Chy Rivers

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Chy Rivers

Post by slcagg » June 24th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Turtle

Re: Chy Rivers

Post by Turtle » June 24th, 2019, 9:07 pm

247 says he decommitted from USU today as well.. That was quick.

Edit: Might be a glitch on the 247 site, nothing from his Twitter indicates a change in his commitment.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Soooo.......I'm being told that the coaching staff has NO CLUE who this kid is........

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » June 24th, 2019, 9:57 pm

aggies22 wrote:Soooo.......I'm being told that the coaching staff has NO CLUE who this kid is........
Kevin Hart part 2?

This is interesting...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 5:01 am

Turtle wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 9:07 pm
247 says he decommitted from USU today as well.. That was quick.

Edit: Might be a glitch on the 247 site, nothing from his Twitter indicates a change in his commitment.
It's not a glitch with the site. It's been manually changed because it would appear that his commitment is not legitimate.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » June 25th, 2019, 7:39 am

Maybe he is trying to get LSU to send an offer. We play them this year so that must be the case...right?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 8:08 am

All I know is, I have already interviewed him and had a feature article ready to go and then I was told that the coaching staff has no idea who he is? The first three commits, Yaro, Isaiah, and Upton are all legitimate by the way. But even Yaro has been communicating with Chy about coming here, so it's a strange situation indeed.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 25th, 2019, 8:11 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:08 am
All I know is, I have already interviewed him and had a feature article ready to go and then I was told that the coaching staff has no idea who he is? The first three commits, Yaro, Isaiah, and Upton are all legitimate by the way. But even Yaro has been communicating with Chy about coming here, so it's a strange situation indeed.
247 has Jason Phillips listed as his primary recruiter. Is that something you guys validate with the coaching staff, or is this all input from third parties?

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 8:23 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:11 am
aggies22 wrote:
247 has Jason Phillips listed as his primary recruiter. Is that something you guys validate with the coaching staff, or is this all input from third parties?
We try not to bug the coaching staff with trivial stuff. They are pretty busy dudes. More often than not, I confirm everything with the recruit. If I can't confirm it, I won't list it. So to answer your question Youngblood, I suppose that would be first-hand confirmation. Chy told me that Jason Phillips and Coach Andersen were his primary recruiters. In situations such as this, you tend to trust the kid right? If the truth is not going to be told, it's going to hashed out pretty quick. It took about two hours last night and I got the news this commitment was not legitimate. As of this morning, there is not a primary or secondary recruiter listed for Chy. I took them down. We are tentatively still listing him as having an offer until we can get to the bottom of what is going on.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » June 25th, 2019, 8:28 am

The epitome of fake it till you make it

kofdog

Post by kofdog » June 25th, 2019, 8:36 am

Catfish-ed?

JacobMcNeil
Has thanked: 0

Post by JacobMcNeil » June 25th, 2019, 8:39 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:23 am
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
We try not to bug the coaching staff with trivial stuff. They are pretty busy dudes. More often than not, I confirm everything with the recruit. If I can't confirm it, I won't list it. So to answer your question Youngblood, I suppose that would be first-hand confirmation. Chy told me that Jason Phillips and Coach Andersen were his primary recruiters. In situations such as this, you tend to trust the kid right? If the truth is not going to be told, it's going to hashed out pretty quick. It took about two hours last night and I got the news this commitment was not legitimate. As of this morning, there is not a primary or secondary recruiter listed for Chy. I took them down. We are tentatively still listing him as having an offer until we can get to the bottom of what is going on.
Just spoke to my sources inside the AD as well, and they don't really know this kid.

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » June 25th, 2019, 8:42 am

Aggies22, have you talked to Chy since finding out the commit isn't legitimate?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 9:01 am

JacobMcNeil wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:39 am
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Just spoke to my sources inside the AD as well, and they don't really know this kid.
I don't really know why I require getting fact-checked? My sources are impeccable. I tell it like it is.
Last edited by aggies22 on June 25th, 2019, 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Roy McAvoy

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 9:07 am

AgMan21 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 8:42 am
Aggies22, have you talked to Chy since finding out the commit isn't legitimate?
Yes, a few hours ago. And honestly, it bothered me for most of the night because like I said I interviewed the kid and he seemed so sure of what he was telling me. So after thinking about it, I just told him that if he is truly interested in committing to Utah State, he needs to contact a member of the coaching staff and speak with them about his desire to commit. I will not ask him why or what happened? I'm not trying to embarrass the kid any further. If his commitment turns out not to be legit, he's embarrassed himself enough. He doesn't owe me any explanations.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 10):
JSHarveyUSU78newhouse9AgMan21Roy McAvoyAggieFBObsessioncrazywookieflying_scotsman2.0usufan1CodingAggieBlue

JacobMcNeil
Has thanked: 0

Post by JacobMcNeil » June 25th, 2019, 12:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 9:01 am
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
I don't really know why I require getting fact-checked? My sources are impeccable. I tell it like it is.
Easy there, aggies22! Wasn't fact checking, just wanted to add my voice to yours!
These users thanked the author JacobMcNeil for the post:
LarryTheAggie

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » June 25th, 2019, 1:06 pm

JacobMcNeil wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 12:56 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Easy there, aggies22! Wasn't fact checking, just wanted to add my voice to yours!
We only need ONE ‘22..... theeee best one!!
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

AgMac

Post by AgMac » June 25th, 2019, 1:27 pm

JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Who the %@^#%& do you think you are fact checking aggies22? :lol:
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 4):
aggies22USU78ChicAggieZaggie07

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 1:34 pm

taniataylor wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 1:06 pm
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
We only need ONE ‘22..... theeee best one!!
:notworthy: :notworthy:

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 1:35 pm

AgMac wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 1:27 pm
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Who the %@^#%& do you think you are fact checking aggies22? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :golfclap:

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » June 25th, 2019, 1:57 pm

aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Respectfully: saying "you don't need to fact check me, you can trust me" makes me a little less trusting. Nobody gets everything right all the time. Two witnesses are better than one, especially when one is just the kid himself.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
LarryTheAggieBustaMcNutt

Nobody here knows anything.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » June 25th, 2019, 2:13 pm

OKAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 1:57 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Respectfully: saying "you don't need to fact check me, you can trust me" makes me a little less trusting. Nobody gets everything right all the time. Two witnesses are better than one, especially when one is just the kid himself.
I dunno, I've always heard something about 3 witnesses, but whatever.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » June 25th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Interesting turn of events -- have to agree with '22: let's take a wait-and-see approach before we start casting stones. Once we wait-and-see, THEN we can cast stones.

Found this little nugget at recruitlouisiana.com:
Top Talent from the Baton Rouge and Surrounding Area:

Parkview Baptist’s 2020 ATH Chy Rivers – fast and furious comes to mind when describing Chy. He has been on the college coaches radar for two years now and it is his time to shine. The best part about Rivers is his versatility. He can play offense or defense. He plays with a lot of instinct and speed.
This from the HJ:
Soon-to-be high school senior Chy Rivers announced his verbal commitment to the Aggies on Monday on Twitter.

The Parkview Baptist (Louisiana) High star was as a first-team all-district selection as an athlete following the 2018 campaign. As a sophomore for the Eagles, Rivers earned second-team all-district honors as a punt returner.

The 5-foot-9, 185-pounder has scholarship offers from a handful of FBS programs, including Marshall, Toledo, Ball State and Georgia Southern. Rivers, who is a slot back and defensive back for the Eagles, was offered by the Aggies in May.
And, according to Rivals, he has an offer from Jackson State and interest from Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi Valley State, Tulane, and UTSA.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 2:23 pm

OKAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
But the third post of this very thread I stated that I'm being told that "the coaching staff has NO CLUE who this kid is". That wasn't from the kid telling me anything. If I can't trust my sources within the football program who in turn trust me to convey information correctly who can I trust? That's too bad if that makes you unable to trust me or my info. When facts are needed I only relay first-hand information.
Last edited by aggies22 on June 25th, 2019, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
ratofallaggiesflying_scotsman2.0

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » June 25th, 2019, 2:25 pm

Don't get into it, '22. Everyone here trusts you EXCEPT OK. And OK doesn't trust ANYONE. Not even himself.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » June 25th, 2019, 2:27 pm

OKAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
I can verify that 22 has never been wrong about anything in his life, ever. 22 is the virtuous fountain of all Aggie insider knowledge that I trust completely.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Madmartigan wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:27 pm
OKAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
I can verify that 22 has never been wrong about anything in his life, ever. 22 is the virtuous fountain of all Aggie insider knowledge that I trust completely.
I wouldn't go far enough as to say EVER in my life. :lol: But I'd admit it if I were.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 26th, 2019, 3:38 am

aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Over

Reaction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » June 26th, 2019, 5:13 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:23 pm
OKAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
But the third post of this very thread I stated that I'm being told that "the coaching staff has NO CLUE who this kid is". That wasn't from the kid telling me anything. If I can't trust my sources within the football program who in turn trust me to convey information correctly who can I trust? That's too bad if that makes you unable to trust me or my info. When facts are needed I only relay first-hand information.
Sorry, didn't mean to blow this up to this extent -- the end of my last comment related to your previous comment that "in situations like this, you tend to trust the kid". Most kids probably, most of the time probably. But this case shows that some kids have their own agendas and aren't always reliable, and because of cases like this I'd be skeptical. But I'm skeptical to some degree about just about every media source, and I get less skeptical when a second source corroborates the first, and I know that both you and JacobMcNeil have sources within the AD.

Peace, aggies22. I do appreciate your good work.
Last edited by OKAggie on June 26th, 2019, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
aggies22

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » June 26th, 2019, 5:14 am

ChicAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:25 pm
Don't get into it, '22. Everyone here trusts you EXCEPT OK. And OK doesn't trust ANYONE. Not even himself.
True. I was wrong that one time, when I thought I was wrong but I wasn't.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
Zaggie07dogie

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 26th, 2019, 6:33 am

OKAggie wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 5:13 am
aggies22 wrote:
June 25th, 2019, 2:23 pm
OKAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
JacobMcNeil wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Sorry, didn't mean to blow this up to this extent -- the end of my last comment related to your previous comment that "in situations like this, you tend to trust the kid". Most kids probably, most of the time probably. But this case shows that some kids have their own agendas and aren't always reliable, and because of cases like this I'd be skeptical. But I'm skeptical to some degree about just about every media source, and I get less skeptical when a second source corroborates the first, and I know that both you and JacobMcNeil have sources within the AD.

Peace, aggies22. I do appreciate your good work.
:thanks: :thumbsup:

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 26th, 2019, 7:05 am

I can confirm that 22 is never correct.

Sincerely,
Mrs. 22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 26th, 2019, 8:00 am

slcagg wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 7:05 am
I can confirm that 22 is never correct.

Sincerely,
Mrs. 22
Did she tell you that??? :lol:

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 26th, 2019, 8:38 am

As of this morning, Chy is still listed as a hard commit with an offer from USU. Knowing what we know, shouldn't this be changed?

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 26th, 2019, 9:31 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 8:38 am
As of this morning, Chy is still listed as a hard commit with an offer from USU. Knowing what we know, shouldn't this be changed?

I did not change that and neither did my colleagues. Someone else that has access to the 247 database (which is a lot of people) has done that. Clearly, whoever the person is, does not know the story. Nothing has changed in regards to Chy's non-commitment. I have fixed his profile. Although one of us would have seen it today eventually, I do appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thanks, Youngblood!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic