MWC tourney tickets

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
utaggies

MWC tourney tickets

Post by utaggies » February 13th, 2020, 9:45 pm

I called the USU ticket office re: tickets to the MWC tourney. They offered “all session” tickets for $265/seat. I needed one for me and one for my brother, a big BSU fan. I believe there was also a handling fee involved. I don’t recall. But the kicker was that they could not tell me which seats I would be able to claim. They first had to wait for all donors to come forward to see who would be given the highest priority for the best seats. That was too much of a gamble for me. I then called the Wyoming ticket office to see what their restrictions were. The answer was none. No waiting period for seat allocation to first see who has the highest priority points. They sold me the best seats available. The tickets were cheaper than USU’s at $250/seat for all sessions with no handling fee — with the exception of the cost of mailing the tickets to me.

I will now need a mustard and poo sweatshirt to fit in. But the upside is that the Wyoming fans will likely not be around after the Wednesday first round games following a likely early Cowboy exit. This should be an interesting experience.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: MWC tourney tickets

Post by ProvoAggie » February 13th, 2020, 9:54 pm

If this year is like other years then Wyoming fans travel extremely well (even when they're really bad) and a good chunk of them will continue attending games. Wyoming's section this year is diagonally across from USU this year and behind Nevada. USU this year got a front section which means the furthest back seat is closer than the closest seat in the Wyoming section. The tournament tickets are supposed to be $250 but USU did mark them up this year (they've discounted them the past 2 years). You can see the full seating chart here:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... ochure.pdf

Ultimately you'll have fun. There are always fans sitting in other sections (especially after the first day) and if UNLV get's knocked out then the UNLV section behind USU will be empty and you can come sit with the Aggie fans anyway.

boyblue

Post by boyblue » February 14th, 2020, 8:14 am

Are there any other options for tickets? My family is going to Vegas for the week, but they dont want to go to all the games. I will go to all of the USU games, but I may be there alone. What are my options. I know some have mentioned buying tickets off of fans after they lose. This will be our first time attending the tournament, and I need some good advice. Also, what about parking? Can you go to UNLV and buy a visitors parking pass?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 14th, 2020, 8:31 am

boyblue wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 8:14 am
Are there any other options for tickets? My family is going to Vegas for the week, but they dont want to go to all the games. I will go to all of the USU games, but I may be there alone. What are my options. I know some have mentioned buying tickets off of fans after they lose. This will be our first time attending the tournament, and I need some good advice. Also, what about parking? Can you go to UNLV and buy a visitors parking pass?
Definitely check Craigslist and StubHub for tickets. With StubHub there are pickup locations near the arena to get physical tickets so you don't have to just do digital ones. As teams lose you'll see them posting tickets online. Just have to keep checking. There are usually scalpers too or if 100% necessary the ticket office sells individual games.

As far as parking goes, there is a visitor pass that you can get from the parking office. They gave us a hard time twice last year saying that it wasn't to be used for basketball games but we told them that we were never told that and they eventually let us in. We've also parked at the Hard Rock Hotel in the past and walked over. Someone posted a while back that it may be under renovation though.

Rawbirds

Post by Rawbirds » February 14th, 2020, 8:33 am

boyblue wrote:
In years past I've been able to buy tickets/packages off of losing team fans with ease, last year a few of us tried after each game without any luck. There were so many scalpers that by the second game, everyone just ignored us. So we just bought them off stubhub each game.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 14th, 2020, 9:01 am

Will the Thomas and Mack Center take tickets or scan tickets off of your phone and you don't need an actual physical ticket if you buy at the StubHub?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 14th, 2020, 9:04 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 9:01 am
Will the Thomas and Mack Center take tickets or scan tickets off of your phone and you don't need an actual physical ticket if you buy at the StubHub?
Most of the tickets I've seen on StubHub have been physical tickets that you have to pick up before going to the game. Last year StubHub setup a Last Minute Service booth in a hotel about 1/4 mile from the arena that you could pick the tickets up from.

SweepDance

Post by SweepDance » February 14th, 2020, 9:36 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 8:31 am

Definitely check Craigslist and StubHub for tickets. With StubHub there are pickup locations near the arena to get physical tickets so you don't have to just do digital ones. As teams lose you'll see them posting tickets online. Just have to keep checking. There are usually scalpers too or if 100% necessary the ticket office sells individual games.

