Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheRealTO
Posts: 131
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by TheRealTO » December 12th, 2019, 12:12 pm

I'm looking for feedback on the most iconic moments and or traditions that have taken place in the Spectrum. For the Spectrum Magic shirts this year we wanted to incorporate some of those moments into the design. Since I'm only in my mid-30's, though, my memory is only good for three or so of the five decades of the Spectrum's existence.

Here's what's on the list so far (no particular order):

Water bomb against UNLV
Stew Morrill (all-time winningest coach)
Jaycee Carroll becomes all-time scoring leader
Wild Bill
I Believe/Winning Team-Losing Team chants
First game (95-89 victory over Ohio State on 12/1/1970)
Highest ranked team USU has defeated in the Spectrum (I'm digging deeper, but so far have No. 9 Nevada in 2007 in this spot)
142-140 loss to UNLV in 3OT in Jan. 1985 (set NCAA scoring mark at the time)
Welcome to Hell banner for BYU

Rumor has it the students smuggled in a chicken and threw it on to the court sometime in the 1970s in response to comment from New Mexico State coach or something like that. Can anyone confirm or deny or provide further details?

Thanks!
These users thanked the author TheRealTO for the post:
aggies22



Madmartigan
Posts: 2700
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 201 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by Madmartigan » December 12th, 2019, 12:19 pm

TheRealTO wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 12:12 pm
I'm looking for feedback on the most iconic moments and or traditions that have taken place in the Spectrum. For the Spectrum Magic shirts this year we wanted to incorporate some of those moments into the design. Since I'm only in my mid-30's, though, my memory is only good for three or so of the five decades of the Spectrum's existence.

Here's what's on the list so far (no particular order):

Water bomb against UNLV
Stew Morrill (all-time winningest coach)
Jaycee Carroll becomes all-time scoring leader
Wild Bill
I Believe/Winning Team-Losing Team chants
First game (95-89 victory over Ohio State on 12/1/1970)
Highest ranked team USU has defeated in the Spectrum (I'm digging deeper, but so far have No. 9 Nevada in 2007 in this spot)
142-140 loss to UNLV in 3OT in Jan. 1985 (set NCAA scoring mark at the time)
Welcome to Hell banner for BYU

Rumor has it the students smuggled in a chicken and threw it on to the court sometime in the 1970s in response to comment from New Mexico State coach or something like that. Can anyone confirm or deny or provide further details?

Thanks!
The night Merlin Olsen came in at halftime for the renaming of the football field was magical.

These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 3):
TheRealTORoy McAvoyaggies22



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5372
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 12th, 2019, 12:20 pm

This video is one of if not my all time favorite moments in the Spectrum. This game was just a huge party from start to finish and pandemonium at the end. (You have to click on the title and click into Youtube to watch the video).

These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
TheRealTOaggies22



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 12:20 pm
This video is one of if not my all time favorite moments in the Spectrum. This game was just a huge party from start to finish and pandemonium at the end. (You have to click on the title and click into Youtube to watch the video).

Probably the loudest moment in Spectrum history. One of three games I remember when it was so loud, it was silent. I’ve never experienced that in any other place.

Watching Jaycee coming off any screen (or two or three) outside the 3-point line was one of my all-time favorite things.
Last edited by bluegrouse on December 12th, 2019, 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by dyedblue » December 12th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Rolle over Hordemann for the undefeated season

The Butler did it - Cardell Butler put back

Toilet paper after the first basket

Free Fries for 80 points

The Tark towels and shark masks for Jerry Tarkanian




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
aggies22


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Aggieforlife
Posts: 562
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by Aggieforlife » December 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Does any one know when about when winning team and I believe started?



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5372
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Does any one know when about when winning team and I believe started?
Yes. They were introduced in the 2009-2010 basketball season. Some guys on the front row, and specifically Fafner, introduced them.

Here's some early videos from that time:








User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by ThunderAggie » December 12th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Does any one know when about when winning team and I believe started?
Yes. They were introduced in the 2009-2010 basketball season. Some guys on the front row, and specifically Fafner, introduced them.

Here's some early videos from that time:





So Utah State actually created these cheers. No one else did them before we used them? Because I hear the I believe chant a lot in different sport events. Although I don't hear the winning team chant anywhere else.
Last edited by ThunderAggie on December 12th, 2019, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Cardell Butler kneeling and kissing center court on Senior Night
Toilet paper toss
Jaycee coming off any screen outside the 3-point line
Stew Morrill stomping his feet on the sideline
“Don’t throw sh@# on the court!”
Tark masks
The first-generation game-day shirts with the 1 on it that Tyler Olsen did.
Getting the bumper sticker for my closet door that read: “Be a jock. Support the Aggies!”
The Scotsman coming to life with the arm movements and students singing the words
“I’m a little teacup”
Various posters: Waste of Tithing; Did you think to pray?; Rameumpton U; New Mexico - Not much different than the old one!; “Can you hear me now?”; life-sized poster of Reggie Theus;
9-point comeback vs. Boise State
Nevada 2009, 2019
Reid Newey hitting 3 to tie the game with UNLV late in the game when they were a top 5 team. loudest I had heard the Spectrum to that point in my life
Blair Reed beating Weber State on a buzzer-beater jump-shot from the top of the key that hit the back of the rim, bounced straight in the air and then dropped straight through
Silas Mills dunk to open the second half on the night we destroyed BYU and the Reid boys
Mike Santos’ afro
Giant Queta
Jim Boylen smashing the possession arrow

I wasn’t there but from my Dad’s account in the first year of the Spectrum there was a heated game against NMSU. Nate Williams chased one of their players up the tunnel. Two men were going at it in the stands in front of my dad. One of the guys took a swing, the other guy ducked and the punch landed in the face of the other guy’s wife 😂😂😂. I think others on the board were there that night and can embellish the story.
Last edited by bluegrouse on December 12th, 2019, 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
aggies22



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm

I know it’s been posted a million times but it’s worth watching a million more...

These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post (total 2):
AggiesForeverDetroit-Aggie



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm

These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
AggiesForever



WannabeAgAlum
Posts: 100
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 6:48 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 12th, 2019, 2:44 pm

$10,000 timeout

Winning the paper airplane toss onto the poster at center court

Kendall Youngblood reverse jams

Jay Goodman alley "oops" 3 point make
These users thanked the author WannabeAgAlum for the post (total 2):
aggies22TheRealTO



dirtnsnow
Posts: 269
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by dirtnsnow » December 12th, 2019, 3:16 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Does any one know when about when winning team and I believe started?
Yes. They were introduced in the 2009-2010 basketball season. Some guys on the front row, and specifically Fafner, introduced them.

Here's some early videos from that time:





So Utah State actually created these cheers. No one else did them before we used them. Because I hear the I believe chant a lot in different sport events. Although I don't hear the winning team chant anywhere else.
No, USU didn't create them, just perfected them. There are some who will claim San Diego State created them, and I've seen a few claim Ohio. I have seen some videos of a high school doing it a few years before USU did.


Aggies All the Way!

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by ThunderAggie » December 12th, 2019, 3:31 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 3:16 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Does any one know when about when winning team and I believe started?
Yes. They were introduced in the 2009-2010 basketball season. Some guys on the front row, and specifically Fafner, introduced them.

Here's some early videos from that time:





So Utah State actually created these cheers. No one else did them before we used them? Because I hear the I believe chant a lot in different sport events. Although I don't hear the winning team chant anywhere else.
No, USU didn't create them, just perfected them. There are some who will claim San Diego State created them, and I've seen a few claim Ohio. I have seen some videos of a high school doing it a few years before USU did.
Yeah. I have heard some people say we invented it but then I hear others say we just made it popular. I guess that is the case.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5260
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 387 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by Aglicious » December 12th, 2019, 3:54 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 3:31 pm
dirtnsnow wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 3:16 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:01 pm
Does any one know when about when winning team and I believe started?
Yes. They were introduced in the 2009-2010 basketball season. Some guys on the front row, and specifically Fafner, introduced them.

Here's some early videos from that time:
So Utah State actually created these cheers. No one else did them before we used them? Because I hear the I believe chant a lot in different sport events. Although I don't hear the winning team chant anywhere else.
No, USU didn't create them, just perfected them. There are some who will claim San Diego State created them, and I've seen a few claim Ohio. I have seen some videos of a high school doing it a few years before USU did.
Yeah. I have heard some people say we invented it but then I hear others say we just made it popular. I guess that is the case.
If you do a search here you'll find some great threads with the history of it. SDSU certainly didn't start the I believe chant and I'm not sure I've ever heard an Aztec fan ever claim that unless they are fairly new and misinformed. Some national articles were also written about its origin when the US Soccer teams started using them round 2014 and 2015. USU is noted in those articles as the one that popularized the chant even though the originators were the Naval Academy. The Wikipedia page on it is mostly correct and does mention USU as the first to adopt it after Navy.

The first YouTube of it being done at USU is here vs. Wichita St. (2/20/10):


I think it was done for the first time 3 days prior to this game against La Tech. but the broadcast did not include footage of the pregame ritual.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8802
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 436 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by ViAggie » December 12th, 2019, 4:39 pm

That Boise State game back in the BW days was awesome
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 2):
TheRealTOGreenAg


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2309
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 12th, 2019, 7:09 pm

That win over Utah in late 2008 when Jim Boylan went nuts was pretty fun. Also we talk about the (sad) choke to Pacific in 2005, but does anyone remember the great 20 point comeback against Pacific in 1996? That was a great memory where the crowd took over.



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15724
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 556 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 12th, 2019, 7:17 pm

the boylen possession arrow is a must
comeback win over boise when down 7 with a minute or so left
nevada game where all of our ears bled
the reggie theus look alike contest



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by TheAKAggie » December 12th, 2019, 7:44 pm

The Butler dunk was the only was I was there for, magic.

And it wasn’t a chicken, they smuggled in a holstein and tossed her onto the court.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
TheRealTO


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by dyedblue » December 12th, 2019, 8:35 pm





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by dyedblue » December 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by dyedblue » December 12th, 2019, 8:50 pm

The decibel meter

I can’t believe I forgot the streaker against NMSU

Stew telling Jamar Young to STFU

Dick Hunsaker going after Stew and Stew almost killing him after a Ute cheap spot to Tony Brown the year Majerus took off was classic

Silas Mills “C” play

Aggie fans booing Brandon Fulluv so much that he couldn’t even catch the ball by the end of the game because he kicked Spencer Nelson

Chanting Novich Hunter’s name

Stan Pepek’s flat top

Chaz freaking Spicer’s three to down the Utes

Tai Wesley’s put back to beat the Utes

Butterfield’s the to take SDSU to OT

The Nevada game last year was one of the best

Oh so many great memories.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
TheRealTO


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

jAggie
Posts: 35
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by jAggie » December 12th, 2019, 8:55 pm

There have been mostly some amazing ups and such crazy games that I've seen in the Spectrum. I would be re-missed though not to mention the biggest deflating game for me:

UCI vs USU 2002....Jerry Green's "The Dagger" shot right after Ronnie Ross hit an amazing 3 pointer with 4 seconds left. It snapped our 31 game home winning streak (3rd longest in the nation). It was such a terrible day. But hands down that was an amazing shot. We got them back at their place later on in the season though which was sweet payback.

Last edited by jAggie on December 12th, 2019, 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2019, 8:57 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 8:37 pm




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s awesome. I was a student during those years. We weren’t very good at that time but the Spectrum magic was still strong.

The water bomb game was during my time too...



Great memories. Great times. Cemented my life-long love of Utah State University.



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by dyedblue » December 12th, 2019, 8:59 pm

That is my single worst memory. So much euphoria followed by 4.8 seconds of breathlessness followed by utter silence.

What a guy punch. That’s the first time I’ve ever seen the video. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by TheAKAggie » December 12th, 2019, 9:08 pm

A t with cartoons of Stew screaming into a mic, tossed to, water bomb, and a fire extinguisher


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 12th, 2019, 9:42 pm

The Pacific loss was worse than Irvine for me because they ranked and we had them buried but both were gut punches for sure.



aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 979
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by aggies1 » December 12th, 2019, 9:58 pm

One of my all time favorite memories in the spectrum was winning a 3 legged race while being first to make a layup during a timeout to win an all expense trip to the big west tournament. That was when i truly became a huge Aggie fan and learned what it meant to support the aggies. I rarely miss a conference tournament or bowl game now and have been a season ticket holder for 20+ years.
These users thanked the author aggies1 for the post (total 3):
Roy McAvoybluegrouseStanfordAggie



User avatar
RigAggie
Posts: 863
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by RigAggie » December 13th, 2019, 8:27 am

Can't remember who we were playing, but I remember Troy Rolle dunking over a player much bigger than him. Anyone remember that game?
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post:
GreenAg



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 438
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 13th, 2019, 8:34 am

jAggie wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 8:55 pm
There have been mostly some amazing ups and such crazy games that I've seen in the Spectrum. I would be re-missed though not to mention the biggest deflating game for me:

UCI vs USU 2002....Jerry Green's "The Dagger" shot right after Ronnie Ross hit an amazing 3 pointer with 4 seconds left. It snapped our 31 game home winning streak (3rd longest in the nation). It was such a terrible day. But hands down that was an amazing shot. We got them back at their place later on in the season though which was sweet payback.

This was one of my first experiences in the spectrum. I have never heard that place go so quiet so quick. Even more than the pacific comeback from ten down a few years later. This shot created a vacuum in the spectrum. Also, I can’t believe how bad the picture was before HD. Good luck trying to figure out who was even on the court in that clip and how did I ever even enjoy watching games on tv back then.



CanofShiz
Posts: 50
Joined: December 2nd, 2018, 5:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by CanofShiz » December 13th, 2019, 11:22 am

Big blue rappelling from the top of the spectrum.

Kobe Karls two missed free throws while the student section chanted daddy's boy. All while daddy watch.

Chaz Spicer always looking high af.
These users thanked the author CanofShiz for the post:
scotlandog



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1160
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » December 13th, 2019, 11:35 am

As a freshman at USU in 1991-92, I experienced the Spectrum for the first time and grew to love attending the games. The funnest game that season was the night that rival UNLV came to town. It was two years after the water bomb and only a year after UNLV's Final Four buzzer beater loss to Duke. The Spectrum was electric that night and it got so loud that I thought the roof of the spectrum was going to blow. Tark brought to Logan two future NBA first rounders in JR Rider and Elmore Spencer, and led the Rebels to a narrow 85-80 victory over a scrappy Utah State team lead by Kendall Youngblood, Carlito DeSilva, Malloy Nesmith, Jay Goodman, and Nate Wickizer. The game was not televised due to UNLV serving sanctions for prior infractions, and the Rebs didn't get to play in the postseason despite finishing undefeated in the Big West (18-0) , having a 26-2 overall record, and finishing the season ranked #7 in the polls. Though we lost that night, I was forever hooked on USU basketball and the legend that has become The Spectrum. Throwing toilet paper, raucous crowds, and the deafening noise levels were my favorite times.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
bluegrouse



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by bluegrouse » December 13th, 2019, 12:14 pm




brian5562
Posts: 1430
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:08 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by brian5562 » December 13th, 2019, 1:20 pm

The Jerry Green shot was a gut punch. Not sure where Tony was going on that and not sure why Stew didn't put a guy on the inbounder.

The loudest I have heard the stadium was 2000 vs. bsu to wrap up the undefeated conference season. Down in the second half and B. Rock hit a 3 to give us the lead. Thought the roof was gonna come off.

Stew telling the fans not to throw (I can't express myself without swearing) on the floor.



User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2311
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 84 times

Re: Favorite Spectrum Moments/Traditions

Post by WAAggie » December 13th, 2019, 1:37 pm

My daughter doing gymnastics at half time. Her routine did not go like she wanted, so insisted on doing it again despite her leaders trying to stop her. She was about 6 and demonstrated her dedication to do her best that she still does almost 30 years later.

Attended waterbomb game, ot loss to UNLV. Loved cheering against the rebs. They had some studs, but we never backed down, despite continued losing to them. Still have my tark towel.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Locked Previous topicNext topic