Wake forest fan on here

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Wake forest fan on here

Post by slcagg » August 31st, 2019, 5:53 am

Great game last night. Best of luck the rest of the year. It’s been great having you on the board with some interaction the last month.

jamesda3asu
Has thanked: 0

Re: Wake forest fan on here

Post by jamesda3asu » August 31st, 2019, 6:00 am

Man games like that you hate there has to be a loser. I certainly believe you guys played better than us defensively and for the most part offensively minus the to's. Sloppy game on both sides but man what a game to watch. About got attacked by a former wake player for yelling at the online to get more push on those ridiculous goal line stands he thought I was calling them another p word instead yelling to get more push lol. I hope our wrs learn to catch soon. And I don't know if I seen more passes and runs for two or less freaking yards in my life. I'll die one day at a Wake game. I hope you guys run the table dominate the MWC and shock the world in Baton Rouge. Good luck to you all as well.
These users thanked the author jamesda3asu for the post (total 3):
slcaggBLUERUFiOAggie_in_Idaho

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » August 31st, 2019, 8:45 am

Thanks for the comments it really was a great game to watch. Good luck to you the rest of the season! I will be cheering for you. Hopefully you will win the ACC championship and we will win the MW championship!

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » August 31st, 2019, 10:05 am

Now that it is over I can wear my WF hat again. Good having you on here, check back once in awhile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 31st, 2019, 11:01 am

With all due respect to Wake Forest, their fans were very kind and respectful.

But my goodness they are tame. Those surrounding me were fairly intense- but the overall fan smarts were lacking. They were very quiet when we were on offense. Until our last drive the loudest it was, was when they were on offense on a goal line stand.

When we were on offense close to our goal line it was dead silent. They had the people to be louder, they just weren’t. Several times I heard their cheerleaders on the opposite side of the field or Jordan Love’s cadence. Wake fans should be louder. I was actually semi excited as a football fan when they were loud on the last drive. It was the quietest stadium
I’ve ever been in. Which is sad for my first USU vs P5 away game.

My only complaint is I thought they’d pump in sound on 3rd down during the hurry up which seemed to give them
a competitive advantage by slowing us down.

Side note: They did the typical chant where one side would say “Wake” and the other side would say “Forest” chant. But the accents were so strong it sounded like “Wait.... For it!!!” I guess they must be big fans of “How I Met Your Mother”

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » August 31st, 2019, 12:48 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 11:01 am

But my goodness they are tame. Those surrounding me were fairly intense- but the overall fan smarts were lacking. They were very quiet when we were on offense. Until our last drive the loudest it was, was when they were on offense on a goal line stand.

When we were on offense close to our goal line it was dead silent. They had the people to be louder, they just weren’t. Several times I heard their cheerleaders on the opposite side of the field or Jordan Love’s cadence. Wake fans should be louder. I was actually semi excited as a football fan when they were loud on the last drive. It was the quietest stadium

My only complaint is I thought they’d pump in sound on 3rd down during the hurry up which seemed to give them

Side note: They did the typical chant where one side would say “Wake” and the other side would say “Forest” chant. But the accents were so strong it sounded like “Wait.... For it!!!” I guess they must be big fans of “How I Met Your Mother”
And I thought the Aggie contingent looked pretty tame any time we made a big play and they were shown on tv lol I think everyone there was just nervous all game

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 31st, 2019, 1:23 pm

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 6:00 am
Man games like that you hate there has to be a loser. I certainly believe you guys played better than us defensively and for the most part offensively minus the to's. Sloppy game on both sides but man what a game to watch. About got attacked by a former wake player for yelling at the online to get more push on those ridiculous goal line stands he thought I was calling them another p word instead yelling to get more push lol. I hope our wrs learn to catch soon. And I don't know if I seen more passes and runs for two or less freaking yards in my life. I'll die one day at a Wake game. I hope you guys run the table dominate the MWC and shock the world in Baton Rouge. Good luck to you all as well.
I'm not really sure how sloppy you could consider the game on your end. You only had one turnover, the defense turned in 3 plus a turnover on downs in the redzone. You also committed just one penalty with 32 seconds left in the game. Sure there are football plays that do get made and nobody scores on every play and gets a stop on every defensive possession but honestly, I think you guys nearly played as well as you could possibly play.

jamesda3asu

Post by jamesda3asu » August 31st, 2019, 1:38 pm

I was talking about the 40 drops, the poor tackling or missed assignments leading to huge chunk plays. The lucky defensive holding that called back Woodards strip and td. 50 2yd or less plays

jamesda3asu

Post by jamesda3asu » August 31st, 2019, 1:59 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:

Wake fans are mostly wine and cheese fans and they piss me off. I've been asked to sit down in game where we were taking Top 15 teams down to the wire and ultimately winning. I've actually been asked to sit down and be quiet and I said he'll no look at our kids down there playing their tails off lift their hands up to try to get you guys loud and you sit on your hands. Ugh grrrrrrrr

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » August 31st, 2019, 2:12 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:

And I thought the Aggie contingent looked pretty tame any time we made a big play and they were shown on tv lol I think everyone there was just nervous all game
I'm person that was one of the most fun Aggie fan bases we've had on the road. Had the I Believe chant twice and several others. Everyone was getting into it.

Also, I couldn't agree more with the poster that said their fans were great. Nicest I've encountered on the road and nicer than 2 years ago. The Wake AD even introduced himself to as we were entering the stadium.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 31st, 2019, 2:52 pm

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 1:38 pm
The lucky defensive holding that called back Woodards strip and td. 50 2yd or less plays
I totally blocked this from my mind. Now I'm mad all over again. Thanks a lot! 😡

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 31st, 2019, 3:12 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 12:48 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

When there is typically limited interaction, and I’m visiting another team: It’s important to realize although I don’t represent the school, how I conduct myself reflects on the school, our students, our alumni and our community. At BYU it doesn’t matter as much because there is a lot of USU/ BYU interaction and the atmosphere lends itself to banter and the such.

Here, the people may never meet another Aggie, or if they do what if it’s at a job interview and in the back of their mind is me being rowdy? As opposed to a fan who cheered for his team and enjoyed the game- and had pleasant, two-way complimentary discussions about each other’s programs.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 31st, 2019, 3:16 pm

Random point: it was very obvious the fire alarms were going off in their suites/press boxes for a few minutes and it was very distracting

jamesda3asu

Post by jamesda3asu » August 31st, 2019, 6:18 pm

How are your guys that went down? Nothing serious I hope

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 31st, 2019, 7:34 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:With all due respect to Wake Forest, their fans were very kind and respectful.

Glass houses bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic