Embarrassments

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Naked Bull Rider

Embarrassments

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 2nd, 2019, 11:16 pm

1. Strong-armed hire GA (thank Laub and friends)
2. JUSTIN ENA
3. Sanford
4. Love

Work trips will prevent me from attending the WYO and BSU game. Honestly couldn’t be happier to give the rest of my season tix away.

Before any of you come after me for being upset with GA... go listen to ANY of his fire-less interviews from weeks’ past. I used to want to run through a wall for that guy when I heard him talk. Now he sounds like the teacher from the peanuts. This team and this staff suck. Tania- congrats to your boy on a good game. He was the only thing that impressed me tonight.
These users thanked the author Naked Bull Rider for the post:
Section_L_Aggie

Machismo

Re: Embarrassments

Post by Machismo » November 2nd, 2019, 11:20 pm

I wonder if Gary is on meds of some kind. He is emotionless, just stands there with a blank stare. Getting out schemed lately as well. I guess we will have to see what he does next season with the O and D.

TomMangum

Post by TomMangum » November 2nd, 2019, 11:28 pm

Gary couldn't two (I can't express myself without swearing)...

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 2nd, 2019, 11:33 pm

I guess I have my answer on if I should care about the rest of the season. I’m dialing it down for the last quarter of the season.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 3rd, 2019, 12:16 am

It never works when you take the ex back. I wasn't excited at all when GA was hired. This is just me being honest. He won't elevate the program.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

bigbluebaby

Post by bigbluebaby » November 3rd, 2019, 12:32 am

After Wells (Whom many hated for too much fire).

Gary is a poor substitute.

You can be friends with the players but at some level you have to motivate them.

Matt motivated players. Some did not like it and some did. Regardless they showed up to play.

Gary is their buddy , but they need a coach.

"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 3rd, 2019, 12:35 am

On the KVNU postgame, someone said Gary “sounded like a guy who was wondering if he still wanted to coach” during the post-game interview tonight. I thought that sounded about right.

It sure feels like we are angling towards an Oregon State situation here.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
BLUERUFiO

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » November 3rd, 2019, 12:40 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:35 am
On the KVNU postgame, someone said Gary “sounded like a guy who was wondering if he still wanted to coach” during the post-game interview tonight. I thought that sounded about right.

I honestly couldn’t even hear the presser with GA over the BYU celebration that was going on in the background. Sickening.
These users thanked the author AGGZILLA for the post:
aggies22

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 3rd, 2019, 12:43 am

bigblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:16 am
It never works when you take the ex back. I wasn't excited at all when GA was hired. This is just me being honest. He won't elevate the program.

Sure but I don't mind us giving Gary one last shot here. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. Not the end of the world

Gary turned our program around, I'm not going to hate on the guy who did that...and I honestly will feel terrible for him if this is truly his last hurrah, on a personal level. Let's hope he can figure it out
These users thanked the author MetsJetsAggies for the post (total 3):
JSHarveyAggiesForevercrazywookie

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » November 3rd, 2019, 1:20 am

How long is Gary’s contract?

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 1:22 am

bigbluebaby wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 12:32 am

You can be friends with the players but at some level you have to motivate them.

Matt motivated players. Some did not like it and some did. Regardless they showed up to play.

Yeah. That 3-9 year under Matt was great.
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post:
aceofspadeskb

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 1:30 am

BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 1:22 am
bigbluebaby wrote:

No but the 6 or 7 bowl appearances sure were! Gary's going to have us right back where he started with us the first time. 4 wins. But the excuse was "but look at what he inherited." Yep, an 11 win team.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 1:35 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 1:30 am
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

No but the 6 or 7 bowl appearances sure were! Gary's going to have us right back where he started with us the first time. 4 wins. But the excuse was "but look at what he inherited." Yep, an 11 win team.
Greene, Tarver, Ficklin et al still have eligibility left?
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post:
aceofspadeskb

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 1:40 am

BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 1:35 am
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

I don't believe so. The new coaching staff brought in 8 push forwards over the summer. A much bigger emphasis should have been placed on WRs.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 1:47 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 1:40 am
BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 1:35 am
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

I don't believe so. The new coaching staff brought in 8 push forwards over the summer. A much bigger emphasis should have been placed on WRs.
Exactly. He didn’t inherit an 11-2 team. Can we even argue he inherited an 11-2 program? Maybe. I am open to hear why you think Gary inherited an 11-2 program.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 3rd, 2019, 1:52 am

aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

Gary went to a few bowls and still might this year, is that the bar?

3-9, 6-7, 11-2 L3 years. So we could say he inherited a 20-18 program also, and it'd probably be more accurate

bullshot

Post by bullshot » November 3rd, 2019, 5:30 am

That was hard to watch

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 5:33 am

There is no passion in Gary and we might as well have a statue down there on the sidelines. We did not hire even the shadow of what Gary Andersen was. I HATED the hire so I’m probably just jaded but there are so many things broken right now I’m not sure even an off season can fix them.

Did Tipa even play last night? We let there second and third string QBs have their way with us all night. And I’d kill to have even a shadow of BYU’s offense which I firmly believe if you combine teams that our guys would start over their guys at almost every position. That is on Gary. He built this program from a ghost town into a thriving metropolis, but where we are headed in year one is right back to a ghost town and I don’t think he even really cares.

His post game interview was apathetic at best. He truly sounds like he is in over his head like Tim Duryea did with no idea how to fix it. How long before he starts throwing his assistants under the bus? He already threw the entire offense under the bus to protect Jordan Love. I don’t think is the problem at all, but why throw the other 10 guys that play with him under the bus? He has taken no accountability himself which is what a coach should do.

Our team quite at halftime. There is no way to spin that. There are no built in excuses about poor fans or weather. It have not seen a team quit since Gary’s first year against Hawaii.

I don’t know what the fix is, and apparently nothing can be done until next year anyway. I do know that I will be there the rest of the year to cheer our kids on and hoping that will turn things around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » November 3rd, 2019, 5:57 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

Gary went to a few bowls and still might this year, is that the bar?

3-9, 6-7, 11-2 L3 years. So we could say he inherited a 20-18 program also, and it'd probably be more accurate
How about a team or coach that looks like they want to compete. Is that a low enough bar?

I can take losing, but the last two games have just been straight out humiliation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 3rd, 2019, 6:09 am

ineptimusprime wrote:

Honestly, that’s the way he has sounded to me every time I’ve heard him speak since he’s been back. Just doesn’t sound like his heart is in it. I’ve been blasted for saying it and I don’t want it to be true but that’s been my honest assessment from the start.

coolag

Post by coolag » November 3rd, 2019, 6:47 am

ineptimusprime wrote:

Maybe Craig Smith can help Gary with his motivation issues. In our "exhibition" game Smith was going crazy numerous times throughout the game. Reminded me of a Gary I once knew.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 2):
JSHarveynewtonianblue

Regulator of Class

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 7:55 am

dyedblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:33 am
There is no passion in Gary and we might as well have a statue down there on the sidelines. We did not hire even the shadow of what Gary Andersen was. I HATED the hire so I’m probably just jaded but there are so many things broken right now I’m not sure even an off season can fix them.

Did Tipa even play last night? We let there second and third string QBs have their way with us all night. And I’d kill to have even a shadow of BYU’s offense which I firmly believe if you combine teams that our guys would start over their guys at almost every position. That is on Gary. He built this program from a ghost town into a thriving metropolis, but where we are headed in year one is right back to a ghost town and I don’t think he even really cares.

His post game interview was apathetic at best. He truly sounds like he is in over his head like Tim Duryea did with no idea how to fix it. How long before he starts throwing his assistants under the bus? He already threw the entire offense under the bus to protect Jordan Love. I don’t think is the problem at all, but why throw the other 10 guys that play with him under the bus? He has taken no accountability himself which is what a coach should do.

Our team quite at halftime. There is no way to spin that. There are no built in excuses about poor fans or weather. It have not seen a team quit since Gary’s first year against Hawaii.

I don’t know what the fix is, and apparently nothing can be done until next year anyway. I do know that I will be there the rest of the year to cheer our kids on and hoping that will turn things around.

Tipa did play he left i think in the 3rd qtr with some lower leg injury or so it seemed.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » November 3rd, 2019, 8:53 am

aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

My Lord, did he inherited last years O line, plus D. Thompson, Tarver Green and, Dax ? This loss was men vs. Boy's it was very bad, but lets keep it honest on here. 2 starters on offence is what he inherited.. This team is not tough at all that is his job to fix if does not then he will be gone

This team is physically weak, they are getting beat upfront on both sides of the ball that needs to change before you can do anything that is on Gary to change that.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
aceofspadeskb

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:02 am

oleblu111 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:53 am
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

My Lord, did he inherited last years O line, plus D. Thompson, Tarver Green and, Dax ? This loss was men vs. Boy's it was very bad, but lets keep it honest on here. 2 starters on offence is what he inherited.. This team is not tough at all that is his job to fix if does not then he will be gone

This team is physically weak, they are getting beat upfront on both sides of the ball that needs to change before you can do anything that is on Gary to change that.
Your argument in behalf of the offense is exactly the opposite argument for the defense. All those guys were here last year and most of them were starters! Did they suddenly become physically weak, technically unsound and completely undisciplined in just one year?

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 3rd, 2019, 9:10 am

aggies22 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:02 am
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

Your argument in behalf of the offense is exactly the opposite argument for the defense. All those guys were here last year and most of them were starters! Did they suddenly become physically weak, technically unsound and completely undisciplined in just one year?
We were told by the players themselves that the offseason conditioning program was the most punishing and grueling activities they have ever been a part of. I'm not sure what happens during that time but all I see is both are lines getting blown off the ball, man handled and just plain bullied! It's so weird to see this, Gary's first stint here was the complete opposite.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:13 am

Machismo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:10 am
aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

We were told by the players themselves that the offseason conditioning program was the most punishing and grueling activities they have ever been a part of. I'm not sure what happens during that time but all I see is both are lines getting blown off the ball, man handled and just plain bullied! It's so weird to see this, Gary's first stint here was the complete opposite.
100% accurate. Every player that I've spoken with talked about how difficult the off-season program was.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 3rd, 2019, 9:14 am

I'm starting to wonder if there is some division in the locker room. It's feeling like they aren't a brotherhood anymore.

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 9:14 am

aggies22 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

This is a good exercise - would appreciate you listing each position starter last year, at the beginning of they year and now headed into the fresno game. I am not well versed in all the changes as you. Data/information is good. Would also show how players like Tipa have been moved to another position. Something like:

ILB: Woodward, Woodward, ?Shelton

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am

oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

Love. Bright. Nathan. Terrell. That is four of the top of my head, plus a lot of guys that saw time on the field last year.

The talent is not the reason we’re getting killed.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

DCAggie24

Post by DCAggie24 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:25 am

My father texted me during the fourth quarter and asked me a hypothetical question that caused me to pause and think pretty deeply and I’m not sure I have an answer yet.

Would you rather have Love Or Gary next year? Meaning if I had to choose one over the other which would it be? (Obvious hyperbole vacuum question)

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 3rd, 2019, 11:25 am

DCAggie24 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:25 am
Would you rather have Love Or Gary next year? Meaning if I had to choose one over the other which would it be? (Obvious hyperbole vacuum question)
Neither. Though if I’m forced to choose, I’d take Love and sit him. Gary isn’t deserving of a leadership position in any program.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » November 3rd, 2019, 11:35 am

dyedblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

Love. Bright. Nathan. Terrell. That is four of the top of my head, plus a lot of guys that saw time on the field last year.

Three of the 4 you named are not nearly as good as those that left, plus the O line is very poor, not even close to last seasons That is a killer. The defense is not playing up to where they should be that is a concern for me. I saw a team that is not tough upfront on either side of the ball. In order to improve that must change. I guess as a old O lineman I put more attention to that than skill players.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 11:45 am

oleblu111 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 11:35 am
dyedblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am
oleblu111 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
BeNo wrote:
bigbluebaby wrote:

Three of the 4 you named are not nearly as good as those that left, plus the O line is very poor, not even close to last seasons That is a killer. The defense is not playing up to where they should be that is a concern for me. I saw a team that is not tough upfront on either side of the ball. In order to improve that must change. I guess as a old O lineman I put more attention to that than skill players.
We are not good on the lines. On offense we have decent skill players but the oline is not good right now. Dline is for sure getting worse as the season goes on.

GUS

Post by GUS » November 3rd, 2019, 11:59 am

There were times that the O line game Love enough time last night, but our schemes and routes are horrible. It's like the other team knows exactly what we are going to do each play. I give Gary next season to make us competitive in each game. If we have another season where the whole team looks lost and uninspired, then it's time for Hartwell to pull the trigger.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 3rd, 2019, 12:19 pm

Offensive line wasn't the problem last night.

Locked Previous topicNext topic