Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
FromLItoLogan
Posts: 101
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by FromLItoLogan » February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...



donlarson8
Posts: 1570
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by donlarson8 » February 13th, 2019, 9:31 pm

I don’t know the answer to your question Spencer, but where were the rest of your 5,000 friends tonight? They missed a great last ten minutes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



FromLItoLogan
Posts: 101
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by FromLItoLogan » February 13th, 2019, 9:34 pm

donlarson8 wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:31 pm
I don’t know the answer to your question Spencer, but where were the rest of your 5,000 friends tonight? They missed a great last ten minutes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good question 😂. I think a big problem was there was almost nothing advertising it on campus these past few days.



donlarson8
Posts: 1570
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by donlarson8 » February 13th, 2019, 9:36 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
donlarson8 wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:31 pm
I don’t know the answer to your question Spencer, but where were the rest of your 5,000 friends tonight? They missed a great last ten minutes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good question Image. I think a big problem was there was almost nothing advertising it on campus these past few days.
Doesn’t everyone literally have a computer in their pocket that they stare at all day? Maybe there needs to be some grassroots advertising of some sort if the Hurd isn’t doing its job.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



usufan1
Posts: 444
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by usufan1 » February 13th, 2019, 9:41 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
donlarson8 wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:31 pm
I don’t know the answer to your question Spencer, but where were the rest of your 5,000 friends tonight? They missed a great last ten minutes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good question Image. I think a big problem was there was almost nothing advertising it on campus these past few days.
Advertising on campus isn't quite the solution. The students as a whole haven't really bought into the team and just don't seem to care.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4417
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 13th, 2019, 10:15 pm

The guy to talk to about it is named DJ Eckman. dj.eckman@usu.edu. You could also to the AD's office on the second floor of the Spectrum and a secretary will tell you where to find DJ.

Also, be aware that a ref has authority to kick any fan out of the arena he wants, with no obligations to give warnings. It doesn't sound like the ref made the call this time though cause when it's the ref's call, you aren't even allowed to be in the nosebleeds, you are out of the building altogether.



FromLItoLogan
Posts: 101
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by FromLItoLogan » February 13th, 2019, 10:39 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 10:15 pm
The guy to talk to about it is named DJ Eckman. dj.eckman@usu.edu. You could also to the AD's office on the second floor of the Spectrum and a secretary will tell you where to find DJ.

Also, be aware that a ref has authority to kick any fan out of the arena he wants, with no obligations to give warnings. It doesn't sound like the ref made the call this time though cause when it's the ref's call, you aren't even allowed to be in the nosebleeds, you are out of the building altogether.
Thanks for the info! I know refs don't have to give warnings to fans but they usually will have the PA announcer issue a warning for people to tone it down. Or at the very least tell event services to tell a fan/section to tone it down.



Aggie_CEE
Posts: 88
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by Aggie_CEE » February 14th, 2019, 9:55 am

What exactly did you say? I'm not saying the event service staff member wasn't on a power trip, but it sounds like you were being "that guy". Hard to tell without knowing both sides of the story. IMHO, if you were booted out for cussing at a ref or opposing player I would think that the majority of our fans would be grateful to not have to sit by you.



usublue20
Posts: 18
Joined: January 15th, 2011, 9:37 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by usublue20 » February 14th, 2019, 10:57 am

Sorry to hijack and maybe this isn't the proper place for this but I also had a run in at the game last night. Not with guest services but with the USU police, particularly one female officer. My older parents, who are USU grads and have rarely missed a game in 30+ years have gotten to a point where it is very difficult for them to walk into the games.

I dropoff/pickup them at the northeast corner of the Spectrum. We always wait until everybody clears out as to not cause problems. Last night I was parked just outside the barrier to the sidewalk waiting for my parents to walk out. There was one other car there as well. Nobody else around, cars or people. Had the female cop come up to my car and start getting on me telling me I can't drive on the sidewalk. Well I wasn't on the sidewalk and was in park so I wasn't going to. After berating me she did the same to the other car. We both then watched as two police SUVs pulled up onto the sidewalk and pick up several people, who were obviously family members of the the cops, who were young and able and perhaps only problem with getting around was being overweight. I guess they think they get special treatment because they wear a badge. After the two USU police vehicles left people in the other car commented on how strange it was. It's been very difficult at times for my mom to walk in to some of the games. If I couldn't drop them off they would not be able to attend. Made them start to wonder if all the hassle was worth even trying.

Not the first time I've had a run in with this particular officer. She pulled me over for not having a front license plate. Yes you are required to have on but it is a secondary offense and you cannot be pulled over for such. Maybe just another police officer that thinks she has power over everyone else and if she doesn't like what your doing watch out.



FromLItoLogan
Posts: 101
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by FromLItoLogan » February 14th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 9:55 am
What exactly did you say? I'm not saying the event service staff member wasn't on a power trip, but it sounds like you were being "that guy". Hard to tell without knowing both sides of the story. IMHO, if you were booted out for cussing at a ref or opposing player I would think that the majority of our fans would be grateful to not have to sit by you.
I was in the student section so do give me some leniency when it comes to that since I'm not the only one with a mouth in there. But after they called the Tech on Coach Smith as they were heading down to the Wyoming side I yelled about them being "f****** trash". Then the guy without a vest but with a badge whipped around and told me to "go up top". If you're gonna boot fans for language, please let us know that apparently a no no. I've been saying similar things with no issues before during this season and other seasons. And I know this is not the first time the refs have heard some of the things I've said.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5160
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 45 times
Contact:

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by TheAKAggie » February 14th, 2019, 1:14 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 9:55 am
What exactly did you say? I'm not saying the event service staff member wasn't on a power trip, but it sounds like you were being "that guy". Hard to tell without knowing both sides of the story. IMHO, if you were booted out for cussing at a ref or opposing player I would think that the majority of our fans would be grateful to not have to sit by you.
I was in the student section so do give me some leniency when it comes to that since I'm not the only one with a mouth in there. But after they called the Tech on Coach Smith as they were heading down to the Wyoming side I yelled about them being "f****** trash". Then the guy without a vest but with a badge whipped around and told me to "go up top". If you're gonna boot fans for language, please let us know that apparently a no no. I've been saying similar things with no issues before during this season and other seasons. And I know this is not the first time the refs have heard some of the things I've said.
You should have said friggin trash. God doesn’t know the difference.


Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
Posts: 14881
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by NVAggie » February 14th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Just listen to the fan rules at the beginning of the game.



NVAggie
Posts: 14881
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has liked: 158 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by NVAggie » February 14th, 2019, 1:40 pm

FAN CODE OF CONDUCT
Utah State is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lots we control around the stadium. Stadium and parking lot staff will intervene to support an environment where all guests can enjoy the game. Failure to comply may result in ejection. Fans attending games are required to refrain from the following behaviors:
  • Interference with progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
  • Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption that result in rude or irresponsible behavior
  • Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature. Fighting, taunting or threatening remarks or gestures.
  • Foul or abusive language or gestures.
  • Possession and/or use of illegal drugs or firearms
  • Failing to comply with instructions from ushers, parking attendants, security or law enforcement
.
These users liked this post from NVAggie:
tysteve20



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4025
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by aceofspadeskb » February 14th, 2019, 2:53 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 12:07 pm
Aggie_CEE wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 9:55 am
What exactly did you say? I'm not saying the event service staff member wasn't on a power trip, but it sounds like you were being "that guy". Hard to tell without knowing both sides of the story. IMHO, if you were booted out for cussing at a ref or opposing player I would think that the majority of our fans would be grateful to not have to sit by you.
I was in the student section so do give me some leniency when it comes to that since I'm not the only one with a mouth in there. But after they called the Tech on Coach Smith as they were heading down to the Wyoming side I yelled about them being "f****** trash". Then the guy without a vest but with a badge whipped around and told me to "go up top". If you're gonna boot fans for language, please let us know that apparently a no no. I've been saying similar things with no issues before during this season and other seasons. And I know this is not the first time the refs have heard some of the things I've said.
Hate to break it to you but common sense should have kicked in. You can't act like that in a public venue like the Spectrum.



