Don't know who to root for. BYU or USU. BYU is -3 favorite

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll

Don't know who to root for. BYU or USU. BYU is -3 favorite

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 10:19 am

i'm aiming for USU, just for the fact that BYU SHOULD still be an ncaa tournament team and a USU loss will just solidify the MWC as a 1 bid league. they have 5-6 cracks at St mary's and gonzaga and one of the toughest non conf. schedule in the country. They are projected to finish 2nd or 3rd in their conf.

no surprises about the line though at -3. I believe it's extremely unfair that ranks are given based on w/l record. I mean BYU has four losses but they also have three solid non conf. wins. ranks should be given based on NCAA tournament resume, not the one gifted to them in the pre season because that 's what only matter
Last edited by SDSU on December 10th, 2019, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankiesaysrelax

Re: Don't know who to root for. BYU or USU. BYU is -3 favorite

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 10th, 2019, 10:24 am

Who do you have in the game tonight though? I'm thinking St. Katharines takes this one. Don't you agree buddy?

You aren't even a good troll and your team has their own board called azzhats or head-up-his-azztec or something like that.
These users thanked the author frankiesaysrelax for the post:
ProvoAggie

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » December 10th, 2019, 10:37 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 10:24 am
Who do you have in the game tonight though? I'm thinking St. Katharines takes this one. Don't you agree buddy?

You aren't even a good troll and your team has their own board called azzhats or head-up-his-azztec or something like that.
Perhaps even the booger board should be his site.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 10:47 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:

we've already beaten the relevant teams in our non. conf when we won the vegas invitational and a win @BYU

SDSU plays Utah this saturday, but i'm not sure if they will even be relevant in their conference. I mean they lost by 22 pts to coastal carolina
Last edited by SDSU on December 10th, 2019, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 10th, 2019, 10:55 am

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 10:47 am
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

we've already beaten the relevant teams in our non. conf when we won the vegas invitational and a win @BYU

SDSU plays Utah this saturday, but i'm not sure if they will even be relevant in their conference. I mean they lost by 22 pts to coastal carolina
They won't be, they suck. But they did beat BYU with Yoseph Childs, which SDSU did not have to deal with, so there's that I guess. I'll certainly be cheering for SDSU over Utah, even though it'd be nice to have you off our board for a little while.

Watch out for Leisure Suite Larry tho, he'll probably never play you guys again if he loses.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 11:04 am

uh even if they had childs, the outcome would've been the same.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2019, 11:08 am

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:04 am
uh even if they had childs, the outcome would've been the same.
Don't kid yourself here. Child's makes a massive difference for BYU and you barely won. The entire game would have been different had Child's played.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
aceofspadeskb

agster
Has thanked: 0

Post by agster » December 10th, 2019, 11:11 am

Nevada at BYU tonight. Who wins?

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 10th, 2019, 11:18 am

Mods: So when does this guy finally get the Troll treatment? Bring on the pink!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2019, 11:22 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:18 am
Mods: So when does this guy finally get the Troll treatment? Bring on the pink!
I forgot that we do that. It's been done.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 3):
aceofspadeskbaggies22AggieFBObsession

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 10th, 2019, 11:28 am

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 10:19 am
i'm aiming for USU, just for the fact that BYU SHOULD still be an ncaa tournament team and a USU loss will just solidify the MWC as a 1 bid league. they have 5-6 cracks at St mary's and gonzaga and one of the toughest non conf. schedule in the country. They are projected to finish 2nd or 3rd in their conf.

no surprises about the line though at -3. I believe it's extremely unfair that ranks are given based on w/l record. I mean BYU has four losses but they also have three solid non conf. wins. ranks should be given based on NCAA tournament resume, not the one gifted to them in the pre season because that 's what only matter
Interesting. How would this work? Overall history?

So a team that was dominant between 1995 and 2010 should be ranked over a team that has a current team that is expected to do very well?

Or should it be based on last year? Where SDSU wasn't even in the tournament.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 10th, 2019, 11:28 am

Trolls gonna troll but some trolls are better than other trolls. This troll is in the second category of trolls. #troll

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » December 10th, 2019, 11:38 am

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 12:24 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 10:19 am

I have a feeling your parents must be really proud the way they raised you. Truly magnificent work.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 10th, 2019, 1:29 pm

SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

So if Utah beat byu and Utah isn't going to be relevant in the PAC-12 doesn't that tarnish your treasured win over a Yoeliless byu team? Doesn't that make byu bottom of the barrel if they were also hypothetically (I know, another BIG word, google this one too, use a children's dictionary if you need to simply it) in the PAC-12?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2019, 1:34 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 1:29 pm
SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

So if Utah beat byu and Utah isn't going to be relevant in the PAC-12 doesn't that tarnish your treasured win over a Yoeliless byu team? Doesn't that make byu bottom of the barrel if they were also hypothetically (I know, another BIG word, google this one too, use a children's dictionary if you need to simply it) in the PAC-12?
You forgot though that BYU already locked up their NCAA Tournament bid. They could lose from here on out and still be in. It doesn't matter how many teams they lose to. Those losses to Utah and Boise State mean nothing.

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 10th, 2019, 1:43 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 1:34 pm
aggies22 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

You forgot though that BYU already locked up their NCAA Tournament bid. They could lose from here on out and still be in. It doesn't matter how many teams they lose to. Those losses to Utah and Boise State mean nothing.
Ahhh. If only we were as big time and important as they are.

bigbluebaby

Post by bigbluebaby » December 10th, 2019, 1:57 pm

That Last second SDSU buzzer beater over SAN! JOSE! At home last week was epic.

That will look awesome on their Resume.

But I will freely admit they gave us fits when we beat them by 12 at their place without any of our bigs (Queta and Karwowski).
These users thanked the author bigbluebaby for the post (total 2):
MetsJetsAggiesaggies22

"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 10th, 2019, 6:03 pm

SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

Either Utah plays a doubleheader on Saturday, or your really from Weber state, or you don’t know how to read schedules because SDSU doesn’t play them Saturday. It’s the beehive classic.

So how about you go home get your sh*t together I mean really get it together and then you can come back and sit at the grown ups table and talk like a big boy. Mmmkay thanks

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » December 10th, 2019, 6:17 pm

:lol:

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 7:48 pm

aggies22 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

uh, the WCC is a 3 bid league. Gonzaga, St Mary's, and BYU will get in. BYU has 5-6 cracks at them. So a 12 loss BYU team for example will still get in since they are at the very strong end of the bubble. What separates BYU from the other possible bubble teams is a strong non conf. schedule AND plenty of good wins.

the WCC is a 3 bid league, you do realize that right?

Gonzaga, st mary's, and BYU. BYU is projected to finish 2nd or 3rd

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 7:52 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:48 pm
aggies22 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

uh, the WCC is a 3 bid league. Gonzaga, St Mary's, and BYU will get in. BYU has 5-6 cracks at them. So a 12 loss BYU team for example will still get in since they are at the very strong end of the bubble. What separates BYU from the other possible bubble teams is a strong non conf. schedule AND plenty of good wins.

BYU or St. Mary's are no locks at this point. There is a lot of basketball to be played. They certainly have the potential to get a bid, but there is a lot of basketball to play. It just takes a few bad games or bad losses to put you on the other side.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 7:52 pm

bigbluebaby wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 1:57 pm

But I will freely admit they gave us fits when we beat them by 12 at their place without any of our bigs (Queta and Karwowski).
only apply if they lost. lol the selection committee doesn't give a crap about a "bad win"

selection committee doesn't care if childs didn't play. All they will see is a TRUE road win against an ncaa tournament bound team. btw our athletic yet offensively terrible SDSU that finished 4th in conference beat BYU w/ childs. The reason why the game was close was because it was road game. if they play 10x. sdsu would win 8 or 9 times out of 10

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » December 10th, 2019, 7:56 pm

SDSU wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

I had no idea you were in the selection committee. My bad.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 7:57 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:52 pm
bigbluebaby wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 1:57 pm

only apply if they lost. lol the selection committee doesn't give a crap about a "bad win"

selection committee doesn't care if childs didn't play. All they will see is a TRUE road win against an ncaa tournament bound team. btw our athletic yet offensively terrible SDSU that finished 4th in conference beat BYU w/ childs. The reason why the game was close was because it was road game. if they play 10x. sdsu would win 8 or 9 times out of 10
Question for you what are the top threads on the aztec board about? Just wondered if you were interested in visiting your own team's fan board.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 10th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Mountain West Champs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:52 pm
SDSU wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
SDSU wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

BYU or St. Mary's are no locks at this point. There is a lot of basketball to be played. They certainly have the potential to get a bid, but there is a lot of basketball to play. It just takes a few bad games or bad losses to put you on the other side.
if you really think the WCC isn't a 2 or 3 bid league, you are out of touch with reality.

btw, NO TEAM is a lock at this point. I'm just making valid inferences.

Hell, the #1 team right now isn't a lock. They lost to texas tech by 23 points on a neutral court. The same team that was on the las vegas invitational. a tournament SDSU won in

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 8:00 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:57 pm
Mountain West Champs.

They don't even need to play the rest of the games place the trophy in Viejas right now. I mean Nevada was a top 10 team last year to start the year so what you do in November and December is more important than January through March.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 8:02 pm

btw guys, i've conducted myself cordially. there's no need to be rude and disrespectful. If you don't agree to some of the stuff i say, fine. But name calling, insults, etc

i'm a sdsu fan yes, but USU is the only relevant team non named SDSU right now in the MWC. I'm not against USU not getting in the tournament, i actually want them to get in. But me giving you guys a reality check on how they get there isn't trolling.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 10th, 2019, 8:07 pm

SDSU wrote:btw guys, i've conducted myself cordially. there's no need to be rude and disrespectful. If you don't agree to some of the stuff i say, fine. But name calling, insults, etc

i'm a sdsu fan yes, but USU is the only relevant team non named SDSU right now in the MWC. I'm not against USU not getting in the tournament, i actually want them to get in. But me giving you guys a reality check on how they get there isn't trolling.
Mountain West Champs.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2019, 8:11 pm

SDSU wrote:

Why do you think they are a 3 bid league? They've gotten 3 bids once...in 2012. In the last 5 years they've only gotten 1 team in twice and 2 the other 3 years. The WCC is typically not a 3 bid league. It's typically a Gonzaga league and if someone else wins the conference tourney then Gonzaga get's an at-large.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » December 10th, 2019, 8:26 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:11 pm
SDSU wrote:

Why do you think they are a 3 bid league? They've gotten 3 bids once...in 2012. In the last 5 years they've only gotten 1 team in twice and 2 the other 3 years. The WCC is typically not a 3 bid league. It's typically a Gonzaga league and if someone else wins the conference tourney then Gonzaga get's an at-large.
not basing it off past history, I was basing it off what they've done so far. Wins against USU, @houston, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, UCLA for BYU/St Mary's is a pretty solid non conf.tournament building resume

Generally speaking, if a mid major school got at least 1-2 solid non conf. wins and ends up w/ a good record despite NOT winning their conf. tournament, they should still get an at large. Look at Utah State last season, only 1 good win against Nevada @ home and they were good enough to get an at large regardless if they didn't win the MWC tournament

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2019, 8:37 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:26 pm
Generally speaking, if a mid major school got at least 1-2 solid non conf. wins and ends up w/ a good record despite NOT winning their conf. tournament, they should still get an at large. Look at Utah State last season, only 1 good win against Nevada @ home and they were good enough to get an at large regardless if they didn't win the MWC tournament
We did more than that. St Mary's was good last year and we beat them by 37 on a neutral court. UC Irvine was also a good road win.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 10th, 2019, 8:41 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:02 pm
btw guys, i've conducted myself cordially. there's no need to be rude and disrespectful. If you don't agree to some of the stuff i say, fine. But name calling, insults, etc

If you want respect here then show respect. Stop running your mouth like everything you say is factual when it is all your opinion. If you go to other teams boards dont condescend to them. NVspuds is a great example of how to act on other teams boards. He is rational and doesn’t talk out of is a** and I respect that dude and enjoy his insight. You my friend have nothing to offer and just try to get under people’s skins. We get it you know we hate BYU so you’ll keep pushing that narrative to make people mad. It’s lame and old and what a teenager does to get his kicks. If you were funny or clever maybe but you’re not so just stop with the shtick dude.
Last edited by frankiesaysrelax on December 10th, 2019, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author frankiesaysrelax for the post:
Usu0505

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » December 10th, 2019, 8:44 pm

SDSU wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:59 pm

if you really think the WCC isn't a 2 or 3 bid league, you are out of touch with reality.

btw, NO TEAM is a lock at this point. I'm just making valid inferences.

Hell, the #1 team right now isn't a lock. They lost to texas tech by 23 points on a neutral court. The same team that was on the las vegas invitational. a tournament SDSU won in
Math is hard.

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

Locked Previous topicNext topic