With Queta coming back I'm calling it.

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ChicAggie

Re: With Queta coming back I'm calling it.

Post by ChicAggie » May 29th, 2019, 12:31 pm

treesap32 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 12:18 pm
I'll bet you $5,000 the Aggies win at least 1 tournament game this upcoming season.
I see what you did there. OK, let me be more specific: I'll bet anyone $100 that the Aggies win at least one game in the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Tournament aka March Madness. :)

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 29th, 2019, 12:38 pm

NVAggie wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 12:28 pm
Which tournament?

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » May 29th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 9:02 am
Forgive me for simply trying to put some water on the fire of beating our chests and declaring ourselves champions of everything before a game is played next year. I am just going to enjoy next year and not put that stuff on them. We've won 1 NCAA game in our last 18 tries.

I'll stop though. Carry on with the lofty expectations.
Chicken Little attitude. Only 1 of those last 18 tries have anything to do with next year's Aggie team, and I have a feeling they will be out to redeem themselves for that effort. Who cares what Stews teams did or didn't do in the tourney, next year has nothing to do with any of that

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » May 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 2:52 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Forgive me for simply trying to put some water on the fire of beating our chests and declaring ourselves champions of everything before a game is played next year. I am just going to enjoy next year and not put that stuff on them. We've won 1 NCAA game in our last 18 tries.

Chicken Little attitude. Only 1 of those last 18 tries have anything to do with next year's Aggie team, and I have a feeling they will be out to redeem themselves for that effort. Who cares what Stews teams did or didn't do in the tourney, next year has nothing to do with any of that
It is all about match ups in the NCAA tourney. Even if we get an at large bid, I will not feel comfortably saying we will get a win until I see who we play.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » May 29th, 2019, 4:11 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 2:56 pm
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

It is all about match ups in the NCAA tourney. Even if we get an at large bid, I will not feel comfortably saying we will get a win until I see who we play.
Agreed 100%. Best way to avoid that is to get a 6 seed or better. That should be the goal, anything 6-7 or better would be pretty huge

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » May 29th, 2019, 5:04 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 9:25 am
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
May 29th, 2019, 7:38 am
**you're
LOL. I find it somewhat ironic that one of the minority of posters on this forum who seems to care about ensuring his posts are generally grammatically correct is getting called out for what would theoretically be a far less serious grammatical error than about 20 others in this very thread -- if it were actually a grammatical error. But it is not. If you read my poorly constructed sentence again, you will see that I said that "your equating . . . suggests that you simply don't get the point . . . ." NOT "you are equating . . . suggests, etc." A gerund is a noun, so "your equating" refers to "his equating." The use of "you're" would make absolutely no sense in that context. I do agree that the sentence is poorly constructed given that you, dear reader, were confused by it.

By the way, I think most people misuse "you" and "your" in connection with a gerund in various contexts. For example, most people would probably say "I appreciate you getting back to me," when it should technically be "I appreciate your getting back to me."

Not sure if you were actually trying to correct me or call me out, but either way, don't feel too bad for missing the boat (or as many posters might say, "don't feel to bad").
Hahaha, I don't really care, just picking fights for fun on a forum because apparently that is the type of person I am. Time for some introspection. I appreciate you getting back to me tho. :lol:

utaggies

Post by utaggies » May 29th, 2019, 5:26 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

Hold on a minute. BYU won the mythical football championship 35 years ago. That should count for something this year!

Locked Previous topicNext topic