Burrow vs Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB

Burrow vs Love

Post by SLB » October 5th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Burrow was good with a clean pocket, but Burrow without a clean pocket struggled mightily. Burrow is going to fall apart in big games when he gets pressured.
Love didn't have a perfect game, and his stats look bad. Love was better than Burrow despite the different stats. Love can't run the routes for the WRs, catch the ball for the WR, or block for the O-line. The LSU defense predicted almost every play that we called too.
It was clear Warren missing made Love faced pass D all game long.

frankiesaysrelax

Re: Burrow vs Love

Post by frankiesaysrelax » October 5th, 2019, 6:24 pm

I thought Burrow did a really good job of avoiding pressure and keeping plays alive. We were in their backfield quite a bit. Especially on a few 3rd and longs but he escaped pursuit and made plays. The dude was good. Their receivers are unreal though. They don’t drop passes very often and the level of difficulty was really high on a lot of catches.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 5th, 2019, 6:56 pm

I think you throw Love into that LSU offense and he’d look every bit as good as Burrows, maybe better.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
frankiesaysrelax

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 5th, 2019, 7:14 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:56 pm
I think you throw Love into that LSU offense and he’d look every bit as good as Burrows, maybe better.
Oh you throw Love on any top 20 team and he is a heisman finalist. Auburn certainly wishes they had Love for their game today.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
frankiesaysrelax

LSUBAW18
Has thanked: 0

Post by LSUBAW18 » October 5th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Love wasnt better in any way. Love threw 3 picks, that was his fault. Damn that's delusional. Worst take ive ever heard on a message board.

Just when I though t y'all were smart and down to earth as fans, you say the most ridiculous message I've seen in 10 years of message boards
These users thanked the author LSUBAW18 for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

LSUBAW18

Post by LSUBAW18 » October 5th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Struggled from outside the pocket? The announcers said his pocket presence is best in the country. He completed 70 percent I think, with 6 tds. Stats say he was near perfect outside the pocket
These users thanked the author LSUBAW18 for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

aggieaggie

Post by aggieaggie » October 5th, 2019, 8:54 pm

LSUBAW18 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Struggled from outside the pocket? The announcers said his pocket presence is best in the country. He completed 70 percent I think, with 6 tds. Stats say he was near perfect outside the pocket
He threw a pick outside the pocket, almost a pick six.

I agree with you though, there is some delusion in this thread about Love’s play.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 8:55 pm

It's just an opinion. I don't think Love was better than Burrows at all today. I do agree with the sentiment that you switch places with the QBs and Love has a great game. That's not disparaging Burrows, it's a compliment to the rest of your team. Losses suck and people are venting about our teams performance. Rational will return tomorrow.

Go Aggies!

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 5th, 2019, 8:57 pm

LSUBAW18 wrote:Love wasnt better in any way. Love threw 3 picks, that was his fault. Damn that's delusional. Worst take ive ever heard on a message board.

Just when I though t y'all were smart and down to earth as fans, you say the most ridiculous message I've seen in 10 years of message boards
We all know Burrow outplayed Love by far today. We are just playing the “what if” game on how Love would do on a different team. It is obvious Love didn’t have anywhere near the people around him like Burrow. You guys played very well today and got a much deserved win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogie

Post by dogie » October 5th, 2019, 9:12 pm

LSUBAW18 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:48 pm
Love wasnt better in any way. Love threw 3 picks, that was his fault. Damn that's delusional. Worst take ive ever heard on a message board.

Don’t worry. I think the original post was just an attempt to troll the few Tiger fans on this board. If not, and if he was serious, I question whether he watched the game.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

sdiggety

Post by sdiggety » October 5th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Fans who don't understand and the game blame the QB for everything. Easiest scapegoat. Pics happen to all QB's. Love starts at LSU and burrows competes to take his spot- nfl scouts and coaches would agree with this, even if fans don't. LSU playing us was like us playing stony brook. The QB throws a clean game and can throw pretty much anything he wants. You saw Love make insane throws like the one to mariner over the dude's head. All you saw with burrow was great elusiveness but average passing against a weenie defensive effort. SLB is talking about some deeper stuff than who was better on the stat sheet or who won the game. I get sick of defending our own QB on here. I constantly hear him talked about in the media as the number 2 guy, and yet these fans who constantly bad mouth having someone nationally recognized like this at a school that never recruits above 3 stars deserve another losing season with a kent meyers for their lack of Love appreciation. Also LSU fans lingering to pick fights on the board of a team the convincingly blew out should leave and get back to their piggy bank so they can have enough money to pay their players under the table for next year.
These users thanked the author sdiggety for the post (total 3):
oleblu111ThunderAggieAggieFBObsession

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 5th, 2019, 10:17 pm

sdiggety wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 10:09 pm
Fans who don't understand and the game blame the QB for everything. Easiest scapegoat. Pics happen to all QB's. Love starts at LSU and burrows competes to take his spot- nfl scouts and coaches would agree with this, even if fans don't. LSU playing us was like us playing stony brook. The QB throws a clean game and can throw pretty much anything he wants. You saw Love make insane throws like the one to mariner over the dude's head. All you saw with burrow was great elusiveness but average passing against a weenie defensive effort. SLB is talking about some deeper stuff than who was better on the stat sheet or who won the game. I get sick of defending our own QB on here. I constantly hear him talked about in the media as the number 2 guy, and yet these fans who constantly bad mouth having someone nationally recognized like this at a school that never recruits above 3 stars deserve another losing season with a kent meyers for their lack of Love appreciation. Also LSU fans lingering to pick fights on the board of a team the convincingly blew out should leave and get back to their piggy bank so they can have enough money to pay their players under the table for next year.
Love completed half his passes today and barely half last week. Take away the screen passes and he is well under 50 percent.

The throw to Mariner was terrific. So was the throw to Nathan. But he threw three picks as well and the pick at the goal line was as bad of a throw as the throw to Mariner was good.

Burrows made many good throws as well - deep, middle and short and played really well. We did make him move in the pocket in the first half and his one interception should have been caught.

SLB

Post by SLB » October 6th, 2019, 9:08 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:24 pm
I thought Burrow did a really good job of avoiding pressure and keeping plays alive. We were in their backfield quite a bit. Especially on a few 3rd and longs but he escaped pursuit and made plays. The dude was good. Their receivers are unreal though. They don’t drop passes very often and the level of difficulty was really high on a lot of catches.
Yes, good at keeping plays alive, but it is clear that Burrow had no accurate throws when pressure.

Notatrueaggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » October 6th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Ok I’m being completely rational here. Love has had a bad season this year. One do I think the heisman hype has got to his head and the media hype saying he is a first round pick. Burrow had one hell of a game yesterday and probably be a heisman finalist imo. LSU fans should be excited for their team because they have a great shot at being in the cfp. It is ridiculous to pick fights on this dumba** board because we lost by 5 touchdowns. Yes do I think love has struggled this year. Do I think he is a bad player? No. I respect the hell out of LSU and burrow and I hope they win the rest of their games. I hope we can win the rest of our games. I hope burrow gave love some friendly advice and encouraged love. We all need to calm down and just stop whining. LSU might be the best team we have ever faced in usu history. We shouldn’t be upset that we lost we should be upset that we didn’t play our best. Now we should focus on Nevada and we should focus on robbing Boise of their ny6 hopes. I believe we will win. Go Aggies and thanks to all the LSU fans that made my experience in Baton Rouge a good one. I hope one day we can be like their stadium/football team etc. a man can dream
These users thanked the author Notatrueaggie for the post (total 2):
oleblu111ThunderAggie

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 6th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Ok I’m being completely rational here. Love has had a bad season this year. One do I think the heisman hype has got to his head and the media hype saying he is a first round pick. Burrow had one hell of a game yesterday and probably be a heisman finalist imo. LSU fans should be excited for their team because they have a great shot at being in the cfp. It is ridiculous to pick fights on this dumba** board because we lost by 5 touchdowns. Yes do I think love has struggled this year. Do I think he is a bad player? No. I respect the hell out of LSU and burrow and I hope they win the rest of their games. I hope we can win the rest of our games. I hope burrow gave love some friendly advice and encouraged love. We all need to calm down and just stop whining. LSU might be the best team we have ever faced in usu history. We shouldn’t be upset that we lost we should be upset that we didn’t play our best. Now we should focus on Nevada and we should focus on robbing Boise of their ny6 hopes. I believe we will win. Go Aggies and thanks to all the LSU fans that made my experience in Baton Rouge a good one. I hope one day we can be like their stadium/football team etc. a man can dream
Amen, thanks for the post :golfclap:

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » October 6th, 2019, 2:23 pm

OP also asserted that LSU was overrated with the other thread.

can't tell if trolling.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » October 6th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 8:55 pm
It's just an opinion. I don't think Love was better than Burrows at all today. I do agree with the sentiment that you switch places with the QBs and Love has a great game. That's not disparaging Burrows, it's a compliment to the rest of your team. Losses suck and people are venting about our teams performance. Rational will return tomorrow.
Our learned friend from Red Stick fails to understand that he is a visitor in somebody else's house on the most miserable day in a couple of years. He doesn't get it that time and place matter. He is ignorant and foolish to expect rationality on such a day. And he is pokiing a stick into the dog's kennel. He's friggin lucky not to get snarls and banning.

He is, in short, an idiot.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » October 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Burrow definitely has much better-receiving options but I was impressed with his ability to make plays under pressure and get first downs when things broke down. Love throws off his back foot and stares down his receivers. His play this year has been awful. Blame it on whoever you want but ultimately players have to make plays and Love's picks and a lot of his throws are way off the mark.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » October 6th, 2019, 3:04 pm

As soon as we face some lesser defenses in the conference we will all be amazed at the skills and fall in love with Love again. This will sting until we take out our frustration on Reno, can't wait for that, I love beating them!!

utaggies

Post by utaggies » October 6th, 2019, 4:09 pm

SLB wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:19 pm
Burrow was good with a clean pocket, but Burrow without a clean pocket struggled mightily. Burrow is going to fall apart in big games when he gets pressured.
Love didn't have a perfect game, and his stats look bad. Love was better than Burrow despite the different stats. Love can't run the routes for the WRs, catch the ball for the WR, or block for the O-line. The LSU defense predicted almost every play that we called too.
It was clear Warren missing made Love faced pass D all game long.
Love was better than Burrow? You’ve got to be kidding. Love’s QBR for the game was 33.6, good for #71 of the 97 quarterbacks that were rated this week. Burrow was #20 with a QBR of 79.0. For the season Love is ranked #91 out of 130 quarterbacks, had more interceptions than TDs and is behind 6 other MWC quarterbacks.

Without a significant turnaround it looks like he won’t be invited to attend the Heisman Trophy presentation. :roll:

Locked Previous topicNext topic