Congrats to the defense

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15710
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 538 times

Congrats to the defense

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 9:46 pm

On allowing a freshman RB to run for more yards in the first quarter than he has in any of his 10 other games this season.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Slim80
Posts: 28
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by Slim80 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:02 pm

What a disaster. What the hell is going on ??? Can’t fill gaps, can’t wrap up and tackle, can’t get any push against that o line. Ena should be embarrassed.



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by Jjoey53 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:07 pm

GA is a defensive expert.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16474
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 770 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by NVAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 10:14 pm

I know we lost a lot due to injury, but that is ridiculous.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7597
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:51 pm

Boise State has scraps playing on their offensive line and are still dominating our defense



Blue Sage
Posts: 525
Joined: January 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by Blue Sage » November 24th, 2019, 12:48 am

I ripped the defense earlier in the year, again in middle of the year, things have changed, now it’s time to support them.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2088
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 24th, 2019, 1:23 am

Blue Sage wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 12:48 am
I ripped the defense earlier in the year, again in middle of the year, things have changed, now it’s time to support them.
WHY??????????????????



MetsJetsAggies
Posts: 6266
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:39 am
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 24th, 2019, 1:53 am

Jjoey53 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:07 pm
GA is a defensive expert.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mean how many guys are we down on defense? Wells left the cupboard pretty empty outside of a few starters, can't really pin the personnel problems on GA in year 1



User avatar
AGNUMPI
Posts: 1268
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by AGNUMPI » November 24th, 2019, 5:43 am

Slim80 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:02 pm
What a disaster. What the hell is going on ??? Can’t fill gaps, can’t wrap up and tackle, can’t get any push against that o line. Ena should be embarrassed.
It seriously looks like they are playing 2 hand touch. With a few exceptions.


"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14312
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 551 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2019, 9:16 am

At least the players love the coach



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4075 times
Been thanked: 2264 times
Contact:

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by aggies22 » November 24th, 2019, 9:27 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 1:53 am
Jjoey53 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:07 pm
GA is a defensive expert.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mean how many guys are we down on defense? Wells left the cupboard pretty empty outside of a few starters, can't really pin the personnel problems on GA in year 1
The cupboard appears empty because we never had the horses to run a 4 man defensive front. I tried to see the silver lining in the idea but this has just been a disaster. We lose 5 seniors and only have room to bring in 2 more in the offseason. A return to the 3-4 needs to happen. We can't keep sending 250-pound defensive ends at 300-pound offensive tackles they're swallowing them up.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionMetsJetsAggies



Blue Sage
Posts: 525
Joined: January 28th, 2015, 6:24 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by Blue Sage » November 24th, 2019, 1:07 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 1:23 am
Blue Sage wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 12:48 am
I ripped the defense earlier in the year, again in middle of the year, things have changed, now it’s time to support them.
WHY??????????????????
Earlier I thought a little of that type of motivation would be helpful. Now I realize it’s a different situation.



blueaggie
Posts: 922
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by blueaggie » November 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:51 pm
Boise State has scraps playing on their offensive line and are still dominating our defense
In the pre-game yesterday they commented on how good the Boise State O Line is with two first team mwc lineman returning. And did you not notice the size difference between our d-line and their O line? Definitely not scraps. Go Aggies!



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by dyedblue » November 24th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Go watch any other Boise game. Their QBs get obliterated in every game but ours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7597
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 24th, 2019, 2:34 pm

blueaggie wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 1:19 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:51 pm
Boise State has scraps playing on their offensive line and are still dominating our defense
In the pre-game yesterday they commented on how good the Boise State O Line is with two first team mwc lineman returning. And did you not notice the size difference between our d-line and their O line? Definitely not scraps. Go Aggies!
During the game they talked about the rash of injuries that has forced them to go nine deep across the O line.



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by hickaggie » November 24th, 2019, 3:49 pm

No. Its not just lack of talent and injuries. The fundamentals suck at every position. We were out schemed and severely out executed. Our lineman half (I can't express myself without swearing) the pass rush, don't stay in their lanes, get blown off the ball, never follow their guards on pulls, and always lose the edge despite not even squeezing effectively.

Our LBs don't make much effort to shed blocks, their scraping is half (I can't express myself without swearing), they drop their heads or bear hug tackle.

Our DBs take bad tackling angles, drop their heads or quit when they do, or when they do make a play act like complete dumbasses so the ref has to throw a flag.

Yeah I give you the talent. Our DBs couldn't cover their grandmas and our LBs are slow, but I could live with that if their was passion, effort, and fundamental soundness.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13



TrueAG
Posts: 1003
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:19 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by TrueAG » November 24th, 2019, 4:23 pm

They schemed an amazing talent in Tipa into a complete non-factor this year. That alone should make anyone question this staff.
These users thanked the author TrueAG for the post (total 6):
AgMacAggieFBObsessionaggies22TrueBlueFanFloridaAggie13Aggie_in_Idaho



User avatar
TrueBlueFan
Posts: 557
Joined: August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Congrats to the defense

Post by TrueBlueFan » November 24th, 2019, 11:17 pm

TrueAG wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 4:23 pm
They schemed an amazing talent in Tipa into a complete non-factor this year. That alone should make anyone question this staff.
I couldn't agree more. At the end of last year, Tipa looked like he could work his way into the NFL along with Woodward. Unfortunately, with the year he has had I think his football career will end with the bowl game which to too bad. He is a stud. It's just too bad he didn't have the right coaching this year to help him get there.


Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic