Final byu timeout

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Final byu timeout

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 8:49 am

Could calling a timeout with 23 seconds left in a 42-14 game, just so the head coach could pander to the crowd and get those losers a$$ fans to chant the name of the school over and over be any more low class?? I'm still shocked they didn't kick a damn field goal on the final play of the game. If Gary had any backbone he would have punched Kalani in the face at mid-field for pulling that punk a$$ move. Once they were done chanting, I repeatedly told the fans that were around me (all the Aggie fans were gone at this point) "this is exactly why no one likes you."
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
aggieman2828MachismoFullBLUERUFiOosuaggieAggieFBObsessionutahcountyaggie

Machismo

Re: Final byu timeout

Post by Machismo » November 3rd, 2019, 9:03 am

Speaking of punk azz moves how about the pace injuries? Everytime we get something going they would magically have an injury after we get a first down. We go to a tv time out then they have a chance to substitute and reset their defense. It was obvious what they were doing

Full

Post by Full » November 3rd, 2019, 9:03 am

Their band playing well after USU had snapped the ball or could have and the BYU fan running his mouth all game behind me made this par for the course. BYU and their fans suck.

It’s time to move on though. Beat Fresno.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 9:05 am

aggies22 wrote:Could calling a timeout with 23 seconds left in a 42-14 game, just so the head coach could pander to the crowd and get those losers a$$ fans to chant the name of the school over and over be any more low class?? I'm still shocked they didn't kick a damn field goal on the final play of the game. If Gary had any backbone he would have punched Kalani in the face at mid-field for pulling that punk a$$ move. Once they were done chanting, I repeatedly told the fans that were around me (all the Aggie fans were gone at this point) "this is exactly why no one likes you."
He called a timeout because we were driving to score with our starting QB, I would have too under those circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:08 am

Full wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:03 am
Their band playing well after USU had snapped the ball or could have and the BYU fan running his mouth all game behind me made this par for the course. BYU and their fans suck.

That's another thing. Who the hell let's the opposing teams band play on YOUR field??? As the home team is it OUR responsibility to make sure the opposing fans are entertained at half time?? This is part of the reason why those crazy weirdos feel so comfortable in our stadium. We made it like a freaking second home!
Last edited by aggies22 on November 3rd, 2019, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
MWCFAN12aggieman2828hipsterdoofus21

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:09 am

tetonaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:05 am
aggies22 wrote:Could calling a timeout with 23 seconds left in a 42-14 game, just so the head coach could pander to the crowd and get those losers a$$ fans to chant the name of the school over and over be any more low class?? I'm still shocked they didn't kick a damn field goal on the final play of the game. If Gary had any backbone he would have punched Kalani in the face at mid-field for pulling that punk a$$ move. Once they were done chanting, I repeatedly told the fans that were around me (all the Aggie fans were gone at this point) "this is exactly why no one likes you."
He called a timeout because we were driving to score with our starting QB, I would have too under those circumstances.

Up 28 with 23 seconds left? I sincerely doubt you would have. Especially since there was a better chance of us screwing it up than of actually finishing the drive.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:49 am
Could calling a timeout with 23 seconds left in a 42-14 game, just so the head coach could pander to the crowd and get those losers a$$ fans to chant the name of the school over and over be any more low class?? I'm still shocked they didn't kick a damn field goal on the final play of the game. If Gary had any backbone he would have punched Kalani in the face at mid-field for pulling that punk a$$ move. Once they were done chanting, I repeatedly told the fans that were around me (all the Aggie fans were gone at this point) "this is exactly why no one likes you."
Me and my brother talked about the exact same thing have the exact same time. That was a bush League move.
And then the pick the ball off with 15 seconds left and try and take it to the house was even a bigger Bush League move
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post (total 2):
aggies22Slim80

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:28 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am
aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:49 am
Me and my brother talked about the exact same thing have the exact same time. That was a bush League move.
And then the pick the ball off with 15 seconds left and try and take it to the house was even a bigger Bush League move
All the crazy irrational behavior just goes to show show that we truly are their Super Bowl.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:30 am

I am more concerned about our team not coming prepared to play. Granted there is no need to call a timeout in that situation, our coaches have bigger things to worry about then them calling a timeout in that situation.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:33 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:30 am
I am more concerned about our team not coming prepared to play. Granted there is no need to call a timeout in that situation, our coaches have bigger things to worry about then them calling a timeout in that situation.
I do agree. I just wondered if any of you found the move as lame as I did? I doubt Gary would have pulled the same move if the roles were reversed.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:37 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:33 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
I do agree. I just wondered if any of you found the move as lame as I did? I doubt Gary would have pulled the same move if the roles were reversed.

Not only would Gary have not have done it but Bronco would have not have done it. I can't imagine Bronco would have left his coaches sit there an egg on the fans

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:40 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:33 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
I doubt Gary would pull this stuff, but maybe at this time a little more fire in him, saltiness or competitiveness would go a long way. I am not going after his character with this post just frustrated at the product on the field.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » November 3rd, 2019, 9:42 am

You're assuming Gary is paying attention in this hypothetical forth quarter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Empire of Dirt for the post:
aggies22

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » November 3rd, 2019, 9:59 am

Full wrote:

I thought there were NCAA rules against playing during a play... If there are there should be some sort of punishment!

Jjoey53

Final byu timeout

Post by Jjoey53 » November 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am

aggies22 wrote:
Full wrote:

That's another thing. Who the hell let's the opposing teams band play on YOUR field??? As the home team is it OUR responsibility to make sure the opposing fans are entertained at half time?? This is part of the reason why those crazy weirdos feel so comfortable in our stadium. We made it like a freaking second home!

Letting the BYU band on the field is like inviting a neighbors dog you don’t like crapping on your lawn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jjoey53 on November 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Jjoey53 for the post (total 2):
MWCFAN12aggies22

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 3rd, 2019, 10:03 am

That time out was a total cheap shot and should have payback attached to it.

These users thanked the author Jjoey53 for the post:
aggies22

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 10:17 am

I had a really obnoxious YBU fan next to me. He was screaming the fight song at the top of his lungs.. It was obvious he was doing it to rub our faces in it. I was fine with until I asked him to be quiet so I could hear the Hero of the game (or whatever you call it). He wouldn’t stop singing so I could hear what they were saying. I was really bothered. The Hardmans (The family being honored) are awesome people and people I have known for a long time and are amazing people. The band was also playing during this. I was pissed after that. Seriously classless.
These users thanked the author Elkaggie for the post (total 4):
MWCFAN12aggies22LambchopsTurtle

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » November 3rd, 2019, 1:13 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 10:17 am
I had a really obnoxious YBU fan next to me. He was screaming the fight song at the top of his lungs.. It was obvious he was doing it to rub our faces in it. I was fine with until I asked him to be quiet so I could hear the Hero of the game (or whatever you call it). He wouldn’t stop singing so I could hear what they were saying. I was really bothered. The Hardmans (The family being honored) are awesome people and people I have known for a long time and are amazing people. The band was also playing during this. I was pissed after that. Seriously classless.
Playing through honoring the Hardmans was lame. I had a BYU fan and her daughter sitting next to me. I turned to them and said this is kinda low class. Can they at least hold off until after the recognition? She said I completely agree. She was actually pretty decent.

Byuaggie
Troll
Has thanked: 0

Post by Byuaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 6:33 pm

It seems to me that if USU still has their first string in and is trying to score even when it doesn't matter to the outcome of the game then it's game on. Why should BYU throw in the towel and stop playing if USU hasn't? Now if I'm wrong and USU was playing their backups then I'd say you have more of a case.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 3rd, 2019, 6:40 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am
All our guys would have done the same thing. Everyone wants the touchdown on their stat sheet.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
sneed

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm

Byuaggie wrote:It seems to me that if USU still has their first string in and is trying to score even when it doesn't matter to the outcome of the game then it's game on. Why should BYU throw in the towel and stop playing if USU hasn't? Now if I'm wrong and USU was playing their backups then I'd say you have more of a case.
Had no problem with them trying to score, that timeout, though, was totally classless and cheap.

These users thanked the author Jjoey53 for the post:
aggies22

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 7:27 pm

And I'd argue that fans booing injured opposing players that are injured (whether they actually think they are or not) is classless. But crap happens. Should the timeout have been called? Probably not. I'll be honest I wasn't paying too much attention at the end so I'm just reading between the lines on what happened, but if USU is trying to score and kalani calls a timeout cause he feels like he has the wrong personnel to stop them then I don't see the problem. Now if that isn't what happened then I'll admit complete ignorance and cede the point.

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » November 3rd, 2019, 7:30 pm

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:27 pm
And I'd argue that fans booing injured opposing players that are injured (whether they actually think they are or not) is classless. But crap happens. Should the timeout have been called? Probably not. I'll be honest I wasn't paying too much attention at the end so I'm just reading between the lines on what happened, but if USU is trying to score and kalani calls a timeout cause he feels like he has the wrong personnel to stop them then I don't see the problem. Now if that isn't what happened then I'll admit complete ignorance and cede the point.
You literally just said you didn’t pay attention to what happened but feel like you must tell us your opinion on the matter? Please go.

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 3rd, 2019, 7:37 pm

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:27 pm
Yes, I agree. Fans should not boo when players get injured as that is classless. However, it happens everywhere. Your fans would do the same thing if the game was in Provo and an Aggie was injured and it slowed the tempo of the game.

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 7:48 pm

Sorry Dwigt I didn't realize that BYU was kicking the crap out of USU would be so hard on you. I was doing other things while watching the end of the game since it was so one sided and didn't give it my full attention. I semi watched that particular point live but was responding to more than just that one part initially, and acknowledged that on the subject of the time out I don't have all the facts but have my assessment based on what I thought I understood from reading other posts. Until this post I don't think I said anything antagonising and simply wanted to discuss a football game with other fans as even though I'm a BYU fan first I went to USU for grad school and cheer for them when they aren't playing BYU. Since you decided to be an a**hole for no real reason how about you please go?

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 7:50 pm

Oh and I totally agree that BYU fans would boo other players doing the same thing. I'm just saying that classless things happen and there is no real reason to make it a big deal cause everyone does it. It wasn't over the line on either side so why make it a big deal?

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm

If you don't want sand kicked in your face, i.e., late game TO, don't let the other team beat you like a play toy for 60 minutes. Our players and coaches didn't even put up a fight.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
bluegrouse

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 8:07 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:If you don't want sand kicked in your face, i.e., late game TO, don't let the other team beat you like a play toy for 60 minutes. Our players and coaches didn't even put up a fight.
^^^^ this

Also, if you don’t want players who fall down to get booed, don’t have them blatantly fake injuries to get timeouts. The sad part is the BYU kid was really hurt, but it had just been pulled off twice immediately before the real injury. Ask the BYU coaches if they were offending by the booing. I’d bet they would say it was deserved if they are being honest about it.

I still think players need to sit the rest of the series if they are hurt or a timeout must be called. If you’re hurt, your hurt. BYU and Air Force exploit an area of the game that should never be exploited.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

sneed

Post by sneed » November 3rd, 2019, 8:15 pm

I boo’d the time out but I think it was totally fine to call a time out with Love still in (he should not have been jn). Also, if you get a pick you take it as far as you can.

The “injuries” bothered me. 5 “injuries” ALL on first downs. To be fair the last one was legit but you can’t cry wolf and not want to hear booing for injuries.

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 3rd, 2019, 8:16 pm

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:48 pm
Sorry Dwigt I didn't realize that BYU was kicking the crap out of USU would be so hard on you. I was doing other things while watching the end of the game since it was so one sided and didn't give it my full attention. I semi watched that particular point live but was responding to more than just that one part initially, and acknowledged that on the subject of the time out I don't have all the facts but have my assessment based on what I thought I understood from reading other posts. Until this post I don't think I said anything antagonising and simply wanted to discuss a football game with other fans as even though I'm a BYU fan first I went to USU for grad school and cheer for them when they aren't playing BYU. Since you decided to be an a**hole for no real reason how about you please go?
Are you okay?

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm

I'm fine Dwigt, but to use an excuse I heard a lot during my time at USU, it's fans like you that make other fan bases dislike USU fans.
But I agree that a rule should be looked at that says a player that gets injured and stops play should have to sit out the drive, or a certain number of plays, or something like that so that teams don't use that as a loophole in the rules.

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 3rd, 2019, 8:35 pm

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm
I'm fine Dwigt, but to use an excuse I heard a lot during my time at USU, it's fans like you that make other fan bases dislike USU fans.
But I agree that a rule should be looked at that says a player that gets injured and stops play should have to sit out the drive, or a certain number of plays, or something like that so that teams don't use that as a loophole in the rules.
All I did was point out you were making an opinion on a play you admitted you didn’t pay attention to. If that pisses you off, that’s a problem with you man.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » November 3rd, 2019, 8:39 pm

Seriously though, WHO allowed the BYU band to attend?? They have some explaining to do. Total garbage.

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » November 3rd, 2019, 8:48 pm

sneed wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:15 pm
I boo’d the time out but I think it was totally fine to call a time out with Love still in (he should not have been jn). Also, if you get a pick you take it as far as you can.

The “injuries” bothered me. 5 “injuries” ALL on first downs. To be fair the last one was legit but you can’t cry wolf and not want to hear booing for injuries.
I disagree about the pick. If the coach has done his job then the player knows the difference between being a sportsman and a DB. Returning a pick for a touchdown in that situation is a total prick move. But why would we expect anything less from those Regulators of Class.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 3rd, 2019, 8:52 pm

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm
Have you read Cougarboard or been to a game in Provo? BYU fans have no room to talk about how Aggie fans are disliked, crazy, or rude.

Locked Previous topicNext topic