Have the Wheels come OFF?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieSox

Have the Wheels come OFF?

Post by AggieSox » November 4th, 2019, 4:18 pm

After pondering all weekend:

1. We have had 2 games where the on field effort was absolutely a joke AF & BYU. Nevada and CSU were very bad teams and not impressive USU Games to watch, that should have been our heads up for the fall out.
2. Halftime adjustments by Coaches' have been non existent. BYU throws in a cold QB with a injured foot, he was hobbling all over, comes out of half and drives down your throat for a TD. Zero Energy in 3rd quarter, Zero Adjustments, Zero anything to cheer for.
3. Gary seems to have ZERO positive impact on Coach's and players.
4. Play Calling was a JOKE, Very predictable.
5. Gary Looks completely lost on sideline during game walking around. What's up with him.

If we get blown out again at Fresno, then I would say Wheels have come off, if we win that one, wheels are still on.
Last edited by AggieSox on November 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YoungBloodAggie

Re: Have the Wheels come OFF?

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 4th, 2019, 6:11 pm

Thanks for this dumbass post. Was hoping to see someone argue for completely subjective things like “impact on coaches” and “seeming lost on the sideline.”
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
Sl7vk

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 4th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Thank you. Great comment. You got
Something to say, let’s hear it.

GUS

Post by GUS » November 4th, 2019, 9:12 pm

I got to agree with AggieSox. If we get blown out at Fresno, the wheels have come off. It will show that the coaches don't know how to adjust when player changes happen.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
AggieSox

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 4th, 2019, 9:41 pm

AggieSox wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 4:18 pm
After pondering all weekend:

1. We have had 2 games where the on field effort was absolutely a joke AF & BYU. Nevada and CSU were very bad teams and not impressive USU Games to watch, that should have been our heads up for the fall out.
2. Halftime adjustments by Coaches' have been non existent. BYU throws in a cold QB with a injured foot, he was hobbling all over, comes out of half and drives down your throat for a TD. Zero Energy in 3rd quarter, Zero Adjustments, Zero anything to cheer for.
3. Gary seems to have ZERO positive impact on Coach's and players.
4. Play Calling was a JOKE, Very predictable.
5. Gary Looks completely lost on sideline during game walking around. What's up with him.

If we get blown out again at Fresno, then I would say Wheels have come off, if we win that one, wheels are still on.
You on meth? Never seen someone panic so quickly? Its going to be all right man we're going bowling this yr! Which is what the expectation was all a long. I will give you this losing Woody is going to hurt!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 4th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Here was our status from the second half of SDSU until AF

This is where we were with the Air Force game.

And here we are after getting beat by the Tigers.

Wheels are off gentlemen. Hold on to your butts.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 4):
AgMacFloridaAggie13AggieSoxMachismo

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 4th, 2019, 9:55 pm

The Wagon Wheels have definitely come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
AggieSox

Hail Aggies!

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 4th, 2019, 10:36 pm

You on meth? Never seen someone panic so quickly? Its going to be all right man we're going bowling this yr! Which is what the expectation was all a long. I will give you this losing Woody is going to hurt!
[/quote]

I have never done meth, but thinking about it after the last 2 weeks, when we looked like a bunch of freaking losers the entire game at AF(unprepared to play, no adjustments at half and run the same freaking 3 plays over and over) and 2nd half of BYU game. Did you watch either game? Are you smoking freaking weed or what? we look like we went backwards 15 years the last 2 games. read my post, if we get blown out again this week, we are a freaking dumpster fire, the wheels have come off, GA needs to go. Do you read me?? Sorry if this sounds like i'm on meth. :bangwall:

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 4th, 2019, 10:37 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:45 pm

Finally, somebody who has a clue. Wheels are not totally off, but very close.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 4th, 2019, 10:39 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:55 pm

You really think they are off? 100%? I know they were off the last 2 games, but I don't think the season is lost yet, if we get blown out again and score 7-14 points, then we are OFF 100%

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 4th, 2019, 10:40 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 6:11 pm
Thanks for this dumbass post. Was hoping to see someone argue for completely subjective things like “impact on coaches” and “seeming lost on the sideline.”
What freaking game's have you been watching? You on Meth or what...….You think's its the hot dogs?

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 5th, 2019, 5:29 am

AggieSox wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:36 pm
I have never done meth, but thinking about it after the last 2 weeks, when we looked like a bunch of freaking losers the entire game at AF(unprepared to play, no adjustments at half and run the same freaking 3 plays over and over) and 2nd half of BYU game. Did you watch either game? Are you smoking freaking weed or what? we look like we went backwards 15 years the last 2 games. read my post, if we get blown out again this week, we are a freaking dumpster fire, the wheels have come off, GA needs to go. Do you read me?? Sorry if this sounds like i'm on meth. :bangwall:
[/quote]
Who's the most important player on the field? Thats right the QB he is having a very poor yr, I hate to single out players. I prefer to be supportive but JLove has to make better decisions with the fb, he's making reads that you'd expect a FR. To make not a high level NFL QB.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 5th, 2019, 5:30 am

AggieSox wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:36 pm
[/quote]
Who's the most important player on the field? Thats right the QB he is having a very poor yr, I hate to single out players. I prefer to be supportive but JLove has to make better decisions with the fb, he's making reads that you'd expect a FR. To make not a high level NFL QB.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 5th, 2019, 7:53 am

I think there are many on this board who either need to learn how to cope with the disappointment, start drinking some alcohol, or just turn off the games when you are getting mad.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
AggieSoxbluegrouse

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » November 5th, 2019, 7:56 am

NVAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 7:53 am
I think there are many on this board who either need to learn how to cope with the disappointment, start drinking some alcohol, or just turn off the games when you are getting mad.
So, sometimes alcohol is the answer??? Saaaawwwweeeettttt!!! Thanks NV, time for some day drinking on Saturday
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
AggieSox

Go Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 5th, 2019, 8:13 am

I've personally chosen to just turn off the games when I start getting mad. You are an adult, I doubt you have been waiting for my approval.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » November 5th, 2019, 8:22 am

All joking aside, I turn it off as well. When I was younger, playing golf with my Dad, I'd get so pissed off if I was playing poorly. One day my old man said, "you know this is supposed to be fun and relaxing. If it isn't, why you doing it?" I look at Aggie sports the same way. Its football, its supposed to be fun. If it isn't why you watching it?
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
NVAggie

Go Aggies!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 5th, 2019, 8:38 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

This post made me laugh, that is about how it feels after the last 2 games. Hopefully we can get the tires back on and get a victory this week.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » November 5th, 2019, 8:39 am

Well THE *Wagon Wheel* is certainly off to Provo! :-(

I'm hoping the team (and coaches) correct the problems and the team finishes well, but I'm not expecting it to.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post:
AggieSox

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » November 5th, 2019, 9:28 am

I don't have much faith that we will turn it around this season, but I have hope that it may possibly happen. I will be sitting in front of my TV on Saturday to see if we make something happen.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
AggieSox

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 5th, 2019, 9:29 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:55 pm

:lol: That's for sure, she is gone.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 5th, 2019, 9:31 am

NVAggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 7:53 am
Now, this is good counsel here! How do we frame this one?

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 5th, 2019, 9:34 am

[/quote]

Very good post. If Jordan Love had 1 INT per game this year, where would we be? The BYU game would have been close or a win. If there was 1 person to point at and say you have been a huge disappointment so far it would be Love and not in all games, but for sure the last 5. Love sucked vs BYU, his reads were way off.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » November 5th, 2019, 10:20 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Uh, wheel is off. Not wheels.

We'll be just fine.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 5th, 2019, 10:25 am

If we get dominated at Fresno like we did the last 2 games. We will go from Wheels coming off to "Dumpster Fire" . Hoping we don't, but just trying to define where we are as a program.

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.FbCHQyCO ... .5&pid=1.7
Last edited by AggieSox on November 5th, 2019, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 5th, 2019, 11:37 am

Maybe not "come OFF." Maybe more runnoft:

These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
BearLakeMonster

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

captain68
Has thanked: 0

Post by captain68 » November 5th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Listen, I was just as disappointed with the way we played against BYU, but some of ya'll need to take a chill pill. Calling for Gary's head already!?! When the season started, we knew it was going to be tough. Many of us said that 8 wins would be impressive with the schedule we have this year. This is hands down the hardest schedule that USU has ever had. Gary is a coach that inherited a program that currently doesn't have that much depth. The cupboards are bare right now when it comes to experienced players. Much of this is due to injury. We have lost people on the offensive line, we are down one of our best two running backs, we knew going into the season that we would be thin on DBs, then we got hit with injuries there. Then we lose our best defensive player, not to mention we had already lost individuals on the DL. All of this is stuff that Gary had no control over. He knew that our offense was sucking, so he focused on getting more involved in the offense last week. Guess what happened, we got over 500 yard of total offense. It was not Gary that threw bad interceptions. It wasn't Gary that fumbled the ball when we were in field goal range. Those turnovers could have changed the over all projection of the game. And for those of you that have debated if we would have lost the games we have lost this year with last years team, the answer is yes, with maybe the exception of Wake Forest. BYU is good this year, Airforce is better than normal this year, LSU is potentially the best team in college football.

The thing that was most disheartening when I watched the BYU game was that we just did not have the size or the talent on defense. Woodward was the heart of the defense. He did more than any of us ever anticipated. I honestly think that it may take 2-3 years of hard recruiting to restock the cupboards. Gary is a great recruiter, Give him a year or two before we completely lose our heads. We aren't Boise State. We aren't going to have 10-11 win seasons every year. I honestly believe that we will beat Fresno, Wyoming, and New Mexico, and end up the season with 7 wins. That is right where many of us thought we would be at the beginning of the season.
These users thanked the author captain68 for the post:
Aggie19

NVAggie

Post by NVAggie » November 5th, 2019, 12:31 pm

We should have beaten BYU. They are playing well for their coach right now, but we didn't even play with any passion. After watching Han's videos, it was pretty clear that we could have done so much more than what happened on Saturday. They rushed 3 to 4 all night with a lot of wrinkles. We never adjusted to hitting the underneath route. We easily could have implemented a power running package over the last few weeks. We couldn't even beat a four man rush with six guys on 3rd and 1. It was a poor showing that doesn't have any excuses.

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » November 5th, 2019, 12:55 pm

I’m definitely disappointed in how the season is going, after beating San Diego State I thought we would have beat AF or BYU. Didn’t expect us to get blown out by both teams. But I’m not ready to jump off the ship, if anything this has opened my eyes to the importance of Offensive line play and continuity in coaching. I think this coaching staff needs more time before we start calling for heads. IDK, just my opinion.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 8th, 2019, 11:33 am

A) Why everyone bashing meth and weed? Mountain Dew is way worse for you.

B) the Wagon Wheel has definitly come off as it’s about 2 hours south of here.

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic