may not have a chair. More likely (yet still unlikely) is that the best of the MWC and the AAC get together to form said conference. That would not be a good situation for USU either.

So for now we simply abide SJS and hope their basketball and football programs improve. In the meantime it’s in our interests not to lose to them.
Something needs to be done with SJSU, the presidents need to get together and create metrics that need to be met regarding attendance and on the field results, if those are not met they either don’t get as much of the tv money or are kicked out of the conference

LKGates

Post by LKGates » April 22nd, 2019, 11:29 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 9:57 pm
utaggies wrote:

Something needs to be done with SJSU, the presidents need to get together and create metrics that need to be met regarding attendance and on the field results, if those are not met they either don’t get as much of the tv money or are kicked out of the conference
A couple of things could either happen, or be done.
They could be stupid and have a major NCAA violation. If they got the death penalty, they'd be out of the conference.
The conference could stipulate that attendance at home football games must be counted by actual butts in seats, not seats sold. It is still an NCAA rule that FBS schools must average 15,000 attendance on a rolling average over two years. Now, the conference might not want to do that, because other schools probably wouldn't make the cut either. Actually, I just looked it up, and SJSU fell under the 15,000 mark this year, at 14,255. And that was probably seats sold, not butts in seats. Watching some of their games, there probably weren't 5,000 people in the stands. UNLV, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah State were all above the line, but not by much.
Anyway, it looks like if SJSU has another year averaging under 15,000, they could be demoted involuntarily to FCS, and kicked out of the conference.
So there's that.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » April 23rd, 2019, 3:47 am

JFWAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 9:57 pm
utaggies wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: No. I am not going to take the bait!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 23rd, 2019, 9:24 am

oleblu111 wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 8:02 pm
ViAggie wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 7:13 pm
NMSU has good basketball, but football is awful, they pay their football coach's less than any other D-1 school.. I doubt that New Mexico will ever want them in a conference with them kind of like the ewe and USU.
San Jose Sucks at both, at least NMSU can win a game or two (see our bowl game vs them a few years ago).

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 23rd, 2019, 9:29 am

utaggies wrote:

I don't see that happening either, but I would like to continue to pitch my idea of a European Futbal Division Hierarchy idea that I wish was NCAA wide. The schools P5's would never go for it, especially the lower echelon schools. Maybe the non P5's could do something like this. Again, wont happen.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » April 23rd, 2019, 11:57 am

What does this say about USC basketball if they're picking up an SJSU transfer?

I said this in other places on this forum: Baumann can shoot, but he has the worst handles that I've ever seen on a D1 guard.
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
aggies22

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Hoopsnut
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hoopsnut » April 23rd, 2019, 12:09 pm

918AGG wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 11:57 am
What does this say about USC basketball if they're picking up an SJSU transfer?

I said this in other places on this forum: Baumann can shoot, but he has the worst handles that I've ever seen on a D1 guard.
What does it say about Gonzaga?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » April 24th, 2019, 1:57 pm

To add insult to injury they are destroying their historic trackfield where Olympic legends John Carlos and Tommie Smith trained for the 1968 Olympics to build a freaking parking lot. One of the few things San Jose State has in the world of sports that is symbolic and impressive and they are destroying it. They are just a poorly run University when it comes to sports. I'm surprised they even have sports with how little they seem to care.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/ktvu-local-new ... or-parking

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 24th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Did not I read where they raised $40 million in private money to build a new football complex which is going to be attached to their stadium ? I looks to me like they are doing something.

Blitz79

Post by Blitz79 » April 24th, 2019, 4:56 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 1:57 pm
To add insult to injury they are destroying their historic trackfield where Olympic legends John Carlos and Tommie Smith trained for the 1968 Olympics to build a freaking parking lot. One of the few things San Jose State has in the world of sports that is symbolic and impressive and they are destroying it. They are just a poorly run University when it comes to sports. I'm surprised they even have sports with how little they seem to care.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/ktvu-local-new ... or-parking
Bah, I'm not a big historic value guy. Reality is if you want to preserve something than you buy and keep it. It has to be something really amazing, otherwise... :nono:

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » May 17th, 2019, 3:45 pm

No other school but New Messico?
???

Roll Aggies!!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic