Love you Gary and Ena

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
KissMyAg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 20th, 2019, 9:13 pm

Everyone can chill out and leave your negative comments out of this thread. Gary and Ena did a lot with a new and very injured team.

I’m happy we brought GA back and I’m happy J Hill is still at Weber.
These users thanked the author KissMyAg for the post (total 3):
JFW_AGGIESAgsmanTurtle

aggiesdidwhat

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by aggiesdidwhat » December 20th, 2019, 9:19 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 9:13 pm
Everyone can chill out and leave your negative comments out of this thread. Gary and Ena did a lot with a new and very injured team.

I’m happy we brought GA back and I’m happy J Hill is still at Weber.
Agree

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 20th, 2019, 9:23 pm

I couldn’t disagree more with you about Ena. He’s a total (I can't express myself without swearing) show and it couldn’t be more apparent.

I’m not ready to give up on Gary. Sanford also called a really good game tonight. 41 points should win you a game against a 6-6 MAC school.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 10):
AgMacJjoey52ProvoAggieaggieguy13GUSBLUERUFiOimanaggieAggieFBObsessionYoungBloodAggieTrueBlueAggie123

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » December 21st, 2019, 5:37 am

I actually think Ena is a fantastic coach. He didn’t have much to play with this year, our lack of depth killed us this year and give credit where it’s due - the O played well last night.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 21st, 2019, 6:41 am

KissMyAg wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 5:37 am
I actually think Ena is a fantastic coach. He didn’t have much to play with this year, our lack of depth killed us this year and give credit where it’s due - the O played well last night.
What evidence is there that he is a fantastic coach? I'm not saying fire him. I'm sure he will get another year to prove himself, but fantastic seems a big stretch considering how bad our d looked in the second half of the year.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 21st, 2019, 9:58 am

KissMyAg wrote:
Then you need some film sessions and learn a bit about offenses and defenses and how not to use your personell. What in Ena's actions since taking over the defense support your supposition that he is an excellent coach.

1. What D coordinator would have changed a defense that was top in the nation in TO creation last year.
2. What D coordinator would take his all league finesse edge rusher and try to turn him into a 4 man front D end.
3. What D coordinator would take one of his other starting LB and turn him into a 4 man front D end with no one other than Woody that can play LB.
4. What D coordinator could not see that this secondary has playmakers but can't cover and try to play coverage D instead of utilizing their strengths which included being one of the top INT teams in the country last year.
5. Lets look at the film from last year with the same players and tell me they haven't regressed in discipline, aggressiveness, technique, and swagger.

Its fine to assert opinions on here but figure out how to defend them. I'm open. Go back and study the film and tell me how Ena is a fantastic coach. The proof is in the pudding. Talent has a lot to do with it and yes he designed this D around Woody but Woody was merely holding a disaster together. He couldn't be aggressive because he had to cover side to side and make every tackle. When he left...lol
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 5):
imanaggieaggieman2828JSHarveyAggie_in_IdahoBleedAggieBlue0

ususports

Post by ususports » December 21st, 2019, 10:50 am

I am not sure if Hickaggie is asking trick questions, but I think the answer to questions 1-4 is Ena. Or in more detail, a stupid one. ;)
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
Aggie_in_Idaho

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 21st, 2019, 11:05 am

hickaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:58 am
KissMyAg wrote:
Then you need some film sessions and learn a bit about offenses and defenses and how not to use your personell. What in Ena's actions since taking over the defense support your supposition that he is an excellent coach.

1. What D coordinator would have changed a defense that was top in the nation in TO creation last year.
2. What D coordinator would take his all league finesse edge rusher and try to turn him into a 4 man front D end.
3. What D coordinator would take one of his other starting LB and turn him into a 4 man front D end with no one other than Woody that can play LB.
4. What D coordinator could not see that this secondary has playmakers but can't cover and try to play coverage D instead of utilizing their strengths which included being one of the top INT teams in the country last year.
5. Lets look at the film from last year with the same players and tell me they haven't regressed in discipline, aggressiveness, technique, and swagger.

Its fine to assert opinions on here but figure out how to defend them. I'm open. Go back and study the film and tell me how Ena is a fantastic coach. The proof is in the pudding. Talent has a lot to do with it and yes he designed this D around Woody but Woody was merely holding a disaster together. He couldn't be aggressive because he had to cover side to side and make every tackle. When he left...lol
Your point #4 is a flat out joke we don't have playmakers in our secondary. We have 1 player in that group that maybe would have played on any of GA's previous defenses, and thats bond. We lack speed and physicality in this group. Agree we probly shouldnt have switched to the 4-2-5 but thats apparently what they want to run. Better now so they can learn the system. I just dont know if we can recruit the dline to play that system.
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post:
oleblu111

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 21st, 2019, 11:12 am

I really wish people would quite saying with the same player thats such a BS argument. Bond was coming off of an ACL, Wade, Roquemore, and Ingram were huge losses. Along with Maglai sp woody and Fua. We were basicly playing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string guys at LB.
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post:
oleblu111

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 21st, 2019, 11:31 am

I note many stout opinions posted here, yet the reality is ENA inherited a very solid returning group of proven athletes and misused two fine outside linebackers in a stogy l4-3 set defense that failed the call this year. Second half play was poor in close games and further evidence that D C Ena just didn't perform. After the rot set in Ena could have changed his defensive sets,,,,,,,yet he refused to do so.

I remain a committed AGGIE but I'm not blind to what I saw this season. Even slow and mediocre athletes can be coached about playing a position game, and what happened to the tackling prowess of 2018?
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
JSHarvey

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » December 21st, 2019, 11:41 am

As I have posted before the problem with this team is not what alignment they are in but that they are not a tough, physical football players. The players up front are not that strong, linebackers are the same and D.B. do not tackle well at all.that must change.

Terrible play resulted in a fumbled punt, a snap over the kickers head he was looking down field before catching the ball. Those errors are huge, and both were unforced

I am very concerned for next season we lost the 3 best players on offense, and those that remain are not that talented. Our O line need to get much stronger, we need receiver help, and better running back. Defense is a complete disaster.

It is Gary's job to change the culture, and if he does not he will be gone after 3 seasons.

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » December 21st, 2019, 11:49 am

Love you Gary and Ena! I thought you guys did as well as you could with what you had.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 21st, 2019, 11:52 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:31 am
I note many stout opinions posted here, yet the reality is ENA inherited a very solid returning group of proven athletes and misused two fine outside linebackers in a stogy l4-3 set defense that failed the call this year. Second half play was poor in close games and further evidence that D C Ena just didn't perform. After the rot set in Ena could have changed his defensive sets,,,,,,,yet he refused to do so.

I remain a committed AGGIE but I'm not blind to what I saw this season. Even slow and mediocre athletes can be coached about playing a position game, and what happened to the tackling prowess of 2018?
I would take your opinion more serious if you wouldn't have said we played a 4-3 most of the yr, we didnt we played a 4-2-5

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 21st, 2019, 12:27 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
Before the season started we were way more worried about our offense. The defense, most were saying, was the strength of the team, especially the quality and depth of the front 7. So now we didn't have much to play with? Somebody is nuts.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
frankiesaysrelaxaggieman2828

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » December 21st, 2019, 12:29 pm

Ever heard of the word “injuries”?

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 21st, 2019, 12:42 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:12 am
I really wish people would quite saying with the same player thats such a BS argument. Bond was coming off of an ACL, Wade, Roquemore, and Ingram were huge losses. Along with Maglai sp woody and Fua. We were basicly playing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string guys at LB.
Who is maglai?

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 21st, 2019, 1:06 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:42 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
Who is maglai?
#39 Maiki Magaeli LB he played last yr and was pretty good next to Woody.

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 21st, 2019, 1:43 pm

What string was Shelton? Munoz must’ve got hurt cause he was in most of the game.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 21st, 2019, 2:07 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:05 am
hickaggie wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

Your point #4 is a flat out joke we don't have playmakers in our secondary. We have 1 player in that group that maybe would have played on any of GA's previous defenses, and thats bond. We lack speed and physicality in this group. Agree we probly shouldnt have switched to the 4-2-5 but thats apparently what they want to run. Better now so they can learn the system. I just dont know if we can recruit the dline to play that system.
This team led the nation in INTs last year. Bond is a playmaker so is Williams. He just can't cover. Out of the 3-4 we brought pressure and forced mistakes. Don't give me that crap without backing it up.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 21st, 2019, 2:14 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:29 pm
Ever heard of the word “injuries”?
lol..I acknowledged Woody's injury and how it destroyed the D because of Ena's idiotic moves.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 21st, 2019, 2:48 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 1:06 pm
slcagg wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
Who is maglai?
I’m being facetious. He hardly played last year and didn’t play last year. He another mystery guy to me as he looked pretty good as a freshman. Supposedly he and uasike are still on the team somewhere.

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » December 21st, 2019, 3:03 pm

How can you out have a good d if you have no linebackers and a below average secondary. How many tackles did the linebackers have last night? I don't think I ever heard them call a linebackers name on a defensive play.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 21st, 2019, 3:06 pm

blueaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:03 pm
How can you out have a good d if you have no linebackers and a below average secondary. How many tackles did the linebackers have last night? I don't think I ever heard them call a linebackers name on a defensive play.
That's what happens when you move your two starting OLBs to the D line where they don't fit in. It was the Woody show until it wasn't.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 21st, 2019, 3:21 pm

I thought pretty much everyone was nervous about the secondary. We didn’t have Fergilocious back- we didn’t have wade or rocquemore. We didn’t have Ingram back either. That’s nearly an entire secondary.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 21st, 2019, 3:52 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 2:07 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:05 am
hickaggie wrote:
KissMyAg wrote:

This team led the nation in INTs last year. Bond is a playmaker so is Williams. He just can't cover. Out of the 3-4 we brought pressure and forced mistakes. Don't give me that crap without backing it up.
If you truly believe Williams is a playmaker I really have to ? Your FB IQ.

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » December 21st, 2019, 6:03 pm

Why are the Aggies the only team in the country that has to deal with injuries? It's totally not fair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » December 21st, 2019, 7:48 pm

Kevin M had 5 tackles
Munoz had 4

hvaggie

Post by hvaggie » December 21st, 2019, 8:26 pm

Eberle had 3

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » December 21st, 2019, 8:37 pm

I've lived through 30 years of crummy football. I know what it looks like and we are not even close to those bad old days.
Thank you coach A and the players for an exciting year of winning football.

Roll Aggies!!!
These users thanked the author CedarAg for the post:
aggies22

Roll Aggies!!!!

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » December 21st, 2019, 8:41 pm

This years record is the 2nd best record in the last 5 years! Let step back and be thankful for what we have, yes I am mad about the blowout losses, yes we should have won our bowl game (we like to lose to teams that have never won a bowl game). We had a winning season, we have some good players coming back. Proud to be an Aggie for that past 30 years! Time to give the coaching staff a break, give them a couple years.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 21st, 2019, 9:48 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 1:06 pm
slcagg wrote:
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
Who is maglai?

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am

I’m bumping this thread back up. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
These users thanked the author KissMyAg for the post (total 2):
GaAggieoleblu111

Bybs25

Post by Bybs25 » December 22nd, 2019, 11:19 am

I have said all year that the weakness on defense was our secondary. The players out there were very undisciplined with yheir technique, their eyes, and recognition. Our saftey play last year were great at recognizing the run and coming up and filling in the right spots and wrapping up.

Lefeged might be a great athlete but he was a terrible tackler as he mostly tried to shoulder guys instead of wrapping up. Wouldn't fill in the right spots and was out of position.

Bond is a great center fielder but also was poor in run support. Gage was a great run support safety that would help prevent a ton of those 3rd down conversions. We essentially had 2 free safeties out there and no strong safety run support help.

Our corners were terrible of getting off blocks and containing the edge.

My biggest question is why weren't others given a shot in games. We basically had 4 practice all Americans that couldn't get the job done in the games. When playing a 4-2-5 you have to have amazing DB players and out of who played this year since I wasn't able to add any practices I really only saw 3 thought should have been out there. Bond at FS Gilliam at SS Lampkin at NB. Honestly we needed 2 great CB and even better SS play.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

pcaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:41 pm
This years record is the 2nd best record in the last 5 years! Let step back and be thankful for what we have, yes I am mad about the blowout losses, yes we should have won our bowl game (we like to lose to teams that have never won a bowl game). We had a winning season, we have some good players coming back. Proud to be an Aggie for that past 30 years! Time to give the coaching staff a break, give them a couple years.
I'm confused. How can you say we have good players coming back when the original OP makes it very clear that the coaching staff has nothing to work with.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm

I hope everyone has had the weekend to calm the F down... including me. Winning season and a bowl game and half were wanting to jump off of a cliff! Let GA get his recruits before we panic

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic