I am glad we won but

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
troutputz
RIP

I am glad we won but

Post by troutputz » November 9th, 2019, 9:17 pm

I had a terrible tragic evening. Right before the Aggie kick off I went to get the mail. I opened the front door but I didn't notice my dog I love go run outside and across the busy road in front of our house. She is a people person dog and was just going to greet some people across the street, our neighbors. I yelled at her to get back her as she as not done this for months. because I don't move fast she saw me and ran towards me and was hit by a fast moving car. She was killed instantly. I am sorry with this story, but I have been crying all night. My wife also. A policeman k-9 cop was two cars behind an he and our neighbor boy helped to dig a grave in the back yard and bury my friend. Wiki is her name. She has kept me company during my bad health spell. She has kept me company while I stay home and my wife works for 5 hours a day. I am numb! I am at a loss. Winning the game against Fresno pleases me, but it is so pale in comparison to my little friend who was more human than most humans I know. She slept with us at night. She was the reason I started walking again. She would kiss me goodnight every night. She was such a wonderful dog. Why? If only I had not gone after the mail when I did during rush hour on the road that is way to busy. Its main street in Washington City. It is only going to get worse as they are making it two lanes on each way to 4 lanes in about 2 years, cause of the Brio homes. We've fought it but to no avail. We can't get another dog because we don't dare because of the road. We are planning on moving a year from this next June, trying to get up to CV by our sons and our grandkids. Maybe then is we get a house ina safer area we can get another dog. Wiki lit up my life, my heart is so heavy tonight, I needed to write to my friends, Aggie friends. I don't know how soon I am going to get over this. Wiki was 2 years old. I had dogs on the farm in Trenton but they were outside dogs. Wiki was so much a part of my family her death has taken a bit blow on me. I have never been this sad before. If there's an afterlife, I hope I can have Wiki again?

918AGG

Re: I am glad we won but

Post by 918AGG » November 9th, 2019, 9:23 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, putz. I also have a soft spot for our furry, four-legged friends.

Go Aggies!

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » November 9th, 2019, 9:27 pm

So sorry to hear this! Sending my love. We also watched our dog run across the street and get hit/killed a few years back and it is one of the most heart dropping moments I can remember. I certainly hope (and believe) dogs go to heaven! Heaven wouldn’t be heaven without them :P. Sending my love and hoping you can find peace of mind soon.
Last edited by TrueAggieman on November 9th, 2019, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 9th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Sorry to hear it putz. Please don’t try and do the ancient Native American pet semetary thing. It won’t end well. It is always sad to lose a loved one. I hope the win brings a small amount of joy in an otherwise terrible evening.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 9th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Massively heart broken for you.
Soooo sorry from Holladay Utah....,

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » November 9th, 2019, 9:36 pm

dang Trout. Sorry for your loss

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » November 9th, 2019, 9:38 pm

This breaks my heart, trout. So sorry for your loss.

Nobody here knows anything.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 9th, 2019, 9:41 pm

Sucks. 😞

NikeRunner

Post by NikeRunner » November 9th, 2019, 10:02 pm

troutputz wrote:I had a terrible tragic evening. Right before the Aggie kick off I went to get the mail. I opened the front door but I didn't notice my dog I love go run outside and across the busy road in front of our house. She is a people person dog and was just going to greet some people across the street, our neighbors. I yelled at her to get back her as she as not done this for months. because I don't move fast she saw me and ran towards me and was hit by a fast moving car. She was killed instantly. I am sorry with this story, but I have been crying all night. My wife also. A policeman k-9 cop was two cars behind an he and our neighbor boy helped to dig a grave in the back yard and bury my friend. Wiki is her name. She has kept me company during my bad health spell. She has kept me company while I stay home and my wife works for 5 hours a day. I am numb! I am at a loss. Winning the game against Fresno pleases me, but it is so pale in comparison to my little friend who was more human than most humans I know. She slept with us at night. She was the reason I started walking again. She would kiss me goodnight every night. She was such a wonderful dog. Why? If only I had not gone after the mail when I did during rush hour on the road that is way to busy. Its main street in Washington City. It is only going to get worse as they are making it two lanes on each way to 4 lanes in about 2 years, cause of the Brio homes. We've fought it but to no avail. We can't get another dog because we don't dare because of the road. We are planning on moving a year from this next June, trying to get up to CV by our sons and our grandkids. Maybe then is we get a house ina safer area we can get another dog. Wiki lit up my life, my heart is so heavy tonight, I needed to write to my friends, Aggie friends. I don't know how soon I am going to get over this. Wiki was 2 years old. I had dogs on the farm in Trenton but they were outside dogs. Wiki was so much a part of my family her death has taken a bit blow on me. I have never been this sad before. If there's an afterlife, I hope I can have Wiki again?
I am so sorry. This is so heartbreaking. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 9th, 2019, 10:12 pm

So sorry, putz. My brother had to put his shepherd down a month ago.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AggieSox

Post by AggieSox » November 9th, 2019, 11:00 pm

Sorry to hear this trout. Very sad.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » November 9th, 2019, 11:06 pm

So sorry putz, you are in my mind and prayers. I believe you will be with Wiki again in the afterlife. Poor thing.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 9th, 2019, 11:12 pm

troutputz wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 9:17 pm
I had a terrible tragic evening. Right before the Aggie kick off I went to get the mail. I opened the front door but I didn't notice my dog I love go run outside and across the busy road in front of our house. She is a people person dog and was just going to greet some people across the street, our neighbors. I yelled at her to get back her as she as not done this for months. because I don't move fast she saw me and ran towards me and was hit by a fast moving car. She was killed instantly. I am sorry with this story, but I have been crying all night. My wife also. A policeman k-9 cop was two cars behind an he and our neighbor boy helped to dig a grave in the back yard and bury my friend. Wiki is her name. She has kept me company during my bad health spell. She has kept me company while I stay home and my wife works for 5 hours a day. I am numb! I am at a loss. Winning the game against Fresno pleases me, but it is so pale in comparison to my little friend who was more human than most humans I know. She slept with us at night. She was the reason I started walking again. She would kiss me goodnight every night. She was such a wonderful dog. Why? If only I had not gone after the mail when I did during rush hour on the road that is way to busy. Its main street in Washington City. It is only going to get worse as they are making it two lanes on each way to 4 lanes in about 2 years, cause of the Brio homes. We've fought it but to no avail. We can't get another dog because we don't dare because of the road. We are planning on moving a year from this next June, trying to get up to CV by our sons and our grandkids. Maybe then is we get a house ina safer area we can get another dog. Wiki lit up my life, my heart is so heavy tonight, I needed to write to my friends, Aggie friends. I don't know how soon I am going to get over this. Wiki was 2 years old. I had dogs on the farm in Trenton but they were outside dogs. Wiki was so much a part of my family her death has taken a bit blow on me. I have never been this sad before. If there's an afterlife, I hope I can have Wiki again?
Oh no! I’m so, so sorry to hear that, Trout. I’m totally gutted for you. I’m a single guy that lives alone with my dog. He is my constant companion and I can’t even imagine what I would feel like if that happened to him. I’m so sorry. My deepest condolences. Dogs are among the greatest of God’s creations so I have to believe they all go to heaven.

usugoalie13

Post by usugoalie13 » November 10th, 2019, 12:26 am

I'm so sorry to hear this trout. One of my dogs got hit in January. She was only 7 months old and never went on the road. One of the hardest days of my life. And then having to tell my 7 and 4 year olds. I am also one that my dogs are my children. They sleep in bed with us, and are treated like children. My heart breaks for you and I hope you can get through the next few days remembering the good times.

Olderthandirt

Post by Olderthandirt » November 10th, 2019, 1:38 am

troutputz wrote:
November 9th, 2019, 9:17 pm
That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Nothing like good dog. God bless!

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » November 10th, 2019, 5:02 am

Very sorry to hear about your loss, trout. I hope you and your family are able to find peace. Losing a member of the family is never easy, four legged or two doesn't matter, they are part of us.

Go Aggies!

AggieArmy

Post by AggieArmy » November 10th, 2019, 10:05 am

So sorry to hear this Trout, it sounds like she was a wonderful dog with a sweet spirit, I'm sure you will see her again in heaven.
What kind of dog was she?

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 10th, 2019, 10:27 am

I had a very similar thing happen a few years back. My dog was almost more person than dog, real special to me. Let her out to do her business like I had for 13 years. A car doing 70 in a 30 hit her. I haven’t had a dog since, it’s been a hard road and I do believe there will be a time of reunification. Sorry trout, that’s very tragic and sad to hear.

#hornsup!

blueblood

Post by blueblood » November 10th, 2019, 11:02 am

So sorry to hear Trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUS

Post by GUS » November 10th, 2019, 5:35 pm

Sorry to hear that Trout. Hang in there my Aggie brother.

Donman

Post by Donman » November 10th, 2019, 5:44 pm

So sorry Trout

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SectionFaggie

Post by SectionFaggie » November 10th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Sorry Trout.
Pets are so awesome.
Truly our friends and our dearest of family.
_/\_

72AgGrad
RIP

Post by 72AgGrad » November 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm

My sympathies to you Trout. Those four-footed guys really have a way of worming themselves into our hearts, and though not under the same circumstances, I too have had to endure the loss of a beloved dog.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 10th, 2019, 7:30 pm

When we lose a dog we lose a family member. We have buried several of our fur babies over a number of years and that event becomes no easier. Our dear friends are waiting for us on Rainbow Bridge...

Turtle

Post by Turtle » November 10th, 2019, 8:06 pm

I can't even imagine.. Our pets are our family and losing one is like losing a piece of your heart. I hope you are able to make it through this.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 11th, 2019, 6:04 am

So sorry Trout, It's tough to lose a furry friend.

Locked Previous topicNext topic