With Queta coming back I'm calling it.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ChicAggie

Re: With Queta coming back I'm calling it.

Post by ChicAggie » May 28th, 2019, 9:54 pm

nvspuds wrote:Fair enough..I am not trying to rattle anybody's cage..I thought the 'low quality 'thing was a cheap shot but so did others here.

I do see lots of comments about Nevada basketball on this board..I never read your football board.

Just enjoy the ride..Nevada has exactly nothing to do with whether you will have a good season or not. There is currently 2 players who were on the active roster for the Pack last year. It is a completely different team with a new coach. How they did last year is indicative of nothing..Your season will play out how it plays out..
The “low quality” comments about the character of Nevada’s players come from one or two posters. I wouldn’t read anything into one or two comments other than every team has a handful of fans who seem to take unsubstantiated negative positions about rival teams. Those comments certainly do not represent the majority view.

Your suggestion that this forum includes “lots of comments” about Nevada is also overstated. Have you ever heard of “confirmation bias” and the “self-relevance effect?” Those are psychological tendencies to look for things that confirm what you already believe and disregard things that you don’t and the tendency to notice things relevant to yourself more than things that do not seem as relevant to you. When you look at this board, you are most interested in comments about Nevada. Those are the ones you focus on, so it may seem like there are a lot more comments than there really are. I would bet you $100 that fewer than 1% of the posts on the basketball board over the last year mention Nevada.

Finally, your last paragraph misses the point entirely. No one is suggesting that you have high expectations based on this past year’s performance. What they are saying is that last year you came into the season with high expectations based on the prior year’s performance, and the team did not quite live up to those expectations. It is a fair cautionary observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » May 28th, 2019, 9:55 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 9:46 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 9:02 pm
I fail to see how this thread resembles anything from Provo.....at. all.
No?

- Declaration of championships before they happen.
- declaration of success levels reached only once before in the modern era.
- moral high ground being claimed over a rival.

No resemblance there huh?
-The declaration of MWC championship is vastly different than national champion, nah?
-Returning meaningful players, heck yes we should be just as good if not much better!
-To be fair we did not go storming the other teams locker room

Where only sage brush grows

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » May 28th, 2019, 10:02 pm

I am not understanding this notion that Nevada had a "let down" season last year..Nevada had a fine season and got an at large bid..They played as well as they could..They didn't shoot well and they had some injuries down the stretch. But the season was a success. The expectations came from the outside. The Pack had a nice mid major school season. It is hard to win in the NCAA. I have no complaints about last year's team at all..

What Nevada did or didn't do last year has exactly no bearing on how your team will do this year.
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post (total 2):
donlarson8USU78

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » May 28th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:- Declaration of championships before they happen.
Predicting that a team is likely to defend its championship after returning every single key piece including the conference player of the year and the defensive player of the year, particularly when the chief challenger to that crown looks to be having a down year hardly seems zoobiesque.
“Roy McAvoy” wrote:- declaration of success levels reached only once before in the modern era.
If you don’t recognize that this looks like potentially the best Aggie team of the modern era, then perhaps you haven’t been paying attention.
“Roy McAvoy” wrote:- moral high ground being claimed over a rival.
OK, you’ve got me there. I don’t like that crap either. But in fairness, that wasn’t the entire thread. That was one or two posters.
“Roy McAvoy” wrote:No resemblance there huh?
Not really. “Zoobiesque” seems to be defined by outlandishly unreasonable expectations, predictions, and claims of superiority. I don’t really see that here. Most of the predictions here seem fairly reasonable. Optimistic? Yes. Unreasonable? No.

These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post (total 3):
MrBiggleflying_scotsman2.0Real Life Aggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 28th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Is predicting that USU wins A tournament game really that Byu-ish?

BYU-ish would be if Queta left only to not get drafted or signed anywhere ; Merrill was outed up for taking booster bribes to visit the Funpark (and not for country swing night)... and then we still predicted
we go to the sweet 16...

OP predicted we may win a tournament game and may win the MWC again. Was it even specific to the MWC tourney? I don’t remember.

The point is, it’s just a prediction. When I was 12 I predicted I’d be shacking up with Victoria Secret models by now. Instead I just had half burnt/ and still somewhat cold chicken nuggets

What can I say, some predictions come true, and some don’t. But if anyone deserves a Victoria Secret model it’s Queta and if there is ever one at country swing dancing...

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 28th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:07 pm

BYU-ish would be if Queta left only to not get drafted or signed anywhere ; Merrill was outed up for taking booster bribes to visit the Funpark (and not for country swing night)... and then we still predicted
we go to the sweet 16...

OP predicted we may win a tournament game and may win the MWC again. Was it even specific to the MWC tourney? I don’t remember.

The point is, it’s just a prediction. When I was 12 I predicted I’d be shacking up with Victoria Secret models by now. Instead I just had half burnt/ and still somewhat cold chicken nuggets

What can I say, some predictions come true, and some don’t. But if anyone deserves a Victoria Secret model it’s Queta and if there is ever one at country swing dancing...
The attitude seemed a lot more like it was a certain as opposed to a “prediction”.

ChicAggie

With Queta coming back I'm calling it.

Post by ChicAggie » May 28th, 2019, 10:11 pm

nvspuds wrote:What Nevada did or didn't do last year has exactly no bearing on how your team will do this year.
Of course. There is literally not a single living person who believes that what Nevada did or did not do last season has any bearing on how the Aggies will do this season. But Nevada was not cited as a “cause and effect” example, it was simply cited as a cautionary tale.

As far as whether Nevada met or did not meet expectations last season, I know they certainly did not meet mine. Coming into the season, I truly believed Nevada would dominate the conference (likely go undefeated), end the season as a top-5 team, and contend for the Final Four. Truly. Sounds like you had far lower expectations for your team than I did.

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » May 28th, 2019, 10:18 pm

So, if you were to get an at large bid from perhaps the 15th best conference in the country and lose in the first round
(something 32 teams, mostly mid majors), do every year the Aggies would represent a "cautionary tale" for some other mid major team ?

What a completely different Nevada team did last year is meaningless..

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 28th, 2019, 10:22 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

we go to the sweet 16...

The attitude seemed a lot more like it was a certain as opposed to a “prediction”.
When I was a kid I was always told to say my opinions with confidence and not to downplay it with things like
“I think”

When I was an older teen and young adult I was told that saying things with confidence and without disclaimers like “I think” or “in my opinion” make me an opinionated a-hole.

Either way, I think it’s a prediction. No one has a crystal ball. Obviously a lot of things can go wrong like “Victoria Secret model brothel at the Logan Funpark-Gate”

Or... a torn Achilles...or SDSU is just better.

Until we play the game it’s fine to be the opinionated a-hole to an extent. Just make a prediction and if it’s true- good choice. If it’s not, you’ll live (usually)

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » May 28th, 2019, 10:42 pm

nvspuds wrote:So, if you were to get an at large bid from perhaps the 15th best conference in the country and lose in the first round
(something 32 teams, mostly mid majors), do every year the Aggies would represent a "cautionary tale" for some other mid major team ?

OMG, NV. Is this really the hill you want to die on? Why is this a battle you think is worth fighting? You can pick nits and quibble about just how disappointing Nevada’s season was, but there is absolutely no question that it was disappointing to most Nevada fans, even if not for you. Nevada was ranked No. 7 in the country preseason. I believe they make up have climbed as high as No. 5 at one point. The media and fans alike believed Nevada was a potential final four team. They did not achieve the level of success that most thought they would. That is the only point.

Typically, I think you are a fairly reasonable poster. But coming here and repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again doesn’t make it any more true. We all agree that what Nevada did last year is irrelevant to what the Aggies might do this year. Again, nobody is suggesting anything different.

But your equating the Aggies hypothetically getting beat in the first round of the NCAA tournament this year as an at-large team to Nevada losing last season suggests that you simply don’t get the point the poster made about Nevada. See my post above for what I truly believed was a reasonably optimistic expectation for Nevada last season. No one here has posited that the Aggies should dominate the conference, finish the season as a top-5 team, and vie for the Final Four. If that truly were the reasonable expectation for the Aggies, but they didn’t dominate the conference, made the tournament as an at-large team, and were upset in the first round by a 10 seed, then, yes, I would say that should be a cautionary tale to a team with high expectations based on the prior year’s performance.

These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post (total 2):
Roy McAvoyflying_scotsman2.0

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 28th, 2019, 10:44 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 9:46 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 9:02 pm
I fail to see how this thread resembles anything from Provo.....at. all.
No?

- Declaration of championships before they happen.
- declaration of success levels reached only once before in the modern era.
- moral high ground being claimed over a rival.

No resemblance there huh?
Exactly. We don’t even know our schedule yet but we’re picking us to have a better record. At least wait until the schedule comes out to start making any predictions.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » May 28th, 2019, 10:58 pm

There is literally no reason not to get excited for next year, no one is calling us to win the Natty and every expectation I've seen thrown out is entirely reasonable.

You have a top-25, MW reg season and tournament champion team returning just about every important player, every fan base in the country would/should be excited for what we have in place for next year. Hype is a thing, let's hype this thing up and fill the Spectrum every damn game.

Also whats the end goal? If we lose a few more games than expected or have some injuries, come in 2nd or worse in conf play, etc., are you excited to say "told you so"? Like what do you get out of it exactly?

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » May 28th, 2019, 11:32 pm

Honestly, lots of us feel we have something special going on. It is completely reasonable to have high expectations. Sadly some of us aggies suffer from zoob derangement syndrome. I have listened to both radio interviews with Craig Smith today. The man knows how to be successful in this conference. I also listen to the Aggie legends podcast with Quinn Taylor today. Those of you that have not listen to that I highly highly recommend you listen to it. There was a lot of insight to to the program during the Turdyea years. Quinn mentioned that most of the players were not that excited when he was even hired. He went on and on about the positive aspects of Coach Smith. The hype is real. We're going to see the spectrum Rockin next year. As the coach says pressure is a privilege.

I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that any member of the basketball team would not think the bold prediction from the OP is unreasonable. And I'm sure they love seeing the fans have the same high expectations they do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author bigblue for the post:
MetsJetsAggies

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » May 29th, 2019, 1:34 am

I don’t see a single prediction or statement from anyone in this thread that is outlandish or unreasonable. We will likely be a pre-season top 25 team. We will likely be the favorites to win the conference again - which means we will likely go to the NCAA tournament again. And predicting we take one more step and win a tournament game now that we’ve been there once with these players is not an unreasonable prediction. Nobody is predicting a Top 10 team and a Final Four run (or even reaching the Sweet Sixteen). I would a thousand times rather be in a position to make optimistic but reasonable predictions like these than wondering if by some miracle we might end in the upper half of the conference. Excitement, optimism and possibilities puts people in the seats. We should be stoking those fires all day long without apology. I truly believe this is the best time to be an Aggie in my lifetime for football and basketball (I’m 53). Let’s enjoy it a little bit.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 3):
MetsJetsAggiesflying_scotsman2.0ChicAggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 29th, 2019, 7:36 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 8:54 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 8:28 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Amazing how we have one decent season and all of a sudden we start talking exactly like another local team’s fan base is accused of talking.
Exactly. I’m very excited about next year but this thread is very Zoobie-esque.
Disagree. The “will we go undefeated” thread was zoobiesque. This one contains pretty much what one would expect for a team that won both the regular season and tourney titles last season, returns every key piece including the conference MVP and defensive MVP, and has seemingly upgraded at every other spot - potentially significantly. Predicting winning a couple more games than last year and winning an NCAA game seems like a very reasonable prediction.

We did get absolutely destroyed by a mediocre pac 12 team in the tournament.

Last year we couldn’t beat any legit teams on a neutral court because of our point guard play. We have only 1 PG on the entire roster, and he isn’t overly athletic and commits an astronomical amount of turnovers any time an athletic team pressures us. Merrill can’t do it all.

Brito is seemingly the backup PG and he also gets out of whack against any real athleticism and starts turning the ball over a lot.
We actually got destroyed by the best team the pac 12 had to offer. And I think they were in or near the top 25 for most the season. That's not a good excuse, obviously, but to call them a mediocre pac 12 team seems to sell us short.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
ChicAggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 29th, 2019, 7:38 am

ChicAggie wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:42 pm
nvspuds wrote:So, if you were to get an at large bid from perhaps the 15th best conference in the country and lose in the first round

OMG, NV. Is this really the hill you want to die on? Why is this a battle you think is worth fighting? You can pick nits and quibble about just how disappointing Nevada’s season was, but there is absolutely no question that it was disappointing to most Nevada fans, even if not for you. Nevada was ranked No. 7 in the country preseason. I believe they make up have climbed as high as No. 5 at one point. The media and fans alike believed Nevada was a potential final four team. They did not achieve the level of success that most thought they would. That is the only point.

Typically, I think you are a fairly reasonable poster. But coming here and repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again doesn’t make it any more true. We all agree that what Nevada did last year is irrelevant to what the Aggies might do this year. Again, nobody is suggesting anything different.

But your equating the Aggies hypothetically getting beat in the first round of the NCAA tournament this year as an at-large team to Nevada losing last season suggests that you simply don’t get the point the poster made about Nevada. See my post above for what I truly believed was a reasonably optimistic expectation for Nevada last season. No one here has posited that the Aggies should dominate the conference, finish the season as a top-5 team, and vie for the Final Four. If that truly were the reasonable expectation for the Aggies, but they didn’t dominate the conference, made the tournament as an at-large team, and were upset in the first round by a 10 seed, then, yes, I would say that should be a cautionary tale to a team with high expectations based on the prior year’s performance.

**you're

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 29th, 2019, 7:40 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:22 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

we go to the sweet 16...

When I was a kid I was always told to say my opinions with confidence and not to downplay it with things like
“I think”

When I was an older teen and young adult I was told that saying things with confidence and without disclaimers like “I think” or “in my opinion” make me an opinionated a-hole.

Either way, I think it’s a prediction. No one has a crystal ball. Obviously a lot of things can go wrong like “Victoria Secret model brothel at the Logan Funpark-Gate”

Or... a torn Achilles...or SDSU is just better.

Until we play the game it’s fine to be the opinionated a-hole to an extent. Just make a prediction and if it’s true- good choice. If it’s not, you’ll live (usually)
I always state my opinions, followed by a resounding "damn it" just to prove how confident I am. Example: USU will win the natty this year, damn it.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
Real Life Aggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » May 29th, 2019, 7:50 am

I'm excited to see what next year brings. The older I get, the more I appreciate what happened last year. We had a long stretch of poor play, and it was nice to get back on track. The MWC is tough. We shouldn't take any win for granted. I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment when we don't even know the schedule. For me, it is easier to enjoy the season when I'm not focused on going undefeated.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » May 29th, 2019, 8:00 am

N8boz wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 7:38 pm
utaggies wrote:Not to be Debby-downer, but we should perhaps remember Nevada’s expectations this past year after going to the Sweet 16 the year before. Just sayin’.
Nevada had a roster full of low quality people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I disagree. There were some very fine people on both sides of the Spectrum tunnel that night. The low quality people that were at Reno last year are now in the tolerant utopia of Arkansas, a place where any 9 year old biracial child can feel safe.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » May 29th, 2019, 8:43 am

All I know is, Aggie basketball is fun again.

I'm gonna have fun following them for the entire season, something I hadn't done for a while

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 29th, 2019, 9:02 am

Forgive me for simply trying to put some water on the fire of beating our chests and declaring ourselves champions of everything before a game is played next year. I am just going to enjoy next year and not put that stuff on them. We've won 1 NCAA game in our last 18 tries.

I'll stop though. Carry on with the lofty expectations.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » May 29th, 2019, 9:15 am

I do have high hopes for next season. But Roy is right, we have 1 tournament win in the past 46 seasons and that win took a triple pump fake shot at the buzzer and then overtime just to accomplish that single feat.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » May 29th, 2019, 9:25 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 7:38 am
**you're
LOL. I find it somewhat ironic that one of the minority of posters on this forum who seems to care about ensuring his posts are generally grammatically correct is getting called out for what would theoretically be a far less serious grammatical error than about 20 others in this very thread -- if it were actually a grammatical error. But it is not. If you read my poorly constructed sentence again, you will see that I said that "your equating . . . suggests that you simply don't get the point . . . ." NOT "you are equating . . . suggests, etc." A gerund is a noun, so "your equating" refers to "his equating." The use of "you're" would make absolutely no sense in that context. I do agree that the sentence is poorly constructed given that you, dear reader, were confused by it.

By the way, I think most people misuse "you" and "your" in connection with a gerund in various contexts. For example, most people would probably say "I appreciate you getting back to me," when it should technically be "I appreciate your getting back to me."

Not sure if you were actually trying to correct me or call me out, but either way, don't feel too bad for missing the boat (or as many posters might say, "don't feel to bad").

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » May 29th, 2019, 9:26 am

One difference from the vast majority of our history as an NCAA tourney team is that "if" we can have the same type of performance as last year (I think we'll be better) we should be the higher seeded team and thus actually favored to win the game.

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » May 29th, 2019, 9:27 am

now that's funny!!! no matter who you are!! or it that you're!!

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » May 29th, 2019, 9:31 am

Fingers crossed for a memorable (in a good way) season.

It would be amazing if both the basketball and football teams could duplicate (or better) last year's success!

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » May 29th, 2019, 9:33 am

aggiesdotcom wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 9:15 am
I do have high hopes for next season. But Roy is right, we have 1 tournament win in the past 46 seasons and that win took a triple pump fake shot at the buzzer and then overtime just to accomplish that single feat.
I don't think anybody is ENSURING a tournament win, but with the magic Coach Smith worked last season, the performance of last season's team exceeding all expectations, the return of virtually every key part of last year's team, and the apparent upgrades up and down the lineup, it seems like a rational prediction. Far more rational than saying the Aggies are only 1-18 in the tournament over our last 18 appearances, so that means we are unlikely to win a tournament game this season. What do past Aggie teams have to do with this particular Aggie team? This Aggie team looks to me like the best Aggie team since the days of Marv Roberts and Nate Williams.

Indeed, I will bet anyone right now $100 that the Aggies win at least 1 tournament game this season. I'm sure the Vegas odds are strongly against me at this point since this would mean that the Aggies would have to stay sufficiently healthy and either win the conference or finish with a high enough NET rating to garner an at-large bid, not to mention actually win the game -- but I'll take the bet anyway. I'm expecting that all you naysayers should line up for that.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » May 29th, 2019, 9:47 am

I agree with what has been said here. Getting Queta back next year is great.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » May 29th, 2019, 9:48 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 9:54 pm
utaggies wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 7:27 pm
Not to be Debby-downer, but we should perhaps remember Nevada’s expectations this past year after going to the Sweet 16 the year before. Just sayin’.
Team chemistry was a mess, that's what happens when you build a team around transfers sometimes. Plus they still had a pretty damn good year. Definitely missed their 3 pt shooter in the tourney though
I am excited for Aggie basketball next season and have great hopes of the team even exceeding its accomplishments of this past season - as great as they were. But ChicAggie is right about Nevada’s disappointing end to its season. In the first week of January Nevada fans were poll watching, reveling in a Top 5 ranking and holding high hopes of a #2 seed in the NCAA tourney. Then the NM game brought them all back to earth with a thud.

I am going to try to temper my expectations and enjoy the ride. My days of throwing my shoe at the TV after an Aggie loss are long over. I will say that Stew may have been wrong about something he said. The upcoming season may be the “golden age” of Aggie basketball and one which USU fans look back in fondness for years to come. I plan to have a front row seat to witness it.

Go Aggies! :utah: :state:

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » May 29th, 2019, 9:57 am

All I can tell you is that I am so excited about Queta returning and the prospects for the Aggies next season that I have had more posts in the last 24 hours than any 24-hour period of my 19-ish years on Aggie forums.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 29th, 2019, 10:46 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
May 28th, 2019, 10:22 pm
“I think”

Not to focus to much on this aside, but context matters in language. In some cases removing phrases like "I think" strengthens a statement by removing indicators of opinion. In other cases including words like "I think" is a gesture of generosity - you're allowing room for alternative, wrong, points of view because you're being nice to the fool you're engaging in discourse.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » May 29th, 2019, 11:11 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:Forgive me for simply trying to put some water on the fire of beating our chests and declaring ourselves champions of everything
That's quite the hyperbolic statement. Personally I like seeing the lofty expectations even though my expectations differ. I am more reserved along with you but I just don't see the need to compare them to the zoobs when if you look at any fan board to any school after a successful season, there are going to be a few fans that have those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 29th, 2019, 12:18 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 9:33 am
aggiesdotcom wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 9:15 am
I don't think anybody is ENSURING a tournament win, but with the magic Coach Smith worked last season, the performance of last season's team exceeding all expectations, the return of virtually every key part of last year's team, and the apparent upgrades up and down the lineup, it seems like a rational prediction. Far more rational than saying the Aggies are only 1-18 in the tournament over our last 18 appearances, so that means we are unlikely to win a tournament game this season. What do past Aggie teams have to do with this particular Aggie team? This Aggie team looks to me like the best Aggie team since the days of Marv Roberts and Nate Williams.

Indeed, I will bet anyone right now $100 that the Aggies win at least 1 tournament game this season. I'm sure the Vegas odds are strongly against me at this point since this would mean that the Aggies would have to stay sufficiently healthy and either win the conference or finish with a high enough NET rating to garner an at-large bid, not to mention actually win the game -- but I'll take the bet anyway. I'm expecting that all you naysayers should line up for that.
I'll bet you $5,000 the Aggies win at least 1 tournament game this upcoming season.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » May 29th, 2019, 12:28 pm

Which tournament?
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
treesap32

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » May 29th, 2019, 12:29 pm

I'm obviously very excited about this season, but I'll be shocked if we can get through the first round of the tourney... that really isn't my "standard of excellence" though. It seems like every year we just "get a bad match-up," when the reality is that we have a tough time hanging with elite athleticism.

I'm more concerned about MW conference play, which I think that we will do well in.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Locked Previous topicNext topic