As far as parking goes, there is a visitor pass that you can get from the parking office. They gave us a hard time twice last year saying that it wasn't to be used for basketball games but we told them that we were never told that and they eventually let us in. We've also parked at the Hard Rock Hotel in the past and walked over. Someone posted a while back that it may be under renovation though.
Correct. Hard Rock closed down after the Super Bowl for renovations and will be rebranded as a Virgin Hotel. Too bad for this year--I always liked parking there, betting on the games and then walking over.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 14th, 2020, 11:11 am

OMG what ever we do do not buy any tickets thru the USU ticket office.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2020, 9:01 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
boyblue wrote:

I like to buy tickets as I go because I don't attend if the next games if the Aggies lose. I am looking at some Quarterfinal tickets and they say paper delivery by March 6th. I am going down that day and may not be at home. You mention there are some physical locations right by the stadium. Where would those locations be, I am a little hesitant to purchase and then not sure how I pick them up?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 16th, 2020, 9:31 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 9:01 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
boyblue wrote:

I like to buy tickets as I go because I don't attend if the next games if the Aggies lose. I am looking at some Quarterfinal tickets and they say paper delivery by March 6th. I am going down that day and may not be at home. You mention there are some physical locations right by the stadium. Where would those locations be, I am a little hesitant to purchase and then not sure how I pick them up?
When you pick delivery there should be an option for Last Minute Services...you definitely don't want them mailed. Last year the Last Minute Services were at the Embassy Suites by the Thomas & Mack. Vegas used to have a permanent location over by the Rio but it looks like they just use pop-ups now for different events. After purchasing they'll tell you the exact pickup location.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » February 16th, 2020, 9:33 am

Also it is really easy to move down from the upper bowl to the lower bowl. If you’re looking to save money you can buy upper bowl tickets and move down.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2020, 9:54 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 9:31 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 9:01 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
boyblue wrote:

When you pick delivery there should be an option for Last Minute Services...you definitely don't want them mailed. Last year the Last Minute Services were at the Embassy Suites by the Thomas & Mack. Vegas used to have a permanent location over by the Rio but it looks like they just use pop-ups now for different events. After purchasing they'll tell you the exact pickup location.
Thank you, I appreciate it. For the quarterfinal games on Thursday starting at 6:00 pm which is where the Aggies will probably end up there are lower bowl prices for as low as $21 which is a good deal.

sneed

Post by sneed » February 16th, 2020, 11:15 am

I have always got all session tickets but this year I’m not going until Thursday. You really don’t save much money with the all session tickets this year. Maybe you didn’t in the past or I just didn’t pay attention.

Very excited - I look forward to this tournament all year. If you haven’t gone - you need to try it!

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » February 16th, 2020, 11:57 am

It's my first time going. I was just going to buy tickets there. Is that a bad idea? Do I need to try and find them before the tournament? I'm total noob.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2020, 12:01 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 11:57 am
It's my first time going. I was just going to buy tickets there. Is that a bad idea? Do I need to try and find them before the tournament? I'm total noob.
You are fine to buy them there. Th upper deck is always only 10-20% full. There are also scalpers all over the parking lot.

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » February 16th, 2020, 12:08 pm

What's a good price from a scalper?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2020, 12:30 pm

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
February 16th, 2020, 12:08 pm
What's a good price from a scalper?
It seems like last year i bought lower bowl tickets for roughly 40.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 16th, 2020, 12:32 pm

I'd recommend at least looking on StubHub or Craigslist ahead of time for the first game. For other games you can often times you can get tickets from fans of the losing teams after a game ends. Half of our group does the all-session pass and the other half does it game by game. If you find the right people you can sometimes get lower bowl for $10-20. A couple of years ago they got free tickets to the Championship game.

As far as all-session prices go, they really don't save you money. It's about convenience and knowing you have a guaranteed lower bowl seat for every game.

All Things Aggies
Has thanked: 0

Post by All Things Aggies » February 16th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Is anyone here purchasing single-game tickets, if so where is the best place to buy them?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 20th, 2020, 8:57 pm

I went to the tournament last year, but cannot remember about the numbering of the rows. On stub hub they are showing rows like A, B etc. Anyone know if those correlate to row numbers like 1, 2 etc? Trying to find the best prices closest to the court, but am not sure about row numbering. By the way, there are tickets on stub hub for $16 for the quarterfinal night games. Super excited to go to the tournament.

Any students on the board know if any members of the Hurd are going down to the tournament? I know it is spring break that week so there should be no excuses.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » February 20th, 2020, 9:01 pm

Dear lord guys.
Our Athletic Department gets money in these deals. Why oh why would you fund Wyoming’s or another AD.
The seats will be excellent and there will be enough empties to move anyways.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 20th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 9:01 pm
Dear lord guys.
Our Athletic Department gets money in these deals. Why oh why would you fund Wyoming’s or another AD.
I donate to fund the athletic department, and do a few other things to support them, but when I buy tickets I want to know where they are before I purchase them. Years ago I jumped on purchasing Potato Bowl tickets through USU. I was one of the first to buy tickets. My reward for being near the front of the line? I was seated in BF Egypt probably 10 rows from the nearest other fan. Nope. It seemed they were selling the worst seats first. I’m not doing that again. I don’t care about paying the premium to the AD. I do care about knowing where I’m sitting. If Wyoming’s ticket office can tell me where my tickets are when I purchase them, why can’t USU’s ticket office?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 20th, 2020, 9:30 pm

I'm guessing that Wyoming had an earlier deadline for purchasing than USU did. Once the deadline has passed and the donors have all been prioritized it becomes a free for all and they can usually tell you where your seats are. A couple of years ago USU gave us bad tickets for the tournament and I was able to call and exchange them for better seats. When I did that they gave me a few options.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 20th, 2020, 9:58 pm

If the schools could sell single session tickets i would buy through usu. I dont care about going to all the seesions so i buy tickets as the aggies advance. I won't spend $265 for an all session pass if I don't know the Aggies are going to make it to the championship game it's just not worth it to me. Now for bowl games and Away tickets to Aggie football games I always buy to the ticket office cuz that directly reflects that but it's also just one game with the basketball tournament there's no guarantee they're going to make it past the first round.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 20th, 2020, 10:18 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 9:58 pm
If the schools could sell single session tickets i would buy through usu. I dont care about going to all the seesions so i buy tickets as the aggies advance. I won't spend $265 for an all session pass if I don't know the Aggies are going to make it to the championship game it's just not worth it to me. Now for bowl games and Away tickets to Aggie football games I always buy to the ticket office cuz that directly reflects that but it's also just one game with the basketball tournament there's no guarantee they're going to make it past the first round.
I don’t mind shelling out the $ for the tourney even though the Aggies may lose early. I enjoy the conference and NCAA tourneys regardless. I wish they would sell a men’s tournament package like they do for the women’s tournament. But if they did hardly anyone (especially Aggie fans) would buy the “all session” package. I have zero interest in women’s basketball on any level unless a family member is playing.

ususports

Post by ususports » February 20th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
Dear lord
Yes?

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 20th, 2020, 10:26 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
Dear lord guys.
And another thing. As to being able to “move down to better seats”, in my younger years I perhaps was much more willing to be a scofflaw and appropriate seats I don’t have tickets for. But at my age I no longer want to have an usher give me the bum’s rush from those seats. Further, I want the same seats for the entire tourney with no guessing where I may be sitting game to game.

boyblue

Post by boyblue » February 25th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Is there somewhere that shows all the different team sections in the arena? What section is USU? I have to buy single game tickets and dont want to sit by certain fan bases.

bigwilly087

Post by bigwilly087 » February 25th, 2020, 7:55 pm

boyblue wrote:Is there somewhere that shows all the different team sections in the arena? What section is USU? I have to buy single game tickets and dont want to sit by certain fan bases.
Look at the second post in this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 25th, 2020, 8:47 pm

boyblue wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Is there somewhere that shows all the different team sections in the arena? What section is USU? I have to buy single game tickets and dont want to sit by certain fan bases.
USU is in the front of 118-122. The brochure was posted earlier in this thread. Page 2 of the brochure is the seating chart.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » February 26th, 2020, 2:36 pm

utaggies wrote:
February 20th, 2020, 9:17 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Dear lord guys.
I donate to fund the athletic department, and do a few other things to support them, but when I buy tickets I want to know where they are before I purchase them. Years ago I jumped on purchasing Potato Bowl tickets through USU. I was one of the first to buy tickets. My reward for being near the front of the line? I was seated in BF Egypt probably 10 rows from the nearest other fan. Nope. It seemed they were selling the worst seats first. I’m not doing that again. I don’t care about paying the premium to the AD. I do care about knowing where I’m sitting. If Wyoming’s ticket office can tell me where my tickets are when I purchase them, why can’t USU’s ticket office?
Because Wyoming is so bad this year that almost none of their tickets have been sold. No need for them to wait for people to buy tickets.

SweepDance

Post by SweepDance » February 26th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Unfortunately I purchased tickets for Thursday's sessions a few days ago, because loads of cheap lower bowl tickets just showed up on StubHub today. There are tickets as cheap as $8 (plus approximately $70,000 in StubHub fees) available for both Thurday sessions now.

In all seriousness I just mocked up an order for two $8 tickets and it comes to just under $32 after fees. Still a great deal!

Edit: Links!

https://www.stubhub.com/mountain-west-b ... 104548415/

https://www.stubhub.com/mountain-west-b ... 104550465/

Locked Previous topicNext topic