Bairstow

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Bairstow

Post by slcagg » October 31st, 2019, 7:41 pm

For those of you that saw him play, what kind of impact can he have this year. Looks big and can pass and great elevation. Could he possibly have the talent to be in the running for freshman of the year?

jwaggie

Re: Bairstow

Post by jwaggie » October 31st, 2019, 8:25 pm

I love his feel for the game. He ran the point most of the second half and had some great passes after penetrating or pushing the ball up the floor.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » November 1st, 2019, 1:19 pm

I'm stoked for Bairstow. I came away from Wednesday's game for excited for him this season. Granted, the competition wasn't that great but he had some great moves that would make think he wasn't a freshman. Kid has some good play making abilities. Hopefully he can transition into the speed of D1 quick because it will take some pressure off Sam.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Post by aggies1 » November 1st, 2019, 1:30 pm

I felt like Bairstow played very composed and didn't try to force anything. His IQ for the game impressed me the most for being a true freshman. I think Bairstow will end up being a BIG TIME player before all is said and done. He is a lot like Sam in that he sees the floor really well and seems to make the right play. I think he will be hard to keep off the floor as the season goes on.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 1st, 2019, 1:52 pm

All you have to do is remember what Smith said about Bairstow a few months ago. It was reported on this board that Coach Smith singled out Bairstow as the new recruit this year who can significantly contribute this season.

His brother was really, really good at New Mexico. I expect the same or better from Sean.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 1st, 2019, 5:43 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 1:52 pm
All you have to do is remember what Smith said about Bairstow a few months ago. It was reported on this board that Coach Smith singled out Bairstow as the new recruit this year who can significantly contribute this season.

His brother was really, really good at New Mexico. I expect the same or better from Sean.
I ALWAYS expect more from little brothers.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
AggieFBObsession

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 2nd, 2019, 5:58 am

mcaggie1 wrote:

Smith talked some about him in his postgame. Said he is really starting to turn a corner the last week. Said the kid is extremely versatile. You could hear his excitement about him (granted smith is always excited and positive). I agree with the poster that this kid is going to make it hard for smith not to play him a lot this year.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

SLB

Post by SLB » November 2nd, 2019, 12:42 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 5:58 am
mcaggie1 wrote:

Smith talked some about him in his postgame. Said he is really starting to turn a corner the last week. Said the kid is extremely versatile. You could hear his excitement about him (granted smith is always excited and positive). I agree with the poster that this kid is going to make it hard for smith not to play him a lot this year.
Coach Smith is honest and positive of what is happening. Remember, Coach Smith basically pointed out that Bean looked good in practice last season around the Eastern Oregon game = Bean had regular minutes in the 2nd half of the season starting with Eastern Oregon.
Side note
I got criticized that I thought Bean looked good and potentially a starter after the Eastern Oregon game. I got to say I called it :lol:
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
AggieFBObsession

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 2nd, 2019, 1:20 pm

slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

Can this be found online? I do not see it on the Zone's website.

Where only sage brush grows

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » November 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pm

slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

With all due respect, Smith could get people excited about a new set of shoelaces.
Last edited by Yossarian on November 2nd, 2019, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
slcagg

Eutaw St. Aggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 2nd, 2019, 1:35 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 1:20 pm
slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

https://content.production.cdn.art19.co ... 103019.mp3
Last edited by slcagg on November 2nd, 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 2nd, 2019, 1:47 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 1:35 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

It is in scotty g’s podcast aggies all the way.
Do you have a link? The newest post I see is from Feb...

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » November 2nd, 2019, 2:40 pm

All the post games are loaded to the Aggies All The Way podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a ... 0455625865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 2nd, 2019, 3:18 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 1:47 pm
slcagg wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

Not sure if you saw this earlier

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 2nd, 2019, 4:48 pm

slcagg wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 3:18 pm
MrBiggle wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 1:47 pm
slcagg wrote:
MrBiggle wrote:
slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

Not sure if you saw this earlier

Thank you!

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 2nd, 2019, 9:48 pm

Yossarian wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pm
slcagg wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:

With all due respect, Smith could get people excited about a new set of shoelaces.
I bought 20 pair.....and I wear mostly slip ones. :notworthy:

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 4th, 2019, 9:39 am

SLB wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 12:42 pm
I got criticized that I thought Bean looked good and potentially a starter after the Eastern Oregon game. I got to say I called it :lol:
Golf clap. Congrats for pointing out the obvious.

Remind me who criticized you? Many on this board were calling for "more Bean, please" very early on. If anything, you were late to the party.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 4th, 2019, 10:37 am

ChicAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:39 am
SLB wrote:

Remind me who criticized you? Many on this board were calling for "more Bean, please" very early on. If anything, you were late to the party.
There was one person who was criticizing all our walkons. Remember, Bean was a walk-on....
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 3):
lcrasmusZaggie07TrueBlue

SLB

Post by SLB » November 4th, 2019, 11:15 am

treesap32 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:37 am
ChicAggie wrote:
SLB wrote:

There was one person who was criticizing all our walkons. Remember, Bean was a walk-on....
I made it more obvious because I made the deep dive in the stats to prove my point on Bean.

USUaggie

Post by USUaggie » November 4th, 2019, 12:23 pm

So what happened to USU Blue? Is he still alive?

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » November 4th, 2019, 12:34 pm

SLB wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 11:15 am
treesap32 wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
SLB wrote:

I made it more obvious because I made the deep dive in the stats to prove my point on Bean.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48234

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 4th, 2019, 12:43 pm

MrBiggle wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 12:34 pm
SLB wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 11:15 am
treesap32 wrote:
ChicAggie wrote:
SLB wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=48234
After reviewing that thread, I’m also gonna give myself a big pat on the back for seeing something in Bean, but also for having a balanced objective take on the situation.

:lol:

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 4th, 2019, 1:19 pm

Ahh, yes. You got criticized by USUBlue. That doesn't really count. If you were in "Chat" during the games, you may have noticed many clamoring for more Bean from early in the season. I also wouldn't say that reciting basic box score stats qualifies as a "deep dive."

I apologize for having my panties in a bunch. It was a terrible weekend of sports as far as I'm concerned, and the "hey, look at me, I predicted something accurately" posts always drive me a little crazy. Unless it's me doing it.

SLB

Post by SLB » November 4th, 2019, 1:21 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Ahh, yes. You got criticized by USUBlue. That doesn't really count. If you were in "Chat" during the games, you may have noticed many clamoring for more Bean from early in the season. I also wouldn't say that reciting basic box score stats qualifies as a "deep dive."

I apologize for having my panties in a bunch. It was a terrible weekend of sports as far as I'm concerned, and the "hey, look at me, I predicted something accurately" posts always drive me a little crazy. Unless it's me doing it.
I gave per game stats that I manually calculated and somewhere did per minute stats.

SLB

Post by SLB » November 4th, 2019, 1:31 pm

I was the first one to point out that I thought there was real potential in Brito.
My prediction at the time was off, but I said that Brito could be a good player at the time which came true.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 4th, 2019, 1:38 pm

SLB wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:31 pm
I was the first one to point out that I thought there was real potential in Brito.
My prediction at the time was off, but I said that Brito could be a good player at the time which came true.
We're allowing you the one self-pat on the back. If you keep this up we're going to break both your arms.

SLB

Post by SLB » November 4th, 2019, 1:39 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:38 pm
SLB wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:31 pm
We're allowing you the one self-pat on the back. If you keep this up we're going to break both your arms.
After the arms, what should you break next?
I know for certain that I would be disarmed at that point.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 4th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Good job to all. You're all the prettiest girl at the dance. Isn't this a Bairstow thread? How did this turn into a "look at what I said" thread?

Watching Bairstow at the exhibition game, he played point a lot, right? Going forward, is that the intent for this season? I know that his capability/versatility has been discussed at length, but from my understanding, I thought he would be destined for more of a 3 long-term.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
MrBiggle

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:42 pm
Good job to all. You're all the prettiest girl at the dance. Isn't this a Bairstow thread? How did this turn into a "look at what I said" thread?

Watching Bairstow at the exhibition game, he played point a lot, right? Going forward, is that the intent for this season? I know that his capability/versatility has been discussed at length, but from my understanding, I thought he would be destined for more of a 3 long-term.
Point forward? Yes please.

SLB

Post by SLB » November 4th, 2019, 1:54 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Point forward? Yes please.
Nothing more can be said until tomorrow really. I was just teasing folks here who criticize my bold predictions like Bean, Brito, and Love(football) that have come true to a certain degree.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm

I also Love Bean Britos.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleChicAggie

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 4th, 2019, 3:27 pm

treesap32 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm
I also Love Bean Britos.
As I was growing up, my parents were health-food nuts and didn't take us out for much fast food. One semiannual-ish exception was Taco Time. So I developed a hankerin' for the crispy Bean Brito from Taco Bell as a wee lad. Mmmmm . . . Bean Britos. Long story longer, I identified the Bean Brito as a star back in the 70s, long before SLB or Treesap were even born.

As for Bairstow, I love that Smith was extremely positive about him a month or two ago, then seemed to up the ante when he suggested he turned a real corner this past week. Combine that with solid play at the Point Forward/Guard position in the exhibition, and I'm extremely bullish on Bairstow being a major contributor as a true freshman.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
MrBiggle

Locked Previous topicNext topic