(SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SDSU
Troll

(SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

Post by SDSU » March 8th, 2020, 6:27 pm

We can go on about MWCT vs MWC regular season or W/L head to head ratios, etc etc. Not even gonna bother with that.

Whoever is the last mwc team(USU/SDSU) standing in the NCAA tournament IS the better team.

the NCAA tournament decides all. it's the end all be all.

I have SDSU winning the national title. There's really no other team in the NCAA that is a clear cut favorite against them. Maybe kansas?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: (SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

Post by USU78 » March 8th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Score.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: (SDSU/USU) whoever gets furthest in the NCAA tournament is the best team in the MWC

Post by USU78 » March 8th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Board.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 8th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Whoever wins the MWC championship is the MWC champion. That would be USU, who is also now your daddy.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
aggies22

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 8th, 2020, 6:41 pm

SDSU wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 6:27 pm
We can go on about MWCT vs MWC regular season or W/L head to head ratios, etc etc. Not even gonna bother with that.

Whoever is the last mwc team(USU/SDSU) standing in the NCAA tournament IS the better team.

I have SDSU winning the national title. There's really no other team in the NCAA that is a clear cut favorite against them. Maybe kansas?
I have never seen someone so cocky and confident after losing to a "little, nobody team" Utah State.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyaggies22

sl7hk

Post by sl7hk » March 8th, 2020, 6:55 pm

This is the same guy that at the start of league play said Sam Diego St. was assured the number one overall seed in the dance. How did that work out for ya?
These users thanked the author sl7hk for the post:
aggies22

MrBiggle

Post by MrBiggle » March 8th, 2020, 7:03 pm

SDSU wrote:

They did just loose to a potential 10/11 seed team, so there’s that.
Really though I hope both teams make it far. I will also be cheering for the Aztecs.

Where only sage brush grows

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » March 8th, 2020, 7:10 pm

SDSU wrote:We can go on about MWCT vs MWC regular season or W/L head to head ratios, etc etc. Not even gonna bother with that.

You sure you wanna jinx your team again? I’m thinking- stupid, stupid, stupid... while pointing my finger in your direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 8th, 2020, 7:17 pm

I think this is a great idea that all sports should adopt. Like whichever teams make the NBA finals, you determine the winner by the team that does better the next season. It’s brilliant. Let’s do away with championship games altogether.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » March 8th, 2020, 7:19 pm

Only as good as your last game, you know the one you guys just lost. You have to wait until next season before you have a chance at beating us again unless we get matched up in the NCAA tourney. Though if that happens, I would feel really really bad about ending your special season, so I hope that doesn’t happen for your sake.

These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post (total 2):
JSHarveyaggies22

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » March 8th, 2020, 7:24 pm

I guess eating crow makes you delirious these days. :utah: :state:

It’s all going to be ok SDSU.

Here some easy listening for ya:

Last edited by FL350Aggie on March 8th, 2020, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 8th, 2020, 7:25 pm

I find it simultaneously fascinating and annoying that my fellow Aggie fans continue to respond to this clown.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
BigVBAg

Eutaw St. Aggie

ususports

Post by ususports » March 8th, 2020, 7:46 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 6:41 pm
I have never seen someone so cocky and confident after losing to a "little, nobody team" Utah State.
You must live isolated in the mountains away from all BYU and U of U fans.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » March 8th, 2020, 7:50 pm

ususports wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:46 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
You must live isolated in the mountains away from all BYU and U of U fans.
I live in Iowa :lol:

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 8th, 2020, 8:09 pm

Yoss is right. Trolls get satisfaction from people reacting to their outlandish statements. No true Asstech fan would be on our board yesterday or today let alone creating a handful of new threads. Please resist any urge to respond and talk trash. It won’t phase a troll, just gives him what he wants. I’m done.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 9th, 2020, 12:51 am

MrBiggle wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:03 pm
SDSU wrote:

They did just loose to a potential 10/11 seed team, so there’s that.
Really though I hope both teams make it far. I will also be cheering for the Aztecs.
they don't give bubble teams w/ an autobid the 10 and 11 seed. Utah St will be an 8 seed just like last season

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 9th, 2020, 12:54 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

hell, even if USU went 3-0 against SDSU, finished #1 in the conf. and won the conf. tournament. if USU exits in the first round while SDSU gets to the S16, E8, FF, or win the national title(which they are one of the fav to get) by default SDSU is the better team.

The NCAA tournament is the absolute best measurement of a team's success that season. For anyoen to even remotely argue against that is a full blown potato

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 9th, 2020, 12:56 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
SDSU wrote:

uh, SDSU is the #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. They are one fo the favotites to win it all. No underdog mentality here, SDSU is one of the four legit contenders to win. I'm fairly certain SDSU will win the national title.

30-2, both of those losses was within 3 points, and sdsu beat those two teams who have defeated them.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » March 9th, 2020, 7:03 am

All the other SDSU fans were so gracious after the loss. They were the best fans I have ever seen. Even with me chanting MVP after Every Sam shot down the stretch. Too bad they haven’t rubbed off on you it must be why you come here

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 9th, 2020, 7:53 am

I'm not going to let one troll spoil my feelings about SDSU and their fans. I will be cheering for them in the NC2As. They are our conference mates, and I like their players.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 4):
FloridaAggie13Real Life Aggieusufan1Al-O-Meter

BiocatAg

Post by BiocatAg » March 9th, 2020, 9:10 am

The entire premise of this post undermines everything SDSU has ever posted on the board. He's gone from being adamant that we're just a lowly NIT team that's not worthy to bask in the radiance of his Aztecs to now admitting that there's a chance USU could be better than SDSU? Either he's trying too hard, or we really are in his head. Either way, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm just happy we won the game.

They won the regular season conference championship. We won the tournament championship. They have a great team. We have a good team that can sometimes play great. It's been a frustrating season for Aggie fans, but we're finally back to where we were after the LSU and Florida games. I'd love to see us win a game or two in the NCAAs (was on a mission in 2001), but only time will tell.
These users thanked the author BiocatAg for the post:
Al-O-Meter

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » March 9th, 2020, 1:14 pm

SDSU wrote:

So you're manufacturing a way to prove you're better than us? Seems contrived. We've played 3 times, you won two because your team's great, we won one. The only one with hardware on the line. The only one with real meaning - but one.

It is what it is. Let's each take our results, you take your nothing you earned with your two wins, we'll take our championship we earned with our one win. Good luck to you going forward.

Murkymerk

Post by Murkymerk » March 9th, 2020, 1:20 pm

SDSU had a great season, and definitely deserves a 2 seed. Gonzaga and Kansas are locks at 1 seeds. Dayton, Duke, Baylor, Kentucky, and Florida State can all play their way into a number 1 seed if they win their tournaments. Winning when it’s all on the line matters to the selection committee.
These users thanked the author Murkymerk for the post:
aggies22

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » March 9th, 2020, 1:29 pm

man i love this guy

hope he never leaves
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

kofdog

Post by kofdog » March 9th, 2020, 2:39 pm

It's Frank....now I'm sure of it.
These users thanked the author kofdog for the post:
aggies22

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » March 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm

There’s only one thing that comes from the NCAA tournament: the Champion. No other rankings are given out. 67 losers and 1 winner.

Likewise, the conference tournament has only one outcome: a Champion. That’s Utah State. No matter what happens after this point won’t change the fact that the Mountain West Conference Tournament Champion banner will be hanging in the Spectrum. The one tournament that decides between Utah State and Sam Diogo State has already happened.

We’ll be rooting for you guys in the tournament and for the MWC.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 10th, 2020, 1:39 am

BiocatAg wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 9:10 am
The entire premise of this post undermines everything SDSU has ever posted on the board. He's gone from being adamant that we're just a lowly NIT team that's not worthy to bask in the radiance of his Aztecs to now admitting that there's a chance USU could be better than SDSU? Either he's trying too hard, or we really are in his head. Either way, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm just happy we won the game.

They won the regular season conference championship. We won the tournament championship. They have a great team. We have a good team that can sometimes play great. It's been a frustrating season for Aggie fans, but we're finally back to where we were after the LSU and Florida games. I'd love to see us win a game or two in the NCAAs (was on a mission in 2001), but only time will tell.
It's way easier to win the conf.tournament than to place 1st in the conference.

SDSU will win the national title. I'm not even sure USU will make it past the first weekend with their 8/9 seed projection

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 10th, 2020, 1:42 am

scotlandog wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm
There’s only one thing that comes from the NCAA tournament: the Champion. No other rankings are given out. 67 losers and 1 winner.

Likewise, the conference tournament has only one outcome: a Champion. That’s Utah State. No matter what happens after this point won’t change the fact that the Mountain West Conference Tournament Champion banner will be hanging in the Spectrum. The one tournament that decides between Utah State and Sam Diogo State has already happened.

Considering the NCAA tournament is the umbrella tournament above the conference tournaments, your poitns are laughable. Have fun hanging the MWCT banner along with the NCAA round of 32(presuming they get past TExas tech or Ohio St) in the 8/9 game. Then again, if USU is capable of beating #1 seed SDSU, surely in the 2nd round, they have a good shot at beating Kansas.

want a better seed in the NCAA tournament? Don't lose to air force

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » March 10th, 2020, 1:53 am

SDSU wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 1:39 am
SDSU will win the national title.
I thought you were a realist? Maybe you meant, realist as in, REAL I STupid.

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 10th, 2020, 5:15 am

brownjeans wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 1:53 am
SDSU wrote:
so a realist wouldn't pick the #1 seed to win the NCAA tournament?

plz stop using words you know nothing about.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 10th, 2020, 5:30 am

SDSU wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 5:15 am
brownjeans wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 1:53 am
SDSU wrote:
so a realist wouldn't pick the #1 seed to win the NCAA tournament?

plz stop using words you know nothing about.
When do you sleep? You are quite dedicated to this board.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » March 10th, 2020, 6:05 am

Paging Malachi Flynn, the defensive player of the year... oh wait, he ducked out on the last possession just like he did the post game presser.

Sam Merrill shut him down, because that’s what great players do. They rise to the occasion and they guard the other team’s best player.

No way SDSU makes it past the sweet 16.

Last edited by dyedblue on March 10th, 2020, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

SDSU
Troll

Post by SDSU » March 10th, 2020, 6:36 am

dyedblue wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:05 am
Paging Malachi Flynn, the defensive player of the year... oh wait, he ducked out on the last possession just like he did the post game presser.

Sam Merrill shut him down, because that’s wise great players do. They rise to the occasion and they guard the other team’s best player.

yay! 1 win in 3 attempts against the #1 team in the MWC. But hey, USU needs a consolation prize from getting swept in the regular season.

when SDSU makes it further than utah st in the NCAA tournament(and perhaps win the national title), nobody is going to remember conference tournaments. Whoever is the lone representation of the conf in the ncaa tournament IS the best team in that conference.

the NCAA tournament is the end all be all. The BIG DANCE

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 10th, 2020, 7:02 am

SDSU wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:36 am
dyedblue wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 6:05 am

Sam Merrill shut him down, because that’s wise great players do. They rise to the occasion and they guard the other team’s best player.

yay! 1 win in 3 attempts against the #1 team in the MWC. But hey, USU needs a consolation prize from getting swept in the regular season.

when SDSU makes it further than utah st in the NCAA tournament(and perhaps win the national title), nobody is going to remember conference tournaments. Whoever is the lone representation of the conf in the ncaa tournament IS the best team in that conference.

the NCAA tournament is the end all be all. The BIG DANCE
2nd place, 2nd place, 2nd place!

Man you are as easy as a BYU fan.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 10th, 2020, 7:07 am

SDSU wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 1:42 am
scotlandog wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Considering the NCAA tournament is the umbrella tournament above the conference tournaments, your poitns are laughable. Have fun hanging the MWCT banner along with the NCAA round of 32(presuming they get past TExas tech or Ohio St) in the 8/9 game. Then again, if USU is capable of beating #1 seed SDSU, surely in the 2nd round, they have a good shot at beating Kansas.

want a better seed in the NCAA tournament? Don't lose to air force
Or UNLV, Boise State and New Mexico. No $hit Sherlock. With advice like that and a complete working knowledge of the NET you should be on the Selection Committee.

Locked Previous topicNext topic