The week 0 of world cup soccer qualifying is tonight

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
GameFAQSAggie

The week 0 of world cup soccer qualifying is tonight

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 5th, 2019, 3:39 pm

Similar to how we get excited that college football is here just cause there's a game, any game in the third weekend of August, known as week 0, when the only game will be Abilene Christian and Georgia State, we have the week 0 of world cup soccer qualifying, with the Asia Confederation having their first six qualifying games including Mongolia, Cambodia, Guam, etc. who are the Abilene Christians of soccer. For the right to move to the second round of qualifying.

trombone_ninja

Re: The week 0 of world cup soccer qualifying is tonight

Post by trombone_ninja » June 5th, 2019, 7:04 pm

USA losing to Jamaica tonight isn’t giving much hope for WCQ, even if it was “just a friendly” with an “experimental roster”

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » June 5th, 2019, 8:22 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 7:04 pm
USA losing to Jamaica tonight isn’t giving much hope for WCQ, even if it was “just a friendly” with an “experimental roster”
Aside from Bradley and Altidore that team was very inexperienced. I'm just glad Arena isn't around. Hopefully we really do have a plan moving forward.

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » June 5th, 2019, 8:39 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 8:22 pm
trombone_ninja wrote:
Aside from Bradley and Altidore that team was very inexperienced. I'm just glad Arena isn't around. Hopefully we really do have a plan moving forward.
Jamaica played well, but let’s be real, half their team plays in the USL. Inexperience doesn’t excuse professional soccer players from not being able to complete passes of 10 yards.

I’m not totally convinced Arena deserves as much blame as he got, and I’m definitely not convinced yet that Berhalter is any better.

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » June 6th, 2019, 11:23 am

trombone_ninja wrote:
pilotaggie wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 8:22 pm
trombone_ninja wrote:
Jamaica played well, but let’s be real, half their team plays in the USL. Inexperience doesn’t excuse professional soccer players from not being able to complete passes of 10 yards.

I’m not totally convinced Arena deserves as much blame as he got, and I’m definitely not convinced yet that Berhalter is any better.
I didn't watch any of the game just saw the line up and caps. You are correct we should be able to beat a usl all star team with ease. I don't know anything about Berhalter but he better get things going early in qualifying.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 6th, 2019, 11:47 am

This one, while mitigated by being a meaningless friendly and being without a few of our top players, is aggravated by being AT HOME. We thought it was bad losing to Trinidad or Guatemala down there. Even Costa Rica down there, until we lose to them at home.

Locked Previous topicNext topic