Phil Steele usu preview

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Phil Steele usu preview

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 15th, 2019, 3:49 am

Sorry for the ugly screenshots, but it’s honestly better than the app he sells it though. These are the relevant sections. He isn’t high on us at all.

These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 3):
aggies22ChicAggieBeHURD

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Phil Steele usu preview

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 15th, 2019, 3:49 am

Imgur
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
BeHURD

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 15th, 2019, 10:28 am

Thanks Quack! His depth chart seems a little suspect to me in some spots. I don't expect us to win 11 next year either BUT I do think we'll win 9!

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » June 15th, 2019, 11:37 am

Thx, QA. Reading the cold hard facts certainly tempers my optimism, but I'm hoping and expecting the Ags under GA's leadership will significantly outperform Steele's projections.

I hate to sound like a Provoite, but BYU-P's "QB Unit" (I honestly don't even remember who is under center for the Cougars) is ranked higher than Love & Co.? Seems suspect.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

BeHURD

Post by BeHURD » June 16th, 2019, 12:55 am

I mean, unless I missed a part that he projected our team to lose a lot of games everything he said seems fair. I do agree that his starting lineup isn't all that great. I think that will be a lot different after fall camp. Basically what he said was, "they lost a ton of players and play a harder schedule. I think they won't be as good as last year."

The only thing that some people on this board disagree with is that they won't be as good as last year. He said that we would be a MWC title contender and that is right where I thought we would be. This isn't the year we will be going to a NY6 bowl. I expect, however, that we will have another double digit winning season. The schedule is harder, but I think Jordan Love will win us some games we probably shouldn't have, we will beat the teams we are supposed to beat, and send a few guys to the NFL next draft.

I am excited for the season. Thanks for sharing that with us all!

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 16th, 2019, 2:06 am

BeHURD wrote:I mean, unless I missed a part that he projected our team to lose a lot of games everything he said seems fair. I do agree that his starting lineup isn't all that great. I think that will be a lot different after fall camp. Basically what he said was, "they lost a ton of players and play a harder schedule. I think they won't be as good as last year."

The only thing that some people on this board disagree with is that they won't be as good as last year. He said that we would be a MWC title contender and that is right where I thought we would be. This isn't the year we will be going to a NY6 bowl. I expect, however, that we will have another double digit winning season. The schedule is harder, but I think Jordan Love will win us some games we probably shouldn't have, we will beat the teams we are supposed to beat, and send a few guys to the NFL next draft.

He has us below air Force in the division and 5th best in conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeHURD

Post by BeHURD » June 16th, 2019, 11:09 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 2:06 am
BeHURD wrote:I mean, unless I missed a part that he projected our team to lose a lot of games everything he said seems fair. I do agree that his starting lineup isn't all that great. I think that will be a lot different after fall camp. Basically what he said was, "they lost a ton of players and play a harder schedule. I think they won't be as good as last year."

He has us below air Force in the division and 5th best in conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right. I missed that the first time I went through the pages. I still think it is all on how well the offensive line can come together. We have talent on offense and our defense is going to be good again.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » June 17th, 2019, 8:56 am

We have a lot of question marks this coming season. New coaching staff, few returning starters on offense, tougher schedule. That all adds up to us being an enigma. We will see if Gary can put it all together.

Locked Previous topicNext topic