Final byu timeout

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bluegrouse

Re: Final byu timeout

Post by bluegrouse » November 3rd, 2019, 8:56 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 7:58 pm
If you don't want sand kicked in your face, i.e., late game TO, don't let the other team beat you like a play toy for 60 minutes. Our players and coaches didn't even put up a fight.
Yep.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 3rd, 2019, 9:03 pm

Turtle wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:39 pm
Seriously though, WHO allowed the BYU band to attend?? They have some explaining to do. Total garbage.
BYU and Utah have brought their band to every game in Logan for as long as I can remember. Get over it. We take our band places too. Everyone does. Complaining about their band being there just comes across as sour grapes

Now the band playing during play is another thing and should have been shut down immediately.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:10 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:40 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am
And then the pick the ball off with 15 seconds left and try and take it to the house was even a bigger Bush League move
All our guys would have done the same thing. Everyone wants the touchdown on their stat sheet.

Not true. You see this play all the time. Guys intercepted run out of bounds guys intercepted and slide.

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:11 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:10 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:40 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 9:19 am
And then the pick the ball off with 15 seconds left and try and take it to the house was even a bigger Bush League move
All our guys would have done the same thing. Everyone wants the touchdown on their stat sheet.

Not true. You see this play all the time. Guys intercepted run out of bounds guys intercepted and slide.
Exactly.

Byuaggie
Troll
Has thanked: 0

Post by Byuaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Alright well y'all win then I guess. You try to have a football conversation and it turned into you should just leave. Pretty typical to most of the football conversations I tried to have while at school at USU. The team has historically sucked so all the kids who grew up cheering for them are just a bundle of raw nerves that have to cover their lack of football knowledge with "go aways" or the equivalent. Most resorted to insults when they realized I knew more about their team than they did but I expected more from the USU fan board. But hey if you want to act that way too then I'll just troll you instead and laugh while USU fades back into the obscurity they tried so hard to rise from. I mean I'm a BYU fan and I hear that self-righteous mocking is pretty much unavoidable. To the few normal USU fans out there that are normal, sane, and can actually communicate coherently with a dreaded BYU fan, I tip my hat to you. The rest, well, I thoroughly enjoy my troll icon.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 4th, 2019, 12:49 am

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 11:13 pm
Alright well y'all win then I guess. You try to have a football conversation and it turned into you should just leave. Pretty typical to most of the football conversations I tried to have while at school at USU. The team has historically sucked so all the kids who grew up cheering for them are just a bundle of raw nerves that have to cover their lack of football knowledge with "go aways" or the equivalent. Most resorted to insults when they realized I knew more about their team than they did but I expected more from the USU fan board. But hey if you want to act that way too then I'll just troll you instead and laugh while USU fades back into the obscurity they tried so hard to rise from. I mean I'm a BYU fan and I hear that self-righteous mocking is pretty much unavoidable. To the few normal USU fans out there that are normal, sane, and can actually communicate coherently with a dreaded BYU fan, I tip my hat to you. The rest, well, I thoroughly enjoy my troll icon.
Pro-tip: When you point a finger at someone there are 3 pointing back right at you.

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 4th, 2019, 5:00 am

Oh I totally agree. I avoid talking sports in general with people outside of sports forums cause most people don't know more than what they heard on local sports radio and then try to say themselves when they have little to no understating of the game.

JMH

Post by JMH » November 4th, 2019, 5:22 am

Me and my brother talked about the exact same thing have the exact same time. That was a bush League move.
[/quote]

These are college kids. A back up player as well. He intercepts a ball and has a chance to run it back. That is what every kid on every team would try to do. He is not thinking of anything else but his chance. Pretending that a USU player would not do that is only fooling yourself.
These users thanked the author JMH for the post:
Aggie19

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » November 4th, 2019, 7:34 am

Byuaggie wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 4th, 2019, 8:36 am

I was finally able to go back and watch the final minute to see exactly what happened with the timeout. Looks like I read between the lines correctly. USU driving with their starting offense on the field, BYU with a whole bunch of backups (backups who also forced a pick on Mr NFL "first rounder", more like UDFA in my opinion) calls a timeout to get the right defense. Did it cause dinner USU fans to get their feelings hurt at the same time? Sure did! But if you have your first string offense driving the ball when the game is that far out of reach then you can't get mad if the opposing coach calls a timeout.
Dwigt I love that you chose this hill to die on when what I initially assumed from reading other posts on this site was correct. Do me a favor and come up for air a few times when milking cows to clear your head. It's obviously affecting your judgement.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 4th, 2019, 8:40 am

This whole thing is so stupid. We are all dumber for having participated.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 4th, 2019, 8:51 am

Holy crap. Are you still talking?

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 4th, 2019, 9:45 am

Byuaggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 8:36 am
I was finally able to go back and watch the final minute to see exactly what happened with the timeout. Looks like I read between the lines correctly. USU driving with their starting offense on the field, BYU with a whole bunch of backups (backups who also forced a pick on Mr NFL "first rounder", more like UDFA in my opinion) calls a timeout to get the right defense. Did it cause dinner USU fans to get their feelings hurt at the same time? Sure did! But if you have your first string offense driving the ball when the game is that far out of reach then you can't get mad if the opposing coach calls a timeout.
Dwigt I love that you chose this hill to die on when what I initially assumed from reading other posts on this site was correct. Do me a favor and come up for air a few times when milking cows to clear your head. It's obviously affecting your judgement.
Honestly, the only point I was making was that telling us your opinion on a situation that you admitted you weren’t paying attention to is an asinine thing to do. I applaud you for going back to watch what happened then posting. This is where proper discussion can take place.

You can hate me all you want. Call me names. Disparage my team. Look down on those you feel are beneath you. I am not offended by anything you called me. I am an Aggie.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 4th, 2019, 10:10 am

Dwigt wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:45 am
Byuaggie wrote:
Honestly, the only point I was making was that telling us your opinion on a situation that you admitted you weren’t paying attention to is an asinine thing to do. I applaud you for going back to watch what happened then posting. This is where proper discussion can take place.

You can hate me all you want. Call me names. Disparage my team. Look down on those you feel are beneath you. I am not offended by anything you called me. I am an Aggie.
Do you guys know each other? If not, those are some pretty low blows coming from strangers.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 4th, 2019, 10:11 am

Running the interception back, no problem.

Calling a time out with 23 seconds left, totally a cheap, garbage, bush league move, which I hope someday Aggies can pay back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » November 4th, 2019, 10:23 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:10 am
Dwigt wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 9:45 am
Byuaggie wrote:

Do you guys know each other? If not, those are some pretty low blows coming from strangers.
While it is possible that I know some or many of the people on this board, I do not know who any of them are exactly. This is the only place I use this user name.
I apologize to my fellow Aggies for keeping this topic going. I will stop as it serves no purpose.

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 4th, 2019, 1:40 pm

:lol:

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 4th, 2019, 3:14 pm

1 - Having Love in at the end of the game: Pathetic
2 - Calling a timeout with less than 30 seconds left when your team is up 42-14: Pathetic
3 - Trying to run back an interception at any point in the game: Normal

The only caveat to #3 is if your team is up by a small amount of points and can effectively kill the clock at the end of the game by downing the ball. In that case, you always want the guy to slide or down the ball and end the game. This exact scenario happened on Saturday in the Boise State vs San Jose State game. It's rare to see a player smart enough and with enough self control to give up a possible pick 6 for the betterment of the team. It reflects really well on the coaching staff to see that happen.

P.S. 4 - BYU fans on the Utah State message board beating their chests after their first win over Utah State in 3 games, justifying BYU's behavior and acting as a regulator of class on USU's behavior, explaining how much more they know about football than Utah State fans and how much better they are at communicating than Utah State fans (while writing incoherent sentences such as "Did it cause dinner USU fans to get their feelings hurt at the same time?"): Typical
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post (total 3):
ThunderAggieZaggie07USU78

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 4th, 2019, 3:36 pm

treesap32 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 3:14 pm
1 - Having Love in at the end of the game: Pathetic
2 - Calling a timeout with less than 30 seconds left when your team is up 42-14: Pathetic
3 - Trying to run back an interception at any point in the game: Normal

The only caveat to #3 is if your team is up by a small amount of points and can effectively kill the clock at the end of the game by downing the ball. In that case, you always want the guy to slide or down the ball and end the game. This exact scenario happened on Saturday in the Boise State vs San Jose State game. It's rare to see a player smart enough and with enough self control to give up a possible pick 6 for the betterment of the team. It reflects really well on the coaching staff to see that happen.

P.S. 4 - BYU fans on the Utah State message board beating their chests after their first win over Utah State in 3 games, justifying BYU's behavior and acting as a regulator of class on USU's behavior, explaining how much more they know about football than Utah State fans and how much better they are at communicating than Utah State fans (while writing incoherent sentences such as "Did it cause dinner USU fans to get their feelings hurt at the same time?"): Typical

I laughed out loud at that one :lol: :golfclap:
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
USU78

GUS

Post by GUS » November 4th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:11 am

Calling a time out with 23 seconds left, totally a cheap, garbage, bush league move, which I hope someday Aggies can pay back.

If you expect anything more than cheap, garbage, bush league out of anyone from byu, you will be sorely disappointed. I made the mistake of going to school there one year. (It was the longest year of my life.) Seemed like the whole campus was filled with swelled heads of people who thought they were God's chosen. The only exception I found were kids going there that didn't want to be there, but it was the only school mommy and daddy would pay for. That one year instilled my love for the Aggies and hated for the byu pukes.

Utereprobate
Been thanked: 0

You can't win with them

Post by Utereprobate » November 4th, 2019, 4:43 pm

After the Utah game when the Utes ran off the final 9 minutes with just running plays and did not try to score at all just taking a knee the Cougarboard fans were all "I can't believe that punk Whittingham didn't try run up the score. He is so terrible that any sportsmanship surprises me"

Now after your game they are all "What a bunch of whiners he called time out to set the defense. lalala"

In their minds they are and always will be the only moral people on the planet, and Utah fans are morally depraved, (also Aggie fans),

Yes , we know why everyone hates them but most of them will never understand. Just go to their board and try to congratulate them. They'll tell you to go away and stay off their board, but at this moment they have linked to this thread on your board. Delusional doesn't begin to cover it.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 4th, 2019, 8:16 pm

GUS wrote:
Jjoey53 wrote:
November 4th, 2019, 10:11 am

If you expect anything more than cheap, garbage, bush league out of anyone from byu, you will be sorely disappointed. I made the mistake of going to school there one year. (It was the longest year of my life.) Seemed like the whole campus was filled with swelled heads of people who thought they were God's chosen. The only exception I found were kids going there that didn't want to be there, but it was the only school mommy and daddy would pay for. That one year instilled my love for the Aggies and hated for the byu pukes.

You are correct, to expect normal behavior out of these wackos was asking too much.

Byuaggie
Troll

Post by Byuaggie » November 5th, 2019, 5:26 pm

Y'all make trolling you so easy and fun. When you come and try to have a sports discussion on a Sports fan board and get told to go away without even a sports discussion, then you might as well turn troll. And with the super thin skin so many of you have it's hard not to have fun. Might as well live up to the reputation that you have for BYU fans!

Jjoey53

Final byu timeout

Post by Jjoey53 » November 5th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Byuaggie wrote:Y'all make trolling you so easy and fun. When you come and try to have a sports discussion on a Sports fan board and get told to go away without even a sports discussion, then you might as well turn troll. And with the super thin skin so many of you have it's hard not to have fun. Might as well live up to the reputation that you have for BYU fans!

What listening to BYU fans trying to justify a bush league chump move calling time out with 23 seconds left.

Also, don’t call yourself an Aggie fan, this is the first thread I seen you post on.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 6th, 2019, 5:21 am

Byuaggie wrote:Y'all make trolling you so easy and fun. When you come and try to have a sports discussion on a Sports fan board and get told to go away without even a sports discussion, then you might as well turn troll. And with the super thin skin so many of you have it's hard not to have fun. Might as well live up to the reputation that you have for BYU fans!
Go Jimmer yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 6th, 2019, 10:13 am

Byuaggie wrote:
November 5th, 2019, 5:26 pm
Y'all make trolling you so easy and fun. When you come and try to have a sports discussion on a Sports fan board and get told to go away without even a sports discussion, then you might as well turn troll. And with the super thin skin so many of you have it's hard not to have fun. Might as well live up to the reputation that you have for BYU fans!
You must have a really productive & well balanced life.

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » November 6th, 2019, 11:33 am

dyedblue wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 5:21 am
Go Jimmer yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Won't the require that he report himself to the honor code office? :headscratch:

Locked Previous topicNext topic