Several Flashbacks in one drive

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Several Flashbacks in one drive

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm

During the Lions last drive against the Raiders today, there were several flashbacks in a short period of time during that drive.

The ref was Shawn Hochuli, the ref who we had when we beat Utah who has since been promoted to NFL ref, and who explained things in detail just like his dad was famous for, hinting to us that he was his son without us knowing beforehand, or even knowing Ed had a son who was a ref. Well, just like when we get called for pass interference when we tipped the ball, but committed the foul before the ball was tipped and Shawn explained it, the Raiders committed a similar pass interference call where the ball was tipped, and Shawn similarly made a point to say "Before the ball was tipped."

The Raiders had Nevin Lawson in, who I found out while watching had been demoted to backup, but moved back up to starter for the last drive cause of a guy in front of him getting hurt, and going against his old team of all teams. Well, he got a 26 yard pass interference penalty like he was known for here, setting up the Lions at the 6. The announcers were ripping him apart for holding the guys arm and not being disciplined enough to trust that his safety would get there.

Then, the Lions completed a pass to the 1, with time running and them out of timeouts, and the Raiders did something questionable, calling a timeout with 8 seconds left, which would bring back flashbacks to when we did that in the 90's right down on the other side of the bay, just down I-880.

Finally, someone here posted there are scary parallels between GA not being the same as his younger self the first time and Jon Gruden not being the same as his younger self.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
El Sapo

El Sapo

Re: Several Flashbacks in one drive

Post by El Sapo » November 5th, 2019, 10:15 am

Great memory GFA

I was there for the timeout in San Jose and you are correct, it was exactly the same thing that Gruden did. Didn't our coach say it was a player that made the call? There was definate confusion on our sidelines. It seems like SJS was really scrambling to get to the line and get a play off and might not have been able to without us calling timeout. I can't remember if we lost that game? When it works it's a great call when it doesn't it's horrible. It was just one

I guess the correct move is to wait as long as you can to see if the other team is going to get the play off, then decide if you have the correct defense on the field and the right defense called. Gotta figure that the offense does have a slight advantage because they could have called 2 plays in the previous huddle.

FYI, Levitt was part of a successful fake punt for the Raiders. He took the direct snap and made a handoff that went for a first down. He's been a regular on special teams this season.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2019, 11:44 am

El Sapo wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 10:15 am
Great memory GFA

I was there for the timeout in San Jose and you are correct, it was exactly the same thing that Gruden did. Didn't our coach say it was a player that made the call? There was definate confusion on our sidelines. It seems like SJS was really scrambling to get to the line and get a play off and might not have been able to without us calling timeout. I can't remember if we lost that game? When it works it's a great call when it doesn't it's horrible. It was just one
San Jose State made the field goal. USU78 once posted that he knew who the player was who called timeout but would not tell us. I wasn't a fan at the time and just heard about it years later. But I once worked with a guy who, after over 20 years, could still remember his parents calling him from San Jose upset about that.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 5th, 2019, 11:52 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:44 am
El Sapo wrote:
Great memory GFA

San Jose State made the field goal. USU78 once posted that he knew who the player was who called timeout but would not tell us. I wasn't a fan at the time and just heard about it years later. But I once worked with a guy who, after over 20 years, could still remember his parents calling him from San Jose upset about that.
Still ain't talkin'.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
El Sapo

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm

USU78 wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:52 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 11:44 am
El Sapo wrote:
Great memory GFA

Still ain't talkin'.
Love it!

Locked Previous topicNext topic