Home court advantage

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
blueaggie

Home court advantage

Post by blueaggie » December 15th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Just wondering how much it helped BYU to play in the Vivent center against UNLV one week before they played us? I remember seeing the the highlights of the BYU UNLV game being played in the Vivent arena and thinking that would be a huge advantage. BYU was hot in the beginning and it took us a while to get going. Go Aggies!

GUS

Re: Home court advantage

Post by GUS » December 15th, 2019, 7:05 pm

Not sure how much advantage it was. It is interesting to note that byu outscored USU by 6 in the first half and USU outscored byu by 2 in the second. Does that mean it took USU longer to adjust? I don't know. Would Miller have stepped on the sideline twice if he had played there the week before? We'll never know. I do know that I want the series to be home and home. No more Vivent Arena for this game.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 15th, 2019, 7:47 pm

Biggest advantage they had is they made shots.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » December 15th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Yes they did make their shots, but...........I LOATHE them so very much! I'm an old Aggie that one of the most important games to win each year is the byu game. It rips our whole psyche for a couple of months when we lose to them! I know there are more important games in conference, but beating byu is so important. We LOATHE byu fans smugness and arrogance! When Greg Grant played for us, in his 4 years he never lost to byu and we played them twice a year then, and we had Rod Wowie Tueller as our coach. go figure? The y then had kite, Roberts, even Ainge for a year and we still won. What has been wrong since? More than the apology game that many say has been our curse since, I say it was Ladell Anderson when he went to coach the y for 5 years, we didn't beat them and have had trouble ever since. So it was a former Aggie coach that sold his soul to the devil university that created our curse. For me, greatest 2 Aggie wins against byu. When Nate Williams hit a 35 footer in the last second to beat a Kresimir Cosic lead team. The Other memorable one was about early 90's when Eustachy was coach and we had Silas Mills and Cormier that went nuts and we beat the Reid brothers lead team by 32 points at the Spectrum. I believe that game is the worst margin of loss for byu against USU!
These users thanked the author troutputz for the post (total 2):
USU78Real Life Aggie

Full

Post by Full » December 16th, 2019, 9:18 am

I will say that having a white line rather than a dark line made some of the shots funny as players looked down at their feet to figure out if they were outside the three point line. At the spectrum the white line is the women’s three point line... adding a little bit of uncertainty early in the game IMHO. I hope this allows players to be ready to go Wednesday.

Locked Previous topicNext topic