Random Pet Peeve

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Random Pet Peeve

Post by brownjeans » September 10th, 2019, 2:44 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 1:50 pm
Other MAJOR pet peeve:

Being in a public restroom and seeing someone walk out the door without washing their hands. I was in the Asheville, NC airport a couple of weeks ago. I made three separate trips to the bathroom (once when I landed, and twice while I was waiting to take off), and based on my limited observations, fewer than 20% of men using those restrooms washed their hands. It's obviously even worse when someone exits a sit-down stall and walks straight out without pausing at a sink. It's both disgusting and completely inconsiderate of others. I find it almost even worse when someone pauses at the sink, gets one hand wet, and shakes it off -- the "pretend wash." It's an intellectually dishonest attempt to trick themselves and others.
I carry a small thing of hand sanitizer so I don't have to wash my hands in public bathrooms. You've probably seen me walk out and judged me unfairly, jerk!
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
BustaMcNutt

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » September 10th, 2019, 3:14 pm

How about people that bring kids to games, then let them run wild. Four kids in the club seating area were as bad as I have ever seen, screaming all game long moving down to the rail blocking the view for folks in that part of the seating area. all the time the " adult " with them does nothing to help the problem. One little monster nearly fell out onto the walk way below.

They ruined the game for a family that brought kids, and could not watch much of the game, because of being blocked by these inconsiderate folks. The" man ' with them sent down to the rail so he could watch, and hear the game, to hell with the others in attendance. I was far enough away from them that it was annoying , but not unbearable. I will not let that happen in the next game, those good folks that brought kids with them deserve better. They were clearly upset, but did not really do much.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 10th, 2019, 3:40 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
I made three separate trips to the bathroom
I'd schedule an appointment with my proctologist tout de suite if I were you.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 10th, 2019, 4:00 pm

sam tingey wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 1:48 pm
I am completely nonplussed at how this thread has turned out
See, now you've just confused everyone. Try using a synonym, like "minused".
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
JSHarvey

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » September 10th, 2019, 4:08 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 4:00 pm
sam tingey wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 1:48 pm
I am completely nonplussed at how this thread has turned out
See, now you've just confused everyone. Try using a synonym, like "minused".
No, I completely understood that he was saying that he was completely surprised by this thread.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » September 10th, 2019, 5:20 pm

ChicAggie wrote:Other MAJOR pet peeve:

Being in a public restroom and seeing someone walk out the door without washing their hands. I was in the Asheville, NC airport a couple of weeks ago. I made three separate trips to the bathroom (once when I landed, and twice while I was waiting to take off), and based on my limited observations, fewer than 20% of men using those restrooms washed their hands. It's obviously even worse when someone exits a sit-down stall and walks straight out without pausing at a sink. It's both disgusting and completely inconsiderate of others. I find it almost even worse when someone pauses at the sink, gets one hand wet, and shakes it off -- the "pretend wash." It's an intellectually dishonest attempt to trick themselves and others.
Seriously.... A few weeks back I was in an airport using the urinal but in a hurry to catch my plane. When I finished I quickly headed for the exit. But before I could get out some dude, all full of himself, stopped and said, “hey man! Aren’t you going to wash your hands? At BYU, the Harvard of the west, they taught me to wash my hands after using the urinal.” Like I said, I was in a hurry to catch my plane so I just looked at him and said, “well. At USU they taught me not to piss on my hands.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » September 10th, 2019, 5:24 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
September 10th, 2019, 5:20 pm
ChicAggie wrote:Other MAJOR pet peeve:

Seriously.... A few weeks back I was in an airport using the urinal but in a hurry to catch my plane. When I finished I quickly headed for the exit. But before I could get out some dude, all full of himself, stopped and said, “hey man! Aren’t you going to wash your hands? At BYU, the Harvard of the west, they taught me to wash my hands after using the urinal.” Like I said, I was in a hurry to catch my plane so I just looked at him and said, “well. At USU they taught me not to piss on my hands.”

:lol: That's a good one!

But, no, seriously. Wash your hands. :nono:

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 11th, 2019, 6:40 am

WAaggieFan wrote:Seriously.... A few weeks back I was in an airport using the urinal but in a hurry to catch my plane. When I finished I quickly headed for the exit. But before I could get out some dude, all full of himself, stopped and said, “hey man! Aren’t you going to wash your hands? At BYU, the Harvard of the west, they taught me to wash my hands after using the urinal.” Like I said, I was in a hurry to catch my plane so I just looked at him and said, “well. At USU they taught me not to piss on my hands.”