BeNo
Posts: 508
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by BeNo » February 14th, 2019, 6:26 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 12:07 pm
Aggie_CEE wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 9:55 am
What exactly did you say? I'm not saying the event service staff member wasn't on a power trip, but it sounds like you were being "that guy". Hard to tell without knowing both sides of the story. IMHO, if you were booted out for cussing at a ref or opposing player I would think that the majority of our fans would be grateful to not have to sit by you.
I was in the student section so do give me some leniency when it comes to that since I'm not the only one with a mouth in there. But after they called the Tech on Coach Smith as they were heading down to the Wyoming side I yelled about them being "f****** trash". Then the guy without a vest but with a badge whipped around and told me to "go up top". If you're gonna boot fans for language, please let us know that apparently a no no. I've been saying similar things with no issues before during this season and other seasons. And I know this is not the first time the refs have heard some of the things I've said.
We can figure out by process of elimination. Drop trash at the next game and see if the same thing happens.



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7034
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by GeoAg » February 14th, 2019, 7:26 pm

Yep. You deserved it. The fan rules were your warning.


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

Aggiestyle
Posts: 404
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:25 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by Aggiestyle » February 15th, 2019, 3:18 pm

I don't want to offend anyone, but do you suppose that some students may not come to games because of experiences they have had with language and actions of fellow students sitting by them. May not be a big issue but just sayin.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 369
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by thegreendalegelf » February 15th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Aggiestyle wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 3:18 pm
I don't want to offend anyone, but do you suppose that some students may not come to games because of experiences they have had with language and actions of fellow students sitting by them. May not be a big issue but just sayin.
I agree. This can go both ways. "I don't go any more because of the bad language" or "I got chewed out/kicked out for saying a swear word. I'm not going any more."



donlarson8
Posts: 1570
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by donlarson8 » February 17th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Aggiestyle wrote:I don't want to offend anyone, but do you suppose that some students may not come to games because of experiences they have had with language and actions of fellow students sitting by them. May not be a big issue but just sayin.
I’ve heard people say they don’t like going to games for things as small as the “you suck” chant.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
bigblue
2012 Gridiron KickOff Pick'em Champion & 2016 Bowl Pick'em Champion
Posts: 1941
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by bigblue » February 17th, 2019, 8:35 pm

donlarson8 wrote:
Aggiestyle wrote:I don't want to offend anyone, but do you suppose that some students may not come to games because of experiences they have had with language and actions of fellow students sitting by them. May not be a big issue but just sayin.
I’ve heard people say they don’t like going to games for things as small as the “you suck” chant.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There have been letters to the editor in the past about about the "you suck" chant. But I feel most don't get offended by it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4417
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 17th, 2019, 9:34 pm

I do know that years ago, when going to games was a bigger thing, it was even included in the announcements in YSA wards that they want the YSA who go to Aggie basketball games to only chant appropriate things. I'm not sure if was just my stake president that asked for it to be announced in our wards, or if people from the AD asked it to be announced in the wards, or how the request for it to be announced got made.



Donald_Sullivan
Posts: 151
Joined: December 10th, 2017, 8:11 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by Donald_Sullivan » February 18th, 2019, 7:48 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 9:34 pm
I do know that years ago, when going to games was a bigger thing, it was even included in the announcements in YSA wards that they want the YSA who go to Aggie basketball games to only chant appropriate things. I'm not sure if was just my stake president that asked for it to be announced in our wards, or if people from the AD asked it to be announced in the wards, or how the request for it to be announced got made.
Sounds like BYU didn't like the behavior of USU fans so BYU contacted the big men in the SLC towers. And there you go.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 12663
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by brownjeans » February 18th, 2019, 8:06 am

Donald_Sullivan wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 7:48 am
Sounds like BYU didn't like the behavior of USU fans so BYU contacted the big men in the SLC towers. And there you go.
You mean BYU-Provo?
These users liked this post from brownjeans:
thegreendalegelf



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4417
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 27 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 18th, 2019, 9:14 am

Donald_Sullivan wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 7:48 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 9:34 pm
I do know that years ago, when going to games was a bigger thing, it was even included in the announcements in YSA wards that they want the YSA who go to Aggie basketball games to only chant appropriate things. I'm not sure if was just my stake president that asked for it to be announced in our wards, or if people from the AD asked it to be announced in the wards, or how the request for it to be announced got made.
Sounds like BYU didn't like the behavior of USU fans so BYU contacted the big men in the SLC towers. And there you go.
While that is a slight possibility, it wasn't right after "the apology", it was years even before that happened. I can remember it happening even during year(s) BYU wasn't on the home schedule.



User avatar
BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Posts: 7569
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by BigBlueDart » February 18th, 2019, 10:56 am

donlarson8 wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 5:00 pm
Aggiestyle wrote:I don't want to offend anyone, but do you suppose that some students may not come to games because of experiences they have had with language and actions of fellow students sitting by them. May not be a big issue but just sayin.
I’ve heard people say they don’t like going to games for things as small as the “you suck” chant.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is probably just me, but I always just felt like that chant was just a bit lame. It not being clever offends me more than the word or the sentiment. Though the one I find even worse in that regard is the "You still suck" chant following up a made free throw by the other team. Of course, I'm just poking holes without providing another solution, here.



Jdav
Posts: 10
Joined: February 16th, 2019, 11:30 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by Jdav » February 18th, 2019, 12:30 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...
I might be able to explain the power trip by event services for the Wyoming game. Prior to the game around 6 o’clock campus police started making the rounds talking to everybody on the front row (I assume of section k and behind the basket). Telling us all to be on better behavior for that game. There is a ref named (I have decided to keep the refs name annonymous) and he has a habit of taking his anger out on the team if he gets too much grief from the students. 2-3 years ago this ref reffed a big game for us and absolutely blew it. He was awful. So we did what we do best. We got mad at him. Chants like “(his name) you suck” took over and it was just all around bad. After the game he went up the tunnel and blew up on an expletive laced tirade against USU officials about how awful we were to him and how some campus police officers should be fired for not doing their jobs. He took his complaints to the Mountain West who then asked us to police it a bit more.


So, we have been trying to do better every time this ref is in town. Because we know he will take it out on us.

It sucks you were kicked out and I’m sure a lot of it had to do with event services being directed to boot anybody who swore at the refs. But at the same time, there are rules of conduct for the students. They are loosely enforced, but we shouldn’t be too surprised when they boot us for breaking them. No warnings need to be given. Hopefully you can come back this next game and continue to bring the heat. (Albeit probably in a cleaner way)



ericsil7
Posts: 185
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 11:26 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by ericsil7 » February 18th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Jdav wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 12:30 pm
FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...
I might be able to explain the power trip by event services for the Wyoming game. Prior to the game around 6 o’clock campus police started making the rounds talking to everybody on the front row (I assume of section k and behind the basket). Telling us all to be on better behavior for that game. There is a ref named (I have decided to keep the refs name annonymous) and he has a habit of taking his anger out on the team if he gets too much grief from the students. 2-3 years ago this ref reffed a big game for us and absolutely blew it. He was awful. So we did what we do best. We got mad at him. Chants like “(his name) you suck” took over and it was just all around bad. After the game he went up the tunnel and blew up on an expletive laced tirade against USU officials about how awful we were to him and how some campus police officers should be fired for not doing their jobs. He took his complaints to the Mountain West who then asked us to police it a bit more.


So, we have been trying to do better every time this ref is in town. Because we know he will take it out on us.

It sucks you were kicked out and I’m sure a lot of it had to do with event services being directed to boot anybody who swore at the refs. But at the same time, there are rules of conduct for the students. They are loosely enforced, but we shouldn’t be too surprised when they boot us for breaking them. No warnings need to be given. Hopefully you can come back this next game and continue to bring the heat. (Albeit probably in a cleaner way)

Freaking Dave Hall
These users liked this post from ericsil7. Total Likes: 2
bigblueTheAKAggie



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 6943
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 71 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by dyedblue » February 18th, 2019, 12:41 pm

As bad as Dave Hall is, no ref should be subjected to that kind of language.

Clean it up next time, cheer the Aggies in, have some with our opponent and enjoy yourself.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from dyedblue:
tysteve20


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 3931
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by AndroidAggie » February 19th, 2019, 11:25 am

i wouldn't worry about it too much. if you really are from long island, then you're just experiencing culture shock of vulgarity in Logan. they take it seriously.



bigwilly087
Posts: 923
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Fruit Heights
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by bigwilly087 » February 19th, 2019, 12:05 pm

FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...
If the ref pointed you out to event services, i'd consider that a warning and am glad they moved you. It's not like they kicked you out of the game, they asked you go to the top of the section and let's be real there aren't really any "nose bleeds" in the Spectrum. If they had left you and you said something else to the referee after he had pointed you out to event services, then I could certainly see them giving us a T. May not be likely, but not worth the risk.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14262
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 66 times
Contact:

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by treesap32 » February 20th, 2019, 8:13 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 12:05 pm
FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...
If the ref pointed you out to event services, i'd consider that a warning and am glad they moved you. It's not like they kicked you out of the game, they asked you go to the top of the section and let's be real there aren't really any "nose bleeds" in the Spectrum. If they had left you and you said something else to the referee after he had pointed you out to event services, then I could certainly see them giving us a T. May not be likely, but not worth the risk.
Anything is possible when Dave Hall enters the Spectrum. Everything that was previously stated in this thread is true regarding that piece of work.



QuackAttackAggie
2015 & 2017 Weekly Pick'em Champion
Posts: 15123
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 20th, 2019, 11:52 pm

treesap32 wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 12:05 pm
FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...
If the ref pointed you out to event services, i'd consider that a warning and am glad they moved you. It's not like they kicked you out of the game, they asked you go to the top of the section and let's be real there aren't really any "nose bleeds" in the Spectrum. If they had left you and you said something else to the referee after he had pointed you out to event services, then I could certainly see them giving us a T. May not be likely, but not worth the risk.
Anything is possible when Dave Hall enters the Spectrum. Everything that was previously stated in this thread is true regarding that piece of work.
I told Dave Hall "I don't make you come to my workplace and watch me suck at my job for 4 straight years" and he said he'd kick me out. I said "you have kids? Your kids know you are this bad at what you do?" Next thing I know somebody from events came over and said the ref said I was using the F word at him. 20 students told him it didn't happen so they let me stay.

Next time down the floor I say "turns out your ears work as bad as your eyes, Dave."

Not my favorite ref for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from QuackAttackAggie. Total Likes: 2
tysteve20donlarson8



FromLItoLogan
Posts: 101
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan, Utah
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by FromLItoLogan » February 21st, 2019, 12:20 am

Update: So I got over myself and didn't actually file a complaint because once I had calmed down a little bit, I realized it would be pretty petty of myself. And then tonight the guy came up and talked to me before the game and gave me an explanation of why and what is and isn't appropriate so I won't have the issue again. So I'm glad I didn't file the complaint. Pretty nice guy once I got over myself
These users liked this post from FromLItoLogan. Total Likes: 5
tysteve20thegreendalegelfNVAggiedonlarson8CodingAggieBlue



User avatar
TheAKAggie
Posts: 5160
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 45 times
Contact:

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by TheAKAggie » February 21st, 2019, 12:45 am

ericsil7 wrote:
Jdav wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 12:30 pm
FromLItoLogan wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 9:28 pm
Hey does anyone know who to email or what office to visit to file a complaint against an events services staff member? I got booted from my front row spot tonight because I said something that apparently wasn't well received by the refs and this kid who was on a power trip from event services made me go up to the nose bleeds. The refs didn't give an official warning and the kid never gave me one either. It's not like I said anything overly offensive nor what I said heard by children. After I got booted the kid then threatened to boot my friend too because he was laughing about it. If I had been given previous warning, I wouldn't have an issue, but a no warning toss is excessive. The stupid thing is that it's not the worst thing I had even said all night, let alone all season from the same spot where I am every game...
I might be able to explain the power trip by event services for the Wyoming game. Prior to the game around 6 o’clock campus police started making the rounds talking to everybody on the front row (I assume of section k and behind the basket). Telling us all to be on better behavior for that game. There is a ref named (I have decided to keep the refs name annonymous) and he has a habit of taking his anger out on the team if he gets too much grief from the students. 2-3 years ago this ref reffed a big game for us and absolutely blew it. He was awful. So we did what we do best. We got mad at him. Chants like “(his name) you suck” took over and it was just all around bad. After the game he went up the tunnel and blew up on an expletive laced tirade against USU officials about how awful we were to him and how some campus police officers should be fired for not doing their jobs. He took his complaints to the Mountain West who then asked us to police it a bit more.


So, we have been trying to do better every time this ref is in town. Because we know he will take it out on us.

It sucks you were kicked out and I’m sure a lot of it had to do with event services being directed to boot anybody who swore at the refs. But at the same time, there are rules of conduct for the students. They are loosely enforced, but we shouldn’t be too surprised when they boot us for breaking them. No warnings need to be given. Hopefully you can come back this next game and continue to bring the heat. (Albeit probably in a cleaner way)

Freaking Dave Hall
He was the best ref in the Wyoming game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

Olderthandirt
Posts: 157
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 2:00 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Where to file a complaint against a member of event services?

Post by Olderthandirt » February 22nd, 2019, 4:49 pm

usublue20 wrote:
February 14th, 2019, 10:57 am
Sorry to hijack and maybe this isn't the proper place for this but I also had a run in at the game last night. Not with guest services but with the USU police, particularly one female officer. My older parents, who are USU grads and have rarely missed a game in 30+ years have gotten to a point where it is very difficult for them to walk into the games.

I dropoff/pickup them at the northeast corner of the Spectrum. We always wait until everybody clears out as to not cause problems. Last night I was parked just outside the barrier to the sidewalk waiting for my parents to walk out. There was one other car there as well. Nobody else around, cars or people. Had the female cop come up to my car and start getting on me telling me I can't drive on the sidewalk. Well I wasn't on the sidewalk and was in park so I wasn't going to. After berating me she did the same to the other car. We both then watched as two police SUVs pulled up onto the sidewalk and pick up several people, who were obviously family members of the the cops, who were young and able and perhaps only problem with getting around was being overweight. I guess they think they get special treatment because they wear a badge. After the two USU police vehicles left people in the other car commented on how strange it was. It's been very difficult at times for my mom to walk in to some of the games. If I couldn't drop them off they would not be able to attend. Made them start to wonder if all the hassle was worth even trying.

Not the first time I've had a run in with this particular officer. She pulled me over for not having a front license plate. Yes you are required to have on but it is a secondary offense and you cannot be pulled over for such. Maybe just another police officer that thinks she has power over everyone else and if she doesn't like what your doing watch out.
Of the woman cops I've associated with, they are for the most part hard core. I think it is because they are women, they feel the need to be taken seriously. (I am not berating them BTW) I have had similar experiences.

Your story reminded me of a cop who threatened to write me a ticket for parking in a handicap spot. I was in the spot, unloading a load of football gear after a game. I was literally the only car in the entire lot, and it was obvious I was just unloading my truck. What a tool. (I am berating this one!)



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic