Queta ughhhh

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usu99

Queta ughhhh

Post by usu99 » December 5th, 2019, 8:47 am

If Queta is not back for St Katherine of the poor I doubt he comes back at all this year. I'm really thinking they are just using him to make teams try to prep for him with no intention of him coming back this year. Not that any team can prep for him..

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

Aggie_CEE

Re: Queta ughhhh

Post by Aggie_CEE » December 5th, 2019, 8:48 am

"Sooner rather than later" - C. Smith

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » December 5th, 2019, 8:49 am

you're right. I bet getting him back for St. Katherine has been the priority the whole year. If he isn't back for that one, why even bring him back at all?
These users thanked the author thegreendalegelf for the post (total 5):
Real Life AggieMetsJetsAggiesaggiesdotcomWillCut72YoungBloodAggie

EndoftheBench

Post by EndoftheBench » December 5th, 2019, 8:54 am

I do not understand why some indication of his return can't be given. I feel like it's been months of "He's close". It's been very frustrating for me as a fan when I should be enjoying what a special team this is, with or without Queta. I'm sure they have their reasons but it's been about the worst possible situation from a communication standpoint for me as a fan.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 5th, 2019, 9:02 am

EndoftheBench wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 8:54 am
I do not understand why some indication of his return can't be given. I feel like it's been months of "He's close". It's been very frustrating for me as a fan when I should be enjoying what a special team this is, with or without Queta. I'm sure they have their reasons but it's been about the worst possible situation from a communication standpoint for me as a fan.
I agree I don't think there is any harm done giving a semi -concrete time table. I have to imagine they know the timing. To me I would hate to have to answer the question every day so it would make sense to give a number of games before they are expecting him to return.

SLB

Post by SLB » December 5th, 2019, 9:06 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:02 am
EndoftheBench wrote:
I agree I don't think there is any harm done giving a semi -concrete time table. I have to imagine they know the timing. To me I would hate to have to answer the question every day so it would make sense to give a number of games before they are expecting him to return.
I agree, and the following might have been the case:
It was an odd injury, so it might be hard to say.
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
ChicAggie

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 5th, 2019, 9:44 am

EndoftheBench wrote:
Someone alert Craig Smith and Queta! We have a fan here who's frustrated that Queta's well-being and self-care are impacting his enjoyment of this season!

I should be enjoying these games more, to Provo with Queta's health and long-term career prospects. Because I lack the empathy and emotional maturity to be patient and accept things I don't fully understand, I'm going to let it ruin these games for me. Now give me a fan participation trophy!
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post (total 3):
UtahStizzleWillCut72AGinNEIowa

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 5th, 2019, 9:52 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:44 am
Someone alert Craig Smith and Queta! We have a fan here who's frustrated that Queta's well-being and self-care are impacting his enjoyment of this season!

I should be enjoying these games more, to Provo with Queta's health and long-term career prospects. Because I lack the empathy and emotional maturity to be patient and accept things I don't fully understand, I'm going to let it ruin these games for me. Now give me a fan participation trophy!
mean, but i chuckled anyway.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyReal Life Aggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 5th, 2019, 9:55 am

I don't know how anyone could not enjoy watching the end of the LSU game. This team is good when firing on all cylinders.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie_CEEdonlarson8

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » December 5th, 2019, 11:06 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
EndoftheBench wrote:

:disappointed:

Where only sage brush grows

coolag

Post by coolag » December 5th, 2019, 11:16 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
EndoftheBench wrote:

3/10

Regulator of Class

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 5th, 2019, 11:35 am

coolag wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:16 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
EndoftheBench wrote:

3/10
3/10 is generous. Thank you, lol.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 5th, 2019, 11:38 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 9:52 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Is it a terrible indictment on a person if I say I know a person that generally laughs at mean things more than other things? Asking for a friend.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post:
Coloraggie

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » December 5th, 2019, 11:40 am

Queta told me personally he's sitting out every game this year but St. Katherine's
These users thanked the author UtahStizzle for the post (total 4):
aggiesdotcomWillCut72YoungBloodAggieZaggie07

Twitter: UtahStizzle

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 5th, 2019, 11:53 am

Madmartigan wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:38 am
AndroidAggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Is it a terrible indictment on a person if I say I know a person that generally laughs at mean things more than other things? Asking for a friend.
tragedy is when i cut my finger. comedy is when you fall in the sewer and die.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post (total 3):
StanfordAggieMadmartiganChicAggie

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » December 5th, 2019, 11:57 am

AndroidAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:53 am
Madmartigan wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Crappy way to go.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
ChicAggie

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 5th, 2019, 12:04 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:57 am
AndroidAggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Crappy way to go.
indeed. no one wants to see their life flushed down that kind of toilet.

EndoftheBench

Post by EndoftheBench » December 5th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
EndoftheBench wrote:

My real concern has to do with the communication or lack thereof regarding the injury. Hope your post was an attempt at humor and you're not always this fun to be around in Real Life. Go Aggies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rezaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by rezaggie » December 5th, 2019, 3:17 pm

I asked someone very directly about this last night. Current plan is for him to sit out Saturday and play Tuesday, but he will be back for BYU.
These users thanked the author rezaggie for the post:
Madmartigan

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » December 5th, 2019, 4:31 pm

We need him more on Saturday.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » December 6th, 2019, 6:56 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Crappy way to go.
There once was a man named Hyde who fell in an outhouse and died. His brother gave a yell when he fell in as well. And now they’re interred side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 6th, 2019, 8:23 am

WAaggieFan wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 6:56 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
AndroidAggie wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:

Crappy way to go.
There once was a man named Hyde who fell in an outhouse and died. His brother gave a yell when he fell in as well. And now they’re interred side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh so it's limericks you want?

A strange young fellow from Leeds
Inexplicably swallowed some seeds
Large tufts of rye grass
Began to sprout from his (I can't express myself without swearing)
And his member was covered with weeds

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2019, 8:50 am

Willy pushed his sister Nell
In the family drinking well
She's there yet
The water killt her
Now we have to use a filter

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 6th, 2019, 8:53 am

Me coming into this thread right now:

These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
Real Life Aggie

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 6th, 2019, 8:57 am

A woman whose clothing was strewed
By events that left her quite nude
Saw a man come along
And unless I've guessed wrong
You thought I would say something lewd.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
USU78

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 6th, 2019, 9:01 am

I know that I am not a star
There are others more handsome by far
But my face, I don't mind it
For I am behind it
It's you folks out front that I jar
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
YoungBloodAggie

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » December 6th, 2019, 9:02 am

USU78 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 8:50 am
Willy pushed his sister Nell
In the family drinking well
She's there yet
The water killt her
Now we have to use a filter
Wait a minute! That's not a limerick!

Here are some NSFW limericks from Netflix's The Crown exchanged by Princess Margaret and President Lyndon Johnson in a limerick contest:

Princess Margaret:

There was a young woman from Delaware
Who liked to make love in her underwear
A terrible prude
She would never go nude
And her bum, hips, and t!ts she would never bare

President Johnson:

There was a young man from Wisconsin
Who was blessed with an enormously large Johnson
. . . . (he didn't tell the rest of this one)

Princess Margaret:

There was a young lady from Dallas
Who used a dynamite stick as a phallus
They found her vagina
In North Carolina
And her a-hole in Buckingham Palace

If these are too offensive (honestly not sure since they are just a bit tawdry), I invite the moderators to censor . . . .
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post (total 3):
USU78YoungBloodAggieStanfordAggie

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 6th, 2019, 9:07 am

This is the best thread about Queta in a long time.

Last one, I promise (jk, I'll probably do more):

There once was a couple, surname Kelly
Who walked around belly to belly
Because in their haste
They used wallpaper paste
Instead of petroleum jelly
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
ChicAggie

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 6th, 2019, 9:11 am

So is it just a coincidence that he may start playing at the conclusion of the fall semester? I have no insider information but the timing just seems a bit interesting. I wouldn’t fault him if it was a scholastic thing lingering from the spring seeing as he was very much occupied with getting into the draft.

Also why do some feel it isn’t worth him coming back this season if he can’t play within the next couple weeks? I mean It’s very likely he leaves early for the NBA anyway, either after this season or next. Might as well play him whenever he’s physically ready, even if it’s only for part of the season. We may not ever have an opportunity to make a run like this again for a very long time.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 6th, 2019, 9:13 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 9:11 am
So is it just a coincidence that he may start playing at the conclusion of the fall semester? I have no insider information but the timing just seems a bit interesting. I wouldn’t fault him if it was a scholastic thing lingering from the spring seeing as he was very much occupied with getting into the draft.

Also why do some feel it isn’t worth him coming back this season if he can’t play within the next couple weeks? I mean It’s very likely he leaves early for the NBA anyway, either after this season or next. Might as well play him whenever he’s physically ready, even if it’s only for part of the season. We may not ever have an opportunity to make a run like this again for a very long time.
Yes, just a coincidence. The timing more has to do with him getting fully healthy and getting ready for when he's really needed.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » December 6th, 2019, 9:14 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:

We are going to be very good again next year. Bean, Anthony, Anderson, Kuba, Miller, Bairstow, McChesney, Ashworth and Dorius is a good base from which to work.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 6th, 2019, 9:15 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:

Yes, just a coincidence. The timing more has to do with him getting fully healthy and getting ready for when he's really needed.
Ok thanks. I think we can beat Fresno without him. We could really use him for the BYU, USF, and Florida stretch though.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 6th, 2019, 9:23 am

I'd be willing to bet there is more going on than the injury that occurred 6 months ago...

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » December 6th, 2019, 9:28 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
Also why does one person feel it isn’t worth him coming back this season if he can’t play within the next couple weeks?
FIFY

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 6th, 2019, 9:28 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
We are going to be very good again next year. Bean, Anthony, Anderson, Kuba, Miller, Bairstow, McChesney, Ashworth and Dorius is a good base from which to work.
Yeah I don’t disagree and also think we have great potential for a special season next year as well but losing Sam, Queta, and even Brito will be hard to replace. All three of them will likely be playing professionally somewhere next season.

Locked Previous topicNext topic