Announcers Honestly

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgsRock
Has thanked: 0

Announcers Honestly

Post by AgsRock » March 7th, 2020, 12:46 am

Those announcers tonight were openly cheering for Wyoming after one of their late threes. Really be professional.

troutputz
RIP

Re: Announcers Honestly

Post by troutputz » March 7th, 2020, 12:57 am

They pissed me off so much I about tipped over in my wheel chair watching the game. My wife always comments, “ do you really think they can hear you when you yell at the TV!”? I just say no but it’s all about being an Aggie.

Wyoming fans are saying they got screwed on the referring because we shot 40 free throws and they shot 14..
Wah, wah, wah......Cry me a Laramie!

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 7th, 2020, 5:51 am

troutputz wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 12:57 am
They pissed me off so much I about tipped over in my wheel chair watching the game. My wife always comments, “ do you really think they can hear you when you yell at the TV!”? I just say no but it’s all about being an Aggie.

Wyoming fans are saying they got screwed on the referring because we shot 40 free throws and they shot 14..
One team went to the rack while the other shot 3s. Which one is going create contact. On that note I think mw refs have decided to not call anything wjen Sam goes to the hoop. Yes he creates contact but so do a lot of players who would get some of these calls.

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » March 7th, 2020, 7:01 am

troutputz wrote:

Do Wyoming fans realize they fouled up 9 times in the last 1:28?

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » March 7th, 2020, 7:19 am

AgsRock wrote:Those announcers tonight were openly cheering for Wyoming after one of their late threes. Really be professional.
MPC!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » March 7th, 2020, 7:49 am

Dwigt wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 7:01 am
troutputz wrote:

Do Wyoming fans realize they fouled up 9 times in the last 1:28?
I only show they were called for 29 fouls. Honestly, what do they expect? They're ranked 262 in the nation on fouls per game. They average 18.7 a game. Looking at their schedule, doesn't look like there are many games that they were in a position that they had to foul at the game, so those 9 at the end should drive their number higher than average. Plus this was their biggest game of the year and they are a young team. So taking into all into consideration, I don't think 29 fouls is egregious.

The Aggies, average 15.9, so, right about their average.

I know, trying to use logic on a sports fan is like trying to teach my dog to speak Spanish, I'm just saying...

As a side note, in 2 or 3 years, that young Wyoming team is going to be pretty decent.
Last edited by Aggie19 on March 7th, 2020, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Go Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 7th, 2020, 7:51 am

Honestly announcers do that in March. They love underdog stories. Wyoming being the last place team in the league and being tied late in the semifinals are the stories March is made of. I wouldn't worry that much about it. Our team buckled down, played well and closed them out like great teams do.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 3):
oleblu111NAggsty ButlerNVAggie

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » March 7th, 2020, 7:57 am

One thing I was hoping the announcers would address is whether an 11 seed in the MW tournament had ever won a tournament game. :roll:
These users thanked the author WannabeAgAlum for the post (total 2):
2004AGaggies22

lionhead

Post by lionhead » March 7th, 2020, 7:57 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 7:51 am
Honestly announcers do that in March. They love underdog stories. Wyoming being the last place team in the league and being tied late in the semifinals are the stories March is made of. I wouldn't worry that much about it. Our team buckled down, played well and closed them out like great teams do.
Completely agree. It was a great underdog story where we came out on the positive side. We have been in the same position several times. Go Aggies!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 7th, 2020, 8:19 am

Aggie19 wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 7:49 am
As a side note, in 2 or 3 years, that young Wyoming team is going to be pretty decent.
They can be as decent as they want to be. As long as they are consistent and playing in November and December the way they do in January and February. Not losing at home to Idaho State. Same goes for CSU who has young guys who will be back.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
Aggie19

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » March 7th, 2020, 8:22 am

The anouncers bothered me, but not because they were cheering for Wyoming. I thought they got just as excited when Sam took over. I felt like they hadn’t done proper research. The one guy said several times Quetta was a bad free throw shooter. At the end someone must have passes him a note that said Quetta actually hits 75 percent and he then said once that he was missing them tonight. It’s not fair to Quetta just cause he his tall to assume he has a bad percentage. At least look down at your stat sheet (or the tv screen) if your not gonna do any research on the teams So you can be accurate and fair. I also can’t like it when guys talk about their past playing days, but that is just my personal pet peeve.
These users thanked the author nswaggie for the post:
GaryTakeTheWheel

