Out Hustled and Out Coached!

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ryguy417

Out Hustled and Out Coached!

Post by ryguy417 » February 19th, 2021, 10:05 pm

As questionable as some of the petty officiating has been during these BSU games, I blame our performance on being flat out hustled and out coached.

Way too many turnovers coming out of a timeouts, lack of urgency on shot clocks and discipline on rushed shot possessions during the last 7 minutes of both contests.

Sure wish we had anyone who could hit or defend a 3-pointer too.

I’m going to post this with 3 min left and only hope to eat crow afterwards. Okay, rant over!
These users thanked the author ryguy417 for the post:
CastIronAggie

utaggies

Re: Out Hustled and Out Coached!

Post by utaggies » February 19th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Bairstow = wasted scholarship
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post:
painmd

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 19th, 2021, 10:13 pm

Well that’s the season. There’s no at large now. We have to hope there is a tournament and we can win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:16 pm

We could have really used Worster this series. With another guard to rotate, I think we win this second game and maybe even the first one. Its too bad he got hurt before the most important series of the season.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
ProvoAggie

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » February 19th, 2021, 10:16 pm

51 second half points given up. We can’t guard a chair right now. Also if Miller is so banged up like Smith says then why the hell is he the primary defender on Alston?!
These users thanked the author UStateTim for the post:
AggieFBObsession

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 19th, 2021, 10:21 pm

UStateTim wrote:51 second half points given up. We can’t guard a chair right now. Also if Miller is so banged up like Smith says then why the hell is he the primary defender on Alston?!
It was clear from last game that Miller can’t guard him. And the last 10 minutes was just set plays to pick on Miller. We didn’t adjust. Anthony should have been on him the whole game. Frustrating to see this whole season go down in flames these last two games.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 19th, 2021, 10:22 pm

scotlandog wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:21 pm
UStateTim wrote:51 second half points given up. We can’t guard a chair right now. Also if Miller is so banged up like Smith says then why the hell is he the primary defender on Alston?!
It was clear from last game that Miller can’t guard him. And the last 10 minutes was just set plays to pick on Miller. We didn’t adjust. Anthony should have been on him the whole game. Frustrating to see this whole season go down in flames these last two games.

Really the losses that haunt is unlv and csu at home. Not road games against a top 40 team that we had chances to win.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 3):
flying_scotsman2.0jwaggieaggies22

SLB

Post by SLB » February 19th, 2021, 10:22 pm

The Aggies are injured, and Boise State couldn't miss. Worster for crying aloud is the PG and key for defensive play. We looked tired at the end. The refs were terrible and wanted Boise State to win.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 19th, 2021, 10:23 pm

I thought the refs were fine. Boise just made more plays than us and being at home and a full team probably helped that for them.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
ProvoAggie

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:24 pm

UStateTim wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:16 pm
51 second half points given up. We can’t guard a chair right now. Also if Miller is so banged up like Smith says then why the hell is he the primary defender on Alston?!
Good point but man they made some well defended tough shots. Especially Armus down the stretch. We got nothing from our guards again. Agree with sentiment we miss Worster. Ash worth was a non factor as a starter. Can someone please make a 3?!

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » February 19th, 2021, 10:24 pm

scotlandog wrote:

LOL. Go to bed. Geez.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:26 pm

Refs didn't lose us that game. We don't have a lot of depth and Worster is an important piece of our team.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
gomretat

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 19th, 2021, 10:29 pm

slcagg wrote:
scotlandog wrote:

Really the losses that haunt is unlv and csu at home. Not road games against a top 40 team that we had chances to win.
Agreed. But those had already happened and this was our chance to dig ourselves back out from those losses. We couldn’t do it. It’s now sealed. With no guarantee that there even will be a conference tournament to rest our last hopes on, this may be it. Winning out against Nevada won’t do it.

These users thanked the author scotlandog for the post:
slcagg

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:30 pm

With the injuries, guys banged up, and fact that we hadn’t played a game in a few weeks and had to go on the road vs a top 40 team, I was impressed with our performance both games. We were in each game for the full 40 min and showed we are tournament caliber even with guys missing. Things just didn’t fall our way.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggieAggie84025

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:30 pm

Why wouldn't there be a conference tournament? There has been absolutely no talk about canceling it.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 19th, 2021, 10:31 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:30 pm
With the injuries, guys banged up, and fact that we hadn’t played a game in a few weeks and had to go on the road vs a top 40 team, I was impressed with our performance both games. We were in each game for the full 40 min and showed we are tournament caliber even with guys missing. Things just didn’t fall our way.
Well stated.

afausu

Post by afausu » February 19th, 2021, 10:34 pm

You can LOL all you want, but Miller was abused the entire game on defense. And it wasn’t just getting blown by every time, he lost his man multiple times. He shouldn’t have been guarding Alston whether injured or not.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » February 19th, 2021, 10:36 pm

afausu wrote:You can LOL all you want, but Miller was abused the entire game on defense. And it wasn’t just getting blown by every time, he lost his man multiple times. He shouldn’t have been guarding Alston whether injured or not.
LOL. Go to bed. Geez.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 19th, 2021, 10:36 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
scotlandog wrote:

LOL. Go to bed. Geez.

Laugh all you want. Make a case for our at-large chances now with a NET 55 before the loss. I’m not saying these were bad losses but they were our last chances to solidify our case. We will likely be 58 in the NET with 2 Q3 losses.

If there is a conference tournament and we don’t win it, we will be on the outside. If we win tonight, everything swings and Boise is likely the one on the outside. This game was huge and we didn’t do what we needed to do.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 19th, 2021, 10:38 pm

slcagg wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:22 pm
scotlandog wrote:

losing on the road against a top 35 team in games that were super close is not what sent the season down in flames. Let's think about this, up 10 against VCU in the 2nd half and crumble. Get land blasted against an average SDSU team. $hitting the bed against BYU when you had every opportunity to win that game. Losing at home against CSU when you were up by 10. Losing against an average UNLV team on the road. Those are the games that determined our season. Losing twice to a quad 1 team in close games, while frustrating, is not the reason we are out of the position for an at large bid. Also not having our starting PG hurt us.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 5):
ThunderAggieElkaggiesignalwaraggies22ryguy417

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 19th, 2021, 10:39 pm

afausu wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:34 pm
You can LOL all you want, but Miller was abused the entire game on defense. And it wasn’t just getting blown by every time, he lost his man multiple times. He shouldn’t have been guarding Alston whether injured or not.
ok, blame Miller he is for sure the reason we lost.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Elkaggie

afausu

Post by afausu » February 19th, 2021, 10:41 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
afausu wrote:You can LOL all you want, but Miller was abused the entire game on defense. And it wasn’t just getting blown by every time, he lost his man multiple times. He shouldn’t have been guarding Alston whether injured or not.
LOL. Go to bed. Geez.

Thanks, Dad, I will. Way past my bedtime.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:42 pm

If it makes you feel any better, we needed a sweep of Boise to have a chance at an at-large. Those chances sailed on Wednesday.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » February 19th, 2021, 10:42 pm

afausu wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
LOL. Go to bed. Geez.

Thanks, Dad, I will. Way past my bedtime.
That would be the only rational explanation.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 19th, 2021, 10:45 pm

We lost, and as a result we will not be an at large team. It is disappointing. Yes, the other early season losses hurt too, but a win tonight gives us a chance notwithstanding those. It hurts because it was the straw that broke our at-large camel’s back.

Let people vent.

I think we are totally effed without Rollie down the stretch. Hope I’m wrong.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on February 19th, 2021, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 19th, 2021, 10:46 pm

slcagg wrote:
scotlandog wrote:

Actually no. The UNLV loss was moot. It’s beating the top teams that breaks the tie-breakers, not losing to an also-ran. We needed to split with BSU or beat CSU twice. We did neither.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » February 19th, 2021, 10:47 pm

The Aggies got beat by a more athletic team that defended at an elite level and had the poise and made the plays down the stretch that USU didn't make. And they did it two games in a row.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 3):
utaggiesAggieFBObsessiongomretat

Eutaw St. Aggie

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 19th, 2021, 10:48 pm

afausu wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:34 pm
Now hold on a minute! I thought Miller was an elite defender!

bpd

Post by bpd » February 19th, 2021, 10:49 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:30 pm
Why wouldn't there be a conference tournament? There has been absolutely no talk about canceling it.
Well, Craig Smith brought it up in postgame, so I think there is a decent chance. Why would they have one, no fans =no money.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 19th, 2021, 10:50 pm

utaggies wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:46 pm
slcagg wrote:
scotlandog wrote:

Actually no. The UNLV loss was moot. It’s beating the top teams that breaks the tie-breakers, not losing to an also-ran. We needed to split with BSU or beat CSU twice. We did neither.
Gotcha. Yes for mw seeding. From a net standpoint the loss that hurt the most was unlv.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 19th, 2021, 10:51 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:42 pm
If it makes you feel any better, we needed a sweep of Boise to have a chance at an at-large. Those chances sailed on Wednesday.
We needed to split with Boise to control our own destiny for the #1 seed. We didn’t do that. With CSU’s away games against Nevada being cancelled CSU will likely get the #1 seed with USU the #2 seed and BSU the #5 seed after they drop 2 games to SDS — if in fact those games are played.
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post:
3rdGenAggie

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 19th, 2021, 10:55 pm

slcagg wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:50 pm
utaggies wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:46 pm
slcagg wrote:
scotlandog wrote:

Gotcha. Yes for mw seeding. From a net standpoint the loss that hurt the most was unlv.
I believe we lost our chance of an at-large by losing the first game against BSU. So winning the conference championship is our only ticket to the dance. We just made the road that much harder now by getting swept by BSU. The semi-finals of the conference tourney will probably pit us against SDS — again.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » February 19th, 2021, 10:57 pm

utaggies wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 10:42 pm
We needed to split with Boise to control our own destiny for the #1 seed. We didn’t do that. With CSU’s away games against Nevada being cancelled CSU will likely get the #1 seed with USU the #2 seed and BSU the #5 seed after they drop 2 games to SDS — if in fact those games are played.
If SDSU sweeps BSU they will only have 3 losses while we have 4. They will be tied with CSU for first. We will be looking at 3rd in that case.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 19th, 2021, 10:58 pm

Tough loss(es), but our guys will bounce back. Losing Worster hurts. Boise is a really good team and it was in their home floor.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
Aggie84025

Formerly TulsAGGIE

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » February 19th, 2021, 10:59 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:With the injuries, guys banged up, and fact that we hadn’t played a game in a few weeks and had to go on the road vs a top 40 team, I was impressed with our performance both games. We were in each game for the full 40 min and showed we are tournament caliber even with guys missing. Things just didn’t fall our way.
I agree completely. Lots of people upset after tonight. We had a great chance to win tonight but couldn't finish them off.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post:
Aggie84025

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Locked Previous topicNext topic