Pretty sure I haven’t heard that one since I was in about 4th grade.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » September 11th, 2019, 7:04 am

ChicAggie wrote:
WAaggieFan wrote:Seriously.... A few weeks back I was in an airport using the urinal but in a hurry to catch my plane. When I finished I quickly headed for the exit. But before I could get out some dude, all full of himself, stopped and said, “hey man! Aren’t you going to wash your hands? At BYU, the Harvard of the west, they taught me to wash my hands after using the urinal.” Like I said, I was in a hurry to catch my plane so I just looked at him and said, “well. At USU they taught me not to piss on my hands.”

Hahaha. Not often it comes up organically!

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » September 11th, 2019, 7:08 am

Additional pet peeves
-using the passing lane as a turning lane instead of the middle lane. (Slowing down to almost a stop to turn while in the passing lane and then pulling into the middle lane and turn left)
-holding a door open for someone with no response. Not a major pet peeve, but I always think a kind “thank you” doesn’t cost much
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post:
ChicAggie

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 11th, 2019, 8:38 am

Chupamedia wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:08 am
Additional pet peeves
-using the passing lane as a turning lane instead of the middle lane. (Slowing down to almost a stop to turn while in the passing lane and then pulling into the middle lane and turn left)
-holding a door open for someone with no response. Not a major pet peeve, but I always think a kind “thank you” doesn’t cost much
Agreed on both. Also a big fan of the "thank you wave" when creating a gap to let in another vehicle who has signaled either to turn into my lane or to change lanes in front of me. I always give the wave, and when I don't get it I experience a brief moment of regret that I created the gap for a driver who expresses zero appreciation.

Other driving pet peeves:

- Drivers who don't signal their intentions before turning or changing lanes

- Drivers who don't pay attention when the light changes and then get mad and flip you off when you give them the polite tap on the horn to alert them that the light has changed (the appropriate response is to get moving and give a polite "apology wave")

Aggiefan160

Post by Aggiefan160 » September 11th, 2019, 9:37 am

ChicAggie wrote:
Other MAJOR pet peeve:

ChicAggie, it seems like you live in a state of agitation based on your list of pet peeves. :)

My former boss used to say, "If it is so dirty I need to wash my hands after using the urinal and touching it, maybe I should whip it out and wash it in the sink".

I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk now.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 11th, 2019, 11:07 am

ChicAggie wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 8:38 am

- Drivers who don't pay attention when the light changes and then get mad and flip you off when you give them the polite tap on the horn to alert them that the light has changed (the appropriate response is to get moving and give a polite "apology wave")
Drivers who take my signal as a challenge to quickly make claim to the land I intend to move to and cut me off or block me out by any means.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
ChicAggieZaggie07

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » September 11th, 2019, 11:16 am

brownjeans wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 11:07 am
ChicAggie wrote:

Drivers who take my signal as a challenge to quickly make claim to the land I intend to move to and cut me off or block me out by any means.
Oh my gosh! This! There is plenty of room in the lane I need to move to. I turn on my signal and then the car behind me starts closing the gap. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction from a lot of people. Usually I still just start moving into the lane as there is usually still the space to do so. I just end up with someone tailgating me breifly (I hope). I've been honked at, for doing this, but really they've got no right to.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
Zaggie07

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 11th, 2019, 3:04 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 11:16 am
brownjeans wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:

Oh my gosh! This! There is plenty of room in the lane I need to move to. I turn on my signal and then the car behind me starts closing the gap. I think it's a knee-jerk reaction from a lot of people. Usually I still just start moving into the lane as there is usually still the space to do so. I just end up with someone tailgating me breifly (I hope). I've been honked at, for doing this, but really they've got no right to.
Unexpectedly, when I lived in Los Angeles, drivers more often than not would keep the gap open or allow it to open even wider if I signaled to move over. In the Chicagoland area, I find it is quite the opposite. It seems that the vast majority of drivers rush to close the gap when you signal. Definitely a pet peeve.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » September 11th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Aggiefan160 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 9:37 am
ChicAggie, it seems like you live in a state of agitation based on your list of pet peeves. :)
I hope people will be aware of others and treat them with courtesy and respect. When they don't, I definitely experience a certain amount of agitation. Rarely does the level rise above 1 or 2 on a scale of 1-10, but it does happen at least daily.

Others:

Hocking a loogie on the sidewalk where people are walking.

Letting your dog sh!t in a public space or on someone else's yard without cleaning it up.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 11th, 2019, 3:35 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:04 am
ChicAggie wrote:

Hahaha. Not often it comes up organically!

There’s a pill for that

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 11th, 2019, 4:22 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 3:22 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:
I hope people will be aware of others and treat them with courtesy and respect. When they don't, I definitely experience a certain amount of agitation. Rarely does the level rise above 1 or 2 on a scale of 1-10, but it does happen at least daily.

Others:

Letting your dog sh!t in a public space or on someone else's yard without cleaning it up.
I have a dozen or so dog-related pet peeves (no pun intended). But this one ranks very top of my list. I am the ONLY person on my street without a dog, yet I somehow end up with dog crap on my front yard. I scoop it up and throw it out into my street (after my driveway) so all of the dog owners can drive through it and track it into their garages.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
JSHarvey

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 11th, 2019, 4:30 pm

AgMac wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 4:22 pm
ChicAggie wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 3:22 pm
Aggiefan160 wrote:

Others:

I have a dozen or so dog-related pet peeves (no pun intended). But this one ranks very top of my list. I am the ONLY person on my street without a dog, yet I somehow end up with dog crap on my front yard. I scoop it up and throw it out into my street (after my driveway) so all of the dog owners can drive through it and track it into their garages.
This drives me nuts too, but for me I’m almost as much bothered by people thinking it’s ok for their dog to crap in my yard as long as they clean it up. There’s still poo residue people!

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » September 11th, 2019, 4:34 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
BigBlueDart wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 11:16 am
brownjeans wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:

Unexpectedly, when I lived in Los Angeles, drivers more often than not would keep the gap open or allow it to open even wider if I signaled to move over. In the Chicagoland area, I find it is quite the opposite. It seems that the vast majority of drivers rush to close the gap when you signal. Definitely a pet peeve.
Recently moved from Chicago and pretty much everything the drivers did there was agitating. There's a lot of self centered people in the Chicago land area, not everyone, but plenty.

Miss the city, but not a lot of the people or their mentality.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 11th, 2019, 4:49 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 4:30 pm
This drives me nuts too, but for me I’m almost as much bothered by people thinking it’s ok for their dog to crap in my yard as long as they clean it up. There’s still poo residue people!
Hipsterdoofus is my spirit animal. I've said the same thing 10,000,000 times. How insanely inconsiderate do you have to be to allow your dog to crap in someone else's yard, cleanup or not? In what world do you think its ok to allows your pet on someone else's property to take a crap?
hipsterdoofus21

Turtle

Post by Turtle » September 11th, 2019, 5:48 pm

AgMac wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 4:49 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Hipsterdoofus is my spirit animal. I've said the same thing 10,000,000 times. How insanely inconsiderate do you have to be to allow your dog to crap in someone else's yard, cleanup or not? In what world do you think its ok to allows your pet on someone else's property to take a crap?
I think you are overestimating how much control pet-owners have over where/when their dog poops.. If your neighbors dog is ALWAYS pooping in your yard, that is different, but if I'm on a walk with my dog, he's just gonna poop on some yard, and I clean it up every time. If you're that bothered by poop residue, you either need a pet or a baby to help you move past it.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 11th, 2019, 6:00 pm

I once learned in seminary how they did a study with hidden cameras on how many people wash their hands after using public restrooms. And what was funny there was a big discrepancy between how many people did it with other people in the room and how many people did it when they were there by themselves. Only 19 percent of people who were in the room by themself washed their hands.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 11th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Turtle wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 5:48 pm
I think you are overestimating how much control pet-owners have over where/when their dog poops.. If your neighbors dog is ALWAYS pooping in your yard, that is different, but if I'm on a walk with my dog, he's just gonna poop on some yard, and I clean it up every time. If you're that bothered by poop residue, you either need a pet or a baby to help you move past it.
I grew up on a farm. It isn't about the poop.

Wait, do you live 2 doors down from me?

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 11th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Turtle wrote:
AgMac wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
If I’m on a walk with my kids I don’t let them run on a random person’s yard or even a neighbor’s yard.

I don’t like that an individual’s decision to get a dog suddenly makes it neighborhood’s shared responsibility. If pet owners can’t control where their pet roams, goes to the bathroom, digs, or the sounds it’s making in the wee hours of the morning then they shouldn’t have that pet unless everyone on the street signed off on the decision.

Like AgMac I too grew up on a farm. It isn’t about the poop, it’s about respecting someone’s property.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
AgMacChupamedia

Turtle

Post by Turtle » September 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:04 pm
Turtle wrote:
AgMac wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
If I’m on a walk with my kids I don’t let them run on a random person’s yard or even a neighbor’s yard.

I don’t like that an individual’s decision to get a dog suddenly makes it neighborhood’s shared responsibility. If pet owners can’t control where their pet roams, goes to the bathroom, digs, or the sounds it’s making in the wee hours of the morning then they shouldn’t have that pet unless everyone on the street signed off on the decision.

Like AgMac I too grew up on a farm. It isn’t about the poop, it’s about respecting someone’s property.
And you can respect that property by picking up after your pet. It is the outdoors. The pet is an animal. It is no different than a deer coming down from the mountains and into your yard and dropping their raisins. It comes with the territory of having a yard. At least I'm picking up after the pet I own!

You can't make the comparison to children. You are able to give them more explicit instructions.

There are plenty of things that become the neighborhood's responsibility without having to get permission that everyone has to deal with. I have a neighbor that has been remodeling their yard for the last four years. The neighborhood has had to deal with the dirt mounds that blow everywhere when it even gets a little windy. I didn't sign off on their decision. There are plenty of things that would fit into this example, and I guarantee you would have some yourself. It is all a give and take.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 11th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Turtle wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:04 pm
Turtle wrote:
AgMac wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

And you can respect that property by picking up after your pet. It is the outdoors. The pet is an animal. It is no different than a deer coming down from the mountains and into your yard and dropping their raisins. It comes with the territory of having a yard. At least I'm picking up after the pet I own!

You can't make the comparison to children. You are able to give them more explicit instructions.

There are plenty of things that become the neighborhood's responsibility without having to get permission that everyone has to deal with. I have a neighbor that has been remodeling their yard for the last four years. The neighborhood has had to deal with the dirt mounds that blow everywhere when it even gets a little windy. I didn't sign off on their decision. There are plenty of things that would fit into this example, and I guarantee you would have some yourself. It is all a give and take.
They’re called leashes. I know pet owners find them inhumane but dogs aren’t human. While I can appreciate you’re at least an owner that picks up the poop, I don’t relate domesticated pets with wild animals. Like what was already said it’s not about the poop so much as a pet owner determining that my yard is free for use of their pet simply because it’s an animal and “animals will be animals after all”.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 11th, 2019, 8:10 pm

If a dog gets out and is wandering the neighborhood the dog gets picked up my the pound. Meanwhile everyone's damned cats are running all over creation, leaving turd surprises in sandboxes and nothing's done about it.

Why are cats exempt from pet control laws?

AgMac

Post by AgMac » September 11th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Turtle wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm

This is why I hate every person in our new society.
calaggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » September 11th, 2019, 8:41 pm

brownjeans wrote:
September 11th, 2019, 8:10 pm
If a dog gets out and is wandering the neighborhood the dog gets picked up my the pound. Meanwhile everyone's damned cats are running all over creation, leaving turd surprises in sandboxes and nothing's done about it.

Why are cats exempt from pet control laws?
Agreed, with cats it’s worse than dogs. One family gets a cat and now everyone on the block owns that cat apparently. We have issues with our neighbors who have two cats they let roam all day long, and they constantly poop in our flower gardens. We brought it to their attention and they just shrugged. We have to hear from them how a few branches of our tree (which shades their yard year round) hang over the fence 12-24 inches. These branches aren’t at head level or just over the fence. They are 10-20 ft up. They had somebody come and chop off the branches.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 12th, 2019, 7:43 am

1 - When Craig Bolerjack incorrectly uses the phrase "skip pass" during Jazz games. This happens at least once per game so I have to hear it about 100 times per year. He has never once been corrected.
2 - People who don't bother using their turn signals (everyone in Maryland).

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » September 12th, 2019, 8:00 am

White whines.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » September 12th, 2019, 8:18 am

Subaru's. I'm sure they make a great car and if you have one and probably love it, but if I'm stuck behind a slow person 99 times out of 100 they are driving a Subaru.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » September 12th, 2019, 8:56 am

Apostrophes when somebody is using a plural word.

These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
frankiesaysrelaxChicAggie

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » September 12th, 2019, 9:01 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Love this! I don’t know when it happened but over the past 10 years every dog owner thinks I am just as enamored by their dog as they are. When did leashes become illegal? Every time I am biking in the mountains i come upon hikers with dogs loose. The dog will race up to me and whether it is aggressive or just curious or wants to play - I’m not interested. That’s why I didn’t bring a dog with me. They never can control their dog - but still refuse to leash it.

The whole taking a dump on your property - major annoyance. Just because your dog decides it’s time doesn’t give it the right to come over and pop a squat on my lawn. If you want a domestic pet - great, but be responsible. Your decision to be a pet owner shouldn’t affect my life. It’s just lazy and inconsiderate
These users thanked the author Chupamedia for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

Locked Previous topicNext topic