Love you Gary and Ena

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by hickaggie » December 22nd, 2019, 12:20 pm

Bybs25 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 11:19 am
I have said all year that the weakness on defense was our secondary. The players out there were very undisciplined with yheir technique, their eyes, and recognition. Our saftey play last year were great at recognizing the run and coming up and filling in the right spots and wrapping up.

Lefeged might be a great athlete but he was a terrible tackler as he mostly tried to shoulder guys instead of wrapping up. Wouldn't fill in the right spots and was out of position.

Bond is a great center fielder but also was poor in run support. Gage was a great run support safety that would help prevent a ton of those 3rd down conversions. We essentially had 2 free safeties out there and no strong safety run support help.

Our corners were terrible of getting off blocks and containing the edge.

My biggest question is why weren't others given a shot in games. We basically had 4 practice all Americans that couldn't get the job done in the games. When playing a 4-2-5 you have to have amazing DB players and out of who played this year since I wasn't able to add any practices I really only saw 3 thought should have been out there. Bond at FS Gilliam at SS Lampkin at NB. Honestly we needed 2 great CB and even better SS play.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
That is 100% true but the defensive struggles were far from limited to the secondary. Our 4 man ends neither got a consistent pass rush, maintained contain, or were disciplined against the read. When the secondary did cover I think we must have led the nation in QB scrambles for 1st down because they tackled so poorly and let themselves get sucked inside and held from the end position. Our tackles were never in their lanes in the middle.

Absent Woody our LBs were slow and poor tacklers and were slow on their reads. At the end of the day a lot of that had to with trying to make Tipa and Tei 4 man front D ends. It didn't work and they were our starting OLBs. As bad as this secondary was in coverage it was largely the same bunch that led the NCAA in Ints last year in Patterson's risk it all hybrid 3 3 5/ 3-4



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7597
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
hickaggie



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by hickaggie » December 22nd, 2019, 1:12 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
The guys defending Ena have not backed up their position with one football related argument. For them its well "we were 7-6 why are you complaining. I've never watched a game with the score as my marker. I watch matchups, technique, angles, and body language. I look at a coach by how he's using his personell and talent, and creativity in making adjustments when he has bad matchups.

As far as how a team is coached on Defense, Leverage, discipline, assignments, angles, and breaking down are the first things you look for. A failure in any one of those areas at the snap is fatal to getting a stop.

Ena did not take over a rebuild. Granted he lost a couple of key guys but the core of this defense was back. All he had to do was run the same aggressive 3 3 5 or 3-4 that Patterson did. He had experienced D lineman to rotate in a 3 man front.

The loss of Woody was devastating but the Aggies defensive problems cost us the Wake game before that and Woody was just masking a disaster that was Ena's doing.

Have all the faith you want but put your money where your mouth is. I'd wager the Aggies don't beat an FBS team with a winning record next year with Ena running the D. The entire D needs to be revamped next year and it is going to be a tough job with anyone.

Unless 2-3 JUCO real 4 front Defensive ends, 2 stud LBs, and 2 all NCAA corners suddenly sign out of nowhere a 4 2 5 next year that won't be worse than this D is a fantasy. Even if that happens I have no confidence in Ena's ability to use them correctly or scheme and adjust. That's before the techique, leverage, angle and breakdown issues.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 2):
aggieman2828JSHarvey



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by hickaggie » December 22nd, 2019, 1:22 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:52 pm
hickaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 2:07 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:05 am
hickaggie wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:58 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 5:37 am
I actually think Ena is a fantastic coach. He didn’t have much to play with this year, our lack of depth killed us this year and give credit where it’s due - the O played well last night.
Then you need some film sessions and learn a bit about offenses and defenses and how not to use your personell. What in Ena's actions since taking over the defense support your supposition that he is an excellent coach.

1. What D coordinator would have changed a defense that was top in the nation in TO creation last year.
2. What D coordinator would take his all league finesse edge rusher and try to turn him into a 4 man front D end.
3. What D coordinator would take one of his other starting LB and turn him into a 4 man front D end with no one other than Woody that can play LB.
4. What D coordinator could not see that this secondary has playmakers but can't cover and try to play coverage D instead of utilizing their strengths which included being one of the top INT teams in the country last year.
5. Lets look at the film from last year with the same players and tell me they haven't regressed in discipline, aggressiveness, technique, and swagger.

Its fine to assert opinions on here but figure out how to defend them. I'm open. Go back and study the film and tell me how Ena is a fantastic coach. The proof is in the pudding. Talent has a lot to do with it and yes he designed this D around Woody but Woody was merely holding a disaster together. He couldn't be aggressive because he had to cover side to side and make every tackle. When he left...lol
Your point #4 is a flat out joke we don't have playmakers in our secondary. We have 1 player in that group that maybe would have played on any of GA's previous defenses, and thats bond. We lack speed and physicality in this group. Agree we probly shouldnt have switched to the 4-2-5 but thats apparently what they want to run. Better now so they can learn the system. I just dont know if we can recruit the dline to play that system.
This team led the nation in INTs last year. Bond is a playmaker so is Williams. He just can't cover. Out of the 3-4 we brought pressure and forced mistakes. Don't give me that crap without backing it up.
If you truly believe Williams is a playmaker I really have to ? Your FB IQ.
Playmaker and cover guys are 2 different things. He was one of the top INT guys in the country last year and he was the best run stopper out of the secondary at least for the 1st half of the year. He couldn't cover his grandma and I said that. He did some really boneheaded stuff too. My point was you don't run a defense that relies on his coverage skills when he is your starting corner. You make the QB make mistakes by blitzing the hell out of him and disguising coverages.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
aggieman2828



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:12 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
The guys defending Ena have not backed up their position with one football related argument. For them its well "we were 7-6 why are you complaining. I've never watched a game with the score as my marker. I watch matchups, technique, angles, and body language. I look at a coach by how he's using his personell and talent, and creativity in making adjustments when he has bad matchups.

As far as how a team is coached on Defense, Leverage, discipline, assignments, angles, and breaking down are the first things you look for. A failure in any one of those areas at the snap is fatal to getting a stop.

Ena did not take over a rebuild. Granted he lost a couple of key guys but the core of this defense was back. All he had to do was run the same aggressive 3 3 5 or 3-4 that Patterson did. He had experienced D lineman to rotate in a 3 man front.

The loss of Woody was devastating but the Aggies defensive problems cost us the Wake game before that and Woody was just masking a disaster that was Ena's doing.

Have all the faith you want but put your money where your mouth is. I'd wager the Aggies don't beat an FBS team with a winning record next year with Ena running the D. The entire D needs to be revamped next year and it is going to be a tough job with anyone.

Unless 2-3 JUCO real 4 front Defensive ends, 2 stud LBs, and 2 all NCAA corners suddenly sign out of nowhere a 4 2 5 next year that won't be worse than this D is a fantasy. Even if that happens I have no confidence in Ena's ability to use them correctly or scheme and adjust. That's before the techique, leverage, angle and breakdown issues.
I hate (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts like this one...

Thanks for the 7 wins boys, especially with such little depth. We love you GA! We love you Ena!



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 1:51 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena! Thanks for the 7 wins!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
I love you Gary and Ena!
Last edited by KissMyAg on December 22nd, 2019, 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 2:02 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm
I hope everyone has had the weekend to calm the F down... including me. Winning season and a bowl game and half were wanting to jump off of a cliff! Let GA get his recruits before we panic
Viag... I’m supposed to calm down before I post a public message?!?!? NO!!!!!!

I’d rather write (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts for our players, recruits and coaches to read. I’d rather write (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts after a 7 win season. Nevermind the seniors... I’d rather write (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts.
These users thanked the author KissMyAg for the post:
ViAggie



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by hickaggie » December 22nd, 2019, 2:46 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm
hickaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:12 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
The guys defending Ena have not backed up their position with one football related argument. For them its well "we were 7-6 why are you complaining. I've never watched a game with the score as my marker. I watch matchups, technique, angles, and body language. I look at a coach by how he's using his personell and talent, and creativity in making adjustments when he has bad matchups.

As far as how a team is coached on Defense, Leverage, discipline, assignments, angles, and breaking down are the first things you look for. A failure in any one of those areas at the snap is fatal to getting a stop.

Ena did not take over a rebuild. Granted he lost a couple of key guys but the core of this defense was back. All he had to do was run the same aggressive 3 3 5 or 3-4 that Patterson did. He had experienced D lineman to rotate in a 3 man front.

The loss of Woody was devastating but the Aggies defensive problems cost us the Wake game before that and Woody was just masking a disaster that was Ena's doing.

Have all the faith you want but put your money where your mouth is. I'd wager the Aggies don't beat an FBS team with a winning record next year with Ena running the D. The entire D needs to be revamped next year and it is going to be a tough job with anyone.

Unless 2-3 JUCO real 4 front Defensive ends, 2 stud LBs, and 2 all NCAA corners suddenly sign out of nowhere a 4 2 5 next year that won't be worse than this D is a fantasy. Even if that happens I have no confidence in Ena's ability to use them correctly or scheme and adjust. That's before the techique, leverage, angle and breakdown issues.
I hate (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts like this one...

Thanks for the 7 wins boys, especially with such little depth. We love you GA! We love you Ena!
Didn't realize we were debating with Justin's wife here. If you're not you've got a very unhealthy obsession and need some help. Enjoy watching your boy give the Aggies a 3 win season while given up 40 points a game next year. while your at it. I know I won't be watching.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
JSHarvey



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 4:02 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 2:46 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm
hickaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:12 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
The guys defending Ena have not backed up their position with one football related argument. For them its well "we were 7-6 why are you complaining. I've never watched a game with the score as my marker. I watch matchups, technique, angles, and body language. I look at a coach by how he's using his personell and talent, and creativity in making adjustments when he has bad matchups.

As far as how a team is coached on Defense, Leverage, discipline, assignments, angles, and breaking down are the first things you look for. A failure in any one of those areas at the snap is fatal to getting a stop.

Ena did not take over a rebuild. Granted he lost a couple of key guys but the core of this defense was back. All he had to do was run the same aggressive 3 3 5 or 3-4 that Patterson did. He had experienced D lineman to rotate in a 3 man front.

The loss of Woody was devastating but the Aggies defensive problems cost us the Wake game before that and Woody was just masking a disaster that was Ena's doing.

Have all the faith you want but put your money where your mouth is. I'd wager the Aggies don't beat an FBS team with a winning record next year with Ena running the D. The entire D needs to be revamped next year and it is going to be a tough job with anyone.

Unless 2-3 JUCO real 4 front Defensive ends, 2 stud LBs, and 2 all NCAA corners suddenly sign out of nowhere a 4 2 5 next year that won't be worse than this D is a fantasy. Even if that happens I have no confidence in Ena's ability to use them correctly or scheme and adjust. That's before the techique, leverage, angle and breakdown issues.
I hate (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts like this one...

Thanks for the 7 wins boys, especially with such little depth. We love you GA! We love you Ena!
Didn't realize we were debating with Justin's wife here. If you're not you've got a very unhealthy obsession and need some help. Enjoy watching your boy give the Aggies a 3 win season while given up 40 points a game next year. while your at it. I know I won't be watching.
*giving up 40 points not “given”... (I can't express myself without swearing) little post



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 568
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 22nd, 2019, 4:19 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 2:46 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm
hickaggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:12 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
The guys defending Ena have not backed up their position with one football related argument. For them its well "we were 7-6 why are you complaining. I've never watched a game with the score as my marker. I watch matchups, technique, angles, and body language. I look at a coach by how he's using his personell and talent, and creativity in making adjustments when he has bad matchups.

As far as how a team is coached on Defense, Leverage, discipline, assignments, angles, and breaking down are the first things you look for. A failure in any one of those areas at the snap is fatal to getting a stop.

Ena did not take over a rebuild. Granted he lost a couple of key guys but the core of this defense was back. All he had to do was run the same aggressive 3 3 5 or 3-4 that Patterson did. He had experienced D lineman to rotate in a 3 man front.

The loss of Woody was devastating but the Aggies defensive problems cost us the Wake game before that and Woody was just masking a disaster that was Ena's doing.

Have all the faith you want but put your money where your mouth is. I'd wager the Aggies don't beat an FBS team with a winning record next year with Ena running the D. The entire D needs to be revamped next year and it is going to be a tough job with anyone.

Unless 2-3 JUCO real 4 front Defensive ends, 2 stud LBs, and 2 all NCAA corners suddenly sign out of nowhere a 4 2 5 next year that won't be worse than this D is a fantasy. Even if that happens I have no confidence in Ena's ability to use them correctly or scheme and adjust. That's before the techique, leverage, angle and breakdown issues.
I hate (I can't express myself without swearing) little posts like this one...

Thanks for the 7 wins boys, especially with such little depth. We love you GA! We love you Ena!
Didn't realize we were debating with Justin's wife here. If you're not you've got a very unhealthy obsession and need some help. Enjoy watching your boy give the Aggies a 3 win season while given up 40 points a game next year. while your at it. I know I won't be watching.
So leave already then
These users thanked the author JFW_AGGIES for the post:
tinplater



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 7:03 pm

I love me some GA and Ena!



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7597
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 23rd, 2019, 1:49 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:51 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:22 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am
I’m bumping this thread back up... above all the little (I can't express myself without swearing) threads. Whiny little threads about quitting on a team that won seven games. Armchair coaches who don’t even know what defensive scheme we play. Non-season ticket holders who act like they are the foundation of the Merlin Olsen fund.

I love me some Gary and Ena! Thanks for the 7 wins!

Thanks for the 7 wins boys and thank you to the seniors!
So it was a good idea to take one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the in the nation and put his hand in the ground 18 inches away from 300 lb OL tackles, basically neutralizing him the entire season?

Ena stinks. GA will see this and fire him sooner than later, or the AD will force his hand as he did with Wells on offense a few years ago. This was one of the worst D's we've had in over a decade.
I love you Gary and Ena!
D gives up 51 points in a bowl loss to a .500 team.

Love you Ena!



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm

Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
Last edited by KissMyAg on December 24th, 2019, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7597
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 24th, 2019, 10:59 am

KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

Recruits, players, coaches, and parents. They aren’t real Aggies!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
So you are saying the players suck?



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 24th, 2019, 12:59 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:59 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

Recruits, players, coaches, and parents. They aren’t real Aggies!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
So you are saying the players suck?
No... the admins edited my post and now it reads funny.



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 24th, 2019, 2:35 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:59 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:59 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

Recruits, players, coaches, and parents. They aren’t real Aggies!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
So you are saying the players suck?
No... the admins edited my post and now it reads funny... they can’t even get my post right.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 7597
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:59 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:59 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

Recruits, players, coaches, and parents. They aren’t real Aggies!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
So you are saying the players suck?
No... the admins edited my post and now it reads funny.
But you keep repeating the mantra that Ena is doing the best he can with what he has. When your D keeps getting gashed for 40 plus points a game this means you think the players suck.



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2389
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 52 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 12:19 pm
I hope everyone has had the weekend to calm the F down... including me. Winning season and a bowl game and half were wanting to jump off of a cliff! Let GA get his recruits before we panic
This is pretty much how I feel. However, this season has put me on notice because the team just didn't look right for a lot of the games.


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5356
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 370 times
Been thanked: 609 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
Please quit being so negative about the team, KissMyAg. Players and their families read this board!

By saying Ena is doing as much as he can with what he has you are saying he’s a great coach but his players aren’t very good.

I happen to think the players are awesome and wish their coach had schemed a little differently and coached them up better to put them in more of a position to succeed. I believe in the kids on the team!
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 6):
AgMacFloridaAggie13aggieman2828JSHarveyAggieFBObsessionoleblu111



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2088
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 24th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
Please quit being so negative about the team, KissMyAg. Players and their families read this board!

By saying Ena is doing as much as he can with what he has you are saying he’s a great coach but his players aren’t very good.

I happen to think the players are awesome and wish their coach had schemed a little differently and coached them up better to put them in more of a position to succeed. I believe in the kids on the team!
Solid post Roy, just solid insight. PEACE...



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 568
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 24th, 2019, 10:38 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
Please quit being so negative about the team, KissMyAg. Players and their families read this board!

By saying Ena is doing as much as he can with what he has you are saying he’s a great coach but his players aren’t very good.

I happen to think the players are awesome and wish their coach had schemed a little differently and coached them up better to put them in more of a position to succeed. I believe in the kids on the team!
Solid post Roy, just solid insight. PEACE...
This is just dumb, glad you all find it funny that you damage our program! No wonder the program failed for as long as it did.



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 25th, 2019, 6:38 am

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:38 pm
NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:07 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:18 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
Please quit being so negative about the team, KissMyAg. Players and their families read this board!

By saying Ena is doing as much as he can with what he has you are saying he’s a great coach but his players aren’t very good.

I happen to think the players are awesome and wish their coach had schemed a little differently and coached them up better to put them in more of a position to succeed. I believe in the kids on the team!
Solid post Roy, just solid insight. PEACE...
This is just dumb, glad you all find it funny that you damage our program! No wonder the program failed for as long as it did.
I never said “they aren’t good”, I said it was a depth problem - big difference.

I think the players are awesome too, they put in a lot more than you and me.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2088
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 25th, 2019, 12:08 pm

KissMyAg wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:59 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:59 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

Recruits, players, coaches, and parents. They aren’t real Aggies!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
So you are saying the players suck?
No... the admins edited my post and now it reads funny.
Perhaps, KissMyAg, you could rewrite your MANAGEMENT EDITED post in a manner that wouldn't be edited? That would give others a broader of your comments. Thank you,,,meaning no personal disrespect here, just looking for a broader description of your opinions.



KissMyAg
Posts: 309
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 11:31 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by KissMyAg » December 25th, 2019, 1:48 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 12:08 pm
KissMyAg wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 12:59 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 10:59 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Love you Ena! You are doing as much as you can with what you have!

Recruits, players, coaches, and parents. They aren’t real Aggies!

EDITED BY MANAGEMENT
So you are saying the players suck?
No... the admins edited my post and now it reads funny.
Perhaps, KissMyAg, you could rewrite your MANAGEMENT EDITED post in a manner that wouldn't be edited? That would give others a broader of your comments. Thank you,,,meaning no personal disrespect here, just looking for a broader description of your opinions.
Good point.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1793
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by JSHarvey » December 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Would someone who supports what Ena is trying to do on defense please explain to me the logic that he (Ena) is using to justify a 4 man front? We had a great defense in place, this year shows the new scheme just doesn't work well. What was Ena's logic in switching to it? What does a 4 man front get a team? Why not stick with an approach that has been proven to work at USU?

Any insight would be appreciated.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2088
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 26th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Hickaggie and Roy McAvoy have made cogent posts about a 4 vs 3 down lineman front and why Gary Andersen successfully switched to and then justified that on the field of play. Look for their posts on this site please.



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by hickaggie » December 26th, 2019, 4:51 pm

JSHarvey wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm
Would someone who supports what Ena is trying to do on defense please explain to me the logic that he (Ena) is using to justify a 4 man front? We had a great defense in place, this year shows the new scheme just doesn't work well. What was Ena's logic in switching to it? What does a 4 man front get a team? Why not stick with an approach that has been proven to work at USU?

Any insight would be appreciated.
The 4 2 5 defense is a great defense with the right players. It is an unstoppable defense if you have great 4 man front D ends and all american corners who can lock down man. It can be used in combination of 5 dbs, or 2 safety/LB hybrids or even more with the common modern 4-3 schemes with an extra traditional outside LB. It is also a very simple D which allows for plug and play gap assignments making it easy to implement in a semi pro scheme for example where you don't have practice time and are plugging in different guys each week.

The 3-4 was developed in NFL because LBs skillsets are much more common than 4 man front D ends and thus teams didn't have to pay the premiums due a real D end and could have more depth at LB/DB with a wider variety of athletes. For example as we found out incredible athletes like Tipa don't have much of a home anywhere with a traditional 4 man front.

3 man fronts can be run by workmanlike lineman who can be developed for strength. Rotation is easier because teams are more likely to have 6-9 with those skill sets than they are to have depth at 4 man D ends. USU's only true 4 man D end was Henninger for example.

The 3-4 and the 3 3 5 are both much more adaptable to disguise coverage and zone blitzes. If your ends aren't generating a great pass rush you have to bring at least 5 guys or more and its harder to stack up zone blitzes. With 8 guys moving around presnap there are just a ton more options to be deceptive and aggressive.

If you have right guys nothing beats a 4 man front. Teams that have the depth to do this are few and far apart. I think Ena erred schematically in trying to do this and have made that point. But the coaching problems on the D were as much in a lack of schematic discipline, lazy line play, and lack of an aggressive approach too. Guess we'll see next year.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
JSHarvey



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5905
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Love you Gary and Ena

Post by 2004AG » December 26th, 2019, 5:33 pm

hickaggie wrote:
JSHarvey wrote:
December 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm
Would someone who supports what Ena is trying to do on defense please explain to me the logic that he (Ena) is using to justify a 4 man front? We had a great defense in place, this year shows the new scheme just doesn't work well. What was Ena's logic in switching to it? What does a 4 man front get a team? Why not stick with an approach that has been proven to work at USU?

Any insight would be appreciated.
The 4 2 5 defense is a great defense with the right players. It is an unstoppable defense if you have great 4 man front D ends and all american corners who can lock down man. It can be used in combination of 5 dbs, or 2 safety/LB hybrids or even more with the common modern 4-3 schemes with an extra traditional outside LB. It is also a very simple D which allows for plug and play gap assignments making it easy to implement in a semi pro scheme for example where you don't have practice time and are plugging in different guys each week.

The 3-4 was developed in NFL because LBs skillsets are much more common than 4 man front D ends and thus teams didn't have to pay the premiums due a real D end and could have more depth at LB/DB with a wider variety of athletes. For example as we found out incredible athletes like Tipa don't have much of a home anywhere with a traditional 4 man front.

3 man fronts can be run by workmanlike lineman who can be developed for strength. Rotation is easier because teams are more likely to have 6-9 with those skill sets than they are to have depth at 4 man D ends. USU's only true 4 man D end was Henninger for example.

The 3-4 and the 3 3 5 are both much more adaptable to disguise coverage and zone blitzes. If your ends aren't generating a great pass rush you have to bring at least 5 guys or more and its harder to stack up zone blitzes. With 8 guys moving around presnap there are just a ton more options to be deceptive and aggressive.

If you have right guys nothing beats a 4 man front. Teams that have the depth to do this are few and far apart. I think Ena erred schematically in trying to do this and have made that point. But the coaching problems on the D were as much in a lack of schematic discipline, lazy line play, and lack of an aggressive approach too. Guess we'll see next year.
I’m confused. Are you saying you don’t like Ena and the 3-4? I don’t think you’ve mentioned it one way or another. I feel like the 3-4 vs 4-3 needs to be discussed more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic