Queta update: no update

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
2004AG

Re: Queta update: no update

Post by 2004AG » November 6th, 2019, 9:26 am

aggiesdotcom wrote:
2004AG wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 8:47 am
SpectrumMagic wrote:I have a hard time being concerned with seeding. Yes we have opportunity based on preseason ranking but still have to beat good teams in non conference and take care of business in conference which will be a tall order without Queta. Concerned with interior scoring and outside shooting besides Sam. Porter is a pretty good shooter, Miller too streaky
Are you also not concerned with winning games in the NCAA tournament?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've won only 1 NCAA tournament game in the past 49 seasons so it's probably not as big of a concern as winning the games to get there in the first place and be healthy in the end.

Have you considered the role our past seeding plays in the lack of wins in the NCAA tournament ?

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
utaggies

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 6th, 2019, 9:33 am

aggiesdotcom wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 9:24 am
2004AG wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:I have a hard time being concerned with seeding. Yes we have opportunity based on preseason ranking but still have to beat good teams in non conference and take care of business in conference which will be a tall order without Queta. Concerned with interior scoring and outside shooting besides Sam. Porter is a pretty good shooter, Miller too streaky

We've won only 1 NCAA tournament game in the past 49 seasons so it's probably not as big of a concern as winning the games to get there in the first place and be healthy in the end.
Which is why this year is so critical. This is our best chance to win in the NCAA tournament in a long time and possibly for a long time. We obviously lose Merrill, but Queta likely leaves after this year too. Getting some of these big wins ooc is critical for putting us in a position to win in March. Bumbling through the first few months of the season and getting a 14 seed makes it much harder even if we are really clicking at that time.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » November 6th, 2019, 9:53 am

2004AG wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 9:26 am
aggiesdotcom wrote:
2004AG wrote:

Have you considered the role our past seeding plays in the lack of wins in the NCAA tournament ?

That's crazy talk.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 6th, 2019, 10:02 am

Too many variables. I'm going to let Smith figure it out. He has my trust.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 6th, 2019, 10:57 am

2004AG wrote:
aggiesdotcom wrote:
2004AG wrote:

yes

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 6th, 2019, 12:15 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:
2004AG wrote:
aggiesdotcom wrote:
2004AG wrote:

yes
Then why would you not want a higher seed to increase our odds of winning a few games in the NCAA tournament?

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 10th, 2019, 1:10 am

Any updates here? Does anybody feel like Queta has a minor limp or do you think he is moving normally? I think Kuba is good, but if he could come off the bench, wow!

#hornsup!

Locked Previous topicNext topic