Ratball

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Re: Ratball

Post by TheAKAggie » July 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm

agster wrote:Where's Grootfraam? Is that him behind Sam? If it is he looks to be no taller than 6'5".
He’s at least 6’6”, I’m 6’4” and he was way taller than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » July 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm

My prediction. It will be the best team in Aggie history since Marv Roberts.

...I just hope they show up really ready to play in the NCAA tournament.
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » July 9th, 2019, 10:32 pm

So Queta finishes the season as the tallest player on the team. And when he returns from Europe, he will be the 4th tallest player on the practice court? (Assuming that the GA practices with the team.)

That should really help him in his development.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » July 11th, 2019, 6:14 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 8:30 pm
The summer workouts now allow so many workouts (i.e. practices) with the coaches present. Last week, Coach Smith led at least one of these practices, according to my friend. He said everybody was on hand except for Queta (in Portugal) and Barstow (will be here in a couple of weeks). Here’s some things I was told:

* Liam McChesney, at 6-10, can play 4-3- and 2. Size wise, style-wise he’s a 3, but he can play stretch 4. A little weight room work will do him a ton of good. But this kid is a big time player.

* The kid from Poland, Kuba Karwowski, is also a really good player. At 7-2, he’s a good shooter and can run the floor. He has decent hands, too, which many of our centers in the past haven’t had.

* Brock Miller is looking like the shooter we expected him to be. Much more accurate and consistent than before. Its apparent that some work has been put in since the end of the season.

* 6-8 Sean Bairstow can play every position on the floor except center. He is THAT good, according to the coaches. He’s finishing the club season in Australia, which is the equivalent of playing in the G-league here. Great things are expected from this kid.

* We have a “surprise” player who is back from a mission in 6-11 Trevin Dorius. Remember him? Bean pole who sat on the end of the bench from Wasatch High School in Tim Duryea’s first year? We’ll he’s still a walk on, but now he weighs 245 pounds, and looks like he might actually be able to help us in some way this year. His minutes may be very limited, but I don’t think he’ll be a liability either.

* Another kid who looks like a shooting machine is 6-4 Carson Bischoff, the transfer from Treasure Valley CC who played at Weber High School. A walk-on, he’s one of these guys who can come off the bench and hit a bunch of three’s and go sit down again.

Sam Merrill and Roche Grootfaam both have sore ankles at the moment, but nothing that will be lasting. All of the other players are participating in “WORKOUTS” and looking good.

Here’s a truth about this team. It will be dang good. There is enough talent here that if Queta hadn’t come back, I think they would still be very good. Get your tickets if you don’t have them because this is going to be a “sold out Spectrum game after game” kind of team. This coming basketball season will be one for the ages.
Other than AF's post, given the lack of substantive reports from ratball, I'm guessing either (i) they are closed sessions; (ii) anyone who attends is sworn to secrecy; or (iii) no one on this board has bothered to attend and report. Which of the three options is it? AF, is your friend who shared a few details with you a member of the staff or team? If not, is there any chance he can share more details with you about how the players actually look in competition against each other? Have any players come out and dominated? Any players surprised with unexpected rebounding, shooting, passing, penetrating, or defending abilities? Anything more at all? I'm suffering withdrawals and need something. Anything! Please, I'm begging you . . . .

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » July 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Has the construction of the Estes Center changed Rat Ball spectating? Are the guys now playing in their private building and it's just not as accessible as it used to be?

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » July 14th, 2019, 1:27 pm

brownjeans wrote:
July 13th, 2019, 4:27 pm
Has the construction of the Estes Center changed Rat Ball spectating? Are the guys now playing in their private building and it's just not as accessible as it used to be?
I suspect you are exactly right.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Locked Previous topicNext topic