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 7th, 2020, 8:35 am

lionhead wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 7:57 am
Completely agree. It was a great underdog story where we came out on the positive side. We have been in the same position several times. Go Aggies!
Yep and now today we are the underdog with our season on the line.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
lionhead

freakboy

Post by freakboy » March 7th, 2020, 8:39 am

If we are going to complain about the officiating every game as the reason we lost, we should be consistent and credit the officials for the victory.
These users thanked the author freakboy for the post (total 2):
lionheadTheAKAggie

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » March 7th, 2020, 8:46 am

nswaggie wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 8:22 am
The anouncers bothered me, but not because they were cheering for Wyoming. I thought they got just as excited when Sam took over. I felt like they hadn’t done proper research. The one guy said several times Quetta was a bad free throw shooter. At the end someone must have passes him a note that said Quetta actually hits 75 percent and he then said once that he was missing them tonight. It’s not fair to Quetta just cause he his tall to assume he has a bad percentage. At least look down at your stat sheet (or the tv screen) if your not gonna do any research on the teams So you can be accurate and fair. I also can’t like it when guys talk about their past playing days, but that is just my personal pet peeve.
Dan Dickau’s last name describes him perfectly. He kept saying things eluding to Sam flopping or making things look worse when he was getting fouled a few times in the first game against NM and then he kept saying how Queta shouldn’t be celebrating after making a sweet left hook because he air balled one the night before, but queta does the little hand thing after every made basket. Dan just seemed like he had some below the surface issues with some of our guys.

Also, we aren’t really huge underdogs going in today’s game so I bet the story today will be all about the Aztecs
and how amazing they are so might as well get used to not getting respect. The only way to do that is to come out and not just win but dominate. That’s the only way to shift the dialogue in our direction.

Quelch

Post by Quelch » March 7th, 2020, 8:49 am

:utah: :utah: :utah: I was at the game. I felt relaxed the entire game, much like I would be if we had a 17 point lead the whole game. Wyoming did not have one lead the entire game. In fact, they never led in the game. Wyoming had a nice run and played as well as the could have. I did not complain about the New Mexico game refs. They called fouls both ways. I wouldn’t complain about these refs last night. No team has been cost any game in the MWC Tournament!

I won’t be as relaxed for todays game but it looks like another win to me.

If we don’t, it must certainly be the refs fault!!!!

Quelch

Post by Quelch » March 7th, 2020, 8:51 am

These users thanked the author Quelch for the post:
USU78

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » March 7th, 2020, 8:53 am

I think the refs did fine last night but people are annoyed by the announcers calling the game on cbssports.

With that said, the game is on cbs today. Will we get the same announcers from cbssports or an upgraded crew since it’s national.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 7th, 2020, 9:14 am

March 7th, 2020, 8:35 am
lionhead wrote:
And all they'll talk about is how great San Diego State is.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 7th, 2020, 9:20 am

Crossing my fingers for Kevin Harlan again. That was incredible last year.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 7th, 2020, 10:40 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:20 am
Crossing my fingers for Kevin Harlan again. That was incredible last year.
Sorry. Andrew Catalon.

Nobody here knows anything.

lionhead

Post by lionhead » March 7th, 2020, 10:59 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 9:14 am
March 7th, 2020, 8:35 am
lionhead wrote:
And all they'll talk about is how great San Diego State is.
Even better when we beat them!! :rock: :utah: :state: :scotsman:

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 7th, 2020, 12:01 pm

It never ceases to amaze me what sports fans complain about.

The announcers' job is to keep people watching.

And to be fair to Dickau, Merrill is a pretty prodigious flopper. We might as well own it at this point.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » March 7th, 2020, 12:21 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
March 7th, 2020, 12:01 pm
It never ceases to amaze me what sports fans complain about.

The announcers' job is to keep people watching.

And to be fair to Dickau, Merrill is a pretty prodigious flopper. We might as well own it at this point.
I disagree with that.
Merrill is excellent at initiating contact. He gets hit a lot and a lot of the hits were initiated by Sam. He doesn’t flop though.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » March 7th, 2020, 12:50 pm

I was always a Dickau fan. I live in Spokane around the time he was playing with Zags but he makes comments almost under his breath that are like little snarky jabs and it’s not professional. I do think Sam falls way too much and have made comments bout it before but it’s the way Dickau makes his comments that bothers me. It’s not his job to tell our players how they should be acting. The quip about Queta shouldn’t be celebrating bugged me the most. I liked the other announcer calling the game with him.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » March 7th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Announcers have opinions just like all of us. I think in both games they have been fine and actually gave us a ton of love in game 1. I have no problem with them. Seems that we are really think skinned at times. No one is out to get us and we get credit when we earn it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic